Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers (13140 Views)

Senators Express Shock As Petroleum Ministry Spends N₦16m On Pens, Others / Senate Kicks As Buhari Submits NDDC’s Budget / Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by adenigga(m): 7:26am On Jan 18, 2021
The Senate Public Account Committee has described as unacceptable the payment of N98.4m by the Petroleum Resources Ministry for the printing of leaflets.

The flyers, according to the 2015 Auditor-General for the Federation’s report, was meant to create awareness campaign for the Petroleum Industrial Bill.

The report, currently being scrutinised by the National Assembly, also stated that the fund was released without due process.

The Chairman of the Senate panel, Senator Matthew Urhoghide, also faulted the payment of N39m was into the accounts of two persons for the purpose of monitoring the ministry’s project within the Federal Capital Territory.

The AuGF query on the matter read in part, “Contrary to the procurement process, an entry in the cash book for the sum of N98.4m was made in favour of a company for printing of leaflets for awareness campaign programme for the Petroleum Industry Bill.

“There was no formal award of contract and it was also observed that the approval for the payment was via memo presented by the Director (Press) to the Ministerial Tender Board meeting of 9th and 11th October, 2013.

“The permanent secretary had been requested to take procedural disciplinary measures against the erring officers in line with provisions of extant regulation.”

However, the ministry in its written response to the query explained that massive publicity needed to be created, hence the awareness campaign programme.

The response read, “Adequate publicity was made: M/S Dangrace and Partners Limited were selected based on proven capabilities and competence.

“It should be stated that veritable costing proposals were submitted and approved before the authorisation for the award and production of Petroleum Industry Bill leaflets.

“The (Media) Department complied with necessary rule and procedure.”

Also, the AuGF in another query, faulted the payment of N39.7m into the bank accounts of two officers for the purpose of monitoring the ministry’s projects located within Abuja.

The query said contrary to the e-payment policy of the Federal Government, the total sum of N39.7m was paid to 178 staff of the ministry for project monitoring and evaluation in 2014.

Not satisfied with the ministry’s explanation, the Senate panel directed the officers involved to return the money to the federation account.
https://m.punchng.com/Finance/Senate-kicks-as-petroleum-ministry-spends-N98.4m-on-flyers

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Racoon(m): 7:28am On Jan 18, 2021
A stealing rubberstamp senate kicking against the corruption of Buhari's petroleum ministry? This country not balance @ all.

34 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by FalseProphet1(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2021
I see clearly that the reason why the Senate is kicking like a foetus in the womb is because they weren't given their own share of the money. I see the petroleum ministry and the Senate reaching an agreement privately on how much to give the latter. I see this matter dying off once an agreement is reached without further investigations. This I have seen.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by LoudLord(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2021
cool

As long as me dey see money takia of myself +my family
News like this no dey bother me @all

#ProtectYourPeace

8 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2021
This is not the CHANGE we voted for.

A better Nigeria is all we want.

No more business as usual.

Slow and steady we will get to a country of our dreams.

God bless Nigeria.

The Federal Government said efforts have been made to deliver electricity to about 25m Nigerians whose communities are off the grid.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
Back in the days... There was this advert on radio stations all over.."make una call police O,make una call police..we no want armurobber anywhere call police E O" How did I know the song? The radio. They made sure it was played everywhere from morning till night. Shebi na them give licence? Make a jingle about it,Ask stations to play it or risk losing licence.Or make them reduce price. But no.... Every opportunity na to tiff money.

When them dey share people go country for heaven either I go corner go smoke or the angel we assign me to naija dey beef me. I no understand this country oloun

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by snoopanddre(m): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
D Baddest administration in modern times. It is all a question of time, nothing lasts forever

8 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
Racoon:
A stealing rubberstamp senate kicking against the corruption of Buhari's petroleum ministry? This country not balance @ all.
Why is everything 24/7 just negative about you racoon?
If you see someone doing a good thing for once, commend them, if they fvck up, condemn them.

But you and your ilks are only negative 24/7 and 365 days in a year.
You wake up in hate and anger and live throughout the day the same way!
When do you find time to be happy, smile with family members, have fun, make love and kiss kiss kiss sometimes, just as normal human beings do!

Cc Omenka cheesy

This is the huge difference between pdp wailers and some sane Nigerians that refused to vote for either APC and PDP, but chose to vote for the likes of Kingsley, Hashim, Omoyele, Fela and Madam Oby before she reversed.
Those ones want a good Nigerian. Not PDP urchins that are pained that no more corrup money for them anymore.
Na wa o racoon.

#PointsPassedAcross

airsaylongcome:

I'm surprised that you didn't see that this was an audit for a 2013 expenditure.

“There was no formal award of contract and it was also observed that the approval for the payment was via memo presented by the Director (Press) to the Ministerial Tender Board meeting of 9th and 11th October, 2013.
May it never be well with the supporters of looting, frauds and criminals in this nation.
What will befall the criminals they support will never escape them.
For the blind fools shouting Buhari Buhari, shame on y'all!
They call him different names, but non of their fathers can ever call him a thief!

We Rise!

Ustec:

Bros, it happened in 2013...Read before you comment...Do proper findings before react.
Buhari will never spend what he is not entitled to as the President and as minister of petroleum.
The issue of December period petrol scarcity has been temporarily solved. We all know it will return immediately he leaves office.
You even have time to reply his mention of us.
You can see how we ignored the attention seeking tin.
If their wailing leader racoon can't read to comprehend, na him followers go come fit read?
Shameless supporters of looters everywhere.

peculiar2233:

U want ur darling dad jailed?
I hope ur eyes will be cleared now that ur darling dad is a criminal
No need to reply a kid that cannot read and understand.
Replying you further will be a waste of time.
Stop disgracing yourself online kiddo.
What a shame.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
grin grin
Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by BigBelleControl(m): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
They kicked because they were not given kickbacks. All of them are the same. The senate has no balls to probe a ministry headed by the president.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by SmartPolician: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
They should keep stealing and wasting Nigeria's hard-earned money because they are privileged to serve in the government.

Our generation is complaining that those the British left Nigeria to manage wrecked the country, and it keeps getting worse with each passing day.

I just pity the next generation because they will have to deal with a Nigeria with valueless crude oil.

On the bright side, many states now have Yahoo-yahoo schools (at least the EFCC once sealed off one in Lagos). I guess most of those who will come after us will be professional fraudsters and runz babes. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
"

6 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by micki1: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
This is Nigeria!
Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by sod09(m): 7:31am On Jan 18, 2021
This country is possessed with greedy and stupid people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Seyi8750: 7:31am On Jan 18, 2021
98 million on flyers. We are talking about oil money. Million always looks like thousand to them. grin
Everybody just dey steal in this country while I'm waiting for my time to steal from the national cake.
We are all hoodlums.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Djyucee1(m): 7:32am On Jan 18, 2021
How ll Nigeria ever get better like this?? Yet our government ll shout no money no money but yet they are very wasteful.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Pearlyakin(m): 7:33am On Jan 18, 2021
Nothing will be done about it
Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Omonete: 7:34am On Jan 18, 2021
This country has finish 98.4 million to print only flyer chai this country is finish ooooooo

5 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Isokoson1: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2021
Wen buhari be petroleum minister, him thief money ..now him be president him minister dey thief money... Buhari pls do come and be going.. U have wrecked naija enough

5 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by RealLordZeus(m): 7:35am On Jan 18, 2021
The matter self don tire Buhari, anyhow he must sha collect blame.

All the ppl above, make una go collect una sch fees back ooo coz its kinda useless

Before i forget, this doesn't exonerate the present admin, they stink also
post=98176006:

If this is found out to be true: Jail them NOW!

No more business as usual.
Et tu!

1 Like

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Pochettino(f): 7:35am On Jan 18, 2021
post=98176006:

[s]If this is found out to be true: Jail them NOW!

No more business as usual.[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by psucc(m): 7:36am On Jan 18, 2021
Who will bell the cat?

All of them na thief
Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by ibkayee(f): 7:36am On Jan 18, 2021
What makes the lies even worse is that they don't even rate Nigerians enough to bother being creative/realistic lool
Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by samwheel(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2021
shocked
Nawah o, dis country fit make person sick.
Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by jericco1(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2021
If a certain ministry can spend over a 100m on pen, then this one is just a counteraction of that one.

Lol this country na die grin

Very soon they'll be budgeting billions on the air they breath. grin

5 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Yanix84: 7:38am On Jan 18, 2021
Racoon:
it took place in 2013. Buhari was sworn in 2015 oga.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by Racoon(m): 7:39am On Jan 18, 2021
post=98176006:
If this is found out to be true: Jail them NOW!This is not the CHANGE we voted for.A better Nigeria is all we want.No more business as usual.
Remember your darling daddy is in charge of petroleum ministry.Dont tell us he is unaware, shocked or surprised as usual.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by adenigga(m): 7:39am On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Back in the days... There was this advert on radio stations all over.."make una call police O,make una call police..we no want armurobber anywhere call police E O" How did I know the song? The radio. They made sure it was played everywhere from morning till night. Shebi na them give licence? Make a jingle about it,Ask stations to play it or risk losing licence.Or make them reduce price. But no.... Every opportunity na to tiff money.

When them dey share people go country for heaven either I go corner go smoke or the angel we assign me to naija dey beef me. I no understand this country oloun

....!!!!

Re: Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers by blinking001(m): 7:40am On Jan 18, 2021
They are angry because they aren't the ones doing the spending....this guys are all thesame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Lekki Massacre Report Incomplete Without Obigbo Genocide Report" - IPOB. / Farooq Kperogi: 'FFK, Pantami’s Friend in Fraud, In EFCC Net Over Fraud' / Bandits Set Security Base Ablaze In Niger State, Impound Military Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.