Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi (13183 Views)

2023 Presidency: Okowa Laments, Says Peter Obi’s Emergence Will Affect PDP / Abu Usamah Killed! Boko Haram Commander Dies Of Gunshot Injuries In Borno / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by IamHeWrites: 9:02am On Jan 20, 2021
Says IT guru David Ntekim-Rex didn’t deserve untimely death

Former vice-presidential candidate Peter Obi on Tuesday mourned David Ntekim-Rex who was shot dead by robbers in Jibowu area of Lagos on January 15, Igbere TV reports.

According to a tale of the incident narrated on Twitter by Roy Mustang who identified himself as the deceased’s cousin, the 22-year-old was attacked around 8pm while returning home.

The incident has generated outrage from the populace, with many calling for improved security.

Mr Obi wrote on Twitter that Ntekim-Rex did not deserve to die in such manner.

“I am saddened by the killing of innocent and hard-working young Nigerian, David Ntekim Rex, in the hands of armed robbers due to worsening insecurity in our country,” he said.

“David, and indeed any other citizen, does not deserve this untimely death because the Compulsory Treatment and Care for Victims of Gunshot Act (2017), makes their treatment lawful.”

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1351488160321183744?s=20

Ntekim-Rex was pronounced dead at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).

Obi urged governments and institutions
“at all levels to urgently direct that gunshot patients be treated without police report in line with our laws. The hospitals can inform the police of such a patient while he or she is undergoing treatment.”

He added: “May the Almighty God grant David eternal rest and his family and friends the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss.”

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1351488165299843072?s=20

In 2018, as a computer engineering student at the University of Lagos, Ntekim-Rex emerged second in the annual Master the Mainframe competition, organised by AngelHack a global hackathon company and the IBM Z Academic Initiative.

Lalasticlala

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Righteousness2(m): 9:08am On Jan 20, 2021
Nigeria as a Nation and We Nigerians( The occupiers of the Land) need Spirtual, Physical and Mental overhauling.

From the Ordinary Citizens to those Privileged to be in Government establishments and all that.

So much Hate, Dead Conscience and Wicked Hearts Everywhere.

You might blame Pmb today , but in your little comer, the Hateful venom you spill out is capable of killing your Neighbor, your Spouse and your fellow citizens.

Nigeria as a Whole and Nigerians as Citizens need a Genuie Encounter with JESUS Christ..

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Ilivepro: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Okay
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Marvieduke(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Sincerely it saddens my heart too bcoz that guy didn't deserve that untimely death but for those robbers behind his death I pray God Almighty should expose them with serious affliction. Amen

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Jimmy231: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2021
y
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by spartan50(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Bleep Nigeria

1 Like

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Muhylonaire007: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Ok
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by 33best: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Hmmm

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by cescky(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Hmm
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Abboki: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Thegracefulness: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Read about his unfortunate death. Learnt he was a Product Designer, and lived around Jibowu area in Lagos. And then on a certain day around 8 p.m, as he was returning home, armed robbers attacked and shot him.

The infuriating thing is that Police were alerted after the attack, but they watched him bleed to death, taking pictures and wondering what he was doing with a Laptop—even LUTH Doctors refused to administer treatment till he was pronounced dead.

I was among a conversation where I read a statement somebody made.
They said; everyday I live and walk around with fear just because I don’t trust the system to save me when I’m in need.

“For those of you that still believe in prayers, your prayer point everyday should be may Nigeria never happen to you.”

There was David, Onifade, Anthony Unuode, Tina Ezekwe. There’s a thousand more—a recurring disability in our societal system. Children are just trying to survive in a society where you have stolen away their future from them.
I pray to God Nigeria does not be the death of me.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by southsouthking(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Naija on Auto Cruise
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by winterfell007(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2021
that's very thoughtful of you Mr. Peter. Nigeria is truly a weird nation undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by CryptoClub2018: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2021
This laws are there as well as other laws that will ensure the protection of lives and property in the country. However, what we have is lawless people and poor institutions that fails to ensure strict implementation of those laws with consequences for law breakers. We will continue to experience such lawlessness until we have strong institutions with topnotch integrity that will ensure strict compliance to established laws of the land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Wartsnigeria: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2021
Politicians are now taking advantage of this, saraki jumped on it, now Peter obi, because it is trending, do you know how many people died in the fire incident yesterday? They won't talk about that because it is not trending in Twitter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Angelfrost(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2021
That hospital needs to be sanctioned... All those on duty arrested and charged, starting from the Medical director. Justice must be served fully!!!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by cococandy(f): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2021
Because they are not affected by it. That’s why it’s still not enforced legally

5 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Dejicano(m): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Inteligent Words Sir, many ppl have died due to this nonsense Law.

5 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by AK481(m): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Hope he wasn’t killed by cultist.

Hope he is not involved in game .

All angles should be checked ..

But why should doctor reject a patient
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Lamanii22(f): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Too much negligence in this country.... C'mon CCTV on the street we don't have
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Miracle2020: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Useless fool called Peter obi. Peter, PDP and their terrorist urchins called for the banning of SARS, knowing fully well that SARS were dealing a great blow to the armed robbers, now who will they blame?
Who knows, maybe the young man's life would have been safe by SARS.
Foolish hypocrite like Peter obi can only decieve ipob bastards.
I have no RIP to waste.
ENJOY YOUR ENDSARS.

4 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by obailala(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2021
I think the only effective way to reverse the barbaric rule where hospitals don't treat gunshot victims until a police report is gotten is to criminalise the act of not treating gunshot victims... By the time one or two hospitals are heavily sanctioned or even sealed for not treating victims, then the message would effectively be spread.

20 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by samwheel(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Dis country eh, person must sha die before we get brain to do d right thing.
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by obailala(m): 10:23am On Jan 20, 2021
Miracle2020:
Useless fool called Peter obi. Peter, PDP and their terrorist urchins called for the banning of SARS, knowing fully well that SARS were dealing a great blow to the armed robbers, now who will they blame?
Who knows, maybe the young man's life would have been safe by SARS.
Foolish hypocrite like Peter obi can only decieve ipob bastards.
I have no RIP to waste.
ENJOY YOUR ENDSARS.
So ENDSARS has now turned to an ApC vs PDP thing? It was PDP people that organised EndSARS?... Anyway, there's no surprise here; after all, some unfortunate fellows also claimed it was APC that organised 2012 protests rejecting fuel price increase.

14 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by VULCAN(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Your post would have been perfect but you just had to remind us that you are a coded PMB supporter aka BMC

Jonathan was to blame but PMB is not to blame.

That is the stark hypocrisy of every single one of you BMCs

Righteousness2:
Nigeria as a Nation and We Nigerians( The occupiers of the Land) need Spirtual, Physical and Mental overhauling.

From the Ordinary Citizens to those Privileged to be in Government establishments and all that.

So much Hate, Dead Conscience and Wicked Hearts Everywhere.

You might blame Pmb today , but in your little comer, the Hateful venom you spill out is capable of killing your Neighbor, your Spouse and your fellow citizens.

Nigeria as a Whole and Nigerians as Citizens need a Genuie Encounter with JESUS Christ..

3 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Nigeria failed that young man. God punish the doctors and nurses in that hospital

3 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Miracle2020: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2021
Thegracefulness:
Read of this young man’s unfortunate death. Learnt he was a Product Designer, and lived around Jibowu area in Lagos. And then on a certain day around 8 p.m, as he was returning home, armed robbers attacked and shot him.

Now, the infuriating thing is that Police were alerted after the attack, but they watched him bleed to death, taking pictures of him and wondering what he was doing with a Laptop—even LUTH Doctors refused to administer treatment till he was pronounced dead.

I was among a conversation where I read a statement somebody made.
They said; everyday I live and walk around with fear just because I don’t trust the system to save me when I’m in need. The Police will fail you! The Doctors and Nurses will fail you! The System will fail you!”

“For those of you that still believe in prayers!! your prayer point everyday should be “May Nigeria never happen to you.

There was David, there was Onifade, there was Anthony Unuode, and Tina Ezekwe. There’s a thousand more—a recurring disability in our societal system. Children are just trying to survive in a society where you have stolen away their future from them.
I pray to God Nigeria does not be the death of me.
is it the same police men that you guys were killing in Lagos? Is it the same police men that you guys burnt alive? Is it the same police men that you guys burn down their patrol vehicles and police stations?
Infact any police man that foolishly allow himself to be killed in the name of rescuing ungrateful terrorist youths. Will have himself to blame.
ENJOY YOUR ENDSARS.
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Miracle2020: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2021
obailala:
So ENDSARS has now turned to an ApC vs PDP thing? It was PDP people that organised EndSARS?... Anyway, there's no surprise here; after all, some unfortunate fellows also claimed it was APC that organised 2012 protests rejecting fuel price increase.
thank God you know. I thought you will not bring your brain back.
Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by obailala(m): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2021
Miracle2020:
thank God you know. I thought you will not bring your brain back.
Nothing ever happened to my brain; I was actually questioning the stability of yours in my last post. I'm not surprised you couldn't figure that out.

10 Likes

Re: David Nketim-Rex: Treatment Of Gunshot Patients Lawful, Says Peter Obi by Miracle2020: 10:41am On Jan 20, 2021
The man was killed by innocent armed robbers (according to endsars). If the police had intervene and kill one of the armed robbers, people would have started shouting that the police killed an innocent man.
Enjoy your endsars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC, DSS Probe Samuel Ogundipe, Peoples Gazette Editor - News Diary Online / Fashola And Rochas Okorocha Visit Ladipo Market. Pics.. / CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.