Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,574 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot (1984 Views)

2015: Apc’ll Win On First Ballot – Ngige / Buhari May Win At The First Ballot--us Based Organisation / Polls: Jonathan To Win At First Ballot - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot .Saturday, 02 April 2011 01:15 Amina Alhassan Ahman, Abuja

The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) may win next weekend’s presidential election on the first ballot, a study has revealed from Washington, USA. This is countering speculations that opposition parties might field a joint candidate against the incumbent president, Goodluck Jonathan.

The study, which was conducted by a US-based independent organisation that operates internationally and stands for humanitarian interest of all Nigerian citizens and for a transparent democracy- Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria (FADIN), revealed that Buhari is the most preferred presidential candidate among 67 percent of Nigerian registered voters. The report also revealed that a record number of Nigerians at home would be massively voting at the National Assembly polls today.

President and CEO of FADIN and coordinator of the study, Mr. Saidu Nda Ugonoh who has presided as electoral officer monitoring and supervising millions of registered voters in the State of Virginia, USA, said that Nigerians are ready to protect their votes and will not vote blindly for unfit candidates in the series of elections, stressing that, the outcome of the polls will see Buhari winning in the South-west and all over the north, while the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN will win the local elections in Lagos if politicians would allow the electorates to vote without snatching of ballot papers or boxes. He disclosed that Nigerians are now beginning to be motivated to vote for credible leaders with concrete issues that matter to them for the first time since 1999.

The study carried out by Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria FADIN, shows Buhari in the lead by a majority in the North with 89.1 percent and South-West, 65.1 percent respectively. In a shocker, the study shows Buhari coming close to the required 25 per cent short by 3 percent, while the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan in the South-South had 41.1 per cent.

According to the survey, the low rating of President Jonathan will transmit a negative advantage of PDP candidates as voters clamour for a total sweeping change. Buhari is expected to sweep the polls in the South-West underlining political forces in the region. The Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN will do well in many of the states in the South-West.

It will be recalled that FADIN was an accredited international election observer in Nigeria during the 1999 and 2003 general elections and during the 1999 election, Mr. Ugonoh worked closely with world leaders such as former U.S Secretary of State, Colin Powel, former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair and former US President, Jimmy Carter.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2011
I agree with this report, and I will show you evidence.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari in Zaria-Kaduna,

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Beaf: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari in Jigawa,

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari in Maiduguri,

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari in Minna,

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari in Ibadan,

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
Another Ibadan, in "Aso Ebi"

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
Even in Warri,

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Asobank: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
Very cheap story. It will sound so funny if told to the birds. seriously,it is so clear that this trash has Buhaha, i mean buhari's hands written all over it. Another failed attempt to manipulate people's vote,which he truly does not deserve,to his favour. how shameful!
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by babytoun: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why am i happy with this report? simply becuase it confirms that even buhari's staunch supporters know that it will require impossible manipulations to make buhari win this election.

A smart BB fan would not have started this thread expecially when it contains statements like this:

The study carried out by Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria FADIN, shows Buhari in the lead by a majority in the North with 89.1 percent and South-West, 65.1 percent respectively. In a shocker, the study shows Buhari coming close to the required 25 per cent short by 3 percent, while the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan in the South-South had 41.1 per cent.

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
You will all be shocked when the figure starts rolling in. Note that Buhari does not need to even get a single vote from SS and SE to win this election.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by babytoun: 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
How old are you? ****oya run , go and play with your toys**** cool cool cool
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by efisher(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2011
For those who play "CROWD POLITICS", this is something for you to think about.

"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts"

The attached picture shows the Plateau State Labour Party  governorship candidate, Mrs. Pauline Tallen, at a rally in Jos.

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by cdoffx(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
For me i believe in the pedigree of Buhari as a military head of state especially WAI so why not him?
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
Is that crowd? Even Akala of Oyo state will say he is a crowd puller if the above is what make a  polician a crowd puller.

See below an example of crow and compare.

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by efisher(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
cdoffx:

For me i believe in the pedigree of Buhari as a military head of state especially WAI so why not him?

WAI was not only a war against indiscipline, but a war against [b]I[/b]nformation. It was also an avenue for him to [b]I[/b]nfringe on the basic human rights of Nigerians. Nigerians were [b]I[/b]ntimidated and treated as dogs during his regime. He fiercely persecuted the press and made life miserable for them.

He was able to achieve all he achieved by the koboko. That strategy cannot work for him in a democratic setting! If his major tool of governance cannot function in today's Nigeria what else does he have to offer?

I respect Buhari as one of our those who has contributed to the building of our nation one way or the other. But that is as far as it goes. He should remain in the background and not at the fore front. We need a president who has the strength and skills necessary to pilot the affairs of the nation as it is today. Nigeria is about to enter into an era of economic and technological explosion, enough to set us amongst the world's leading economies. The world is waiting for Nigeria to break into the limelight and we need a president that can safely spearhead that effort. A look at the other aspirants will reveal that they have more to offer Nigeria as far as the key issues are concerned.

If we really need change, we should go for outright change and not try to recycle Something out of Nothing.

Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by timbuktwo: 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
this poll is just as reliable as any of the other nonsense polls released over the last few weeks.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Rossikk(m): 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Wadeoye said:

You will all be shocked when the figure starts rolling in. Note that Buhari does not need to even get a single vote from SS and SE to win this election.

I can't believe you just wrote that.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Rossikk(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
CHECK OUT THE BB PIX IN IBADAD,BEHIND THE ASO-EBI WEARING GUYS,MOST OF THE GUYS AT THE BACKGROUND ARE NORTHERNERS shocked shocked shocked

THAT TELLS YOU THAT,THE WHOLE BB THING IS ONLY POPULAR AMONG THE NORTHERNERS,RIBADU HAS POLITICAL STRUCTURES IN BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH,HE IS MORE ACCEPTABLE TO NIGERIANS.
VOTE RIBADU 2011,HE IS YOUNG AND CAPABLE.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by jason123: 12:24am On Apr 03, 2011
@ OP
I like your support and candidate but by making this statement below shows that Buhari is an ETHNIC BIGOT. I love his anti-corruption stance and all but please NEVER make such a statement again. Thank you.

Wadeoye:

Secondly, GEJ has will get more votes in the SW than Buhari, trust me on this. Moreover, the SS and SE is on lock down for GEJ. All GEJ needs to do is win a few North central states and that is it. Forget internet talks, PDP has more structures on ground than CPC sad . Btw, remember that the SW is occupied by Igbos and SSouthers after the Yourbas. Even the Yorubas will not vote for BUHARI. They will either vote for Ribadu or GEJ.

In as much as we all want this cuntry to move forward and all, ethnic and regional politics take over common sense as it is displayed by GEJ and Buhari supporters. All in all, I expect a run off or GEJ to win by a small margin, if not, then GEJ better get ready to use the military because the two largest regions will go mad in Nigeria.
[size=14pt]
God bless Nigeria!!!!
[/size]
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by seal777(m): 1:45am On Apr 03, 2011
To dissapoint u,i am yoruba from ogun state and 7 of us in our house goes for Buhari excluding my step mum which i am sure wil join b4 d polls.

U guys re quick to mention igbos in SW,forgotten d hausa communities too(shitta,idi araba and sabo yaba to mention few).Nt 4gettin there re Sabos in al southwest states,igala,ebira etc).Dont get carried away,election is near. Seeing is believing
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by jason123: 2:14am On Apr 03, 2011
seal777:

To dissapoint u,i am yoruba from ogun state and 7 of us in our house goes for Buhari excluding my step mum which i am sure wil join b4 d polls.

U guys re quick to mention igbos in SW,forgotten d hausa communities too(shitta,idi araba and sabo yaba to mention few).Nt 4gettin there re Sabos in al southwest states,igala,ebira etc).Dont get carried away,election is near. Seeing is believing

Yes, you are yoruba, and you and your friends are voting for Buhari but that is just you guys. The majority of Yorubas that I have spoken to are voting for GEJ first even before Ribadu because of this southern sentiment.

BTW, the Igbos and Ssoutherners in SW are certainly more than the other groups you mentioned.
All in all, in as much as I do not support GEJ because of SS sentiments or Regional sentiment, I really do not see Buhari winning outright. Forget SS and SE. The SW will be 60% GEJ, 30% Ribadu and 8-10% Buharu with the remaining 2% going to other parties.
But one thing is certain, GEJ CANNOT win be a large margin without trouble. Its going to be a close call.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by tantayu(m): 4:28am On Apr 03, 2011
Why do the heathens rage
And imagine a vain thing!!!

I pray you wouldn't need to hug that transformer after all
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by dayokanu(m): 4:34am On Apr 03, 2011
jason123:

Secondly, GEJ has will get more votes in the SW than Buhari, trust me on this. Moreover, the SS and SE is on lock down for GEJ. All GEJ needs to do is win a few North central states and that is it. Forget internet talks, PDP has more structures on ground than CPC sad . Btw, remember that the SW is occupied by Igbos and SSouthers after the Yourbas. Even the Yorubas will not vote for BUHARI. They will either vote for Ribadu or GEJ.

Have you noticed that majority of BB supporters on NL are Yorubas?

I dare say on NL, Yorubas support BB more than any candidate
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Jarus(m): 7:17am On Apr 03, 2011
I will not put my money on this poll, just like the earlier Thisday poll, I am just waiting for April 9-11.

On BB winning without SE and SW, it's not bigotry, it's a statement of possibility. It's like reminding us that 'Obj won in 1999 without SW' recall SW almost equals SE + SS voters. In 1999, before announcement of presidential elections result, I never knew there was a party as PDP. When I was listening to radio and hearing PDP on in so so so states, I was asking which party was PDP. This was because in my LG in Kwara, only Saraki's APP and Yoruba's AD were known. I am sure in my many LGs in SW states in 1999 they never heard of PDP. This is for those who say CPC cannot win because it doesn't have national structure. In 1999, PDP was not national enough, yet they won presidential election.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Jarus(m): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2011
I mean 'On PDP winning without SE and SS' in my earlier poll, not SW. Posting from phone, can't modify.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by Wadeoye(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2011
@Whoever says Jonathan will win SW is deceiving himself. What has PDP done for the people of SW that will make them vote for him? Yes, he will get some votes in Lagos from PDP members but how many are they? Majority of voters in Lagos are not politicians. Even the so called Igbo population in Lagos will not vote massively for Jonathan. I was shocked on Friday when I was discussing with a core Igbo man in my former company and he said he would vote for BB and mentioned other colleagues who are also igbos that would vote for BB. When people come on NL here and start typing rubbish from their dirty keyboards, I wonder where they got their information that all Igbos in Lagos will vote for GEJ.

To shock you, the population of hausas in Lagos is very huge as well and their vote is 100% for BB. Go to Agage, go to mile 12, go to Ikeja, go to surulere, go to everywhere there is a market (apart from electronic/motor spare parts markets) - you will see hausas everywhere. While the Igbo votes will be divided between igbos that want good leadership and those who are ethnic/religious bigots, the hausas votes in Lagos will be intact, 100% for BB ticket.

For the yorubas, PDP will get some votes but I can assure you that Buhari will win more aggregate votes in South West than GEJ and may even win SW eventually. Lots of underground works are going on and I can assure you, only the PDP members who trive on corruption will vote for PDP - and of course, the ignorant ones. Majority will vote for ACN and Buhari. Buhari is known across the south west more than any other candidates and it has been very easy to sell to people. Buhari's name here is stronger than any party structure of corruption that PDP has built. That structure will be uprooted by the people.

Buhari will win Ogun and Oyo states will vote enmass for Buhari - go and ask Akala of oyo state and he will tell you the presidential contestants in Oyo state. The contest is between GEJ and Buhari. How will GEJ/OBJ win in Oyo state?

Wait and see.
Re: Polls: Buhari To Win At The First Ballot by 9ijaMan: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2011
@Wadeoye,
Thanks for giving those GEJ babies a taste of their own medicine!`

(1) (Reply)

One Nigeria: What Do You Think / Boko Haram Cursed By Bishop Oyedepo / Annulment Of Middle Belt &making Hausa minority,why I dont like 6 zone By Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.