Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? (19649 Views)

Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / ABU Zaria Students Are To Resume This Monday / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Candycrushy(f): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
They should not open abeg

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by akinluyi02(m): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Schl will open and close down again

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
Let them resume so that these children here creating different Monikers will get themselves busy with academic activities

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
My school,a state university,has already resumed since 4th of this month and academic activities started since last week Monday.

Dunno what's hindering other schools...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by CaIIMeAthena(f): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
optimusprime2:
Why bother? I thought the government said youths are better off learning a trade?

The Nigerian government strongly discourages university education so what sort of question is this?

Abeg they should open trade centres sef ...
lol APC regime sai grin
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Jorge91: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
The only way schools can resume and obey social distancing is level by level 500 and 400 resume first, run lectures and exam Go home. 300 and 200 follows, 100 later.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nigeria youth and student should stand for there right,this ppl don't care nd there kids school overseas
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Eileene(f): 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2021
They better resume o so that all these small small boys that have tinted their hair can dye it back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Seyzcham91(m): 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
grin
DanoskiDaniels:
E no easy o

That's how I came to Abuja since March last year to come and school, I didn't even enter the school gate they asked us to go back that corona wants to happen cry cry

I began wondering how to go back to people I had said goodbye to not up to a week

Na so I stayed back o use all money meant for school finish, I come they find work them say if I no get NYSC I no fit work for Abuja e be like na to go Aso Rock go cry o
Make president add me for im feeding budget

except una get work to give me if not una go soon read am here say "Nigerian man die in Aso Rock because of hunger" angry grin angry
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by ejyk375: 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Dirakamara(f): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
The answer to your question is "yes" universities will resume depending on the ones that are serious to resume, as for unn...25th all the way. They are even starting post utme dz week.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by pyyxxaro: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
Delta State university, Abraka is presently writing its Master Exam
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by ipobarethieves: 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
sad Lecturers dat are waiting to scam I pipu and waiting
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by ofiko123(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Lmao...
Wahala for person wey still dey school, wahala for those wey Don finish self grin grin grin

Double wahala for dead body grin grin
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
If I see anybody say that federal universities are better than private schools again,I swear I will kick you in the mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by ofiko123(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jorge91:
The only way schools can resume and obey social distancing is level by level 500 and 400 resume first, run lectures and exam Go home. 300 and 200 follows, 100 later.

Nice one....
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by ofiko123(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Who school help??
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Reference(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
Universities need to become privately run if they are to survive a complete collapse. It is clear this country no longer has the resources to provide qualitative education at that level to ALL eligible Nigerians.

And this is simply because the government is not making money off Nigerians.

If you ask me for a sincere answer I will say the university education system in Nigeria is irreparably damaged. Trust between the owners, government and the operators simply cannot be repaired and as such a completely new aproach is required. One that either completely changes the ownership or tje administration of these institutions of higher learning.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by maiquel: 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Wahala
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Reference(m): 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rgade:
If I see anybody say that federal universities are better than private schools again,I swear I will kick you in the mouth.

That is the future of university education in Nigeria. Government ownership and influence will gradually fade away.

I see a future where universities are all owned by individuals, foundations, trusts, big corporations, special intetest groups and even trade unions.

I think the earlier the government begins to think seriously in this direction the better before the whole thing collapses and certificates awarded are not worth the paper on which they are printed.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Degrezhaa: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
I don't know and sincerely I don't care.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Lightorder: 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Blurpy:
Many factors are standing in the way of school resumption.
1) ASUU strike- The lecturers have not been settled fully. Arrears have not been paid yet and salaries are still owed.

2) Covid19- There are concerns about the rising cases of coronavirus cases in the country and federal Universities are not well funded to provide materials for prevention protocols. Water for hand washing is even a problem in hostels.

3) Nasu/Ssanu Strike- The Joint Union are on strike to press their displeasure over the sharing of the proposed earned allowances.

With all these factors,Are schools really going to resume this month?
I don’t see it happening. Meanwhile, watch how you dey use my old school first gate dey post no resumption topic o
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Princepk212(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2021
THE GREATEST NIGERIAN STUDENTS ARE YET TO RESUME WHILE AJEBOS ARE IN SCHOOL.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by 7victor(m): 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
But they said universities are resuming tomorrow.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
DanoskiDaniels:
E no easy o

That's how I came to Abuja since March last year to come and school, I didn't even enter the school gate they asked us to go back that corona wants to happen cry cry

I began wondering how to go back to people I had said goodbye to not up to a week

Na so I stayed back o use all money meant for school finish, I come they find work them say if I no get NYSC I no fit work for Abuja e be like na to go Aso Rock go cry o
Make president add me for im feeding budget

except una get work to give me if not una go soon read am here say "Nigerian man die in Aso Rock because of hunger" angry grin angry

U be Uniabuja student ko?
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Farid24224(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
I heard schools will be resuming tomorrow... Including higher institutions. How true is this?
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Bluffly: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Money matters. Last last everyone na thief
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by theoplus21: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
some schools are to resume tomorrow which is )7th while some on the 24th according to what i heard
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Blurpy: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sense you get?
Lightorder:
I don’t see it happening. Meanwhile, watch how you dey use my old school first gate dey post no resumption topic o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dose The Waec Or Neco Expire? / IMSU Mourns Students Who Were Killed On Kaduna-Jos Road By Gunmen. Photos / 8 Characteristics Display By Carry- Over Students In Nigeria Campus- ThemiDhayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.