Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

My First HTML Page - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My First HTML Page (744 Views)

My First HTML, Css And Little Javascript Added Project / Check Out My First Html And CSS Website / Wrote My First HTML Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2021
I just finished learning HTML after using YouTube, tutorialspoint and some PDF.
Hoping to go to CSS course later.
Rate my first work grin angry cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First HTML Page by Karleb(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
You work is okay for a start. Before you jump to CSS, learn HTML5 tags like header, footer, section, aside, article...

Also try to separate different components with divs.

But you sure say no be because of girl you come learn code?

1 Like

Re: My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Karleb:
You work is okay for a start. Before you jump to CSS, learn HTML5 tags like header, footer, section, aside, article...

Also try to separate different components with divs.

But you sure say no be because of girl you come learn code?
grin grin
Lolz.
I would have learnt coding since last year but too much procastination, and hard for beginner.
U won't imagine I was learning JS as beginner then, crazy right and I am a good video editor.
So it is a do or die affair this year.
So I started with HTML and I am grabbing well.
I can code with now we'll but still need some perfection and more practice.
By the time, I am very good at coding probably next year or 2023.
I will probably create a Tiktok alternative, since I can video edit...
Thanks brother for the advice.
Re: My First HTML Page by TechCapon(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
Telegram234:
what app do you use for coding?? Anwriter??

Love na real scam my brother. Don't fall for it. You're doing great
Re: My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 9:23pm On Jan 19, 2021
TechCapon:
what app do you use for coding?? Anwriter??

Love na real scam my brother. Don't fall for it. You're doing great
I use quoda app.
Best app ever.
Both text editor and interpreter
Re: My First HTML Page by naijasensei: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Telegram234:

Nice job. I have a few pointers though.

1. You nested an 'hr' element within an 'h1' element. While you are free to do this, it is not semantically recommended. By the HTML standards, heading elements (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6) are not supposed to have child elements. Also use heading elements for semantic purposes, not presentation purposes.
2. You didn't use the 'hr' element properly. The 'hr' element is an empty element, so it has no content or closing tag - just an opening tag.
3. Similar issue with your 'br' element, it is also an empty element.
4. The 'big' element is a deprecated element, it is no longer recommended for use.
5. The 'strike' element has also been deprecated, it is not valid HTML5. Use the 'del' or 's' elements instead.
6. Be careful how you use 'b', 'em', 'strong', and 'i' elements. Make sure you use them semantically and not for presentation purposes, especially the 'em' and 'strong' elements.

2 Likes

Re: My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
naijasensei:

Nice job. I have a few pointers though.

1. You nested an 'hr' element within an 'h1' element. While you are free to do this, it is not semantically recommended. By the HTML standards, heading elements (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6) are not supposed to have child elements. Also use heading elements for semantic purposes, not presentation purposes.
2. You didn't use the 'hr' element properly. The 'hr' element is an empty element, so it has no content or closing tag - just an opening tag.
3. Similar issue with your 'br' element, it is also an empty element.
4. The 'big' element is a deprecated element, it is no longer recommended for use.
5. The 'strike' element has also been deprecated, it is not valid HTML5. Use the 'del' or 's' elements instead.
6. Be careful how you use 'b', 'em', 'strong', and 'i' elements. Make sure you use them semantically and not for presentation purposes, especially the 'em' and 'strong' elements.
Tanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: My First HTML Page by Honeywell20(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
You are doing well. Keep learning and you will become awesome at it.
Re: My First HTML Page by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nice one op.
I also recently finished HTML as well.
As you start learning CSS you might see yourself having to refer back to clear up grey areas in HTML, particularly the block elements like div, section,footer etc.
You'll be classifying a lot of them and getting them to work with lots of other inline elements,in assigning your attributes. This is normal,and only constant practice will lead to mastery of most elements.
JS will also take you back to API,SVG,Canvas etc..
Good luck and welcome.
Re: My First HTML Page by Lordsagna: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Telegram234:

bro I just start to learn coding using HTML...pls which app can you recommend to use on PC?
Re: My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 7:11am On Jan 21, 2021
Lordsagna:

bro I just start to learn coding using HTML...pls which app can you recommend to use on PC?
Quoda app.
It is the best.
Both text editing and interpreting.
Best ever..
I love the app.
Re: My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2021
Rgade:
Nice one op.
I also recently finished HTML as well.
As you start learning CSS you might see yourself having to refer back to clear up grey areas in HTML, particularly the block elements like div, section,footer etc.
You'll be classifying a lot of them and getting them to work with lots of other inline elements,in assigning your attributes. This is normal,and only constant practice will lead to mastery of most elements.
JS will also take you back to API,SVG,Canvas etc..
Good luck and welcome.
Thanks bro
Re: My First HTML Page by Telegram234(m): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2021
Honeywell20:
You are doing well. Keep learning and you will become awesome at it.
Thanks
Re: My First HTML Page by bet9ja(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
You really tried. Make sure you go with HTML 5 tags. So that you can be up to date with your learning.

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea On Aptech? / Software Wheels Are'nt Round / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.