Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20623 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 1:58am On Jun 29, 2008
@Hannibal/Jackal

I can understand why you would have two biggie albums on your list.
I can sense the influence he has on your life from the time I have known you. grin grin
Quite an influence I must say.

Canibus is gifted, but he has made some shitty albums bwoy. . . .

Fiddy. . . .I ain't even gonna comment on that choice.

Is Snoop Dogg a rapper? Well I guess for DoggyStyle- I will forgive him anything.

I have never been the biggest Tupac fan, so I guess I would not rate him so highly. Brother took
himself a tad too seriously.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 2:00am On Jun 29, 2008
Oh yes. . . .On Eminem

For black artistes, their raison d'etre is to describe ghetto life in as many ways as they can. . .

For Eminem. . . . . .It is how many ways to kill his mum, baby mama . . . . .The Way I am is a classic though.

and that Renegade business is overplayed.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:01am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

I agree with you.

To 2pac, the word is deployed as a tool, to display emotions and his frustrations. . . .
To Biggie, the word is an ornament, to be polished with hues of shine, delivery and using metaphors in the most unlikely contexts. . . .

Biggie said. . . . Welcome to ma center. . . . Honies feel me deep in they placenta, Cold as the pole in the winter. . . .
How audacious can a rapper get? Biggie Smallz was too grandiloquent.
Biggie was god.

Tupac was Zeus.
I've been Trapped since birth, cautious, cause I'm cursed
And fantasies of my family, in a hearse
And they say it's the white man I should fear
But, it's my own kind doin all the killin here
I can't lie, ain't no love for the other side
Jealousy inside, make em wish I died
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:02am On Jun 29, 2008
doyin13:

Oh yes. . . .On Eminem

For black artistes, their raison d'etre is to describe ghetto life in as many ways as they can. . .

For Eminem. . . . . .It is how many ways to kill his mum, baby mama . . . . .The Way I am is a classic though.

and that Renegade business is overplayed.

All eminem talks about is his daughter and how much he misses her. im not saying he is a bad rapper, but just not as good as Jay Z
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 2:06am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

Lil' Wayne?
Puhleeeeeeaze, we are talking about the ALL TIME GREATS not some buncha chewing gum rap artistes. . . .

The Jigga Vs Nas battle was followed by a large army of audience. . . . They were fighting crown of KING OF NEW YORK.
Over 300,000 people voted on Hot 97 to determine the WINNER.
There was no injustice whatsoever. . . . .Nasir spits more lyrics than the full-lipped Jigga man.

L0L, calm down. I know Lil' wayne is a "chewing gum artiste". I just mentioned his 'victory' to show you how 'America votes'
Ok, i didn't know there was 300,000 people anywhere voting. Truth is i didn't even care much about rap back then. Hell, i was like 10.
But anywayz, winning on that battle doesn't make him better though. Like i said earlier, he had a lot more to say than jigga in the battle. It wasn't just
about "king of NY", jigga also slept with Nas' chick around that time so i think Nas had a lot to say. Jay-z barely said 2 words on 'supa ugly' so it was expected that Nas would win. Anywayz, i love both of 'em, i can't say who's better. End of story!

onyinye2:

All eminem talks about is his daughter and how much he misses her. im not saying he is a bad rapper, but just not as good as Jay Z
Eminem used to be my favorite rapper. word!! i dunno what happened to him though. He started bringing all his family problems into his songs.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:11am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Canibus is gifted but his packaging is ill. . . . .
It's like Fernando Torres in Athletico Madrid. . . You can see his talents but he was never gon' reach his max potential in Spain.
Canibus can SPITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT . . . . . . This Nigga killed LLCoolJ like i would kill mosquitoes with ma bare hands. grin grin

50 Cent . . . .He is the future of Rap(Hate him or Love him).
Eminem is the mixture of Pac and Big. . . .Cheeky lyrics, overly explicit and he took Rap into a whole new dimension.
Everyone was getting bored with 2Pac imitators like DMX,  Ja Rule and other loud-ass noise makers.

@ Onyinye2,

Biggie was Xerxes(god-king).

When I die, Bleep it I want to go to hell
Cause I'm a piece of shit, it ain't hard to fuckin' tell
It don't make sense, goin' to heaven wit the goodie-goodies
Dressed in white, I like black Timbs and black hoodies

God will probably have me on some real strict shit
No sleepin' all day, no gettin my manliness licked

Hangin' with the goodie-goodies loungin' in paradise
Bleep that shit, I want to tote guns and shoot dice

All my life I been considered as the worst
Lyin' to my mother, even stealin' out her purse
Crime after crime, from drugs to extortion
I know my mother wished she got a fuckin' abortion

She don't even love me like she did when I was younger
Suckin' on her chest just to stop my fuckin' hunger
I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes?
Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies

This is the REALEST shit i have heard from one individual. . . . . . and this was as far back as 1994.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 2:16am On Jun 29, 2008
Now this is my own pathetic attempt at a list

Top ten hip hop artistes

Nas
Mos Def
Jay Z
Common
Biggie
Tupac
Black Thought
GZA
Chuck D
Talib Kweli

It will prolly change tomorrow if i was asked again. Except the first six I guess
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2008
Tupac was more than a rapper, but a voice to does silenced.

I see no changes, all I see is racist faces
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it take to make this
one better place, let's erase the wait state
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
Cause both black and white are smokin crack tonight
And only time we deal is when we kill each other
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And though it seems heaven-sent
We ain't ready, to have a black President, huh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
The penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
I wake up in the morning and I ask myself
Is life worth living should I blast myself
I'm tired of being poor and even worse I'm black
My stomach hurts so I'm lookin for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a ne-gro
Pull a trigger kill a nigger he's a hero
Mo' nigga mo' nigga mo' niggaz
I'd rather be dead than a po' nigga
Let the Lord judge the criminals
If I die, I wonder if heaven got a ghetto
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:22am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

For the 1st time in many months, u surprised me.

I was actually expecting to see MC Hammer, Ruggedman and Eedris on your list.
Chuck-D, Mos Def and Genius of WU-TANG??  What about RZA and Ol' Dirty Bastard??
Those are the heartbeat of WU.

@ Onyinye2,

I don't even have the verve to put out lyrics of Biggie out but any Rap head would tell u he flows better than Pac.
He was so talented he never wrote his rhymed or carried a note-pad to the studio. . . .It was in the HEAD.
Just give Biggie Smallz 2 puffs of weed and a beat he can rap to. . . . .The rest is HISTORY.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:27am On Jun 29, 2008
@hannibal

i see no one is going to win this. you are a fan of biggie, im a fan of Tupac. i no we can atleast agree that we are true supporters of a wonderful genre. i hope you stay a respectable fan and keep defending your beliefs.

@doyin

*shakes head*
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by javaprince(m): 2:31am On Jun 29, 2008
@hanibal
Stop play o!!! Biggie is good no doubt, but never compare him to Tupac. The records says it all.

Just for braggin, research d drama behind 'hit dem up'
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 2:32am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Doyin13,

For the 1st time in many months, u surprised me.

I was actually expecting to see MC Hammer, Ruggedman and Eedris on your list.
Chuck-D, Mos Def and Genius of WU-TANG??  What about RZA and Ol' Dirty Bastard??
Those are the heartbeat of WU.

I am actually contemplating whether Common should be No 1.

Common's Like Water for Chocolate is only one notch below ILLMATIC I reckon. . . .naaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:35am On Jun 29, 2008

@hannibal

i see no one is going to win this. you are a fan of biggie, im a fan of Tupac. i no we can atleast agree that we are true supporters of a wonderful genre. i hope you stay a respectable fan and keep defending your beliefs.

Touche.

@ Javaprince,

Hit 'Em Up was a classic but it's not about shouting on top of one's voice.
Biggie had his own battle songs too . . . .Who Shot Ya. . . .Not as popular as Hit Em Up but then the delivery was top drawer

@ Doyin13,

At this rate, u would have Daddy Fresh, Daddy Showkey plus Junior n Pretty in ur top 10.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by debosky(m): 2:45am On Jun 29, 2008
you forgot Pasuma - that dude can RAP! tongue grin grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:47am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Debosky,

Pasuma can RAP!!!!!!
I doubt it. . . . . .All i saw was him flippin dollar billz in YAHOOZE video.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 2:55am On Jun 29, 2008
@Jackal.

You simply need to expand your horizons.

Rappers like Common are not popular because their thought process is as navigable as
the Black Forest.

It doesn't take a lot of mental capacity to break down Biggie's lyrics.

Me, I like a bit more depth to my music.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:01am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Thats not true!!!

Some of his tracks are actually abstract too. . . . .Sick metaphors, out of this word deliveries and subliminal thunks.
All the rappers out there today are inspired by Biggie's works. . . .
He was the greatest. It was a pity his career was short-lived.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 3:09am On Jun 29, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Doyin13,

Thats not true!!!

Some of his tracks are actually abstract too. . . . .Sick metaphors, out of this word deliveries and subliminal thunks.
All the rappers out there today are inspired by Biggie's works. . . .
He was the greatest. It was a pity his career was short-lived.

For example undecided
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:13am On Jun 29, 2008
Suicidal Thoughts

Me and ma Bitch

Niggaz Bleed

Unbelievable.

Never mind, u cannot listen to all these weird cuts on the Radio.
If u need em, holla. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 3:18am On Jun 29, 2008
You are trying to tell me Niggaz Bleed is abstract.

You funny sha. . . .

What would you call Black Thought then if you listened to him? Celestial

I will give you suicidal thoughts. . . .I am not even going to talk about Me and My Bitch.

But Damn, . . .I need to dust off some of my old Hip Hop CD's. Where did I put that EPMD
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:22am On Jun 29, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Niggaz Bleed was abstract. . . . U can also put ya money on "Kick In The Door" . . . . . . .
It took 4-5 years before anyone knew he was talking about Nas.
Bes' believe me. . . . .Biggie was classy.

Black Thought?? Try Black Sabbath.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by javaprince(m): 9:55am On Jun 29, 2008
@Hannibal
Hannibal:

@ Debosky,

Pasuma can RAP!!!!!!
I doubt it. . . . . .All i saw was him flippin dollar billz in YAHOOZE video.

Well you need to listen t "A ti Je LO " By 9ice feat. Pasuma, then u'll know the Guy Rap Try.
"Pasuma and 9ice, both of us twice as Nice" - lol
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2008
@d Tupac vs Biggie debate.

Biggie was a great rapper when he was alive,even greater few years after his death.
My point is this, the death row/bad boy beef and d manner of his death added to his prestige. If he was still alive today,i doubt if anyone would say biggie was one of d greats.
Tupac died young,but not before making 5 or 6 albums.for tupac's life and works to be studied as a course subject in a university tells u he was'nt only a great guy but a GREATER RAPPER THAN BIGGIE.

@A40,

i dont believe u. You have'nt listened to illmatic. Maybe u just heard one or two tracks.

I am also tired of pple puting READY TO DIE before ILLMATIC. But then it is a matter choice. But i want to react when someone says THE CHRONIC was more lyrically potent than ILLMATIC.

But as for me,i want to buried with a copy of ILLMATIC.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2008
bgees:

@d Tupac vs Biggie debate.

Biggie was a great rapper when he was alive,even greater few years after his death.
My point is this, the death row/bad boy beef and d manner of his death added to his prestige. If he was still alive today,i doubt if anyone would say biggie was one of d greats.
Tupac died young,but not before making 5 or 6 albums.for tupac's life and works to be studied as a course subject in a university tells u he was'nt only a great guy but a GREATER RAPPER THAN BIGGIE.

Your highlighted statement is FAUX!!!!

Biggie had been named the King Of New York after releasing his debut album in 1994.
What made him greater than 2pac was the fact that he achieved superstar status with a single album while it took 'Pac 4 albums.

Tupac's works being studied as a course in universities/colleges means nuthing. . . . He had more years to pen those lyrics than Biggie did.
If Biggie was still alive. . . . Lord knows many muppet rappers out there now would never have ventured to RAP.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2008
@ Hannibal,

its a hard one. Harder than d JAY-Z/ NaS topic.
But since tupac had more classic albums(all eyez on me,don kilumanati,2pacocalypse now) compared to biggie who just made only 1 classic album(ready to die), tupac seems better.
Or,are u one of those who believe born again was a great album?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2008
I actually agree with Jackal for a change. . .

Biggie is perhaps the most naturally gifted rapper ever.

He could spin a yarn like no other, but he lacked depth and range in subject matter.

But what he did talk about, the guy talked about wellu wellu.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by javaprince(m): 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2008
@U all
Seems you all awake at the mid-Night and then start ur arguments. Na Wa Oh? Seems some ppl are using Starrcomms/Multilinks Night Browsing. Its making a Bats of you.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
doyin13:

He could spin a yarn like no other, but he lacked depth and range in subject matter.

Good point, he could make a hit out of any topic
But he lacked the ability to expose you to a new side of it like The Nas' and Pacs

When Nas had to do a hook on Thugz Mansion (Godson) he just used a new concept by describing a young junkie
Explored every part of it, while BIG woulda bin rapping of how he'll make this, do that
That's where you know he(BIG) just bursts out everything without pre-planning it
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2008
bgees:

@ Hannibal,

its a hard one. Harder than d JAY-Z/ NaS topic.
But since tupac had more classic albums(all eyez on me,don kilumanati,2pacocalypse now) compared to biggie who just made only 1 classic album(ready to die), tupac seems better.
Or,are u one of those who believe born again was a great album?

What are u talking about, hombre?
Everything BIGGIE touched was GOLD.
He had 2 classic albums(while ALIVE) that matched whatever 2pac had and thats why he is greater.

So "ready to die" was Biggie's only classic album??. . . . . .You never heard "Life After Death" ??
Born Again was made after his death(the collaboration of all his songs were re-mixed by Eminem and featured some artistes)
Biggie would turn in his grave to the poor production and lack of depth. . . . .

@ Eldee,

All BIG needs is a roll of weed and a palatable song to flow with. . . . .
He had to be the greatest rapper in the 90s. . . . . . .His lyrics were golden.
The only flaws was he never had pre-recorded songs like 'Pac who wrote songs after songs while in Prison.
Biggie's lyrics were in hid fat-head. . . .Too bad he was buried with 'em. cry cry cry
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 12:08am On Jun 30, 2008
doyin13:

truly questionable. i think biggie is [b]one [/b]of the most gifted rappers.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 12:21am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

truly questionable. i think biggie is [b]one [/b]of the most gifted rappers.

Name us the gifted rappers, please!!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 12:24am On Jun 30, 2008
Well Hannibal i feel 2pac was a very gifted rapper. is lyrics were ill and can be recited all over the world. i went to italy and there were folk rapping "Smile"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.