Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,347 members, 7,954,405 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) (43177 Views)

From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas: My Road Trip Pictures / 7 Most Beautiful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Pictures / Major Landmark Rocks In Nigeria (Pictures And Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by TANID(m): 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
missawele:

Mo wa pa.

Though my I am not Yoruba. And thanks for the compliment. smiley
WHAT!!!!! YOU REALLY SHOCK ME I SWEAR I THOUGHT YOU'RE A YORUBA GIRL BEFORE WITH THAT YOUR BEAUTIFUL NAME "AWELE" AND YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND YORUBA SELF

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by siant: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Aug28th:

Ilorin (Kwara State) is in to bNorth Central
Kwara State is in western Nigeria, geographically. That is why many big companies like Nigerian Bottling Company, Coca cola, Banks and so on, when zoning their operations and organizations, they do put kwara to the western zone.
At the creation of the state in 1967, the name of the state used to be west state, before it latter renamed 'kwara', which is the local name of river niger that runs in the state around Jebba.
But geopolitics of Nigeria put the state in the North central, in part, due to the fact that the whole kwara state was part of the defunct Northern Region, during the regional system at independence.

The current unconstitutional geo political division of the country (north west, north east, north central, south west, south east and south south) was actually the idea of the committee that drafted the proposed 1995 consititution when General Sanni Abbacha lifted ban on political activities to return the govt to the civilian govt. It was meant to rotate the presidency among the 6 regions.
But in 1999, when when Abdulsalam Abubakre was to hand over to the constitutional govt, the constitutional makers dropped the idea of the geopolitical region.
Presently, why the politicians and the govt still use the system to allocate political offices and economic resources is what baffles me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by lilsaint44(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
Vikkygeee:
There are tons of badass beautiful landscapes in the state

this is kwara hotel tho
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by lilsaint44(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Vikkygeee:
This is the original kwara state not the nonsense the mumu op is posting up and down

The stuff d op posted is not nonsense but thats just how it is..
ilorin is peaceful and cool
but lacks infrastructure
thats just it
i stayed at gaa akanbi
before you say i don't know what i am saying
The only place that has nice structures
that i know of
is GRA... and you know y
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by lilsaint44(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
Vikkygeee:
You say it like it is not in ilorin
of cause it is
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by SAMBARRY: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
More Pictures (Don't mind my face mask) grin
fine boy.oma handsome ke wink
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by SAMBARRY: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

I'm blushing! Thanks so much baba
I'm not a baba cool

I'm a woman cool
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by hstar: 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
missawele:

Delta Igbo
Wow, fantastic
I would like to DM you

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by hstar: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Guess you know me?
grin
grin
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by hstar: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Be sincere nah
Adesoye, ma shalaye ibi ta timora later
Mo busy bayi Na

Remain blessed
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by lebete3000: 12:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Amopeekun:
The Gambaris and the fulanis in Ilorin are not one o. I am an original Gambari and I am not fulani grin

Are you Igbomina? I'm from Igbaja.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by illicit(m): 12:19am On Jan 22, 2021
Brunicekid:
Yeah...Better by far.

nice one....
Linguistics 17
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by AmDayo: 1:27am On Jan 22, 2021
Vikkygeee:

Hush ogbeni,stop saying things you don't know jare,where are you in ilorin let me describe the place for you
Ganmo
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Mjpem23(m): 2:11am On Jan 22, 2021
ignis:
Ilorin be looking like a typical village. See Shoprite like a Kiosk.

Your state please...?
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Mjpem23(m): 2:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Jollylolly:
Ilorin.. Kwara state is not Western Nigeria abeg; it Northern....Dont confuse us
Nice tour though

Werey, let us catch you ooo...
Ilorin wey comprises of 93% Yoruba.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by Steviealohan(m): 2:44am On Jan 22, 2021
Ilorin kwara state no de for West abeg na north Central..this alone just rubbish ur write-up..next time do proper findings before posting.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by oyatz(m): 3:05am On Jan 22, 2021
Jollylolly:
Ilorin.. Kwara state is not Western Nigeria abeg; it Northern....Dont confuse us
Nice tour though

When it was first created in 1967, the State was originally named 'West Central State' before it was changed to Kwara.
Re: My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) by oyatz(m): 3:07am On Jan 22, 2021
Amopeekun:
The Gambaris and the fulanis in Ilorin are not one o. I am an original Gambari and I am not fulani grin

What's the difference?

I think the Gambaris are a subset of people who are Fulani-Yoruba hybrid in Ilorin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Takes Selfie At Accident Scene That Killed Driver & Others / Lady Comes Out Without A Scratch From Accident Which Killed 4 Persons. Photos / 18 Die, 56 Injured In Lokoja-Abuja Road Early Morning Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.