Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman (1860 Views)

Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened / Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free / Ekiti 2018: FG Withholding Allocation To Favour Fayemi - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Racoon(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hon Karounwi Oladapo, a former Deputy Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly and incumbent Caretaker Zonal Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in South-West, speaks on rumoured presidential ambition of Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State ahead of 2023.

Why the clamour for Governor Kayode Fayemi to contest for the 2023 presidential election?

There is no sentiment about this because, when you look at my trajectory, my experience in Nigeria and years I have been occupying  political posts, I am no longer a baby or political novice. So when I am advocating for somebody, the larger interest of Nigerians should be something that is driving me. First and foremost, I have written severally that anybody above seventy years of age is not fit for Nigeria presidency anymore.

The current President, Muhammad Buhari, was voted into office because of the confidence Nigerians has in him due to his integrity built over the years but on account of age he is not there. He is too old to be President but the integrity that is working for him is still working for him; naturally Nigerians cannot tolerate another septuagenarian after President Buhari. I made this point even before the #EndSARS protests and when the protests came, one of their major points was that they could no longer live in a country that will be govern by anybody above even sixty years of age.

Our national leader, highly respected Senator Ahmed Tinubu, I love him because he has paid his due but the fact remains that by 2023 he will be above 70 years of age. I cannot in all good conscience support that even if my father or my mother is contesting for President and they are above 70 by 2023 I will not support them. Dr Kayode Fayemi that I am advocating for is 55 years of age, a senior youth within the bracket of the ‘sorosoke’ generation’s request, that is number one.

Number two, When you look at the presidential arrangement of Nigeria, whether by design or default or coincidence, If you look at it from 1999, you will see that we had Obasanjo, a Christian President by religion from the South.

After Obasanjo, power shifted to Yar’Adua, a Muslim from the North and power again shifted to a Christian Jonathan from the South before power again moved to Buhari, a northern Muslim. By reasoning, one would naturally want to deduce that the next President should be a Christian southerner.

Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a Muslim and that is No No. Muslims have not succeeded themselves by the analysis I made of the Nigerian history. Fayemi is a Christian from the South and the crown fits him.

But if I support Tinubu, some people will tell me that Nigeria is dominated by Christians and Muslims, and divided on the basis of North and South; on account of South, Tinubu is qualified but on religion a Muslim is spending eight years now, are you saying another Muslim will continue?

No, in fact the stability of Nigeria will be threatened.You cannot market a 70 year old and above in Nigeria for the presidency and expect it to sell. Fayemi on account of age is qualified and it is the turn of Christians. Thirdly I am an Ekiti person. When you look at the prominent positions occupied by South-West states at the national level over the years, it is only Ekiti that history has nothing to record for.

Ogun has produced the President, the Vice President, presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate, Oyo has produced leader of Senate, Lagos has the current Speaker of the House of Representatives, Osun produced the National Chairman of AD, AC, ACN and APC while Ondo produced the presidential candidate of AD/APP; it is only Ekiti State that is left behind and I must say that our state is not an appendage of any other state.

This time we are ready to make a mark. Even if Governor Kayode Fayemi is not contesting, I Karounwi Okadapo, will contest against whoever shows up in APC and even if I don’t win, it will be on record that an Ekiti man contested the presidential seat.

So you think the South-West people will support Fayemi…

Everything I told you is common sense; all that I have told you are facts and not sentiment. You will have to fault it before you will not buy into Kayode Fayemi presidential ambition. Yoruba are enlightened, well exposed and education has been on our advantage, let anybody who is supporting Bola Ahmed Tinubu come and engage me in a national debate, and let Nigerians listen. I am ready for debate anytime on this matter.

Why will Yoruba not support Fayemi? Even on account of capacity, integrity, strength of character, this is a young man who, for ten years, has been in public eye as governor, minister and now as governor, and he has never been invited or investigated by any anti-graft agency in the country.

He has never been indicted in any part of the world. This is a guy that at the age of 28 under the military regime, no one could talk any longer, the press had been muscled but he coordinated the establishment of Radio Kudirat that provided the voice for Nigerians to speak to the international community.

He is highly connected; he has a strong international network and development partners across the world. He has been tested with the chairmanship of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum.

Between you and me Nigerians will notice the glamour that has come into the Nigeria Governors Forum because he earned respect and love of all governors across party line.He has helped most of the governors to attract international development partners and he had shown them through peer review how to get international grants to drive development in their states.

Some people believe that Fayemi is only pretending to be interested in the presidency whereas what he is actually gunning for is vice presidential slot?

Well, that is just speculation, it is an assumption and every politician or every individual is entitled to his or her opinion. The fact is that Fayemi has not declared any interest to contest for anything. Those who are saying he is fighting for Vice President are only enjoying their right of opinion.

But Governor Fayemi will contest the presidential seat of this country, we will push him in the interest of Ekiti, Ekiti is not an appendage of any other state in the South-West. Since Ekiti has been supporting and following Awolowo, supporting Obasanjo, Bisi Akande and Bola Ahmed Tinubu, we haven’t had this kind of product and now that we have one in Fayemi, we will not allow the opportunity to elude us. Ekiti will push him, he will contest, he must contest!

How does Ekiti intend to achieve this?

If there is one individual in this country whose chance for the presidency is brightest it is Fayemi.

Don’t forget that a couple of weeks ago he was invited into the Arewa House. When I was in secondary school I was hearing of Kaduna Mafia and when I grew up I understand that the mafia is made up of political influencers.

And opinion molders of the North and this group of political and opinion molders gathered together and, before the whole world, one of the intellectuals from the North, Mallam El Rufai, said “we invited Fayemi here today to come and be a guest speaker, it is not by accident but the reason we invited him to be with us will be unfolded as things unfold and the Sardauna of Sokoto said Kayode Fayemi is our adopted son”.

Don’t you think that the clamour for Fayemi to run as president constitutes a distraction as governor of Ekiti?

He is not distracted at all, there will only be a distraction if he had declared to contest. I have watched him on national television and also during interviews where he emphasized that his primary assignment now is how to govern Ekiti as 2023 is still far. For those of us who are clamouring, we are enjoying our political right, as journalist you can investigate and see whether Fayemi has been engaging in any presidential electioneering that is detrimental to the state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/2023-the-odds-clearly-favour-fayemi-to-succeed-buhari-south-west-apc-spokesman/amp/

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by seunmsg(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
Eeyah! And I was thinking the cabals fighting Tinubu will hand over the APC ticket to Umahi or Kalu. Too bad Fayemi is their choice. Afonjas never learn grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Sctests: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hon Karounwi Oladapo a yorubaman from Ekiti marking his own papers and scoring himself. grin

Fayemi kor, sarunmi ni...

yoruba man and self-deceit. grin

If it's not going South East, it's staying North. That's sacrosanct!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by ObiOfOnistha: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ok
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Racoon(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
The contest is gonna be tough but Kayode Fayemi is really over rating himself.It is obvious the northern power clique are not interested in quitting giving the political temperature of the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Herdsmen: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Says an ekiti man .. under Fayemi payroll grin

He said everything he’s saying is common sense grin

Yoruba common sense...

Atimes as we have read ... even common sense is not common

Aregbe get 99% chance at presidency that fayemi .. even as Muslim

Fayemi ambition is a joke.. like saying SEYI TINUBU FOR PRESIDENT

NDI YORUBA SEF

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Racoon(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
No, in fact the stability of Nigeria will be threatened.You cannot market a 70 year old and above in Nigeria for the presidency and expect it to sell.
grin Political sophistication! Fingers crossed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Herdsmen: 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
Atimes one wonders why Yoruba always love to deceive themselves

This man knows too well that Fayemi can’t rule this country in 2023
Yet he the speak Yoruba common sense..

I really tire for this humans
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Macphenson: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2021
I said it. Tinubu is not even yet sure of winning south west, yet he is jumping up and down.

Trust me, if the cabal ever consider south west for presidency, Fayemi is their first option.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by seunmsg(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Herdsmen:
Says an ekiti man .. under Fayemi payroll grin

He said everything he’s saying is common sense grin

Yoruba common sense...

Atimes as we have read ... even common sense is not common

Aregbe get 99% chance at presidency that fayemi .. even as Muslim

Fayemi ambition is a joke.. like saying SEYI TINUBU FOR PRESIDENT

NDI YORUBA SEF

I’m sure you prefer to believe the illusion that Umahi will be handed the APC. So, if Umahi and his delusional supporters can dream of the presidency, why not Fayemi who even stands a far better chance?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Herdsmen: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
seunmsg:

I’m sure you prefer to believe the illusion that Umahi will be handed the APC. So, if Umahi and his delusional supporters can dream of the presidency, why not Fayemi who even stands a far better chance?

Umahi for Nigeria President grin that’s a huge joke.. will vote Fayemi over umahi.. anytime any day..
What experience does he have.. that one will answer yes sir to anything Hausa Fulani.. even na awusa goat.
Umahi want to break in to national scene and he’s going about it like a thug that just kissed a Ring.

There’re more credible men than umahi and Fayemi
Not even North will trust both with power .. talk more of south

1 Like

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by chozzy: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Wow ... good
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by festacman(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
In terms of potential candidates from South West, I will rather go for Prof. Yemi Osinbajo above Gov. Kayode Fayemi.

Osinbajo is a WORKER but Fayemi is a SCHEMER in the mould of Bukola Saraki. Nigeria needs a worker who would rise above self to drive things.

Osinbajo is a man of IDEAS but Fayemi is a man of POLITICKING. Nigeria needs ideas to solve its numerous problems.

Osinbajo through the platform of VP has build bridges across Nigeria and therefore is more popular than Fayemi whose influence is restricted to Ekiti State and at best in SW.

Give me the amiable but functional Osinbajo any time and any day. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by LegendHero(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lol, what kind of odds?

Bet9ja or 9japredict odd?

Even Fayemi himself cannot stake this kind of odd coz it’s sure loss.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
The way people worry about who succeed Buhari is laughable.

I remembered in one interview, Buhari was asked who will succeed him, the old man chuckled and said as a father to Nigerians he cannot tell anybody the name.

Meaning he already have someone in mind. All the permutations and noise cannot change the fact that a successor is already in place. Any opposition will be dealt with. Politicians sponsoring campaign here and there are just wasting their time.

About Tinubu, in the present Democratic arrangement, no Muslim has ever handed over to another Muslim or Christian has ever handed over to a Christian.

About Osinbajo, no president has ever handed over to a vice except on situation of death.

What do I know sef grin
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Gondonu: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Macphenson:
I said it. Tinubu is not even yet sure of winning south west, yet he is jumping up and down.Trust me, if the cabal ever consider south west for presidency, Fayemi is their first option.
Bullion van saga is waiting for him nah...

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Vistra40: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Herdsmen:

Umahi for Nigeria President grin that’s a huge joke.. will vote Fayemi over umahi.. anytime any day..
What experience does he have.. that one will answer yes sir to anything Hausa Fulani.. even na awusa goat.
Umahi want to break in to national scene and he’s going about it like a thug that just kissed a Ring.

So who’s the ideal candidate?
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Herdsmen: 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Vistra40:

So who’s the ideal candidate?

Restructuring..

...will bring out best of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Vistra40: 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Herdsmen:

Restructuring..

...will bring out best of Nigeria.

I agree with you entirely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
seunmsg:
Eeyah! And I was thinking the cabals fighting Tinubu will hand over the APC ticket to Umahi or Kalu. Too bad Fayemi is their choice. Afonjas never learn grin grin grin.
Why involve Igbos into yoruba family fight ?
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by IamAtikulate: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Our national leader, highly respected Senator Ahmed Tinubu, I love him because he has paid his due but the fact remains that by 2023 he will be above 70 years of age. I cannot in all good conscience support that even if my father or my mother is contesting for President and they are above 70 by 2023 I will not support them. Dr Kayode Fayemi that I am advocating for is 55 years of age, a senior youth within the bracket of the ‘sorosoke’ generation’s request, that is number one.
Yorubas will kee themselves by themselves. All we have to do is just WATCH.

UmahiZulum we move.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Herdsmen:

Fayemi us more experience than umiah that was PDP chairman , deputy governor, and governor and performed far better than fayemi

Una dey talk ooh
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
festacman:
In South West, I will rather go for Prof. Yemi Osinbajo above Gov. Kayode Fayemi.

Osinbajo is a WORKER but Fayemi is a SCHEMER in the mould of Bukola Saraki. Nigeria needs a worker who would rise above self to drive things.

Osinbajo is a man of IDEAS but Fayemi is a man of POLITICKING. Nigeria needs ideas to solve its numerous problems.

Osinbajo through the platform of VP has build bridges across Nigeria and therefore is more popular than Fayemi whose influence is restricted to Ekiti State and at best in SW.

Give me the amiable but functional Osinbajo any time and any day. Thank you.
What did osibanjo done as a VP ? Is it not this failure of a government he is ? My Yorubas brothers self ...no p 2023 we all go dey
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
How many faction does APC have in south west alone

N they are the ones to tell u how ununited Igbos are

Yorubas just generally project themselves on others
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by seunmsg(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
Igbochief001:

Why involve Igbos into yoruba family fight ?

Because it is not against Nairaland rules.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
seunmsg:

Because it is not against Nairaland rules.
Face your family problem ...how many APC faction do we have in Lagos self

Lamo
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by seunmsg(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Igbochief001:

Face your family problem ...how many APC faction do we have in Lagos self

Lamo

What are you doing on this thread to start with? This thread is about APC and the south west. Take your own advice and face your family problem in PDP and south east. grin wink

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by festacman(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Igbochief001:

What did osibanjo done as a VP ? Is it not this failure of a government he is ? My Yorubas brothers self ...no p 2023 we all go dey

What has the Deputy Governor of your State done?
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Herdsmen: 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
Igbochief001:

Fayemi us more experience than umiah that was PDP chairman , deputy governor, and governor and performed far better than fayemi

Una dey talk ooh

Umahi is a thuggish.. he’s new found friends is intoxicating him ... he goes about the ebonyi abakiliki thing like say he got beef for other igbos ..

Will choose the inexperienced Fayemi over an experience thug.
Re: 2023: Odds Clearly Favour Fayemi To Succeed Buhari— South West APC Spokesman by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Herdsmen:

Umahi is a thuggish.. he’s new found friends is intoxicating him ... he goes about the ebonyi abakiliki thing like say he got beef for other igbos ..

Will choose the inexperienced Fayemi over an experience thug.
Umiah an engineer well known ...who has performed well as Governor and u chose fayemi that has not done 10% of what umiah has done

Tribal sentiment is bad sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Stage Protest At London "Buhari Go Home" See How It Ended In Tears / Is Lagos State Richer Than Ghana? / Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Bars IPOB Members From Attending July 26 Court Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.