Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days (1252 Views)

Three Ladies Gang Raped A Man For 3 Consecutive Days, Feed Him With Energy Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by OgThanos: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello nairalanders.
I just thought I should share my recent experiences about pickpockets and their tactics..
I was on a napep last week Tuesday and there's this guy sitting beside me, dressed like a banker and have a big bag, just when we're approaching the first bus stop where I was going to drop. This guy was really inconveniencing me by trying to take something from his back pocket, unknown to me his actual intention was to fishout my phone. Just before I alight, I checked my pocket and behold my phone is not there but on the seat and the guy's thigh is covering it.
I just gave him a straight look, pick up my phone and left.
The following day, exactly the same method was used on me again at mile 2.
From my own opinion, i think these few points of mine will help you out against pick pocket
1, Always hold your phone Firmly while in a bus or a walking in the midst of crowd.
2. Always check your pocket to ensure your stuffs are still there before alighting from the bus.
3. Be suspicious of irregular movement of the passenger sitting beside you. Some pickpockets make you look away and feel uncomfortable so they can perpetrate their act by coughing, sneezing or pretending to take something from Thier back pocket.
4. Try not to fall asleep on a commercial transport unless you're traveling with a friend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by TheStakeHolder(m): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good tips
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Godmother(f): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
You no do well. You for land the guy better slap so he knows his game's been busted.

In other news, check out my signature for the latest ankara styles for your next owambe party.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by romenna: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
In agege they come to u in broad day light n try to use force by standing in your way.
Give them a hard look and shout back at them.
Never act like a gentle person else they'll offload u
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by mynd4409: 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
OgThanos:
Hello nairalanders.
I just thought I should share my recent experiences about pickpockets and their tactics..
I was on a napep last week Tuesday and there's this guy sitting beside me, dressed like a banker and have a big bag, just when we're approaching the first bus stop where I was going to drop. This guy was really inconveniencing me by trying to take something from his back pocket, unknown to me his actual intention was to fishout my phone. Just before I alight, I checked my pocket and behold my phone is not there but on the seat and the guy's thigh is covering it.
I just gave him a straight look, pick up my phone and left.
The following day, exactly the same method was used on me again at mile 2.
From my own opinion, i think these few points of mine will help you out against pick pocket
1, Always hold your phone Firmly while in a bus or a walking in the midst of crowd.
2. Always check your pocket to ensure your stuffs are still there before alighting from the bus.
3. Be suspicious of irregular movement of the passenger sitting beside you. Some pickpockets make you look away and feel uncomfortable so they can perpetrate their act by coughing, sneezing or pretending to take something from Thier back pocket.
4. Try not to fall asleep on a commercial transport unless you're traveling with a friend.
What about one chance? grin
Those ones dey deploy jazz
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Kobicove(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
mynd4409:

What about one chance? grin
Those ones dey deploy jazz

Rubbish!

There nothing like jazz, those guy deploy psychology... from your body movement a trained person can tell if you have a large amount of money on you especially if you're not accustomed to carrying large sums on a regular interval

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by mynd4409: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kobicove:

Rubbish!

There nothing like jazz, those guy deploy psychology... from your body movement a trained person can tell if you have a large amount of money on you especially if you're not accustomed to carry large sums on a regular interval
Mumu.
Dey there till dem nack you beta jazz your eyes go clear wink

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by missimelda01(f): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kobicove:

Rubbish!

There nothing like jazz, those guy deploy psychology... from your body movement a trained person can tell if you have a large amount of money on you especially if you're not accustomed to carry large sums on a regular interval
There’s something like jazz o

My cousin entered Keke one evening, they jazzed him and took his phones, next thing he saw himself on a bike in front of his bustop...can you explain that?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Dliquidmetal(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2021
missimelda01:

My cousin entered Keke one evening, they jazzed him and took his phones, next thing he saw himself on a bike in front of his bustop...can you explain that?
all this una jazz sef,all na hearsay. Until I experience all this things first hand I wont believe blindly like the herd does.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Deserea: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
missimelda01:

My cousin entered Keke......next thing he saw himself on a bike in front of his bustop...can you explain that?
Easy na! Haba!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by missimelda01(f): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
Deserea:
Easy na! Haba!!
Wait you think I have time to be whining you?
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Deserea: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
missimelda01:

Wait you think I have time to be whining you?
What else are you doing From keke to bike, haba na!
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Bennysam: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
all this una jazz sef,all na hearsay. Until I experience all this things first hand I wont believe blindly like the herd does.
And you must surely see it
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Kabir5643(m): 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
romenna:
In agege they come to u in broad day light n try to use force by standing in your way.
Give them a hard look and shout back at them.
Never act like a gentle person else they'll offload u

Word
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by missimelda01(f): 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Deserea:
Okay
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Cerebellum: 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kobicove:

Rubbish!

With this Point of yours

It will soon end in tears for yougrin
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by gfon(m): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
Deserea:
gee the babe no lie oo,my niggar years back went to get a phone for someone in computer village,he had on him his laptop bag with his laptop in it,his phone and 40k.But how my guy came back empty handed to the area just wandering in another street close to ours is still a mystery till 2mrw.The only thing he remembered was someone asking him for directions in computer villa.Baba jazz dey wey dey turn person zombie oo.We just gats to be prayerful and street smart #MAFO

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by OgThanos: 11:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
Haa. Who say there's no jazz. 2019 around April May.
One guy jazzed my cousin collected her touch light phone and still tell her to go and borrow any big android phone..( she go borrow one slay mama phone, new tecno pouvoir 4)
For night o, Naso we begin dey expect her from work, till a neighbour told us she at the street junction.
Behold when we got where she was , we met her counting street light grin
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by kingxsamz(m): 11:53pm On Jan 19, 2021
missimelda01:

Lol... They have different formats they'll use on you that you'll begin to question your sanity.
It's not jazz, you're just not able to figure out what's at play at that moment.
That's why is best to be self conscious and not lose guard when you're around total strangers.
Ask your brother what really happened. Perhaps they used one of the old tricks in the book and told him they have chemical to turn paper to money. Happened to my friend too who went home to gather all the jewelries in his house to give to these thieves, when he realized his foolishness. Sadly, he lost his phone to these clowns.
If their jazz dey really work, then they only need to touch you and your phone will appear into their pockets.
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by Deserea: 7:39am On Jan 20, 2021
gfon:
gee the babe no lie oo,my niggar years back went to get a phone for someone in computer village,he had on him his laptop bag with his laptop in it,his phone and 40k.But how my guy came back empty handed to the area just wandering in another street close to ours is still a mystery till 2mrw.The only thing he remembered was someone asking him for directions in computer villa.Baba jazz dey wey dey turn person zombie oo.We just gats to be prayerful and street smart #MAFO
Nawao. Things the happen sha!
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by youngvikthor(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2021
Just be extra smart that all cheesy
Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by akaahs(m): 7:46am On Jan 20, 2021
Hmmm, my bitter experience was at Asokoro Extension on my way to work one Friday morning last year.
These guys crossed to the side I was walking to board a car on a bike, they tricked me by nearly hitting me just to strike a conversation with me. I didn't even care, one of them came down from the bike and was following me in the of name of apologising, I stopped and gave him my attention. After apologising, he wanted to give me a hug, I resisted in the first place, he tried again, this time, I gave him, unknown to me that was the point he picked my other phone in my pocket cause the other one, I held it in my hand.
They all thing to me look like jazz.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pickpockets In Two Consecutive Days by 2shaw: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Well i lost my phone sonetime last year,first time id ever be obtained.i mean a whole nigga like me,dem pakay my phone shaply from my pocket,b4 i knew its like 10mins,men i wan craise dat day. But i thank God say no be this phone sha,i for don craise. They made me wiser and fucking alert man. Nice one. Even with my strap bag on my neck,i still feel its too heavy to keep guard. The moment you loose guard,mind u they are everywhere,observing you from a distance,and gbam when they strike,na once.

(1) (Reply)

Eye Glass That Sees Through..... / Encounter With My Partner / My Own Story With The Married Gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.