Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Indefinte Ban From Germany - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Indefinte Ban From Germany (3833 Views)

Nigerian Students Abroad Protest The Ban On The Use Of Naira ATM Cards. / I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria / Are Here Any Nigerians From Germany? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indefinte Ban From Germany by jorel1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2010
Please, could somebody help me out on this,i had a residence permit for belgium, after studies i went to slovakia for holiday, but overstayed for 9 days, on my way back to belgium to finalize issues and return to Nigeria, there was a passport control on the way by the german police and received a( temporary ban from germany stamp on passport)
will this affect future visa application to other shengen countries,since this ban was for germany alone.,is getting a new passport a wise thing to do?

please somebody tell me,
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by tunnytox(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2010
i won't lie to you my broda it will definetly affect your future visa application negatively especially to any shengen country. I'll say try your luck on UK if you really need to visit europe they are usually more considerate, after travelling to UK on few occasions then try shengen visa again but please don't bother to change your passport cos it won't help.

goodluck
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by ishit4body(f): 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2010
na yah long throat catch you so. You no know say yah visa don pass the time?
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by Davedavy: 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2010
jor-el:

Please, could somebody help me out on this,i had a residence permit for belgium, after studies i went to slovakia for holiday, but overstayed for 9 days, on my way back to belgium to finalize issues and return to Nigeria, there was a passport control on the way by the german police and received a( temporary  ban from germany stamp on passport)
will this affect future visa application to other shengen countries,since this ban was for germany alone.,is getting a new passport a wise thing to do?

please somebody tell me,

From the information provided on your post,it means your Belgian residence permit expired and you were still within the shengen zone, right?and unfortunately for you,you were caught by the German immigration.The implication of this is that your name has been entered into the SIS (shengen information system)

The Schengen Information System,(SIS), is a governmental database used by several European countries to maintain and distribute information on individuals and pieces of property of interest. The intended uses of this system is for national security, border control and law enforcement purposes.Information in the SIS is shared among institutions of the participating countries in the Schengen Agreement Application Convention (SAAC).

Now,a temporary ban from any shengen country must be recorded into the SIS,though the ban is from Germany,but if you apply for a visa to any other shengen country,they MUST consult the SIS in order to protect the interest of all the member states.

To cut a long story short, if you are listed by any member state,it means you will never receive a visa into the shengen zone.Remember Schengen and EU aren't the same - some countries not in EU are in Schengen (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland etc) and some EU countries have opted out of Schengen (e.g. UK, Ireland, so separate rules apply).

Getting a new passport will not help you,infact on the shengen application form,you are required to state your previous travels within the shengen zone,what will you say?just forget about the shengen zone for now,you can always try the non shengen EU countries.

All the best.
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by DualCore1: 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2010
^^ Nice explanation. If only Customer Service pipz could break things down this well angry
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by eghost247(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2010
jor-el:

Please, could somebody help me out on this,i had a residence permit for belgium, after studies i went to slovakia for holiday, but overstayed for 9 days, on my way back to belgium to finalize issues and return to Nigeria, there was a passport control on the way by the german police and received a( temporary ban from germany stamp on passport)

please somebody tell me,
But wait did u residence permit get reknewed after all?
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by justwise(m): 8:16am On Nov 21, 2010
Davedavy:
From the information provided on your post,it means your Belgian residence permit expired and you were still within the shengen zone, right?and unfortunately for you,you were caught by the German immigration.The implication of this is that your name has been entered into the SIS (shengen information system)The Schengen Information System,(SIS), is a governmental database used by several European countries to maintain and distribute information on individuals and pieces of property of interest. The intended uses of this system is for national security, border control and law enforcement purposes.Information in the SIS is shared among institutions of the participating countries in the Schengen Agreement Application Convention (SAAC).Now,a temporary ban from any shengen country must be recorded into the SIS,though the ban is from Germany,but if you apply for a visa to any other shengen country,they MUST consult the SIS in order to protect the interest of all the member states.To cut a long story short, if you are listed by any member state,it means you will never receive a visa into the shengen zone.Remember Schengen and EU aren't the same - some countries not in EU are in Schengen (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland etc) and some EU countries have opted out of Schengen (e.g. UK, Ireland, so separate rules apply).Getting a new passport will not help you,infact on the shengen application form,you are required to state your previous travels within the shengen zone,what will you say?just forget about the shengen zone for now,you can always try the non shengen EU countries.All the best.
Good job!
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by Vicjustice: 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2010
tunnytox:

I'll say try your luck on UK if you really need to visit europe they are usually more considerate, after travelling to UK on few occasions then try shengen visa again
Davedavy:

just forget about the shengen zone for now,you can always try the non shengen EU countries
   You guys did excellent jobs with your advice especially the informative analysis by Dave.
   But i disagree with your suggestions to try the non-Schengen countries. Now let's be realistic, Jor-el has been given an indefinite ban by a Schengen-Germany, and his passport has been stamped to this effect, now, what normal country in the whole world would issue its visa on a passport that is bearing a Schengen ban stamp?
   The reality of the situation is, Jor-er might never get a visa for any country for a time indefinite, he needs to sort out his ban and then, reconcile himself with the Schengen territory. there is nothing else he can do about this situation as no country wants to issue its visa on a passport that has breached its visa conditions.
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by jorel1(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2011
forgot to inform u guys, am back to Europe:-) kiss

1 Like

Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by damola1: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
Against all odds, what's the trick?
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by imperiouxx(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2011
jor-el:

forgot to inform u guys, am back to Europe:-) kiss

Congrat! But you can't just stop like that, explain how you did it. You explained more than this the first time you post.
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by tunnytox(m): 10:07am On Sep 13, 2011
Congrats! Waiting to hear from you
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by chrispopo: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
OP, So tell us how you went about it. We really want to hear from you ASAP.I am sure what you did is not rocket science, so we would cherish to get to know how and what you did in resolving the issue.
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by jorel1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
moment,i will find time soon to write , but NB. i ll write in pidgen grin
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by omohlade(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2011
, gy when you need solution your hand dey veryy fast to write,,,,,but now for you to put words untop system now na jamb for you, what of if anybody nid your experience to face his/her challanges nko
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by jorel1(m): 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
Give me a moment, i will give details asap
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by kennybuda: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2011
its easy to enter back since he was ban in shengen zone there are other non eu and shengen countrys he can get their visa serbia ukrian even sometime romanian embassy do not care
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by jorel1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
am in the Schengen territory:-)not Serbia undecided
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by kennybuda: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2011
then becarfull if you gat any control within the shengen zone na another wahala ooo
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by blank(f): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2011
hmmm
Re: Indefinte Ban From Germany by Thegamingorca(m): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
This op guy reeks of all things shady.

He's probably not in any schengen zone

(1) (Reply)

Send Goods & Foodstuffs To Your Family & Friends Abroad From Port Harcourt. / Canada Visa / Photos Of Norwegian Prison Where Inmates Live Like Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.