Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,713 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work (519 Views)

Why Do Prayers Houses Blame The Victim's Family / Why Do Prayers Not Answered When We Pray Over A Certain Things at A Certain Time / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by StPete: 8:08am On Jan 17, 2021
I'm typing this from the church and I have refused to make any prayers for Nigeria. As Catholic, there is prayer for Nigeria in distress, prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria, and more recently prayer against the Corona virus pandemic.

The first two prayers have been in existence for more than 5 years and the last one has been for about a year now, yet there are no remarkable difference in Nigeria's distressful situation nor has the rate of bribery ever slowed down since these prayers were composed till date. Do I even talk about the rate of spread of the Novell Corona virus in Nigeria compared to last year when the prayers started?

So when these prayers are said in church, I just keep mute and shake my head. Nigeria keeps getting worse everyday even as the number of churches, mosques and other religions are on the rise.

I do believe in God, there are no questions asked. However, I wonder why there's no remarkable difference in the prayers we offer in Nigeria. Has religion become scam particularly in Nigeria?
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by chatinent: 8:09am On Jan 17, 2021
No, you can't keep beating a dead horse.
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by LMS1(m): 8:27am On Jan 17, 2021
NA WHO CHOP BELLEFULL GO DEY SIDON DEY PRAY GIVE NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 17, 2021
There is no verse in the Bible that says Christians should pray for their nations. The only command was that we pray that those in authority will allow us to leave a peaceably life. (1 Tim 2:1-2 kjv) “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” The reason for this is that Buhari can wake up one day and say no more going out, and put soldiers on the street. From there maybe a war will start. You get it?
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Theguided: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
I like this path of questioning you are towing. ; smiley
Logic and faith has to go hand and hand
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by OloshoMan: 9:46am On Jan 17, 2021
Prayers doesn't work whether it is for Nigeria or Tunisia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by josh123(m): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2021
praying for Nigeria is like praying for a fowl to grow teeth. churches have been praying for Nigeria since 1960 but things are getting worst. there are some things that does not need prayer. Nigeria needs sacrifice and effort

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by StPete: 10:13am On Jan 17, 2021
josh123:
praying for Nigeria is like praying for a fowl to grow teeth. churches have been praying for Nigeria since 1960 but things are getting worst. there are some things that does not need prayer. Nigeria needs sacrifice and effort

I like this
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Uyi168: 10:25am On Jan 17, 2021
Prayers, irrespective of whom you are saying it for, do not work...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by kingxsamz(m): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2021
That's because you all are grown adults deceiving yourselves.
Prayers don't work and will never work, no matter what. Prayers don't develop nations.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by ABOVEDELAW: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2021
PRAYING FOR NIGERIA FOR WHAT TO HAPPEN? I ONLY PRAY FOR MYSELF , MY FAMILY AND RELATIVES, MY FRIENDS.
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2021
Prayer and hardwork works.

You have to do the hard works and follow the laws of development then pray.

The problem in this country is that nobody wants to work but they love to prayer

And for your information, Christians do not have the monopoly of prayer.

Muslims and even traditionalist pray.
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by OloshoMan: 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
April 10 1986, Nigeria was even better than now.and they have been praying since, I wonder when their stupid Yahweh will answer them.
Uyi168:

1 Like

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Image123(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
Uyi168:

Since 1986, Nigeria has survived despite the humungous odds. Clear proof that prayers work.
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Image123(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
StPete:
I'm typing this from the church and I have refused to make any prayers for Nigeria. As Catholic, there is prayer for Nigeria in distress, prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria, and more recently prayer against the Corona virus pandemic.

The first two prayers have been in existence for more than 5 years and the last one has been for about a year now, yet there are no remarkable difference in Nigeria's distressful situation nor has the rate of bribery ever slowed down since these prayers were composed till date. Do I even talk about the rate of spread of the Novell Corona virus in Nigeria compared to last year when the prayers started?

So when these prayers are said in church, I just keep mute and shake my head. Nigeria keeps getting worse everyday even as the number of churches, mosques and other religions are on the rise.

I do believe in God, there are no questions asked. However, I wonder why there's no remarkable difference in the prayers we offer in Nigeria. Has religion become scam particularly in Nigeria?

Prayers work but rice alone cannot make jollof rice as important as it is.
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Uyi168: 5:19am On Jan 18, 2021
Image123:

Since 1986, Nigeria has survived despite the humungous odds. Clear proof that prayers work.
Mumu, is this how your own prayers work??
Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by sonmvayina(m): 7:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Prayers dont and wont work for nigeria...we have refused to do the needful first .

Which is see bellow..

1 Like

Re: Do Prayers For Nigeria Really Work by Image123(m): 8:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Uyi168:
Mumu, is this how your own prayers work??

Did Nigeria survive from the brink of collapse professor?

(1) (Reply)

Evil Name, Change It. / Debunking The Trinity: Part 2 / Jesus; The Express Image Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.