Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures (11110 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / Labourers Find Biafra Pounds Hidden In Bottle And Buried During Biafran War / Israeli Man Tags Nigeria A "Terrible Country" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by mohims(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
May we never experience such again. War is not good

3 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Aditkd:

I dislike reading or discussing any topic pertaining to the civil war.
Ha! We igbo's lost a lot and even till now we haven't recovered from those losses.
I don't wish us to have to experience any thing of that nature.
When my parents and grandparents recount their experiences and losses that occurred during and after the war I weep.
Please, we can have anything we want without going to war.
My dad still has a pellet from the war inside his leg.
My mum said she was 8 years of age when she saw a woman drowinig her own child because the child refused to stop crying and if nothing was done, that child's cry would have exposed them in the pond they were hiding in.
Just from one pathetic story to another.
Is it Grandparents who forever lament their losses due to the war.
I pray that peace will always reign in our hearts and environs and that love and tolerance will heal all hurts. Blessings evergreen.

Kai sad

No more ever again

Amen to that

1 Like

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by demmie1: 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Wait did ojukwu starve the people? Are you sure?

I thought it was Nigeria that initiated a blockade

That's what I was led to believe

Yes ojukwu starved those people.
He should have planned enough to know the possible outcomes of the war.
He should have gathered enough international support before starting a war.
He should have gathered enough resources to fight the war
He should have made enough provision for his people before going to war
He should have started defensive which was more efficient than wasting resources attacking
He should not have bragged about his capabilities when he's not capable
Natural response to weaken Biafra was to blockade it, it's as natural as breathing and if ojukwu tells us he didn't see that coming then he's either a drool or a devil.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
mohims:
May we never experience such again. War is not good

At all my brother

Amen
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
chai....biafrans were not ready for war atall atall....

ojukwu was rantin nonesense back then....

wood rifles....

chai....
nigerian army would have finished all of una off....

be happy they didnt had mindsets like nazis in germany....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by AmbaliJ: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

No I don't believe this

I refuse to

This cannot be true

What sort of monster would do such ? It is a lie I do not believe this or rather I can't believe this

If this is true do you realize what you are saying ?

Ojukwu was a beast then and monster

That's the unbiased rendition of events that took place in that war dude. Ojukwu wanted the Biafran state to remain at any cost, so much so that he was willing to sacrifice as many igbos as necessary. He realized early on that images of starving and emaciated Biafran kids could be a very powerful propaganda tool, and he maximized it to the fullest, in the hopes that it would shame the Nigerian side into pariah status in the eyes of the world, and hopefully lead to an outcome that would favour the Biafrans. Unfortunately, that strategy failed.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pochettino:
The handiwork of Buhari, Gowon, Muritala, OBJ, Awolowo, etc. Heartless souls that will continue to burn in hell till eternity.

and how about those igbo officers that started the nonesense....??
how do you wake up in the morning and start killin people....??

elected people....!!

no no....if you igbos dont like democracy,then say it....!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by mohims(m): 6:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

At all my brother

Amen
God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Sammy07: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Aditkd:

I dislike reading or discussing any topic pertaining to the civil war.
Ha! We igbo's lost a lot and even till now we haven't recovered from those losses.
I don't wish us to have to experience any thing of that nature.
When my parents and grandparents recount their experiences and losses that occurred during and after the war I weep.
Please, we can have anything we want without going to war.
My dad still has a pellet from the war inside his leg.
My mum said she was 8 years of age when she saw a woman drowinig her own child because the child refused to stop crying and if nothing was done, that child's cry would have exposed them in the pond they were hiding in.
Just from one pathetic story to another.
Is it Grandparents who forever lament their losses due to the war.
I pray that peace will always reign in our hearts and environs and that love and tolerance will heal all hurts. Blessings evergreen.

That is why your governors, politicians, senators, house of rep took their hands off anything Igbos or anything that will bring civil war.

Because they experience it and were affected in one way or the other.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
AmbaliJ:

That's the unbiased rendition of events that took place in that war dude. Ojukwu wanted the Biafran state to remain at any cost, so much so that he was willing to sacrifice as many igbos as necessary. He realized early on that images of starving and emaciated Biafran kids could be a very powerful propaganda tool, and he maximized it to the fullest, in the hopes that it would shame the Nigerian side into pariah status in the eyes of the world, and hopefully lead to an outcome that would favour the Biafrans. Unfortunately, that strategy failed.

My goodness

Are you sure ? Do you have links I can go read ?
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pochettino:
Buhari and Awolowo's lineage will never know peace. I type this with tears in my eyes. cry

look....you can either move on or stick to the past and repeat it....its up to you igbos....
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 6:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
mohims:

God bless you bro

And you too my man

1 Like

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by demmie1: 6:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
AmbaliJ:

What we still refuse to realize in Africa is that these whites or whatever we like to call them don't give a rat shit about Africa as long as they make profit off the continent. They would not respond to Biafra dilemma cos they don't see it putting anything in their pockets
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Muna4real(f): 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
AmbaliJ:

He refused to accept food from the Nigerian side, arguing that the Nigerian government would poison the food. And the food that still managed to enter Biafra from Nigeria was cornered and hoarded by the soldiers (who kept them for themselves and their families) who refused to share them with the civilians.

When the Nigerian side realized this, it decided that since it was the soldiers that were feeding fat on the humanitarian relief and food, why continue feeding the soldiers so that they can continue fighting a war they can't win, when the food wasn't even getting to those that needed it the most - - the starving Biafran civilians.

What a lie. History has it that the supply of food to nndigbo from Nigeria was blocked. How then did food enter for ojukwu to reject?

Sometimes, the uselessness of Nigeria tends to have a mental effect of those who believe in the country. Don't you think? How can ojukwu starve the people he was fighting for? undecided

2 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
madmohamed:
don't maind them they think this is 1967 nndi Igbo want to revenge that war i personal will come back home and fight we have what it take to but Nigeria down just 5 small boy from Onitsha will sponsor that war. We have the money we have boys we have international community we have everything to finish Nigeria. If one man can whole Nigeria for tree years I wonder what hope did they have if millions of Biafra enter the war.

haha....we laugh in nigerian....

you think nigerian army is still the same like back then....??

nigeria has more deadlier weapons now....
and they know where to hunt you down....

2 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by SporaD8: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pochettino:
Buhari and Awolowo's lineage will never know peace. I type this with tears in my eyes. cry
...and you ignorantly left out the 2 major actors - Gowon and Ojukwo!

2 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by mohims(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

And you too my man
Amen. I wish everyone would realize that war is not good. If everyone can understand this, the world would be a better place to live in. But with all these Boko Haram and other islamic terrorist, it makes it nearly impossible!

3 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Charmingrascal(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pochettino:

But Ojukwu who ignited a war without considering the vulnerability of his people will know peace.

That's the path Kanu is towing and y'all see nothing wrong about it.

These pictures break my heart for real.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Sammy07:
Igbos = No Level.

They never fought war before, yet they went into war without tactics. grin

Awolowo only made 1 statement that changed everything.

Yoruba soldiers at Ore only did few tactics that made the Biafra soldiers not to enter Yoruba land

Yet they refuse to learn a thing or two from Yorubas, Benins, Germanys, US, UK, France.

All the aforementioned have been fighting wars before 1900.
They have had their own government, laws, army before 1900. Not the Igbos wey British
just discovered them in 1914 grin

Thank God for British in their lives grin

true true....they had no experience in it....
yorubas have been fighting wars before then....
northerners will just declare jihad on you....

1 Like

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Muna4real(f): 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
tsdarkside:

and how about those igbo officers that started the nonesense....??
how do you wake up in the morning and start killin people....??

elected people....!!

no no....if you igbos dont like democracy,then say it....!!

Abeg stop typing rubbish. The progorom was the cause of the war. Nobody will sit and watch his people being killed and roasted on the street because of a useless country. I don't know why you guys keep avoiding that part.

9 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Notasyouthink: 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Are you hallucinating? When your soldiers killed and robbed westerners and northerners during the coup they plotted , do they think there wouldn't be reprisal? And when your warmonger ojukwu didn't allow food to he transported by the United Nations into your region, you are blaming innocent people for your misgivings and greed.
A zoogerian will always lie to twist the fact haba.

Stop propagating falsehood we know what happened and why and how it all happened. Lying to change the narrative is dead on arrival.

4 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by King2019(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
Notasyouthink:
A zoogerian will always lie to twist the fact haba.

Stop propagating falsehood we know what happened and why and how it all happened. Lying to change the narrative is dead on arrival.
The guy is a northerner

4 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Muna4real(f): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
tsdarkside:

And because they had no experience in it, they should watch being killed? Did the fulanis have experience in jihad before they fought their first?

4 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by cocolacec(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
GofuckYourself:

the real victims of the war were the women and children.the male species is a destructive one filled with ego always looking for trouble and destruction when they can make peace.

2 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Sammy07: 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
tsdarkside:

Don't mind them.
If you tell them now.
They'll think you're fighting with them grin
I always shake head when they talk about Ilorin.

They didn't know Ilorin was an outpost of Oyo empire and not a cultural town initially.

I don't expect them to know the meaning of outpost in a war since they don't have experience in it before.
Benin people, British, americans, France and Germany would understand the meaning of out post town.

1 Like

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by HelpYourself(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
cocolacec:

the real victims of the war were the women and children.the male species is a destructive one filled with ego always looking for trouble and destruction when they can make peace.

I couldn't have said it better

My heart just broke seeing these pictures I cried like a baby.

These kids and women suffered heavily for the ego of some selfish men.

The karmic bond is so strong

#Neveragain

3 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Notasyouthink: 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
ItsTutsi:
sharap!! delusional nyamuri flat.head.. who told that chimpanzee looking creature Ojukwu to declare war when he was not ready, only for the coward to run away dressed like "Bianca the prostitute" after sacrificing 2m baban doya lives
The same useless old story that is full of lies and propaganda.

Was it ojukwu that declared war or gowon??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
Most people missed this
Why are we so brainless as black people!?

"how many biafran people for British profits"

Everybody knows Nigeria is a British business center except the foooolish Nigerians living in the contraption

we know,but it has changed to nigerian business....
british dont have no control over nigeria now....
ipob is talkin nonesense....
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by lanetrips: 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Was anyone ever held responsible for these atrocities and genocide against humanity?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by Prosperchuks1344(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
we will never 4get...

5 Likes

Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by tsdarkside(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
Sammy07:

Don't mind them.
If you tell them now.
They'll think you're fighting with them grin
I always shake head when they talk about Ilorin.

They didn't know Ilorin was an outpost of Oyo empire and not a cultural town initially.

I don't expect them to know the meaning of outpost in a war since they don't have experience in it before.
Benin people, British, americans, France and Germany would understand the meaning of out post town.

we have a duty to always tell them to stop before its too late....
no nigerian should keep quiet now....

when war starts its very hard to stop it....
Re: War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures by cocolacec(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
lanetrips:
Was anyone ever held responsible for these atrocities and genocide against humanity?

people and countries to held responsible were britain,france,israel,sweden,germany,ojukwu,gowon,ifejuna,effiong.these men failed to resolve their differences amicably due to selfishness,ego and pride but preferred to sacrifice the lives of innocent women and women for worthless venture.

war is an state where a narcissitic leader lead gullible masses to fight for him inorder to fulfill his selfish goal and aspiration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans / Buhari: Attempt To Destroy Nigeria Failed / Letter To Boko Haram: This Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.