Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20625 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2008
@hannibal

and that skater boy lupe makes my day. in fact his song "hip saved my life" is set as my alarm clock cheesy cheesy but you enjoy eminem. i hope you go cop his album wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

@hannibal

and that skater boy lupe makes my day. in fact his song "hip saved my life" is set as my alarm clock cheesy cheesy but you enjoy eminem. i hope you go cop his album wink

Cop whose album?? Lupe Fiasco??
Funny enough, i have his 2 albums on ma iPod but time won't lemme sit down and feel what he is tryna say.
On ur request, i would try and bomb through it tomorrow. . . . . .
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2008
i guess if you are going to make the effort to listen to Lupe, then i guess i will upload some Eminem on my zune. do you know any songs that "I" would be interested in??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:29am On Jul 01, 2008
@ Onyinye2,

I am a fan of Hardcore Rap and females don't want that, i guess. . . .
Anyways, u can get Eminem, Obie Trice, D12 and the new 50 album.
I am still gobsmacked. . . .cant phatom out how Kanye's album sold more(although there were reports Roc-a-fella cheated). cheesy grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:32am On Jul 01, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Onyinye2,

I am a fan of Hardcore Rap and females don't want that, i guess. . . .
Anyways, u can get Eminem, Obie Trice, D12 and the new 50 album.
I am still gobsmacked. . . .can't phatom out how Kanye's album sold more(although there were reports Roc-a-fella cheated). cheesy grin

well im a female who loves hardcore rap. and of course everybody knew that 50 was gonna lose. Kanye west rhymes are sick. and his album has diversity. he got that track for when you mad to that track that makes you happy. all 50 had was that "i get money" which was pretty good. i did play it when i got pay checks.lol cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2008
@Onyinye
I know Lupe's good and all that
But do we really need to see a Nas all over again?

He really needs to create his own thing, he's still young now
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

well im a female who loves hardcore rap. and of course everybody knew that 50 was going to lose. Kanye west rhymes are sick. and his album has diversity. he got that track for when you mad to that track that makes you happy. all 50 had was that "i get money" which was pretty good. i did play it when i got pay checks.lol cheesy

Well, i just feel 50 picked so many enemies before the launch of his album.
Besides, telling America he would quit music if Kanye outsells him was anutha blunder. . . .America made sure he lost the battle of sales.
I listened to the 2 albums on the launch date and trust me. . . . .50's songs were better than Kanye's pound for pound.
"I get money"?? What do u expect when someone just picked up $400 milla check from Coca-Cola?? cheesy

So u love hardcore rap?? Thats a first.
I think u need to dig the crates then and go back to 1996-2004 period. . . . .There were better Rap albums in that period than now.
Get Jigga's Hard Knock Life. . . .Nas' I am and DMX's first 2 albums. . . . . . U can put Chronic 2000 in ur shopping basket too.
You can't go wrong with those.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 1:46am On Jul 01, 2008
@hannibal

well. . . i kind of already have all those albums pretty much. but my favorite hands down goes to the Chronic. and also i really like N.W.A. there intensity just was crazy. i loved it. any ways every body knew 50 wasnt going to win. it was not even a competition. 50 album "get rich or die trying" was way better.

@eldee

you can't compare Lupe to Nas. Nas is one of the originals. and they got two different types of styles going on.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 1:56am On Jul 01, 2008
@Eldee, I see no relationship whatsoever between Lupe's rap style and that of Nas. Lupe is a geek rapper. Nas. . . He's more of a gangsta.

@Onyinye2, lupe is gud, isn't he? But he's still getting there. His only song I really like is 'superstar'. He was annoying to me at first with the whole geek thingy on 'kick push' and 'day dreaming'. But he's steppin up. I love 'hip hop saved my life'

@Hannibal, I get ur point. People tend to look down on Eminem cuz he's white, lolz. But the white dude can rap. It took me long to believe he was white cuz he's always been my favorite rapper when I was growing up. He's fading now though ever since he brought all his family problems on tv. Still respect him tho. U ever heard 'go to sleep'?? he did with DMX and Obie trice. That song is crazy!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:58am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

@hannibal

well. . . i kind of already have all those albums pretty much. but my favorite hands down goes to the Chronic. and also i really like N.W.A. there intensity just was crazy. i loved it. any ways every body knew 50 wasnt going to win. it was not even a competition. 50 album "get rich or die trying" was way better.

Chronic and Snoop Dogg's "Doggystyle". . . . . . .I really don't know which one was hotter. . . They were both classics.
Get rich or die trying was phat. . . . .Letz just say 50 was hungrier then and the determination to succeed was raw.
Now, he is a success story and he wastes ample time trying to help Lloyd Banks n Young Buck. . . .
His 4th album should launch soon "before i self-destruct" . . . .

chiogo:

@Hannibal, I get your point. People tend to look down on Eminem because he's white, lolz. But the white dude can rap. It took me long to believe he was white because he's always been my favorite rapper when I was growing up. He's fading now though ever since he brought all his family problems on tv. Still respect him tho. You ever heard 'go to sleep'?? he did with DMX and Obie trice. That song is crazy!

That was a dope song. . . . .Purely comical.
I love Eminem right from the onset. . . .He makes me laugh with his nasal voice and freckled nose.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:04am On Jul 01, 2008
@hannibal

lol. but yeah he is a bit of a success story now. but "get rich or die trying" was off the chain. the music was insane. he really needs to redeem himself now. there is some pressure on him to.I feel the Chronic was better than Doggystyle but i still love them both. wink

@chiogo

there is something about that nerdy- rap style of Lupe that has me hooked. i truly couldnt tell what it is specifically.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:10am On Jul 01, 2008
@ Onyinye2,

Chronic on one end. . . .Doggystle on the other end. . . . I think u will have an EQUILIBRUM.
Both albums were dope. . . . Matter of fact, i think Snoop tips the balance because he was outstanding.
Tracks like "murder was the case" "serial killer", "bitches n niggaz" and "gin n juice" were top draw. cheesy wink

Fiddy will redeem himself. . . . .He is good, he's the king of those catchy hooks.
Curtis is talented when his back is against the world.
I think his problems stemmed from releasing too many tracks before the last one. . . .

There were so many good songs on his movie soundtrack(Get rich) that he should have preserved for his album.
"Hustler's ambition", "When it rains it pours", "I'll whip your head". . . .Those are LP standards.
Anyways, i am looking forward to Detox album from Dre than anyone. . . . .He'd better deliver.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:14am On Jul 01, 2008
the detox album does have alot of people wanting but i think the real deal and wait will go to Nas. his controversial album will probably steal the spotlight from any other rapper for that time being.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:17am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

the detox album does have alot of people wanting but i think the real deal and wait will go to Nas. his controversial album will probably steal the spotlight from any other rapper for that time being.

Are u sure? Detox is the most anticipated out there.
Dre has finished recording but he is yet to name the release date. . . .
Bizarre of D12 said Dre recorded 109 songs and over 40 rappers featured but Dre being a perfectionist is taking his time and having problems picking the ones that would make the album. . . . . .Isn't that sick??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 2:18am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

@eldee

you can't compare Lupe to Nas. Nas is one of the originals. and they got two different types of styles going on.
Who said I was comparing?
I just meant Lupe's 'I read the Koean and Bible' thing might not work for him in a few years
At this time and age, he needs to go all-out radio
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:21am On Jul 01, 2008
eldee:

Who said I was comparing?
I just meant Lupe's 'I read the Koean and Bible' thing might not work for him in a few years
At this time and age, he needs to go all-out radio

He needs to be commercial first before rapping for his fans. . . . .
Its so competitive out there now with the new generation of shyte Rap artistes.
U got lil wayne, lil crappy, lil sweats and lil asswax all competing. . . . Lupe must cut the chase n go commerical.
More radio friendly beats and he would be up there.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2008
@hannibal

i know that the Detox album will go down in history as a classic but i feel that Nas will still the spot light because he is already turning heads and having folk like Al Sharpton protesting against it.

@eldee

Lupe is doing fine to me. that nerdy-rap thing got him a grammy. so i feel that he will improve on his own as he grows. just look at Jay-z. as he matured so did his rap game.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 2:29am On Jul 01, 2008
Hannibal:

He needs to be commercial first before rapping for his fans. . . . .
Its so competitive out there now with the new generation of shyte Rap artistes.
You got little wayne, little crappy, little sweats and little asswax all competing. . . . Lupe must cut the chase n go commerical.
More radio friendly beats and he would be up there.
Exactly, everyone knows he's talented
But this age, no one wants to hear talent on radio
All they want to see is a collabo with either T-pain or Lilwayne cheesy

Let him take the Jay route

onyinye2:

@eldee
Lupe is doing fine to me. that nerdy-rap thing got him a grammy. so i feel that he will improve on his own as he grows. just look at Jay-z. as he matured so did his rap game.
Who cares about the grammy?

And at what age did Jigga stop money-cash-hoes?
Come, don't be deceived, money and not maturity changed him
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:31am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

@hannibal

i know that the Detox album will go down in history as a classic but i feel that Nas will still the spot light because he is already turning heads and having folk like Al Sharpton protesting against it.

The air of controversy around it will make hip-hop heads turn for sure. . . . . He was going to title it NIGGER. . . .
Black movement groups all criticised the title as being too explicit s i guess that was why Al Sharpton was protesting.
Controversy sells though and i heard there's a track called Black President(where he addressed Obama n stuffs).
I can't wait already.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 2:44am On Jul 01, 2008
Hannibal:

The air of controversy around it will make hip-hop heads turn for sure. . . . . He was going to title it NIGGER. . . .
Black movement groups all criticised the title as being too explicit s i guess that was why Al Sharpton was protesting.
Controversy sells though and i heard there's a track called Black President(where he addressed Obama n stuffs).
I can't wait already.
I've got it on HMV preorder already
I don't know if it's going to hit like Godson, but I'm planning to buy it, bury it
Dig it out in 40 years time, and be the only one with the hard version cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:47am On Jul 01, 2008
Don't bury it cos i am sure CDs will be obsolete by then. tongue grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 3:00am On Jul 01, 2008
@hannibal

this cd will boost Nas's career but it can also bring him down with some fans. but not me. cheesy

@eldee

im just saying that Lupe is a smart brotha and will make his own path. yeah i do feel that the radio could do some good but i really want him to bring what the game's been missing in his own style. undecided
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

@hannibal
this cd will boost Nas's career but it can also bring him down with some fans. but not me. cheesy

Letz wait n see.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2008
Another correction, don't say Biggie is better than Nas, ain't no best. Jay-z said he's better than Biggie and Nas said they equal.
@kaydee

OMG!!! Kaydee there you go again. Gay-Z said he's better than Biggie?? Lol, that dude has said a lot of ish in his lifetime but if he really did say that, I'll be shocked. Gosh, that's one of the most embarrassing statements from any rapper shocked shocked shocked.

I say it again and again, Biggie swallows Nas up. Biggie elevated the rap game for me more than Nas (though I have a lot of respect for Nas). There's no east coast rapper who ranks above Biggie in my mind, dead or alive.

And, Nas said who's equal to who? That ain't clear from your post.

@Hannibal
Em's a great rapper. But rating him above Nas Na, that ain't right at all. You see, this is really getting interesting, topic here was Nas V. Jay-Z, then the whole thang drifted off to Biggie V. Pac. Now, I can't even mention all those other names that suddenly appeared in this thread. For me 'neways, Em is tight but ain't nutin compared to Nas.

And really, I don't feel Fiddy so much like Hannibal does. Just a few tracks here and there. That can't be the future of rap for me. And who is? Let's just wait an' see cool

Maybe I don't have a list of the top ten or whatever rappers but looking through the names mentioned here so far, my A-Class rappers would always be Pac and Biggie. Then comes Nas. Then comes Em. They're just the best for me. These cats got the best use of rhymes, lyrics, wordplay, metaphors, vivid imageries, figurative expressions, name it. They represent everything you're looking for in rap..

My ol' school are Rakim, KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G. Rap.

And lastly on my good rappers' list would come Ludacris (this guy's good), Jay-Z, Redman ("Da Goodness" is one of my best rap tracks ever), Mos' Def ("Oh No" - what a track!!!) Obie Trice, Lupe, DMX (in his prime), Xhibit, Snoop, Dr. Dre, Fiddy (some guys don't know - this is 50 Cent, not Diddy), Kanye West and maybe I forgot some.

And I'm not forcing all that down anyone's throat. It's MY OPINION. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2008
Bamsyle:

@Hannibal
Em's a great rapper. But rating him above Nas Na, that ain't right at all. You see, this is really getting interesting, topic here was Nas V. Jay-Z, then the whole thang drifted off to Biggie V. Pac. Now, I can't even mention all those other names that suddenly appeared in this thread. For me 'neways, Em is tight but ain't nutin compared to Nas.

And really, I don't feel Fiddy so much like Hannibal does. Just a few tracks here and there. That can't be the future of rap for me. And who is? Let's just wait an' see cool

Maybe I don't have a list of the top ten or whatever rappers but looking through the names mentioned here so far, my A-Class rappers would always be Pac and Biggie. Then comes Nas. Then comes Em. They're just the best for me. These cats got the best use of rhymes, lyrics, wordplay, metaphors, vivid imageries, figurative expressions, name it. They represent everything you're looking for in rap..

My ol' school are Rakim,  KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G. Rap.

And lastly on my good rappers' list would come Ludacris (this guy's good), Jay-Z, Redman ("Da Goodness" is one of my best rap tracks ever), Mos' Def ("Oh No" - what a track!!!) Obie Trice, Lupe, DMX (in his prime), Xhibit, Snoop, Dr. Dre, Fiddy (some guys don't know - this is 50 Cent, not Diddy), Kanye West and maybe I forgot some.

And I'm not forcing all that down anyone's throat. It's MY OPINION. cool

We all have our preferences . . . . . .
Trust me, Nas' went off the boil after God's Son. . . . .Street Disciple and Hip Hop Is Dead weren't really as classic like anything Nas would do.
In those years, Eminem really showed a WHITE MAN can rap. . . . All his albums to date are Hip Hop classics.

I like Jigga, Redman, Meth, WU-family, Lost Boys, D12, Obie and many other rappers keeping it real.
Meanwhile, the new generation rappers have been shyte. . . .I can't spend a dime on MIMS or Lil Wayne or Soljah Boy.
Anyways, it feels good there are few hardcore rap fans in this section.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2008
@kaydee
Dont be a clown?How many songs has Biggie made any reference to Nas? they where not on the same plateau Big was way higher by the way how do we know the geezer is not making shit up?You aint a good rap analyst if you base an MC on one track why not lets judge them album for album

@onyinye
Dont mind anybody on current form Lupe eats Fiddy raw.The Cool is arguably one of the best rap albums around at the moment

@eldee
Why do you think Hov is international he is a freakin UN ambassador and headlining the Glastonbury tour only headlines his importance he is worldwide dawg

Eminem is good but seriously he has lost it! listening to his latest works are further proof as for Fiddy i dont rate him higher than Soulja boy right now that dude doesnt have nothing to rap about just listen to his songs the same old bore

The best rapper alive is still Iceberg Slim
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
I used to like Obie back in the day them 8 mile days when he came out with Adrenaline Rush (never heard so many cuss words on a hook b4)

Lupe has his unique style he doesnt need to go commercial and his album sales are doing pretty good compared to other rappers at this pace he can become a legend if he is consistent

@chiogo and onyinye
Please dont tell me you havent heard Paris to Tokyo

Lupe is the shiznit
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
I love them multies on "superstar"

@ A-40
Did U listen to "Last Real Nigga Alive".U're saying shit U dunno,if he wasn't saying the truth,hommies who hanged out with Biggie will tell him he made it all up.Why did Raekwon diss Biggie? I ain't saying Nas is better than Biggie and it's vice versa.

"Illmatic" Vs "Ready to Die" Don't go there!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
Just thinking of Memphis Bleek Jay'z protege, and i cant help but laugh, one decent verse in 10 years.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by onyinye2(f): 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
A-40:

I used to like Obie back in the day them 8 mile days when he came out with Adrenaline Rush (never heard so many cuss words on a hook before)

Lupe has his unique style he doesnt need to go commercial and his album sales are doing pretty good compared to other rappers at this pace he can become a legend if he is consistent

@chiogo and onyinye
Please don't tell me you havent heard Paris to Tokyo

Lupe is the shiznit

of course i have heard that song. it is one of my favorite songs. wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ A-40,

I can see you are living in the past. . . .
How can anyone compare Lupe to Fiddy Cent.
Before u blow a gasket, rush to the nearest store and get G-unit's latest studio album: T.O.S.
Come back here after listening to lap up your vomit. tongue tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by doyin13(m): 12:18am On Jul 02, 2008
Lupe is a far better rapper than all the G- Unit peeps put together.

As for your infatuation with 'Fiddy'. He is not even the best rapper on the G-Unit.
Young Buck is a more capable rapper.

Its so obvious to any mature head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.