Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? (3814 Views)

President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries / President Biden Resumes Work At Oval Office / Ghana Army Steps In To Stop Parliament Clash Ahead Of Swearing-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by pointblank247(m): 5:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Maybe it didn't shock you but it was a shock to me that no prayer was ended in the name of Jesus Christ during the swearing in, intact Jesus was never mentioned in any of the prayers by the clergys or anybody at the arena (I didn't watch the Thanksgiving service at the chapel ). I just realised that it's also not peculiar to the Biden's swearing in but the norm for the Americans.
This is not to criticize, but just that I'm wondering why we punctuate every line of our prayers with Jesus Christ (for the Christians) and Allah and Muhhammed (for the Muslims) yet our political class do not in any way reflect the life of Christ at all.
please where did we got it wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by blackpanda: 5:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Stop comparing nigeria to america. Same america voted racist evil trump, same america kills black folks at will and same america attacked their own congress. So everybody has their challenges.

That said, praying without being obvious about any particular religion is normal all over the world except the muslim countries. The idea is that most countries have citizens from all religions and so every political act should be big enough to include everyone regardless of their faith.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by Lincoln275(m): 5:53am On Jan 21, 2021
You that always end your prayer with Jesus name , you are still living in shit hole country

15 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by donyfrank: 5:56am On Jan 21, 2021
But they said according to the program of the event, it is "Church Service".
Why putting Church Service instead of "Congregation Service"

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by mu2sa2: 6:16am On Jan 21, 2021
Lincoln275:
You that always end your prayer with Jesus name , you are still living in shit hole country
And you are also together with him in the shithole. Chai, Shitholers!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by CuteMaro(m): 6:27am On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by pointblank247(m): 6:37am On Jan 21, 2021
CuteMaro:
You hypocrite. When Jesus thought us how to pray did he pray in the name of Jesus? Stop fxking pointing at the spec in another man’s eyes while you have a log in yours. With all the ‘Jesus’ you scream up and down where has that gotten us as a country?

This country is full of flipping hypocrites. No wonder Europeans can easily name their Children Jesus, but in Naija you can’t try it why coz your ignorant pastor won’t even endorse it.We make judgements based on sentiments
and it’s totally wrong!
You slowpoke read my post well and if your bone brain couldn't help you, ask some body. Ezi

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by ikennamadu1(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2021
CuteMaro:
You hypocrite. When Jesus thought us how to pray did he pray in the name of Jesus? Stop fxking pointing at the spec in another man’s eyes while you have a log in yours. With all the ‘Jesus’ you scream up and down where has that gotten us as a country?

This country is full of flipping hypocrites. No wonder Europeans can easily name their Children Jesus, but in Naija you can’t try it why coz your ignorant pastor won’t even endorse it. We make judgements based on sentiments and it’s totally wrong!

baa brain
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by CuteMaro(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2021
pointblank247:
You slowpoke read my post well and if your bone brain couldn't help you, ask some body. Ezi

Sorry man. Was so much in a hurry to react I guess. Peace
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by BigDawsNet: 8:05am On Jan 21, 2021
Bufen is the second America president Catholic

I'm not sure Catholic pray in Jesus name
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by JimmyDarmody: 8:10am On Jan 21, 2021
Yeah the elite are actually trying to eliminate Jesus from the public. In the early days of America , they were missionaries but now the devil is their god and they want him to have equal rights with Jesus. It's either that or nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by TANID(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by femi4: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2021
pointblank247:
Maybe it didn't shock you but it was a shock to me that no prayer was ended in the name of Jesus Christ during the swearing in, intact Jesus was never mentioned in any of the prayers by the clergys or anybody at the arena (I didn't watch the Thanksgiving service at the chapel ). I just realised that it's also not peculiar to the Biden's swearing in but the norm for the Americans.
This is not to criticize, but just that I'm wondering why we punctuate every line of our prayers with Jesus Christ (for the Christians) and Allah and Muhhammed (for the Muslims) yet our political class do not in any way reflect the life of Christ at all.
They did in the chapel. Mind you, it's not a crime to end prayer using God. No one way fits all when it comes to prayer in Christiandom
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by Lincoln275(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
And you are also together with him in the shithole. Chai, Shitholers!
you too. Shitholer’s master. �
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by Dreyton36: 9:21am On Jan 21, 2021
A retired olosho once said

Religion
Tribalism

These are Nigeria's biggest problems and not the government

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by maiquel: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Actually I was uneasy when I heard the Clergyman end the prayer with "in the name of the collective faith we believe in" I understand the idea, that is, to cover all beliefs and religion but it is just disturbing though.

As a Christian we don't pray like that. We pray in the name of Jesus and it is without fear or favour that we do so. So that is not a Christian prayer... it's more like a political prayer regardless of where it is prayed or who prayed it.

8 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by BanevsJoker(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2021
People are dumb sha. He has deleted his post about why Jesus didn't pray in Jesus's name.
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by Goldeno(m): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2021
awón observers and shockers mcheew

face your own country.

an who told you Muslims end there prayers with Muhammad
you're just an illiterate trying to act learned, sorry bro you need to actually have knowledge to be learned, so go seek for it before you come disgrace yourself in public.
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2021
This has a lot to do with so called tolerance and secularism

you don't want to offend people who are not Christians.
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Yeah the elite are actually trying to eliminate Jesus from the public. In the early days of America , they were missionaries but now the devil is their god and they want him to have equal rights with Jesus. It's either that or nothing.

What did Jesus do during slavery that lasted hundreds of years?
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by samwash(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2021
Religion has always tear us apart in this Nation.
Everything is streamline to religon, one religion claiming dominate of the others.

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by pointblank247(m): 5:42am On Jan 23, 2021
maiquel:
Actually I was uneasy when I heard the Clergyman end the prayer with "in the name of the collective faith we believe in" I understand the idea, that is, to cover all beliefs and religion but it is just disturbing though.

As a Christian we don't pray like that. We pray in the name of Jesus and it is without fear or favour that we do so. So that is not a Christian prayer... it's more like a political prayenr regardless of where it is prayed or who prayed it.

Remain blessed
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by pointblank247(m): 5:46am On Jan 23, 2021
Goldeno:
awón observers and shockers mcheew

face your own country.

an who told you Muslims end there prayers with Muhammad
you're just an illiterate trying to act learned, sorry bro you need to actually have knowledge to be learned, so go seek for it before you come disgrace yourself in public.
Your emptiness is already a disgrace to your satanic generation of empty vessels. Ewu
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by pointblank247(m): 5:48am On Jan 23, 2021
BanevsJoker:
People are dumb sha. He has deleted his post about why Jesus didn't pray in Jesus's name.
how sure are you about the writer of that which you quoted. Did you check the moniker
Re: Did You Notice This Shocker During The President Biden Swearing In ? by compton11(m): 8:53am On Feb 13, 2021
pointblank247:
when we tell y'all US ain't Christians country,u refused

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Finland May Lose It Right To Exist If It Joins Nato / Picture Gallery Of Rare Moments With Nelson Mandela / What Happens To Obama's Legacy Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.