Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Should I Marry Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry Her (1847 Views)

Bride Mocks Her Ex For Saying No Man Would Ever Marry Her (Photos, Video) / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? / How Do I Know If My Girlfriend Will Get Fat When I Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Her by english1234567: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2021
I met this girl in December 2020, we started dating, she's a nice and homely girl to the extent I've seen. She stopped in secondary school and she has a son of 9 years. She's 27 years. She's not working. I'm a graduate and currently on my PhD program, I'm 37 years, not married and no child yet. I'm working and a little ok financial. The thing is I've never planned to marry a single mother and I've always wanted to marry a graduate. But the girl is pregnant. I'm so confused if I should marry her and start a family or we should just terminate the pregnancy. Cos i don't want to have a child out of wedlock. My major problem is her child cos the father did not take responsibility. The child lives with her family.
Re: Should I Marry Her by BareFacedLies(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
Next time do not taste what you are not ready to eat! angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Her by zealousayo(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2021
Next time, don't start what you can't finish. For this one, you're already entangled. She's pregnant mehn. I believe you were aware that she's a single mother before you started dating her. So, it's now that you've scored a goal you're just realizing. I think that's your cross, you have to carry it. I advise you don't terminate the pregnancy. I wish you well sir.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her by 2special(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2021
Any decision you're taking, thou shalt not terminate the pregnancy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her by Angelacruz: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2021
U can get married to her and later send her to school if u so wish...

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by kizwid(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2021
you want to terminate pregnant @37, nawa for this old man

7 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her by AfroKnight: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2021
Having unprotected sex means you’re ready for the consequences.

You never planned to marry a single mom or someone who is not a graduate but somehow you had skin to skin with a person who fits those descriptions; a person you met just last month! shocked

You’re lucky it’s only pregnancy you’re dealing with and not something life threatening!

The fact that she’s 27 years old and not working should have suppressed any urge you had.

What if she decides to keep the child, will you act like her baby daddy and abandon them?

You’d better sit down and evaluate your actions and decide

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2021
kizwid:

I tire o
Re: Should I Marry Her by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2021
AfroKnight:
Having unprotected sex means you’re ready for the consequences

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by AfroKnight: 9:53am On Jan 17, 2021
Anyway, Congratulations bro.

If you need baby clothes and stuff, I can supply you wholesale. I hope she gives birth to triplets. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her by DaddyRochie1642: 9:57am On Jan 17, 2021
kizwid:

grin grin
Re: Should I Marry Her by DaddyRochie1642: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2021
AfroKnight:
Having unprotected sex means you’re ready for the consequences.

You never planned to marry a single mom or someone who is not a graduate but somehow you had skin to skin with a person who fits those descriptions; a person you met just last month! shocked

You’re lucky it’s only pregnancy you’re dealing with and not something life threatening!

The fact that she’s 27 years old and not working should have suppressed any urge you had.

What if she decides to keep the child, will you act like her baby daddy and abandon them?

You’d better sir down and evaluate your actions and decide

Afroknight, Expertly dishing out words of Wisdom.

Happy New year

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by jidamsel43(m): 10:02am On Jan 17, 2021
Latest daddy in town

Do you except us to support you to terminate an innocent foetus.
You can brush the girl up to your standard when you marry. She is not too old to start a distance Learning programme. I know your intention for the girl initially was to chop and clean mouth. The girl's ancestors are very powerful and have landed her in the expansive house of an intellectual paragon.

on behalf of all responsible men in Nairaland, I welcome you into our clique .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her by AfroKnight: 10:06am On Jan 17, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Afro knight, Expertly dishing out words of Wisdom.

Happy New year

cheesy Happy New Year!
Re: Should I Marry Her by kalu61(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2021
Wahala bi like bicycle.

Seems like you are academia in prospective and a gentleman man of my category. Let me help you but you go pay consultancy fee.

1. At 37 you are no longer growing young.
@37 you should be taking responsibility of your actions.
@37 you are financial stable at least to feed two months.
@37 you should take the best decision for yourself no matter the societal view.

2. You failed to seek you spec
A graduate even up to a PhD level to fall for something below your standard must be grossly inappropriate but you should bear the consequences. Your emotions betrayed you abi testosterone?

3. Can you be proud of her among your friends and colleagues as a non graduates seeing you are PhD holder in view? Can you present her to your family and defend her no matter what?

With your little Finance!!

4. A non graduates at 27 years and single mum. Doe she has a skill? Can you foot the bill to advance her skill to a meaningful venture, pay all the bills that comes as married man and fund your PhD program? (Thank God her son is with her family but there can be eventualities and will come to live with her mum. I will not rule him out).

Your answer to 3 & 4 will determine if you will settle with her or not.

Having a child out of wedlock is not longer in the equation. That purpose has been defeated religiously and morally. The only way you can bring that back into the equation is to abort the pregnancy.

My advice

She is a financial liability to you. If you know you can't cope with the financial pressure your mistake will lead you to, better her be another mistakes than fall into poverty at 40 and regret for the rest of your life.

Will the abortion be better off for two of you guys? (Less financial pressure and you accepting a non graduates/liability as wife and her son living with you someday). If yes, go ahead.

The girls future in question is in shambles and she sees you as escape route in the name of pregnancy. Hope it was not a mastered trick from her to pin you down with pregnancy?

lf she wants to keep the pregnancy, it's all fine but let her know you will cater for your baby and will not marry her. Everything must be spelt out plain and clear.

If you allow her black mail you emotionally, that's your cup of tea. She is an adult and should also bear the consequences of her action too.

There is no time for experimenting.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her by SeunOSEWApenis(f): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2021
Nawa oo

Nothing maggot no go find for inside buhari brain
Re: Should I Marry Her by CuteMike01(m): 11:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Sorry bro but the damage has been done already. No advice to give but this... CARRY YOUR CROSS AND MOVE ON
Re: Should I Marry Her by Bola146(f): 11:05am On Jan 17, 2021
Go for the woman that makes you happy!!!! Single mother is not a sin, some stupid men caused it. If she is all you really want, go for her!!! If you are my sibling this is what I'll advise him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by kalu61(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2021
Bola146:
Go for the woman that makes you happy!!!! Single mother is not a sin, some stupid men caused it. If she is all you really want, go for her!!! If you are my sibling this is what I'll advise him.
Why stupid men when she could have closed her legs.

CalliDora1 Can you open your legs for with $50m in my account
Re: Should I Marry Her by frozen70(f): 11:16am On Jan 17, 2021
english1234567:
I met this girl in December 2020, we started dating, she's a nice and homely girl to the extent I've seen. She stopped in secondary school and she has a son of 9 years. She's 27 years. She's not working. I'm a graduate and currently on my PhD program, I'm 37 years, not married and no child yet. I'm working and a little ok financial. The thing is I've never planned to marry a single mother and I've always wanted to marry a graduate. But the girl is pregnant. I'm so confused if I should marry her and start a family or we should just terminate the pregnancy. Cos i don't want to have a child out of wedlock. My major problem is her child cos the father did not take responsibility. The child lives with her family.

Am glad you did not mention that your greatest problem is her not being educated

You see that child that is living with her family, whatever little help you have, offer to him

You see that lady, she could be the one that will give you peace of mind in marriage

You see that pregnancy, you would have used a condom to prevent it and since you didn't use it accept it and go ahead with the plans of getting married

What you should be concerned about is how to help her upgrade her education

Being a single mother is not a curse, you have also made her a single mother too, if you reject her with the pregnancy

The boy can keep bearing the surname he is bearing, he will soon join you guys after marriage and that means you will be his father that he knows

My dear, tomorrow that child may be your source of joy, you can't tell

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by MedicH: 11:18am On Jan 17, 2021
There are some women you meet, ordinary kissing or hugs, u wear your condom. God forbid i turn my beautiful life upside down like this oo

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by Frankraj: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2021
english1234567:
I met this girl in December 2020, we started . Cos i don't want to have a child out of wedlock. My major problem is her child cos the father did not take responsibility. The child lives with her family.

Don't ever make the mistake of marrying her , she is pretending because she already have a child , now bear this in mind that you will be the one to train her child to university level directly or indirectly and one day that child will join hands with her mother to fight you . And one day that child will look you in the eyes and tell you that I are not his father . Be wise . Women are not to be trusted especially Nigerian women. Football Match is better when it starts with 0:0

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by Gerrard59(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2021
Lots of irresponsible people in the society these days. How much is Durex or even Gold Circle? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by rabiudon: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2021
english1234567:
But the girl is pregnant.
she’s pregnant?
Re: Should I Marry Her by LordKO(m): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2021
If she's the type that takes delight in oppression/evil, have her born the child out of wedlock and allow her to remain a baby mama - your wish not to have a child out of wedlock notwithstanding, it's a cross you need to carry in this regard. However, if she's the conscientious type, without mental and physical connections with her baby papa, marry her and invest in her to acquire tertiary education to perfect your wish in that regard, especially if she has an altruistic interest in you. Single motherhood has never been a disease; I'm not propagating it nonetheless.
Re: Should I Marry Her by Sexmate10(m): 11:57am On Jan 17, 2021
kalu61:
Wahala bi like bicycle.

Seems like you are academia in prospective and a gentleman man of my category. Let me help you but you go pay consultancy fee.

1. At 37 you are no longer growing young.
@37 you should be taking responsibility of your actions.
@37 you are financial stable at least to feed two months.
@37 you should take the best decision for yourself no matter the societal view.

2. You failed to seek you spec
A graduate even up to a PhD level to fall for something below your standard must be grossly inappropriate but you should bear the consequences. Your emotions betrayed you abi testosterone?

3. Can you be proud of her among your friends and colleagues as a non graduates seeing you are PhD holder in view? Can you present her to your family and defend her no matter what?

With your little Finance!!

4. A non graduates at 27 years and single mum. Doe she has a skill? Can you foot the bill to advance her skill to a meaningful venture, pay all the bills that comes as married man and fund your PhD program? (Thank God her son is with her family but there can be eventualities and will come to live with her mum. I will not rule him out).

Your answer to 3 & 4 will determine if you will settle with her or not.

Having a child out of wedlock is not longer in the equation. That purpose has been defeated religiously and morally. The only way you can bring that back into the equation is to abort the pregnancy.

My advice

She is a financial liability to you. If you know you can't cope with the financial pressure your mistake will lead you to, better her be another mistakes than fall into poverty at 40 and regret for the rest of your life.

Will the abortion be better off for two of you guys? (Less financial pressure and you accepting a non graduates/liability as wife and her son living with you someday). If yes, go ahead.

The girls future in question is in shambles and she sees you as escape route in the name of pregnancy. Hope it was not a mastered trick from her to pin you down with pregnancy?

lf she wants to keep the pregnancy, it's all fine but let her know you will cater for your baby and will not marry her. Everything must be spelt out plain and clear.

If you allow her black mail you emotionally, that's your cup of tea. She is an adult and should also bear the consequences of her action too.

There is no time for experimenting.
U get time to write this oo

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by rabiudon: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
You might not be the father of the unborn child sef. Ask me why? In a month you started dating, she gets pregnant. I mean, who does that. No courting or the sorts. Re-evaluate your options. I am not advising terminating the belle oo, but marriage is a no no. You’ll regret it. Accept responsibility for the baby if you wish to and move on. Don’t marry her because you don’t want to have a child outside wedlock. You don’t even know anything about her cos you guys just started dating a month ago. My two cents though. Peace

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her by Kobicove(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
AfroKnight:
Anyway, Congratulations bro.

If you need baby clothes and stuff, I can supply you wholesale. I hope she gives birth to triplets. cheesy

Wicked sombori grin
Re: Should I Marry Her by coming2america: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lewve her bros. Do not abort your child sha. At 37, you cannot do that. But be responsible for your child. Harsh life, harsh decisions
Re: Should I Marry Her by Iamagoodgirll: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
you won't like to marry a non graduate and a single mom, why did you ask her out

why didn't you use protection, abi condom don finish for market. you're old and capable of having a family, marry her
Re: Should I Marry Her by adexpa(m): 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Baba you bleeped up totally, there are many woman of your calibre out there that you can flow with but you decided to go with this one because you felt she will not put pressure on you like educated/exposed ladies.

I would have advice that you bear the consequences because you had enjoyed cool moments with her with less burden(she wasn't really demanding from you except for basic things which made you stick to her) but the long term effect is likely going to be terrible because you are likely going to cheat on her with women of your calibre by the time you finally arrived/balanced financially and that may lead to many things (divorce, emotional torture, sadness etc) which will not good for your repute in future.

Candid Advice
If she will agree to abort it, I think that will be better because your(both of you) happiness is important in future.
Look for your class and marry after all

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Lady Proposes To Her Boyfriend On His Birthday (video) / Please, Is This Normal? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.