Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? (582 Views)

Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members / How To Organise Credible Election In Nigeria / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? by georgem(m): 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
i 've really had to beat myself to let this out or even air my view of yet another attempt to fool nigerians into believing that they can dictate who sits iunto which seat at any level of governance in nigeria. if people are not foolishly selling their vote for a onetime drink or food, we have the parties doing all they can to rig the process with aid from the supoosed umpires, INEC. to make this all so confusing and annoying, the judicial system would wait for a whole tenure (4 years) to pass before passing verdict to annull a tenure and then pronounce another the supposed winner. tell me why make two individuals rule or stay in office for 8 years for what should have been 4 years.
i'd thought of this with pain and thus ask, Can nigeria ever hold credible election? please speak out
Re: Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? by efisher(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
I think we can but with a radically different ideology. We need to run the country the way a manager runs a corporate organization of international repute. We have a lot to learn.
Re: Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? by georgem(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
tik! tok! tik! tok!! ,
time is tiking again
once again another boring saturday
one of forced sun-tanning
to many, another oppurtunity to make a change
to yet others, another opportunity to collect another free N500
and to the many fools a time to kill or die
to Jega, a time to make people think he is better than Iwu
for me ?
cooltime to relax from the hassles of work,
spend quality time with my sweet fiancee,
aint that cool?
Re: Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? by Sunofgod(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
georgem:

tik! tok! tik! tok!! ,
time is tiking again
once again another boring saturday
one of forced sun-tanning
to many, another oppurtunity to make a change
to yet others, another opportunity to collect another free N500
and to the many fools a time to kill or die
to Jega, a time to make people think he is better than Iwu
for me ?
cooltime to relax from the hassles of work,
spend quality time with my sweet fiancee,
aint that cool?

Thats the spirit,

Like This World/Nigeria really exists - Enjoy the dream.
Re: Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? by humebuloe: 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
Its possible but it is a collective effort of all stake holders both government ,politicians and the general public
Re: Can Nigeria Really Hold Credible Election? by georgem(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2011
why would anyone aspiring to serve the people be paying people as much as 3k to get their votes? is it not possible that he wants to get their at all cost so as to get back a hundredfold whatever he'd spent?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: The Truth You Never Knew, Perhaps / Islamic Extremism In Nigeria – Are We Concerned? / We Cant Afford To Have A Financially Reckless President Like GEJ For Another Four years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.