Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi (3825 Views)

Tourism: Forget Dubai,london; Visit Yankari — Bauchi Gov / Onila Wild Life Naija Blog! Yankari Game Reserve Elephant! / Contact Details For Okomu Game Reserve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by azorjiu(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2007
just saw this site. i'm wondering if it's real.

http://www.yankarigamereserve.com/home.htm

have you been to yankari game reserve recently? how is the place now? i was their in 1999 and it wasn't in good shape. any planes to re-structure the place?
Re: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by iice(f): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2007
Wow looks nothing like when i used to go there back in the 90s. It was a disaster but the spring itself was beautiful. Spent alot of time there grin. Accommodation was terrible back then. Those huts with toilets that need some serious plumbing. It was beautiful even then, just that the amenities were just not desirable undecided The safari, well ehhh yeah the place really looked like the sahel savana that it is, lotsa dried shrubs and you aren't always so lucky to spot the animals you want to see angry

If it looks that this now, am definitely going to make a stop there when i go home grin

Oh and from the looks of those pics, they look more like what they wished Yankari to look like not some real pictures. Maybe they are plans of what they hope to accomplish if they renovate/restructure the place
Re: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by DYTSONIC: 10:26am On Oct 21, 2010
hi and good day, do you know if yankari game reserve is habitable now? what are new developments and how good are their services?
Re: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by UKman37(m): 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2010
what is this load of rubbish that you people are talking about, that website only has links to other websites

what a waste of time?
Re: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by zaza1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
what is this load of rubbish that you people are talking about, that website only has links to other websites

what a waste of time? angry angry angry grin

my thoughts exactly
Re: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by GideonG(m): 1:21am On Oct 31, 2010
Yankari is in a very good condition right now, the State government has pumped billions in it
the chalets are tight, the spring and everything about yankari is freaking damn new right now

I grew up in Bauchi, attend nur/pri secondary and university all in Bauchi state.

I know yankari very well.
Re: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi by tete(f): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
So i heard @Gideon G. Do you know how much it costs right now to spend time there? I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. I'm planning on visiting there sometime in April. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Quick Visa To Cyprus / Indefinte Ban From Germany / Nigerians In Abu Dhabi - Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.