Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (498 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sonmvayina(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
Alexgman1:
Am listening bro.

I have read the entire old testament, i am yet to find where it says God had a son or that he was sending him as a sin sacrifice for the remission of sin. So the only alternative is that he is fake. So after much research , i discovered jesus is just a Nicean creation on the others of constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire.
I discovered God already gave a solution to the problem of sin in 2nd chronicles 7:14. I also discovered that God hates human sacrifices and calls it an abomination.

And more over he has give a commandments in Exodus 20: 5 That "Do not make the image or likeness of anything in heaven or on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down to them or serve them" so i think reverencing a god created in the image and likeness of a man, something that is found on earth breakes the commandment..

So i passed.

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Kuns84(m): 9:15am On Jan 17, 2021
Today's pastors can be likened to the Pharisees of old whom Jesus stood against. The church is no longer the house of God but rather investment institutions where you are sold false doctrine in exchange for your hard earned money.
When was the last time you heard your pastor speak up against sin? Fornication, adultery, homosexuality etc? Everyday it's about your 'next level' what God has in store for you - they sell fake hope to the masses and fleece their congregation.

God is real, I can never deny that. I've got too many personal experiences to proof it and will always revere Him in my heart.
But you see those greedy, arrogant Nigerian pastors like Oyedepo, Fatoyinbo, Ibeyiome and co?those guys are fraudulent idols who have been elevated to godlike status, they are leading millions to hell.

Leave the church if you must but don't leave God.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Friday: Judas Iscariot Trends On Twitter (photos) / Video: Prophet Odumeje Conducts Strange Deliverance On Woman With Breast Cancer / The Christian Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.