Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) (25493 Views)

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
What is Uziza? Somebody answer o, I know all the ingredients there except Uziza.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
What is Uziza? Somebody answer o, I know all the ingredients there except Uziza.

Uziza = hot leaf smiley

SamuelLoch:
Poco on this again! I tried the tomatoes sauce stew. It was great! My stew has been better after we talked about how to mix ingredients.
Thanks!

That is nice to hear o. You done pass foundation class. Intermediate next. cheesy

illicit:
Ok I can teach you Ofe Ekiti too....

I will be willing to learn. Hahahaha!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
You mean scent leaf? Pls if you have pictures put it, thanks.
pocohantas:

Uziza = hot leaf smiley
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by prince2pac(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:
OFE OWERRI INGREDIENTS

Pic 1: Okazi (for my non-Igbo people)
Pic 2: Please who knows the name of that thing in the lemon basket. Looks like snail but it is not snail.
Yeah it's a snail, we call it eju mmiri, they shell is Jared, but it tastes really good
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Omoslim26: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
bcomputer101:
You go online to download pictures

But you come here pushing shoulder up and down as if na you cook am.

This nonsense must stop this year oooo

brotherly pls dont do this biko

i dont like poco too maką onaę mè ihę chochocho too much maną ifulà this post wey she post so she don bcom my personal person

projecting my indigenous soup to d World

poco chukwu gozie ghì

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
You mean scent leaf? Pls if you have pictures put it, thanks.

I mean, HOT LEAF. Just tell them hot leaf or uziza. They all know it.

Scent leaf = nchanwu/efinrin. Attached is uziza leaf. wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by BigDick70inch(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Yes, you can use any other meat, but when it comes to soups, you don’t just use any meat. If you want meat that would influence the taste of your soup, use goat meat. If you want meat that the soup would influence its taste, use cow leg/head. For soups like this (oha, okazi, ofe owere), I advise cowleg. That way its original taste remains.

Lol. It is a soup, I guess the song made it more popular. I can take out the snail, you wouldn’t even know it was there. grin

U will jux be us making salivate......
Food u won't bother asking us to join u when eating..... undecided
[b][/b]
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
prince2pac:
Yeah it's a snail, we call it eju mmiri, they shell is Jared, but it tastes really good

Oh really. Should I try it sometime? lipsrsealed

Omoslim26:

brotherly pls dont do this biko
i dont like poco too maką onaę mè ihę chochocho too much maną ifulà this post wey she post so she don bcom my personal person
projecting my indigenous soup to d World

poco chukwu gozie ghì

You need his blessings more.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by BigDick70inch(m): 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Yes, you can use any other meat, but when it comes to soups, you don’t just use any meat. If you want meat that would influence the taste of your soup, use goat meat. If you want meat that the soup would influence its taste, use cow leg/head. For soups like this (oha, okazi, ofe owere), I advise cowleg. That way its original taste remains.

Lol. It is a soup, I guess the song made it more popular. I can take out the snail, you wouldn’t even know it was there. grin

U will jux be us making salivate......
Food u won't bother asking us to join u when eating..... undecided
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Stateoforigin: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Even before I viewed this thread, I knew it is almighty pocohantas. Poco go de drop food threads back to back as if she no know say Nigerians de hungry.

I go view finish I no go come see chop.

Wetin I gain?
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nice thread, wahala for who no Sabi cook.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Slynation(m): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nna ehh....the moment I opened this thread and saw the pot of soup, Agu we chori kwatu'm
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Omoslim26: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

grin
pocohantas:

And I receive more of His blessings
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by prince2pac(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Oh really. Should I try it sometime?

Yeah you should try it, especially when the cooking involves uziza, Ede, ugu etc.. it tastes very nice
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Ahmeduana(m): 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:
OFE OWERRI INGREDIENTS

Pic 1: Okazi (for my non-Igbo people)
Pic 2: Please who knows the name of that thing in the lemon basket. Looks like snail but it is not snail.
In Yoruba we call it ILA KOSE, they are also snail.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
prince2pac:

Yeah you should try it, especially when the cooking involves uziza, Ede, ugu etc.. it tastes very nice

Hmmmm. I will buy it when next I am able to go to the market. I’ll keep you posted. cheesy
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Downloaded food is a food that looks too good to come out from a regular Nigerian kitchen.It is known for its pristine plating and picture quality. grin

Ohhh. That's a compliment then, albeit indirectly.

That is all, Mango. Very easy soup. Ask and I will teach you on behalf of the sisterhood.

Yes, yes. They are all easy. From the steps, in photos - you always present them that way. Sombori will step inside kitchen now, and the cabinets will be hanging from the ceiling, while smoke is smothering the rest of the neighbors in the next flat to death.

When I ham done philandering around, and I ham ready to trap a man, I wee come and learn when I haff kamdan. But for now, lemme admire and gush as: aluta continua as an "ifemenisi!"

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by ecomalchemist(m): 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
Na to marry pocohantas make she dey cook premium meals for me and I will take care of her like my life depends on it, no cap.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Stellly02(m): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Immediately I saw this topic I knew its poco.. Btw I heard is not a poor man soup according to the song by oriental brothers.. You're doing well poco but try to dey invite people when you make such delicacy na, than posting for most like me to feed my eyes cool
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
chei, pocohantas , let me come for holidays in your house.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Rahkman: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:
Ofe Owerri is a luxurious soup straight out of Imo State. The soup is well rated that it has a song named after it. So, if you know the classic song, Ofe Owere by Oriental Brothers and you still haven’t gotten to know its history, you will know today, but if you haven’t ever heard the song, check YouTube. grin grin

are you igbo?
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by prince2pac(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Hmmmm. I will buy it when next I am able to go to the market. I’ll keep you posted. cheesy
no wahala aunty
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Iceyjayz: 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Why is this one always making front page? I'm not surprised, her moderator toy boyfriend can do anything for her. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by MrMacinterchi1: 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
gypsey:
Ewwww!! embarassed what da hell is that thing? You must be suicidal eating that shiii!
keep quiet.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by MrMacinterchi1: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
AnI77:
Pumpkin leaves & Okazi in one pot of soup?
A taste you would sell your pants for.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by kiddkash(m): 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:
Ofe Owerri is a luxurious soup straight out of Imo State. The soup is well rated that it has a song named after it. So, if you know the classic song, Ofe Owere by Oriental Brothers and you still haven’t gotten to know its history, you will know today, but if you haven’t ever heard the song, check YouTube. grin grin

poco, you go make me mad o
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Okfrank25: 7:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
Legalcriminal:
Omoh I need to try Ibo foods

Called Ishawuru in Odua land found by river banks
In IBIOBIO we called nkop found by river banks,but not all the river...o
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2021
i cook ofe akure yesterday too,it was delicious
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

keep quiet.
Is this supposed to make any sense? undecided
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Most soups are differentiated by leaves na cheesy grin

Dey don send link to me smiley

Make sure to make it for daddy wa...won ma gbadun e olohun cheesy
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by mobo76503: 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
:Oh really. Should I try it sometime? Yeah you should try it, especially when the cooking involves uziza, Ede, ugu etc.. it tastes very nice
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
See NL alfa males dey propose because of food.
Tomorrow, naija girls are useless.
If I say "thunder faya their left skrotum" they'll say I'm wicked undecided
Aunty Poco, you are doing well. More foodstuff to your pantry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? / Naira To Sell At N415/$ As CBN Sustains Intervention / Kunu - Tell Me Everything You Know About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.