Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies (31525 Views)

Man Accuses Abuja Hospital Of Harvesting His 17-Year-Old Brother's Kidney (Vide) / Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by PeacenLove2: 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
matrix199:
I must admit that our nurses are one of the major problems devilling Nigerian healthcare system.

Many of them are stark illiterates, peasants in nursing gown.

My heartfelt condolence to the family.

There is too much wickedness in this country. How do we expect so much out of this wickedness? Very sad. May God console this family. She was lovely indeed. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by drsibz66(m): 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sorry for your loss. Really really sorry however we must hear both sides of the story before passing blame. In nigeria someone is always responsible for any death . If bird fly pass your roof and someone coincidentally dies or doesnt even sleep that night. .. the bird caused it..
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
How can a Nurse tell a mother who her child is sick she is disturbing them too much? How? angry shocked .
Some of our health care workers lack empathy they shouldn't be in the profession.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by drsibz66(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
Aksnoopy:
This your comment is so irrational, insensitive and stupid.

I am a medical practitioner and I can bet that you are just one of those stupid auxillary nurses.

Next time learn how to speak in a public forum you dingbat! undecided

I swear you are not. If you are you wont just take sides without hearing the full history . There are 5 phases to grievance if you are really a medic you will understand . Mind you im not justifying any poor or unprofessional practise.

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by ccollins(m): 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
drinoayo:
Couple Accuse Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies (Photos, Video)

A Nigerian man, Imbul Dooyum Kelvin, and his wife, Mimidoo Rufina, have cried out over alleged negligence at Gbaja Randle Mother and Child hospital in Surulere, Lagos, which led to the death of their two-month-old twin-daughter, Zoe, Igbere TV reports.

Imbul disclosed the unfortunate incident occurred on Friday, January 15, 2020, two days after they arrived the hospital.

According to him, “We woke-up on Wednesday morning and my wife said our baby wasn’t eating well again so we took her to the hospital, the doctor examined her and said she was ok but let us run a blood test to confirm if there was an infection.

Shortly after they took blood from her, my daughter cried for two-hours nonstop. We called the attention of the doctor and they rushed her to the ER and placed her on oxygen.

She was responding very well not until on Friday, the doctor came in and asked my wife to breastfeed her because she was stable for breastfeeding, after breastfeeding her, my baby started crying and my wife ran to the nurses to please come check our daughter but instead they sent her away, telling her she disturb too much.

My wife begged them with tears that please she’s not understanding her daughter but they neglected her, it was after the baby gave up that my wife started crying that they came to check her but by this time she was far gone already.”

Mourning the baby, Imbul wrote;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKJP-zGr7IF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwIPkW-PWfE
get a lawyer n go to court
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by lebete3000: 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
matrix199:
I must admit that our nurses are one of the major problems devilling Nigerian healthcare system.

She was prolly busy enjoying the night Doctor's kondo, when the hapless mother came disturbing undecided
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Leebeedo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
This is just too sad. Please, if you have the opportunity or means, run from that useless country called nigeria. I beg you in the name of God, please run.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by mayor1814: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
Some nurses, not all, can be so heartless. May God be with us all. Amen.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Oktane: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Focusmind:
Nigerian Nurses!! Different breeds of nurses.
God bless the nurses at Memorial Herman Hospital, Houston

Amen to your prayer.

One of the best medical facilities in the Bay area of Houston. Incidentally there are two Nigerian nurses working there but you can never tell....they are so professional.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by soliufiljannah(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Exactly what i was told about my twin sister. Kenny-less taiwo
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by zanshi: 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
This is to young Nigerian doctors and nurses that are rushing abroad because the system is bad and won't fix up your shitty attitude and the need to be empathic, if you go with that mentality abroad, your "MEDICAL LICENSE" would be withheld and you may be as a matter of fact barred from practicing.

All those unnecessary yelling and wasting customers precious time needs to be done away with.

We should also clamor for hospitals to digitise their health records, so that it can be accessible elsewhere by another doctor in another state.

So many lives have gone because people have to look for file patient file, wait for doctors and pay first before they can be attended to.

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Biemordue12(m): 12:06am On Jan 18, 2021
Baby Zoe, we’d miss you my little angel.. it’s so unfortunate dat we live in a country like this.. so sorry my brother
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by cooooooks(m): 1:04am On Jan 18, 2021
I am extremely lucky to have close family members and family friends in the medical field.

There were at least 2 major events within the first 20 days of my life that could have led to death if not for my dad's friend who was a consultant.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:06am On Jan 18, 2021
Too bad, Some of Nigerian nurses and doctors are terrible people
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Mhizsleeq4eva(f): 1:08am On Jan 18, 2021
I can't advice my enemy to go to that Gbaja Randle mother and child hospital. Same thing they did to me in march of 2020. I had a miscarriage, instead of them to do evacuation for me,they were pumping me with drips to avoid infection, while a dead foetus was still inside me,after spending days and money there they referred me to Luth. @ that time I had bled & vomited to weakness,we got to Luth,no bed space. My husband had to rush me to a private hospital @ Egbeda,that's where I finally had an evacuation (abortion) of the dead foetus. That Gbaja Randle mother and child clinic is not a good place. Tufiakwa.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 1:40am On Jan 18, 2021
habsydiamond:
Some of those nurses are just useless.... Human lives no get weight for their sight. Unlike the white, the value every living plus animals. But here the doctors and nurses don't care about anything.... Thats why I prefer advanced countries to naija when it comes to handling of health issues... They are always professional in advance nations unlike here everything is money first, even for emergency cases... Na talk talk those nurses on duty go dey talk like say dem no use hot cloth touch dem mouth for baby

Black people cannot build a republic or a civilisation.....
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 1:42am On Jan 18, 2021
zanshi:
This is to young Nigerian doctors and nurses that are rushing abroad because the system is bad and won't fix up your shitty attitude and the need to be empathic, if you go with that mentality abroad, your "MEDICAL LICENSE" would be withheld and you may be as a matter of fact barred from practicing.

All those unnecessary yelling and wasting customers precious time needs to be done away with.

We should also clamor for hospitals to digitise their health records, so that it can be accessible elsewhere by another doctor in another state.

So many lives have gone because people have to look for file patient file, wait for doctors and pay first before they can be attended to.

The Nigerian people are too lackadaisical to even run digital health records......Nigeria is too unserious and too casual for anything to work....

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 1:50am On Jan 18, 2021
Olufemiolaolu:
Too bad, Some of Nigerian nurses and doctors are terrible people

95% are. It's money first....
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 2:06am On Jan 18, 2021
Oktane:

Amen to your prayer.

One of the best medical facilities in the Bay area of Houston. Incidentally there are two Nigerian nurses working there but you can never tell....they are so professional.

It's because the leadership of the hospital isn't Nigerian....once the leadership is Nigerian + Nigerian nurses it bcomes messed up....or maybe they too keen chasing miney i.e. the nurses and that's why the only reason they are doing a great job.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Akalia(m): 4:51am On Jan 18, 2021
drinoayo:
Couple Accuse Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies (Photos, Video)

A Nigerian man, Imbul Dooyum Kelvin, and his wife, Mimidoo Rufina, have cried out over alleged negligence at Gbaja Randle Mother and Child hospital in Surulere, Lagos, which led to the death of their two-month-old twin-daughter, Zoe, Igbere TV reports.

Imbul disclosed the unfortunate incident occurred on Friday, January 15, 2020, two days after they arrived the hospital.

According to him, “We woke-up on Wednesday morning and my wife said our baby wasn’t eating well again so we took her to the hospital, the doctor examined her and said she was ok but let us run a blood test to confirm if there was an infection.

Shortly after they took blood from her, my daughter cried for two-hours nonstop. We called the attention of the doctor and they rushed her to the ER and placed her on oxygen.

She was responding very well not until on Friday, the doctor came in and asked my wife to breastfeed her because she was stable for breastfeeding, after breastfeeding her, my baby started crying and my wife ran to the nurses to please come check our daughter but instead they sent her away, telling her she disturb too much.

My wife begged them with tears that please she’s not understanding her daughter but they neglected her, it was after the baby gave up that my wife started crying that they came to check her but by this time she was far gone already.”

Mourning the baby, Imbul wrote;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKJP-zGr7IF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwIPkW-PWfE
Bones is that you bro. Chammy here. Sorry about your loss brother. God knows best.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:16am On Jan 18, 2021
OVB123:
The doctor and Nurses on duty should be arrested for negligence.
This country needs a total overhauling.
go and arrest the doctor sir. The nurse is suppose to inform de doctor but she didn't.
Babies cry everytime. If nurses attend to everytime a baby cry, the nurses wil burn out in one week. Crying doesn't kill babies. Something underlying killed her babe.
If a child is destined to live, even if she cry for 48, nothing wil happen to dat child
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Jaqenhghar: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2021
Romanoff:

Go to Trust Charitos in Abuja.

Some of you will just call people names anyhow online, you don't have a monopoly on name calling o.
What name did I call you? So I have to believe everything you put up shey
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:42am On Jan 18, 2021
This is terrible. Beautiful girl. The healthcare system is terrible
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by abimbola74(m): 6:15am On Jan 18, 2021
matrix199:

Aswear bruh , my friend lost his dad last week Thursday due to a nurse negligence. So painful aswear.
Drip commot from the old man hand and it was reported, she said” YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OOO TILL THE DOCTOR COMES BACK “
2. When her attention was needed when the old man was about giving up, she has gone to eat by then. Government hospital for that matter ooo
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Ikea81: 6:32am On Jan 18, 2021
So sorry about this. I have twin boys too and can't just understand this woman's pain. I will always recommend Lagoon hospital ikeja for child care.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by UncleKoboko: 6:34am On Jan 18, 2021
ukaface:
Another thread to bash nurses

I'm sha minding my business
Very stupîd comment.
Don't you have brains?
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by mysteryman2014: 6:35am On Jan 18, 2021
My sympathy to woman over the loss of her baby.

However the negligence displayed by the nurse as claimed by the woman is the bane of the society. Generally we place little or no value on human lives. Additionally we don't treat ourselves with respect and dignity.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by SirWarlock: 6:46am On Jan 18, 2021
tooth4tooth:
Most of the nurses in our general hospitals lack professional ethicsundecided Their negligence and the manner they yell at patients is second to none. The victims of their constant bully understand better. They act as if they are doing the job for free.

Our general hospitals need total overhauling. Most of those canker worms called nurses should be fired.
isn't it a private hospital?
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Romanoff(f): 6:48am On Jan 18, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

What name did I call you? So I have to believe everything you put up shey

I could also call you a liar.

Why I wan lie for you?

I be nurse abi I get hospital?

Just carry your wahala dey go.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by deebrain(m): 6:49am On Jan 18, 2021
Nurses in so many hospitals are terrible.

I can attest to that!
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by tooth4tooth: 6:51am On Jan 18, 2021
SirWarlock:
isn't it a private hospital?
Watch the video now
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Dagger111(m): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2021
That was how one nurse shouted at me during Urinary catheter b4 a surgery, i was screaming that the catheter wasn't going through. I heard one of them when she said "you never scream, if the thing pain you, you go talk the language we understand".
After the surgery, i called the doctor, make complaint and promise to write against his hospital and staff but he pleaded and ask the lady to come to my ward and apology, disciplinary action was also taken against her. Some of them are just terrible. Last last, it was a very experience nurse that came to my aid and inserted the urinary catheter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage / Swollen and Smelling Corpse Along University Of Uyo / 55-year-old Father Of Six Commits Suicide In Ibadan Over Economic Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.