Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections (9573 Views)

Election Campaigns: INEC Lists Guidelines For Conduct Of Rallies / INEC Lists Benefits Of Proposed National Electoral Offences Commission / Obaseki Presents Disputed Certificates As INEC Lists 14 For Edo Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by sunnybobonwa: 5:47am On Jan 18, 2021
INEC Lists Hurdles to Anambra, 2023 Elections

Ahead of the governorship election, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has identified five critical areas of concern and challenges likely to confront the commission in the conduct of the elections.

According to the INEC National Commissioner in charge of Voter Education and Publicity, Mr. Festus Okoye, these areas of concern include, expanding voter access to Polling Units in the context of a growing population and the growth of new settlements across the country; and validation of the Voters roll and Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) in the shadow of the COVID- 19 pandemic.

Others are repeal and re-enactment of a new Electoral Act that would guarantee the conduct of free, fair, transparent elections; deepening technology in the electoral process and rolling out Electoral Voting Machines for the Anambra State Governorship election.

Okoye said that equally of great concern to the commission is how to increase voter turnout in future elections and how to effectively manage electoral success recorded in the last two off -season elections in Edo and Ondo states.

Okoye spoke Saturday in Leggings, Nasarawa State at the close of a five-day Workshop for Review of INEC Voter Education Manual .

INEC Voter Education Manual is being reviewed by the Department of Voter Education and Publicity (VEP) with the aim of identifying and including best methods of designing voter education messages to increase citizens participation in the electoral process.

The is supported by the Westminster Foundation for Democracy.

Okoye said for the commission to achieve the concerns enumerated above, the department (VEP) must design new, creative and innovate messages that would address the electoral concerns and challenges of the youth and students population.

He reminded VEP Staff that in designing voter education messages they must be able to compete effectively on the social media and “our narratives and messages must be clear, concise and believable.”

Okoye said while designing voter education messages, “INEC must take on board societal changes and dynamics” and urged the participants to design new methodologies of delivering Civic and Voter Education in the context of a pandemic.

He informed participants that the commission has resolved to sustain the momentum of the successes recorded in the Edo and Ondo governorship elections and also increase voter turnout in elections through the provision of access to the Polling Units.

Realising the fact that the commission cannot succeed alone in the task of conducting successful elections, the commissioner said, “we must build multi-sector coalitions for the sustenance of the electoral process and consolidation of democracy.”

On the issue of voter register, Okoye said that the commission is determined to clean up the voters’ register and register all those that are eligible and constitutionally qualified to be registered.

The commissioner commended the department for its robust voter education and publicity activities in the past years which led to the successes recorded by the commission, adding that, “without VEP, we would not have achieved the new face of INEC.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/01/18/inec-lists-hurdles-to-anambra-2023-elections/amp/

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by realstars: 5:51am On Jan 18, 2021
All Eyes On Them.

1 Like

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by aycorporat(m): 5:55am On Jan 18, 2021
Voters education
Expanding the populace of voters in the nearest future

These are the usual jargons INEC speak at every close of elections.
At the end of the day, babies will vote in some part of the country and the results will still be the same status quo.

INEC, the only government agency that has polling booths all over the country even without governmental developments getting to most of these wards

5 Likes

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by FalseProphet1(m): 5:57am On Jan 18, 2021
I see a startup party outside APC and PDP winning the governorship election in Anambra, I see the results seriously challenged in court, I see many uncertainties, I see power going to the new party, I see APC trying to revisit the verdict after 14 months, I see them in court, I see them loose the case. This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Obijulius: 5:57am On Jan 18, 2021
On the issue of voter register, Okoye said that the commission is determined to clean up the voters’ register and register all those that are eligible and constitutionally qualified to be registered.

Typical INEC Template

Southern Elections:
Voter’s Card, Voter Register, NIN, PVC, BVN, Driver’s License, etc

Northern Elections:
Anything goes (babies, underaged, cows, palm fruit, citizens of Niger and Chad, etc)

Example:
https://www.nairaland.com/6368690/outrage-children-vote-kano-lg

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Stanweezy(m): 5:58am On Jan 18, 2021
2021 or 2023, the title get one leg

1 Like

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by helinues: 5:58am On Jan 18, 2021
sad
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by elmessiahs(m): 6:01am On Jan 18, 2021
another hopeless institution

1 Like

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by ATEAMS: 6:02am On Jan 18, 2021
Game on
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by ayenale1(m): 6:02am On Jan 18, 2021
Inec should create a app for easy registration...
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Childrentablets(f): 6:02am On Jan 18, 2021
cool
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Lexusgs430: 6:07am On Jan 18, 2021
This voting in covid era........ Why can't INEC leverage on technology........ grin
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:07am On Jan 18, 2021
INEC want to tell us another story again.....
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Mexyz(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Pheew... So it's been 4yrs already that we(Corp members) were selected from Enugu to go help out in the last Anambra governorship elections....

The people of Njikoka really gave me and my team a wonderful and sweet experience...

Ndi Anambrians, I wish you guys a violence free elections

2 Likes

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Whykidstarboy(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2021
elmessiahs:
another hopeless institution
God save us everything is messed up
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by NaijaFutbol: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Enugupikin: 6:23am On Jan 18, 2021
What's the date of the election sef
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by KnerOne: 6:25am On Jan 18, 2021
Nawa

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by JslopyPro: 6:25am On Jan 18, 2021
It is well
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Mopolchi: 6:27am On Jan 18, 2021
We need to flush out ndi nAPuGA.
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Nameweb5(m): 6:30am On Jan 18, 2021
Let us design a Professional Website Or Blog For You At A Discounted Rate
Are you looking for a very good modern and professional website designer?

We are very good . We handle the following type of websites;
School website
Business website
eCommerce website with online payment modules,
Classified ads,
Hotel website with booking system,
blogs,
Job search website
and many more
Call or Whatsapp with 0 70 1 5 4 3 35 0 2
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by whela(m): 6:32am On Jan 18, 2021
undecided

Same old stories.
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 18, 2021
THIS DEMOCRACY BUSINESS SUPPOSED STOP BEFORE TURNED TO BE WAR
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Hafnar: 6:36am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by 4tomandchi: 6:36am On Jan 18, 2021
I'm sure there won't be a problems in Zamfara and Borno.
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by BrightCoool: 6:37am On Jan 18, 2021
Ok
Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Dont worry about Anambra... the Underdog would most likely win..

The louder you are, the less Igbos consider you for elective positions.

1 Like

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 6:41am On Jan 18, 2021
God Bless INEC.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
I just hope that with this new Electoral Voting Machines, it would make the results of Polling Units, Wards Collated Results, LGAs Collated Results, States Collated Results, Final Collated Results to be easily and readily available on the INEC’s Online Virtual Results Portal.
But then, I keep asking the same questions as always:
Why is it that INEC are only interested in the Electoral Voting Machines, which has to do with only Electronic-Voting alone?
With what the INEC is currently planning, After the elections at the Polling-units, the various Electoral Officers would carry the various Voting Machines in supposedly security-guarded vehicles, to where they would be manually accessed and manually collated.
This is very wrong.!!
Since the votes are done electronically, it is best practice for the votes to also be transmitted electronically - and simultaneously - to All the respective and appropriate Wards Electoral Collation Machines, the LGAs Electoral Collation Machines, the States Electoral Collation Machines, and so on.

INEC did Not mention anything about Electronic-Collation in all the things they enumerated, neither did they mention Electronic-Transmission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Lists Hurdles To Anambra, 2023 Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 6:42am On Jan 18, 2021
But I Posted this news first though..
Straight From The INEC News Website.
#BiasedMods..#
https://www.nairaland.com/6367542/anambra-governorship-election-inec-identifies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello's Chief Of Staff, Asuku Trains Youths, Empowers New Graduates / Shehu Sani: Why I Should Be Re-elected Kaduna Central Senator / Senate Passes 2020 Finance Bill For First, Second Readings Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.