Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures (11097 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / Labourers Find Biafra Pounds Hidden In Bottle And Buried During Biafran War / Israeli Man Tags Nigeria A "Terrible Country" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Most people missed this
Why are we so brainless as black people!?

"how many biafran people for British profits"

Everybody knows Nigeria is a British business center except the foooolish Nigerians living in the contraption

14 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by ItsTutsi(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
Buhari is the current president and living his best life at the comfort of his turf dear!!

peace and karma are not served base on ur emotions, feelings and sentiments honey!! save ur tears for when u get to meet the coward Ojukwu and ask him whether he expected a pat at the back for declaring war against a nation
Pochettino:
Buhari and Awolowo's lineage will never know peace. I type this with tears in my eyes. cry

2 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Never again should we fight a war separation is not the solution

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:24pm On Jan 20, 2021

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Although I am not happy with the government, I don't think war will change them.
The government refers to a group of people who have feelings too.
So,they are ready to fight any relevant threat to their existence as humans by hook or crook.
The desire for separation is not the plan for separation.
Since there is no practicable plan for separation, I don't think it should happen.
If you won't gain anything from war, what's the essence of fighting

Exactly well said my friend

1 Like

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by AmbaliJ: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Wait did ojukwu starve thw people? Are you sure ?

I thought it was Nigeria that initiated a blockade

That's what I was led to believe

He refused to accept food from the Nigerian side, arguing that the Nigerian government would poison the food. And the food that still managed to enter Biafra from Nigeria was cornered and hoarded by the Biafran soldiers (who kept them for themselves and their families) who refused to share them with the civilians.

When the Nigerian side realized this, it decided that since it was the soldiers that were feeding fat on the humanitarian relief and food, why continue feeding the soldiers so that they can continue fighting a war they can't win, when the food wasn't even getting to those that needed it the most - - the starving Biafran civilians.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
AmbaliJ:

He refused to accept food from the Nigerian side, arguing that the Nigerian government would poison the food. And the food that still managed to enter Biafra from Nigeria was cornered and hoarded by the soldiers (who kept them for themselves and their families) and who refused to share them with the civilians.

When the Nigerian side realized this, it decided that since it was the soldiers that were feeding fat on the humanitarian relief and food, why continue feeding the soldiers so that they can continue fighting a war they can't win, when the food wasn't even getting to those that needed it the most - - the starving Biafran civilians.

No I don't believe this

I refuse to

This cannot be true

What sort of monster would do such ? It is a lie I do not believe this or rather I can't believe this

If this is true do you realize what you are saying ?

Ojukwu was a beast then and monster
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Aditkd(f): 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

I dislike reading or discussing any topic pertaining to the civil war.
Ha! We igbo's lost a lot and even till now we haven't recovered from those losses.
I don't wish us to have to experience any thing of that nature.
When my parents and grandparents recount their experiences and losses that occurred during and after the war I weep.
Please, we can have anything we want without going to war.
My dad still has a pellet from the war inside his leg.
My mum said she was 8 years of age when she saw a woman drowinig her own child because the child refused to stop crying and if nothing was done, that child's cry would have exposed them in the pond they were hiding in.
Just from one pathetic story to another.
Is it Grandparents who forever lament their losses due to the war.
I pray that peace will always reign in our hearts and environs and that love and tolerance will heal all hurts. Blessings evergreen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Sad End Of Sunday Igboho / Igbos Should Participate In Census Wherever They Are – Ohanaeze Counters IPOB / A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.