Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened (52639 Views)

Tinubu Has Intervened In Fubara, Wike Rift - PDP Govs Forum Chair, Mohammed / Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor / Enugu West People Buy Pdp Nomination Form For Ekweremadu,present It To Him(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Anyways: 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari, has again praised himself, saying that if he had not intervened in Lagos-Ibadan transport projects, “people would’ve been trekking from Lagos to Abuja”.

Buhari who on Tuesday said prioritizing infrastructure projects ameliorated hardship in some parts of the country, particularly the quick intervention on the Lagos-Ibadan route with completion of road and rail lines, which improved the traffic significantly.

“My objective was very clear, despite the dwindling resources, I wanted to deal with infrastructure across the country,’’ the President told a delegation from Kaduna State, led by the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli, and Kaduna State Deputy Governor, Hadiza Sabuwa Balaraba at the State House.

“We should look at advancement in terms of Infrastructure. No country can advance without infrastructure. There used to be railways, especially people from Southern Kaduna will remember this.

“Which country can really advance without road, rail and power, that’s why I wanted to sort out infrastructure, knowing that Nigerians are competitive by nature, and they will face their businesses when there’s road, rail and power,’’
he added.

The President said the challenge of commuting in the South West had been improved.

“The people from South West can tell better because between Lagos and Ibadan by now, if we hadn’t done what we did, people would have been trekking because the road was not there, the rail was not there and there was so much insecurity.

“But we thank the international community. We thank China and Chinese investors, who came along to support the Lagos-Ibadan transport projects,’’
he said.

A statement by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President, Media & Publicity, had Buhari saying that the construction and rehabilitation of infrastructure will be sustained.

The President commended the Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir el-Rufai, for the transformation of the state, with growing infrastructure and socio-economic projects, while noting the growing liberality, which welcomes all Nigerians.

“Please extend my gratitude to the Governor for doing so well. I have been living in Kaduna for many years before I came here, but now I will need a modern compass to go around because of the transformation,’’ he added

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/02/if-i-hadnt-intervened-people-wouldve-been-trekking-from-lagos-to-abuja-buhari/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by NwaNimo1(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2022

346 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by donbachi(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
because na trek u trek come do ur 2015 campaign for lagos.

667 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by tito44: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
Foolish lanky herdsman!

Always reasoning backwards

428 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by tito44: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
This clown of a president thinks everyone in this country is fulani that treks from north to south

516 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by PrinceOfLagos: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
This man talks anyhow

320 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by silverlinen(m): 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
Shey people been dey trek before?
This man just dey show how funalistic he is.

312 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by tito44: 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
This man talks anyhow

Nothing presidential in any of his talk. Too shallow and myopic

328 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by richiemcgold: 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
A real performer does not need to praise himself, the accolades will come naturally.

192 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by OfficialAwol(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
So what is the correlation between Lagos-Ibadan Rail line and trekking to Abuja?

Did you construct Lagos-Abuja rail line?

Or does it translate therefore that when people get to Ibadan from Lagos, they trek the remaining distance?

See the fool zombies are supporting.

So before the rail, were people trekking?

The places where the rail lines are not working yet, are those people trekking?

Buhari no just get sense. Just like his zombies and Tinubu urchins.

371 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by usecondom(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
70 years old man sad sad

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by History555: 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
So b4 2015 people were trekking from lagos to abuja. Is it even possible for human beings to treck that distance. Buhari na real dullard

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Mooh247: 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin

Unless I watch the video, I don't trust Nigeria News and their misleading headline

Tinubu: I'm ready for more dirt to be thrown at me in my quest for the presidency

Nigeria Media Terrorists: I'm ready to play dirty to get the presidency

Sahara reporters: I'm ready to fight in the dirt like a pig

These are people claiming to want a better society

44 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by doctokwus: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
Always manifesting his limited mental capacity and education made worse by his noted senility.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
The god of the Afonja's. cheesy

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by obaaderemi: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
This man has zero brain cells left.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by naija4life247: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Idiot.

He thinks that Southerners are like his Fulani brothers who walk with Cows from Sokoto to Oshogbo. Useless Almajaris born by the roadside by destitute parents.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by dasparrow: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Buhari is so full of himself. I can't wait for his administration to come to an end.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by greypencils: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ori e daru. Because we used to trek to Lagos before you came into power. Ode

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Abedabu: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Buhari is the worst catastrophic event of the millennium

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Kingpin1000: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lol..
The day Buhari leaves office. He will really cry because He will see the truth. He will know that all what He was told in office were lies

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Blacknote: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Truthisunique2: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin shey dem happy when he said 5%

Am happy he is dishing Yoruba their dose now and Na Amaechi projects he dey use taunt them

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by JeffSA: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Stupid man.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by EdidemLord(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Wahala
Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by JAWBONE(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin grin angry grin

South West Ponmo and Bole BMC be like :

Baba you are right. If not for you, we will still be living in mud houses. Sai Baba #IstandWithBuhari

Those mfers can eat Buhari's shit right now to protect Tinubu's presidential ambition.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Dukeolumidemans(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin grin grin tongue

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by DelTel(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin
Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by Torres0: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened by blamingthedevil: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
God Bless President Buhari
God Bless South West
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

The actual headline and what the President said

152 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida / Ibe Kachikwu's House In Abuja Is On Fire / President Buhari To Attend Victor Giadom's NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.