Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) (43201 Views)

From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas: My Road Trip Pictures / 7 Most Beautiful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Pictures / Major Landmark Rocks In Nigeria (Pictures And Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Rendezvou: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
Jollylolly:
Ilorin.. Kwara state is not Western Nigeria abeg; it Northern....Dont confuse us
Nice tour though
You are correct by geopolitical division of Nigeria. But I think by geography and culture, large part of Kwara and Ilorin is located in the southwest.

3 Likes

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Ugandatales: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
ignis:
Ilorin be looking like a typical village. See Shoprite like a Kiosk.

grin
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Franking: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
A few years ago I traveled to Illorin through Kabba in Kogi state. It was a horrendous journey. To worsen it we left Kabba around 7:30 pm. Come and see road.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
seguno2:

If you can’t say what the difference is, please go and delete this your comment.
Thank me later

Yoruba in Ilorin used to say 'Gambari pa Fulani Ko ni ejo ninu' meaning If a Gambari kills a Fulani, there's no case.

Gambari are Hausa that came with the British to conquer Ilorin.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Ugandatales: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Firefox234:
I do stayed there for like 4 years

How is the social life of the place? Is there night life?
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Dollanaira: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ok
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Amopeekun(f): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
No sir/ma, we are not. I am beriberi. Most Gambaris are. The other parts of Gambari, we have the bakastines, the nupawas, gobirawas and the likes. At the central, you have the ruling Sokoto clan, the descendants of Alimi.

I can't agree, unapologetically, that we are ruled by a Yoruba king, because what we have in Ilorin is a mix of all tribes. Importantly, the Emirates heads, because of our religious affiliation and Quranic foundation. We may speak a version of Yoruba but we know who we are.

The idi Apes, are the only ones claiming to be Yorubas with the alanamus, but hey, it is what it is and we are not complaining
EleventhWeirdo:
you guys are still descendants of Alimi. You will agree that the so called Ilorin Emirate is supposed to be headed by a Yoruba person.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Amopeekun(f): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
I know who I am sir and I know the difference. A fulani is entirely a different tribe from who I am and I am proud to be my father's child.
Thank you all the same grin
seguno2:

If you can’t say what the difference is, please go and delete this your comment.
Thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by DSC7: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Whobedatte:
Ilu t'o sunmo aljahna .
My favourite spot is coca cola road , Golden sand lounge at irewolede and sound bar at GRA
Ilorin is very peaceful and cost of living is low compared to lagos.

Olosho man spotted.......

U no see captain cook abi
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by DSC7: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ugandatales:

How is the social life of the place? Is there night life?
Excessively......

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Ugandatales: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
DSC7:

Excessively......

Nice
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by DSC7: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:

You didn't visit New Yidi road, Ilorin- ogbomosho road, government house road, stadium, shop rite road, etc from post office you could have go to poly gate too

Chao I miss challenge

Lolsss......

Geri alimi dat year......
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Ugandatales: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Amopeekun:
I know who I am sir and I know the difference. A fulani is entirely a different tribe from who I am and I am proud to be my father's child.
Thank you all the same grin

So what language do you speak as a Gambari person?
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by BSdetector: 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kwara remains an embarrassment to the Yoruba nation, those who partner with the enemy will get stabbed in the back and his descendants conquered and subjugated. Through violence and religion a people where conquered and their culture polluted. Yoruba's sold their lands to strangers because of religion, same thing is happening in lagos with yoruba Christains, in osun with yoruba muslims and on a wider level with liberal Yoruba's.

I weep for our foolishness.

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by enny4real23(m): 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2021
Brunicekid:
Ilorin, the city I schooled, a really developed city now to be sincere... Who knows Tanke, Ilorin?
I lived in Tanke for 3years when I was in Unilorin.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Rilwayne001: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Vikkygeee:

See mumu yarn which infrastructure is ilorin lacking, you guys will just be running your mouth anyhow on top wetin you no know

Lol, you picked Kwara hotel as infrastructure? LMAO grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by bjsteve: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
ignis:

don't be too quick to Judge things by picture, the shoprite is really massive cos I've been there once. the building is almost the same size as the one at alausa ikeja Lagos... I love the city really quiet and fast developing as well... more develop than some people's big villages.... no banter here just reality

5 Likes

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by hstar: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
missawele:

Mo wa pa.

Though my I am not Yoruba. And thanks for the compliment. smiley
Please, forgive me
Which tribe u be?

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by ermias11: 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Ilorin is the state capital of Kwara in Western Nigeria.

The name of the current governor of Kwara State is H. E. Alhaji Abdulrazaq Abdulramon.

Ilorin is also ruled by an Emir.

The city is the site of the University of Ilorin and Kwara State Polytechnic; The Federal Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute, which operates a research farm, is located near the city. Teacher-training colleges and a vocational trade school also serve Ilorin. Health services include a number of government, private, and religious hospitals and a nursing home for the elderly.

I was able to tour/visit: Challenge, Post Office, G. R. A., Fate Road, Emir Road, Malete, Sango, Airport Road, Offa Garage, Asa Dam, Oja Tuntun and the Experience was awesome and remarkable.

Please sit back and enjoy the pictures I took during my tour at Ilorin.

Lol! You go Ilorin you nor know where e dey. Ilorin dey North Central not Western anything. Except if no be Ilorin for Naija
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by sylve11: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
Swipa:
Did you see this iconic artifact? It's called the crown of Lai. It has the power to turn the one who wears it to an unrepentant lying machine.

grin grin cool
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by ayanda3(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
Middle belt. North Central I mean.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Gafdam(m): 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
ignis:
lol! Na d op camera no do justice!
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by tunene66: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Ilorin is the state capital of Kwara in Western Nigeria.

The name of the current governor of Kwara State is H. E. Alhaji Abdulrazaq Abdulramon.

Ilorin is also ruled by an Emir.

The city is the site of the University of Ilorin and Kwara State Polytechnic; The Federal Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute, which operates a research farm, is located near the city. Teacher-training colleges and a vocational trade school also serve Ilorin. Health services include a number of government, private, and religious hospitals and a nursing home for the elderly.

I was able to tour/visit: Challenge, Post Office, G. R. A., Fate Road, Emir Road, Malete, Sango, Airport Road, Offa Garage, Asa Dam, Oja Tuntun and the Experience was awesome and remarkable.

Please sit back and enjoy the pictures I took during my tour at Ilorin.

Ilorin is NOT in Western Nigeria. It is in North Central Nigeria
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Brunicekid(m): 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
illicit:

I Do

Better by far?
Yeah...Better by far.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Vikkygeee: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Rilwayne001:

Lol, you picked Kwara hotel as infrastructure? LMAO grin grin
Mumu is it not in kwara
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Vikkygeee: 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
kaypraizartee:

That pic is not Ilorin
Hush ogbeni,stop saying things you don't know jare,where are you in ilorin let me describe the place for you
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Vikkygeee: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
kaypraizartee:

That's Kwara Hotels not Unity road
Who is this one now,can't you see the damn road,is the road part of the hotel
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Vikkygeee: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
kaypraizartee:

That's Kwara Hotels not Unity road
The way you people argue about things you don't know is quite appalling, I'm sure you might not even lived in ilorin before because anybody that lives in ilorin will know the landscape of kwara hotel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

18 Die, 56 Injured In Lokoja-Abuja Road Early Morning Crash (Photos) / How People Are Risking Their Lives In Oshodi (photos) / World's Travel: 15 Most Visited Cities In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.