Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? (19634 Views)

Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / ABU Zaria Students Are To Resume This Monday / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
Reference:

That is the future of university education in Nigeria. Government ownership and influence will gradually fade away.

I see a future where universities are all owned by individuals, foundations, trusts, big corporations, special intetest groups and even trade unions.

I think the earlier the government begins to think seriously in this direction the better before the whole thing collapses and certificates awarded are not worth the paper on which they are printed.
That's the most desirable outcome really.
Universities should be privately owned; that's how it is in many parts of the world. Most of the most renowned universities are privately owned.
Government owned universities providing subsidized education really would have been the best for a country of our income level,but of course as with everything the government touches; public universities have almost been killed off by endemic corruption.
Most of them are just their contributing to the cosmetic landscape of their host territory with no valuable output.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Lightorder: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Blurpy:
Sense you get?
is your case a bipolar?
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by samuelpeters(m): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Reference:

That is the future of university education in Nigeria. Government ownership and influence will gradually fade away.

I see a future where universities are all owned by individuals, foundations, trusts, big corporations, special intetest groups and even trade unions.

I think the earlier the government begins to think seriously in this direction the better before the whole thing collapses and certificates awarded are not worth the paper on which they are printed.
There's no way government will stop owning universities.

Since we lack funding,they should stop approving new government universities and shut down the ones that are not even up to standard.

A 2 standard universities per geopolitical zones would have been okay.

University Education is not for everyone. If any one cannot gain admission in these universities, he/she should go to polytechnic or do something entirely different.

©️2021.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by LINTUNE(m): 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chatflick:
Universities should be shut till next year
shutup

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Blurpy: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
You kukuma know wetin dey run for your lineage.kindly seek help today
Lightorder:
is your case a bipolar?
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Lightorder: 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
Blurpy:
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by JuIiusmalema: 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
MelesZenawi:
Let them resume so that these children here creating different Monikers will get themselves busy with academic activities
shut up
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Vikkygeee: 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chatflick:
Universities should be shut till next year
Spoken like a true illiterate
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by SirWarlock: 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jorge91:
The only way schools can resume and obey social distancing is level by level 500 and 400 resume first, run lectures and exam Go home. 300 and 200 follows, 100 later.
ABU is trying something like this but it's going to fall flat grin.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by ignis: 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
Schools are resuming tomorrow
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Muhylonaire007: 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
ofiko123:

Double wahala for dead body grin grin

Lolz... I dey tell you bro
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
JuIiusmalema:
shut up

Lol..

I laugh.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Chatflick(m): 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
Vikkygeee:

Spoken like a true illiterate
Work on your sister's gay issue... Pig!
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by JuIiusmalema: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Lol..

I laugh.
I'm waiting for you to switch to your other moniker and report me
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
JuIiusmalema:
I'm waiting for you to switch to your other moniker and report me

I don't know what you are saying. I am lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by rhymez101(m): 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
remain sug strike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by harmony75: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
yes university are having online classes Unilag is resuming 25th January 2021 Unilorin has resumed online classes Last week thank God they should not keep the students idle and wasting away �
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by CodeTemplar: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
Why are they forcing private unis to follow the public ones that are known to be overcrowded? When it was time for border closure they saw the need to open it for VIPs like Dangote and BUA but cannot apply the same principle to allow private schools that meet social distancing rules open.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Vikkygeee: 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chatflick:

Work on your sister's gay issue... Pig!
Your mother and her mother are pigs
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Chatflick(m): 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
Vikkygeee:

Your mother and her mother are pigs
My mum is late
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Vikkygeee: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chatflick:

My mum is late
Quite unfortunate she had you as a child before her death,poor woman lost twice
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Chatflick(m): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
Vikkygeee:

Quite unfortunate she had you as a child before her death,poor woman lost twice
That's your opinion. I thought you would be the bigger person but it turns out age has nothing to do with maturity. I'm sorry for calling you a pig by the way.

PS: Never bring someone's parent into an argument because it shows you have no regard for yours. There are many ways to get back at someone without involving his or her parents.
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by 9isguy(m): 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
We started online classes last week (Unilorin). They should just allow us to graduate Abeg...2019 400L, 2020 400L, 2021 400L. God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 18, 2021
I wonder why people say education in Nigeria is a scam undecided
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Iseoluwa2050(m): 6:48am On Jan 18, 2021
God will go beg for our Leaders ooooh
because man pikin no go finish study again

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by kafeii123: 7:28am On Jan 18, 2021
samuelpeters:

There's no way government will stop owning universities.

Since we lack funding,they should stop approving new government universities and shut down the ones that are not even up to standard.

A 2 standard universities per geopolitical zones would have been okay.

University Education is not for everyone. If any one cannot gain admission in these universities, he/she should go to polytechnic or do something entirely different.

©️2021.

These ones won't listen to you o.... ASUU has repeatedly canvassed against the approval of new universities when the extant ones are still grappling with issues.... But this our FG seem to have their own agenda....they have sold NEPA...sold airways...sold NITEL etc.... They will not cut back on their bloated and wasteful spendings...nor will they reduce their overhyped salaries....

No...they will rather sell properties that were built by better thinking administrations at pittance to their cronies...who end up running those things aground ...the populace don't know this yet..... education will soon go beyond the reach of the poor and middle -class
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by kafeii123: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2021
Rgade:

That's the most desirable outcome really.
Universities should be privately owned; that's how it is in many parts of the world. Most of the most renowned universities are privately owned.
Government owned universities providing subsidized education really would have been the best for a country of our income level,but of course as with everything the government touches; public universities have almost been killed off by endemic corruption.
Most of them are just their contributing to the cosmetic landscape of their host territory with no valuable output.

We know this is you guys'endgame.....sell off properties your grandfather's didn't have a kobo in building....go ahead sell.... It's the fools who voted your administration in that are to be blamed....2023 will come and a better and more sensible crop of people will come in... they'll try to undo your damages ...till your stupid selves find your way into the place again...and pillage the counter's wealth like you're currently doing...

The millions you officials are stealing surpasses all that universities are in need of. The hefty sums you people are wasting on useless endeavors..you won't bother to fix...but no..you will rather sell state resources at pittance.... Una don dey mad small-small.... Small time now...una go enter market in full...

Cc Reference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by kafeii123: 7:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Eileene:
They better resume o so that all these small small boys that have tinted their hair can dye it back
Lol
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by JuIiusmalema: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2021
kafeii123:

We know this is you guys'endgame.....sell off properties your grandfather's didn't have a kobo in building....go ahead sell.... It's the fools who voted your administration in that are to be blamed....2023 will come and a better and more sensible crop of people will come in... they'll try to undo your damages ...till your stupid selves find your way into the place again...and pillage the counter's wealth like you're currently doing...

The millions you officials are stealing surpasses all that universities are in need of. The hefty sums you people are wasting on useless endeavors..you won't bother to fix...but no..you will rather sell state resources at pittance.... Una don dey mad small-small.... Small time now...una go enter market in full...

Cc Reference
my brother there are times you just read nonsense on this forum and you get so boiled up.
At times I wonder if there are animals that also comment too
Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by kafeii123: 8:01am On Jan 18, 2021
JuIiusmalema:
my brother there are times you just read nonsense on this forum and you get so boiled up.
At times I wonder if there are animals that also comment too

Don't mind the useless fools....that's how they go about spreading rubbish.... He wants government to sell university... As if Nigeria is the only country in the world...which country in the world sells it's university? One fool recently approved a license for a polytechnic recently o... even dashed them about 3billion to start it up...money that could be channeled to rebuild the existing tertiary institutions in that state and bring them up to standard...

Politicians are still receiving millions per month o...but the fool wants sold... imagine such nonsense on Monday morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigerian Universities Resume This Month? by Djex614: 8:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Dirakamara:
The answer to your question is "yes" universities will resume depending on the ones that are serious to resume, as for unn...25th all the way. They are even starting post utme dz week.
Pg students resumed today sef. are you a lioness?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku / 10 Mistakes That Can Cost You First Class Degree / Official 2009 Post UME Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.