Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? (535 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by tosin481: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
Why is your tithes and offerings not making you richer?

You have been taught that, the doorway to financial prosperity is giving.

A lot of teaching out there, links financial prosperity to tithes, offerings and other forms of sacrificial giving. Some even link your financial breakthrough to who you give to and where you give at.

And the worst part has to do with some questionable acts of extortion during altar calls that promises you financial breakthrough if you give certain amount.

But in all of these, my question is, why are people not getting richer?

Why do you need to give and give and continue giving to access financial prosperity?

If financial prosperity comes from giving, I believe, we should be having many super rich Christians, not just those barely getting along.

Before you tell me about some persons experience, I like you to ponder on all your giving and sincerely judge whether they met your expectations always. I don’t want you to answer this question with a religious mind, but that of sincerity.

You might think or make yourself believe that when you give, God can decide to pay you another way either by protecting you from evil. But that in itself is an insult on God. God will never need any form of atonement outside the blood of Jesus to do good to those that believe.
Read the full article... https://tosinadeola.org/blog/why-is-your-tithes-and-offerings-not-making-you-richer/

Or watch here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeqje71NQVk
Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by WiszyFraud: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Maybe because it's just a Looting avenue for the alter yahoo boyz grin
Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by KingZaddy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
Wealth is not by tithes and offering but by working...

Many give tithes and offering because they want something in return but world billionaires give to the poor with no intention of receiving, that is the reason they are growing bigger...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by OkCornel(m): 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Spirit led giving and cheerful giving is the standard for the new covenant.

Meanwhile...
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE... NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
So any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by tosin481: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
KingZaddy:
Wealth is not by tithes and offering but by working...

Many give tithes and offering because they want something in return but world billionaires give to the poor with no intention of receiving, that is the reason they are growing bigger...

I like your submission. Giving must come from our hearts in love for God and His people and not because we want money in return.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by Uyi168: 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
The only people that become rich at the end of the day are the tithe and seed collectors.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by efficiencie(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
@tosin481 mehn, tithe and offering was the catalyst to launch me into comfort and prosperity ohhh...I don't know about you ohhh but I will never stop investing in the business of Jesus Christ, the church!
Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by tosin481: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2021
efficiencie:
@tosin481 mehn, tithe and offering was the catalyst to launch me into comfort and prosperity ohhh...I don't know about you ohhh but I will never stop investing in the business of Jesus Christ, the church!
Bro.
If you go through the full article, you will realise am not saying giving is wrong.
But giving for the purpose of receiving is not biblical, it makes you a servant of money rather than God.
Jesus said, you can't serve God and mammon.
The reason God gives us His blessings is to enjoy and reach out to others in need towards expanding His kingdom.
For you to believe that tithes and offerings is what made you rich is to spite the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
If tithes and offerings is what made you comfortable, my question is what is the source of your healing, protection and salvation?
As Christians we should be wiser not to attribute prosperity to giving.
God releases His blessings upon to build His kingdom. But even if you refuse to use it for Him, that will not change His love for you. Take the case of the prodigal son for instance.
If you are a father, will you stop providing for your children because they refused to share their money with you? No you won't.
So is God not more righteous than us, He said "if you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give good gifts to them that ask Him.
Please let's grow up and learn How God relates with us in the new testament and not just copy and paste what the so called great men of God are proclaiming.
You will agree with me that many Christian that give tithes and offerings are the worst at what they do because they believe their giving will bring wealth miraculously.
That is why unbelievers who don't pay tithes but believe in diligent and smart work employ the tithe payers.
It's an aberration and I pray that God will help us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Your Tithes And Offerings Not Making You Richer? by efficiencie(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
tosin481:

Bro.
If you go through the full article, you will realise am not saying giving is wrong.
But giving for the purpose of receiving is not biblical, it makes you a servant of money rather than God.
Jesus said, you can't serve God and mammon.
The reason God gives us His blessings is to enjoy and reach out to others in need towards expanding His kingdom.
For you to believe that tithes and offerings is what made you rich is to spite the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
If tithes and offerings is what made you comfortable, my question is what is the source of your healing, protection and salvation?
As Christians we should be wiser not to attribute prosperity to giving.
God releases His blessings upon to build His kingdom. But even if you refuse to use it for Him, that will not change His love for you. Take the case of the prodigal son for instance.
If you are a father, will you stop providing for your children because they refused to share their money with you? No you won't.
So is God not more righteous than us, He said "if you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give good gifts to them that ask Him.
Please let's grow up and learn How God relates with us in the new testament and not just copy and paste what the so called great men of God are proclaiming.
You will agree with me that many Christian that give tithes and offerings are the worst at what they do because they believe their giving will bring wealth miraculously.
That is why unbelievers who don't pay tithes but believe in diligent and smart work employ the tithe payers.
It's an aberration and I pray that God will help us.

Why you sow does not have nothing to do with reaping. Morality and cause-effect are two different things. That you sow a paw-paw seed and reap a paw-paw tree has nothing to do with morality, it is cause-effect. It has nothing to do with how good or bad the sower is or his intentions for sowing. Those who reap do not reap because they sow with the intention of reaping. They reap because reaping is the supernaturally backed outcome of sowing. If you sow by mistake you must reap whether you like it or not. It is not up to you to reap it is up to the supernatural rules entrenched by God from the foundation of the world.

Even the occult practitioners of this world are aware of this principle and exploit it greatly. They understand that what you sow is what you reap and the quantity and quality of what you reap is related to the quantity and quality of what you sow.

Solomon sacrificed greatly before the LORD and the LORD appeared to him in his dream asking him to fill a blank cheque as it were (2 Chronicles 1:6-7).

The King of Moab sacrificed the heir to his throne, his own son, and indignation rose against the children of Israel despite the fact that their victory was already prophesied. (2 Kings 3:15-27)

The sons of this world are indeed wiser in their own ways than the children of the light.

Sowing and reaping has nothing to do with salvation and it has nothing to do with ones supernatural standing with God. It is just a rule. Just as gravity has nothing to do with your morality, destination or salvation. Sowing and reaping does not necessarily amount to serving mammon. If Jesus never wanted anyone to sow hoping to reap he wouldn't have told Peter the following verse:

Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Read that scripture, it says every one. I believe it amounts to shallow self righteousness to ask others to grow up just because they believe what you do not believe. Praise be to God, He is still in the business of revealing deep secrets to babes and hiding them from the wise and prudent (Matthew 11:25). God is still in the business of using the foolish things of this world to confound the Mr and Mrs know-all of this world (1 Corinthians 1:27).

(1) (Reply)

Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice! / . / Fixed Matches: Is Fixed Tips Arena & Alves Queros On Telegram Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.