Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Toyota Corolla Doesn’t Start At Once In The Morning - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Doesn’t Start At Once In The Morning (5894 Views)

Help Diagnose An Engine That Wont Start At Once / Car AC Works Well Only In The Morning And Evening But Struggles In Hot Afternoon / 5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Toyota Corolla Doesn’t Start At Once In The Morning by sammily(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
sammily:
I'm having similar issue with my 06 corolla, I'm planning to take it to the mechanic tomorrow. I will follow the advises I've gotten from these post, hopefully I too will overcome this problem

So I took my Corolla to the mechanic and he adviced I changed the fuel pump and the cold start sensor, which I did and thankfully the hard starting issue was resolved completely. The previous fuel pump filter was actually dirty (its was black), the strainer too was partly blocked so I had to change the pump/filter/stainer/check valve assembly (they come as a unit). Got tokunbo.

Lost some coolant as the cold start sensor was changed as it is connected to the collant channel on the engine block, so prepare to top up your coolant after the change if you are considering same option.

The problem now is that I am getting error code P0441 and P0455 as show below, I've cleared it but keeps coming back every few days of drive. Did anyone also have the check engine code and how did you clear?

Re: Toyota Corolla Doesn’t Start At Once In The Morning by sammily(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
dapotemi:
I finally solve this problem on my 06 corolla.. I change cold switch, change fuel pump, service almost every part of d car yet no solution.... Until i got to a new mechanic and he said its fuel pump again.. I told him i have change fuel pump but he insisted its fuel pump, so i bought another fuel pump, complete assy for 14k and the problem disappear... Car is driving normal and its over 2 month now.. My Mech says when u switched off ur car, some fuel returns back to the engine while some will stays in the engine or in d fuel line, a good fuel pump is meant to hold the little fuel in d engine in terms of pressure. It is that little fuel in the engine that will be used to START ur car whenever you want to drive out, before the fuel in ur tank will start coming up... Most times, a bad pump will not hold pressure, that means when u off ur engine, ALL the fuel returns back to the tank..

Glad you were able to solve yours, had similar experience and ended up changing my fuelpump and the cold start sensor. Did you get any Check engine light after yours was changed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Causes Of Windscreen Glass Shattering On Its Own Accord? / Differences In Toyota Matrix / Carbon Cleaning For Your Engine Is Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.