Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies (31534 Views)

Man Accuses Abuja Hospital Of Harvesting His 17-Year-Old Brother's Kidney (Vide) / Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by NWANICHODE: 7:33am On Jan 18, 2021
[the problem is that we have just heard from one side. The hospital have their own side and they don't normally come on social media. All the same, take heart.uote author=Winneygirl post=98158434]Please sue the hospital.
Let us learn to take things up legally.
When hospitals start to pay for their mistakes, medical licenses get revoked due to malpractice or inappropriateness, hospitals will sit up, medical personnel will sit up.
Lives lost cannot be regained, but more lives can be saved by removing bad eggs making the hospitals pay for damages done.[/quote]
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by ukaface(f): 7:35am On Jan 18, 2021
Aksnoopy:
This your comment is so irrational, insensitive and stupid.

I am a medical practitioner and I can bet that you are just one of those stupid auxillary nurses.

Next time learn how to speak in a public forum you dingbat! undecided
sorry to burst your bubbles
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by ukaface(f): 7:36am On Jan 18, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Very stupîd comment.
Don't you have brains?
Abeg shift
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 8:05am On Jan 18, 2021
matrix199:
I must admit that our nurses are one of the major problems devilling Nigerian healthcare system.

Many of them are stark illiterates, peasants in nursing gown.

My heartfelt condolence to the family.
Stop patronising quacks. Nurses are well trained. The ones most of u meet are the illiterates doctors employ and train to become nurse Eliza. Always demand for the licence and certificate of any nurse attending to you
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2021
OMOJOHN001:
We have one of the most useless set of Nurse in the whole world. TUEEEEH

The funniest thing about them is that they have turned their profession gown into slaying gown. They move around hospitals doing nothing. they just want to show off to patients that they are nurse. TUEEEEH

I was at OAU teaching hospital last December to conduct an Interview for some of the Doctors there. MHEEN what I saw can't be reported on air, I have to pad and pad before I could broadcast the news.

The student nurses and mostly the female nurses.
They keep walking around the hospital and I was pushed to stop them. Immediately they say me with Microphone and Recorder kai. Things fall apart ooooo.
With this your English, you sure you want to interview or you went to sell groundnut?

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by habsydiamond(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2021
BigBashiru:

Black people cannot build a republic or a civilisation.....
if we are to look at it.... We can see that the best time of the development was in the 60s and before independence. After that things started to deminish...during the 60s oil wasn't our major product and there wasn't much problem, now see problems everywhere... Everytime is changing for the better ironically
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 8:12am On Jan 18, 2021
Aksnoopy:
This your comment is so irrational, insensitive and stupid.

I am a medical practitioner and I can bet that you are just one of those stupid auxillary nurses.

Next time learn how to speak in a public forum you dingbat! undecided
A microbiologist claiming med practitioner.

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 8:18am On Jan 18, 2021
abimbola74:

Aswear bruh , my friend lost his dad last week Thursday due to a nurse negligence. So painful aswear.
Drip commot from the old man hand and it was reported, she said” YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OOO TILL THE DOCTOR COMES BACK “
2. When her attention was needed when the old man was about giving up, she has gone to eat by then. Government hospital for that matter ooo
Nigerian nurses are not allowed to fix drip, not like she could not do it. If she did it, she could be sacked.
If u people understand hospital policies, u would know its not the fault of these people.
The problem is, the healthcare system is decayed. Not enough personnel, not enough equipment.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 8:20am On Jan 18, 2021
Dagger111:
That was how one nurse shouted at me during Urinary catheter b4 a surgery, i was screaming that the catheter wasn't going through. I heard one of them when she said "you never scream, if the thing pain you, you go talk the language we understand".
After the surgery, i called the doctor, make complaint and promise to write against his hospital and staff but he pleaded and ask the lady to come to my ward and apology, disciplinary action was also taken against her. Some of them are just terrible. Last last, it was a very experience nurse that came to my aid and inserted the urinary catheter.
Many of these hospitals use quacks. If you go to any private hospital, chances that a quack nurse is attending to u is 85%
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by UncleKoboko: 8:45am On Jan 18, 2021
ukaface:
Abeg shift
As you no want get sense, what comes around, goes around...
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by ikennamadu1(m): 9:01am On Jan 18, 2021
ukaface:
Another thread to bash nurses
I'm sha minding my business
just imagine...are you human or animal.. tufiakwa
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Jessepaid(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2021
Shit... Well..

Nigeria literally sucks the life and energy outta peeps...

Regulatory bodies keep on failing because they accept bribes and allow the production and consumption of substandard products and services...

Standardization is one of our biggest problems in this country...

I know someone whose mum was given an expired intravenous drip...

When he found out and was about to start ranting, his hospital bill was reduced..

That ended that chapter..

Most toothpastes sold here contain so much floride... You see that white shit coming out your mouth after brushing..

What about diesel and fuel...

Why is black diesel still being sold if standardization was efficient enough...

Nigeria is just....ehn.. unbelievable...
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Freedomfsl: 9:53am On Jan 18, 2021
One idiot in travel section will tell us Nigeria is heaven on earth as long as you have money. Animals in developed countries have a better chance of living a better life than the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2021
habsydiamond:
if we are to look at it.... We can see that the best time of the development was in the 60s and before independence. After that things started to deminish...during the 60s oil wasn't our major product and there wasn't much problem, now see problems everywhere... Everytime is changing for the better ironically

Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and early 80s there was a Governors Cup where all the secondary schools in a state will compete in sports to win a Governors cup/ medals, blood donations were encouraged and healthcare was solid, the institutions were strong. Once Nigerians took control in 1960 it's been steady decline between then and now...
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

Many of these hospitals use quacks. If you go to any private hospital, chances that a quack nurse is attending to u is 85%

Some of it is quackery, the other of it is just laziness.... you come to work your normal routine is set the oxygen but you leave it and start chatting on WhatsApp - wen a patient in emergency comes that needs oxygen that's when you start trying to fill the oxygen that you should have done before 8:30am
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

Nigerian nurses are not allowed to fix drip, not like she could not do it. If she did it, she could be sacked.
If u people understand hospital policies, u would know its not the fault of these people.
The problem is, the healthcare system is decayed. Not enough personnel, not enough equipment.

What you have typed up here is utter nonsense. At the heart of all these "policies" is responsibiliy shifting and laziness. It's even more worrying that someone like you is supporting such. Administration of drip is a matter of training. The nurses should have been trained in drip administration. Also the response of the nurse in the case is unprofessional "you are on your own until doctor comes back".
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Aksnoopy: 11:01am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

A microbiologist claiming med practitioner.
Lmao! That's what you are. grin grin
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Aksnoopy: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2021
[s]
drsibz66:

I swear you are not. If you are you wont just take sides without hearing the full history . There are 5 phases to grievance if you are really a medic you will understand . Mind you im not justifying any poor or unprofessional practise.
[/s] This is too dumb!
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Amorprincesa24: 11:08am On Jan 18, 2021
Maybe the pollution in the environment is now so high that it affects the lungs.
juman:
I notice oxygen is used on patients frequently nowadays.
This is new thing.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Winneygirl(f): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2021
captainamiedi1:

Funny enough the judicial system is a failure. It might take you 10 years to get justice that's if you have money. Knowing that will not bring back the dead, many people just live the matter to God the entire system is dead. Even the human right lawyers are waste.

But leaving the matter to God is how we got here.
It is how the nobody pays for negligence. It is why the system is is dead.
We need to demand accountability. Hold them accountable for their mistakes. Expose the rot in the system.
We need to start. Even if it takes 10 years.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by captainamiedi1: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2021
Winneygirl:

But leaving the matter to God is how we got here.
It is how the nobody pays for negligence. It is why the system is is dead.
We need to demand accountability. Hold them accountable for their mistakes. Expose the rot in the system.
We need to start. Even if it takes 10 years.

Madam what has the endsars protest yield??
Is the entire citizens ready to fight these fight?

My mama will always advice not to fight an already defeated battle
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 11:52am On Jan 18, 2021
BigBashiru:

What you have typed up here is utter nonsense. At the heart of all these "policies" is responsibiliy shifting and laziness. It's even more worrying that someone like you is supporting such. Administration of drip is a matter of training. The nurses should have been trained in drip administration. Also the response of the nurse in the case is unprofessional "you are on your own until doctor comes back".
Ur very silly! Go transfer your anger to ur dog.
Doing what you are not legalised to do is quackery and punishable!! That's the law. Evry nurse can do that but they always get punished! It's a superiorty battle and OYO means, I can't help you and get punished later.
Her manner of approach could have been better but you should blame the admin who gave the silly laws not the innocent nurse trying to protect her job.
The only point you have is the
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

Ur very silly! Go transfer your anger to ur dog.
Doing what you are not legalised to do is quackery and punishable!! That's the law. Evry nurse can do that but they always get punished! It's a superiorty battle and OYO means, I can't help you and get punished later.
Her manner of approach could have been better but you should blame the admin who gave the silly laws not the innocent nurse trying to protect her job.
The only point you have is the

I used to think there was some hope for Africa but with these kinds of responses, I think so NOT.

In the UK us and Canada nurses administer drips. These are countries your leaders run to at the slightest head ache. Just hide your head in shame.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2021
BigBashiru:

Some of it is quackery, the other of it is just laziness.... you come to work your normal routine is set the oxygen but you leave it and start chatting on WhatsApp - wen a patient in emergency comes that needs oxygen that's when you start trying to fill the oxygen that you should have done before 8:30am
Ur too proud of ur ignorance.
Quacks here mean secondary school drop outs who are trained by the greedy doctors so dey can be paying them peanut. They leave out those who attended accredited schools of nursing and university and employ quacks. You people meet with quacks and get horrible experiences only to come blast the original registered ones!
Ur private hospitals are employing quacks to kill u, instead of u to attack them, u attack the innocent profession.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
BigBashiru:

I used to think there was some hope for Africa but with these kinds of responses, I think so NOT.

In the UK us and Canada nurses administer drips. These are countries your leaders run to at the slightest head ache. Just hide your head in shame.
Are u so dumb
Are you not confirming what I initially said that the health care in Nigeria is in shambles cos of those stupid laws?? Nurses do all those abroad but Nigerian laws made by the doctors denied nurses from doing all those. Blame the system and not the nurses!!! That's what I'm saying you dumb head!
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BigBashiru: 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

You don't know how to argue, you aren't emotionally matured! Critical thinking too, u don't have.
Laws are laws. Homosexuality allowed in Canada doesn't mean u can practise such in Nigeria! You have problem with that, u blame the law not innocent people.
Nurses are trained to do that but Nigerian doctors don't want them to do it cos they want to do the work of doctor, nurses, pharmacist, med lab all at once, it's a superiority battle!!
You blame the ones making the laws not the ones trying to stick to the laws to avoid being penalised!

It's not a law. Cite the law and the relevant section let's all see. Which Act?

The fact blacks are passing such laws in their countries and that the nurses even without the laws are still lazy. Says a lot.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Roxanneroxanne: 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
Aguogba:

If this happens to anyone in the west, the damages they'll pay will completely shut them down. Do you know what it means that you paged nurses' center and nobody came to your ward/room in 2-3 minutes? Simply not possible

Yes oo
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by OMOJOHN001: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

With this your English, you sure you want to interview or you went to sell groundnut?

You guys always crave for attention, What happened to my English Mr man, are you to blind to see typographical error.

I don't have much time to write epistles on naira land if you find it difficult to comprehend whatever I pen down here, then go and fxck yourself. TUEEEH
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by OMOJOHN001: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

You guys always crave for attention, What happened to my English Mr man, are you blind to see typographical error.

I don't have much time to write epistles on naira land if you find it difficult to comprehend whatever I pen down here, then go and fxck yourself. TUEEEH
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by yunqdady: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage / Swollen and Smelling Corpse Along University Of Uyo / OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.