Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) (27127 Views)

How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) / "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Nigeria is blessed with lots of delicacies, this soup is one of them.
This video is an easy to follow steps on how to cook Ofe Owerri, it's sumptuous and so delicious.

Ingredients:

Beef
Shaki (Tripe)
Snails
Stock Fish
Dry Fish
Kpomo
Crayfish
Ede (Cocoyam)
Okazi Leaves
Ugu (Pumpkin Leaves)
Palm Oil
Yellow Scent Pepper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfZZQS0T71s

STEPS:

I cook the cocoyam till tender.
Season the beef, shaki, snails, kpomo, stock fish with seasoning cubes and salt and cover to cook.
Add water after 10 minutes and allow to cook till tender.
Check and pound the cocoyam if its soft already.
If the chewables are tender enough, add palm oil, pepper and crayfish.
Cook till the cocoyam dissolves.
Check your seasoning and salt and adjust if need be.
Add in washed dry fish.
Add in Okazi leaves.
Add in Ugu leaves.
Cook for 5 minutes considering Okazi is a tough vegetable.
Serve and enjoy your soup with eba, pounded yam, akpu, semo, etc.
All details in the video.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2022
The mother of all soups is here.

Ofe Owerri and Okra soup are two soups my potential wife is permitted to cook in my house.

Nice one Glory. This soup don dey make me go marry cry

Onye na ejighi ego, ejila erila Ofe Owerri.

Mariahangel, oya bring fufu come abeg.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zonefree here we come, lunch is served.

Mariahangel, Ofe Owerri on today's menu.

I hope you like it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2022
Nne, sharp sharp? cheesy
I admire your energy and consistency.
Well done.

9 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Zonefree here we come, lunch is served.

Mariahangel, Ofe Owerri on today's menu.

I hope you like it.
I don already show before you invite me. I'm waiting for Mariah and the fufu grin

Idi too much Nne. God bless your household.

8 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Boogyman557: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
Holly Gram cool Abeg abeg abeg!

Una get VISITORS ROOM for una house..

I no go mind sleep for corridor or for inside kitchen..

WTF MAN!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zonefree:

I don already show before you invite me. I'm waiting for Mariah and the fufu grin

As in!
You no kuku get shame. grin
Onye akpiri ogologo di ka gi.
O kpa n'usekwu.

7 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
mariahAngel:

As in!
You no kuku get shame. grin
Onye akpiri ogologo di ka gi.
O kpa n'usekwu.
When it comes to good foods, my shame dey always leave me grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zonefree:

When it comes to good foods, my shame dey always leave me grin

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by ogologoamu: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
I don remember Amaka my Owerri beautiful girl friend of those days.

Chiamaka, ogologoAmu won't forget you. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zonefree:
The mother of all soups is here.

Ofe Owerri and Okra soup are two soups my potential wife is permitted to cook in my house.

Nice one Glory. This soup don dey make me go marry cry

Onye na ejighi ego, ejila erila Ofe Owerri.

Mariahangel, oya bring fufu come abeg.

Thank you Zonefree, this soup reach to make bachelor go marry oooo grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
mariahAngel:
Nne, sharp sharp? cheesy
I admire your energy and consistency.
Well done.

Thank You nne.
What can I do, I've put my hand on the plough, I can't go back grin

5 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zonefree:

Amen!
We are all waiting for the fufu ooooo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
Boogyman557:

WTF MAN!

Boogyman, everywhere don full ooooo
No vex abeg cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Daniel7543: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
Wow! My best soup.

Meanwhile, me begging gloryhomemaker for a plate of soup like..

Me: abeg I fit see a plate of soup, I get Garri already.

Gloryhomemaker: na everyday you dey always beg me for food?? Your mate dey do 21 days dry fasting & prayer. Oya go bring plate come make I help your life.

15 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Hesssi: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
Daniel7543:
Wow! My best soup.

Gloryhomemaker: na everyday you dey always beg me for food?? Your mate dey do 21 days prayer and fasting. Oya go bring plate come make I help your life.
beggy beggy.
E no good o
Cook your own o
E go better.

grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
ogologoamu:
I don remember Amaka my Owerri beautiful girl friend of those days.

Chiamaka, ogologoAmu won't forget you. grin

Chaiii

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Daniel7543:
Wow! My best soup.

Gloryhomemaker: na everyday you dey always beg me for food?? Your mate dey do 21 days prayer and fasting. Oya go bring plate come make I help your life.

Hahahahhahhaaaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Probz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
I personally don’t think ofe Owere is all-that.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
Probz:

Do explain please.
Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
Probz:

It is noticable that you criticize a lot, and you seem like a know-it-all who's hard to please.

I personally wouldn't try to impress someone like you, and I certainly wouldn't take your criticism to heart.

7 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

It is noticable that you criticize a lot, and you seem like a know-it-all who's hard to please.

I personally wouldn't try to impress someone like you, and I certainly wouldn't take your criticism to heart.

Nne, ka Chineke mezie okwu.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by garriAndsugar: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Looks nice . One day I will eat this your food

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by doggedfighter(f): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
Looks like it's same with our onugbu and ora soups . The difference is just in the vegetables used.

Have heard so much about this soup . Was thinking the process will be hard and tedious.

Now I know it's something I can make.

Yummy !

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by doggedfighter(f): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

I don't it's criticism or know -it -all . He's just expressing preference except this your response has to do with more than he wrote here.

I may be wrong though !

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
doggedfighter:

I don't it's criticism or know -it -all . He's just expressing preference except this your response has to do with more than he wrote here.

Trust me, I know him.

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by doggedfighter(f): 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

Trust me, I know him.

Then it's fine , reason I said I maybe wrong.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by doggedfighter(f): 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
Boogyman557:

WTF MAN!

No just show with your old Kala grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
doggedfighter:
Looks like it's same with our onugbu and ora soups . The difference is just in the vegetables used.

Have heard so much about this soup . Was thinking the process will be hard and tedious.

Now I know it's something I can make.

Yummy !

You are correct, same process but different vegetables and no Ogiri igbo added.

The soup na senior man, it has a song dedicated to it sef.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Probz(m): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Do explain please.

Well, what’s it trying to be? A hybrid of okazi, oha and ugu or just-plain assorted stock-Igbotic vegetables-ofe masquerading as a rich (wo)man’s soup for the sake of Imolite pseudo-pompousity?

Wouldn’t you ever even use akwu instead of sodding palm oil (as-usual)? How is this distinctive from any other vegetable soup?

Yeah, I’m not too impressed with the name. Sorry. The soup itself is fine (and the original poster did a good job; kudos to her) but I just don’t think it lives up to the title. It’s good but not that good.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) by Probz(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

Trust me, I know him.

I don’t come at everything with an axe to grind, you know. I just have my preferences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Slices Of Bread Can You Eat In One Sitting? / Easy Home-made Chocolate Chip Banana Bread / Beautiful Cakes For Beautiful Occasions. Kindly Place Your Orders Let's CAKE IT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.