Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity (23787 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head / Akinwumi Adeshina Dressed Like King Mswati III Eswatini (Photos) / When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by lexy2014: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2021
DonFreshmoney:
This Adesina is playing to the gallery... nonsense post.. are Nigerians complaining? Why don't you mind your business sir, and concentrate on ADB and Agriculture

What gallery is he playing to? How are nigerians not complaining? Adesina is a Nigerian & he is complaining. Or isn't he a Nigerian? How is d state of poverty & bad governance in Nigeria not his business? FYI, kindly educate urself on development issues so u understand how it concerns AfDB. How did u come to d conclusion that AfDB is only about agriculture? U see how u aren't making sense?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Ventura1: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Yet, they collect ₦50 for every 10K and above that hit our account.
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by emerged01(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2021
donbachi:
Why u no talk am before ur reelection...na dat time nigerians for know u're speaking for them.
As a farmer you need to understand seasons. As a farmer it will be foolish of you not to.
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by bayelsaowei(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2021
lexy2014:

I love ur comment. Here is d summary by Adesina:

"Governments, over time, have simply transferred their responsibility to citizens."
That is d essence of NIN. Govt has failed to provide security. Instead of stepping up, it now feels if we don't do Sim/NIN sync, they can't provide security
yeah..and that is why they should go to hell with their NIN..if we collectively refuse to run around for that useless course the government would understand that we shouldn't be joked around with. What has this govt done for us to be pushing us around like kids. ??

The president has refused to shuffle or even sack his security chiefs. What kind of unserious country is Nigeria. Its so pathetic
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by babakb: 8:32am On Jan 22, 2021
And some fools will tell you that we don't pay taxes on Nigeria...
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by ak22(m): 8:32am On Jan 22, 2021
DonFreshmoney:
This Adesina is playing to the gallery... nonsense post.. are Nigerians complaining? Why don't you mind your business sir, and concentrate on ADB and Agriculture

Hello sir, this your post is very wrong. Everybody can't be a fool. There is no crime in expressing your feelings and concerns. All Adeshina can't be a liar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by ki02020(m): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2021
clockwisereport:

Akinwunmi Adesina is AfDB president. He is not the same person with Femi Adesina

He doesn't know jare
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Nickshrapnel: 8:36am On Jan 22, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Too bad, especially here in Lagos.
Even women hawking on the streets of Lagos pay taxes.
Illegal tax being collected by people not recognized by the Government
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by romenna: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2021
And we cant voice out our frustrations as the system suppresses freedom of speech or protest
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by WibusJaga: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2021
So Sad.

Had to pay 250k to connect light in my area in Delta state.
Bought 3poles & cables to connect the house which of course turned to NEPA property.
Dug a borehole.
Paid access road levy & monthly Vigilante dues & refuse collection.
All plus my PAYE tax.
To survive in Naija is not easy. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Godbless3(m): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2021
donbachi:
Why u no talk am before ur reelection...na dat time nigerians for know u're speaking for them.

The truth is bitter. There is no good time nor bad time to speak out as far as you're satisfied about letting the truth out.
Him speaking out now, does it really change what nigerians know before?
Its was a revenue seminar and the cat was let out whether you think he speak for you or the truth, is you business.
Speak 4 yourself because to me he is not lying.
Whether he is voted into that office or not, that position wouldn't have been vacant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:42am On Jan 22, 2021
ijustdey:
Akinwumi Adesina: Despite paying high taxes, Nigerians still provide water, electricity for themselves

https://www.thecable.ng/akinwumi-adesina-despite-paying-high-taxes-nigerians-still-provide-water-electricity-for-themselves
its now a normal thing 98% of Nigerian masses are only existing not living they have fallen inlove with suffering believing in diabolical ways to compliment their misery , church is there to assure them of eternal restitution same thing their ancestors were promised..

Most Nigerians don’t even know what a normal life means..no fences , constant light, good road , functional ER ambulances and helicopters within minutes.., social welfare scheme for the underage , old and unemployed.. etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by lexy2014: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2021
romenna:
And we cant voice out our frustrations as the system suppresses freedom of speech or protest

It's not just d system. D system in Sudan, Egypt, Tunisia all suppressed freedom of speech. D difference between those people and nigerians is that we aren't ready to take our destinies in our hands. We mutter, complain in our closets due to d pains we go thru as nigerians but we aren't ready to come together in unity as a people to force on d nation d change we want
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by MedicH: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2021
DonFreshmoney:

What do u mean by Nigerians are not complaining? Are you saying that Nigerians are comfortable with inadequate electric power supply or do u have high tendencies of being particularly stupid?
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by lexy2014: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2021
bayelsaowei:
yeah..and that is why they should go to hell with their NIN..if we collectively refuse to run around for that useless course the government would understand that we shouldn't be joked around with. What has this govt done for us to be pushing us around like kids. ??

The president has refused to shuffle or even sack his security chiefs. What kind of unserious country is Nigeria. Its so pathetic

Unfortunately, majority of nigerians don't mind being pushed around as kids despite d fact that they no that d govt is useless. This is d key:

"..if we collectively refuse to run around for that useless course the government would understand that we shouldn't be joked around with."

Many nigerians don't no how to defy govt. We bend too easily to anything govt says but we complain alot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by HeadShot: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2021
DonFreshmoney:

Nigerians are complaining
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by ceaser: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2021
Forgiveness for hurried conclusion, I ask.

I was infuriated at seeing the headline, before reading the news, that is.

For it read: » Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity - Adesina «

So I assumed it was Femi Adeshina, one of the unenviable spokesperson of the current despotic and nepotistic government.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Philipxxxx0: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2021
danowena:
Matters relating to Nigeria always leaves me speechless.
That said, even though you pay taxes in developed countries does not mean you don't pay for those services like light, water, etc. In my opinion, having your own borehole as we do in Nigeria is far cheaper than paying for water as done in developed countries.
However, there are some places where government stilk provides water like some parts of abuja like Jabi, Lugbe, Maitama, Utako, Wuse, etc.
Government also provides other amenities just that it is not enough and the services are nothing to write home about. E.g sale of ordinary train ticket. grin
why did you skip the security, is the citizens that suppose to provide security
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Stockquality: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2021
For the last 5 days i have spent close to 10k,fuelling my gen. 2021 started off as a bad year,from loosing my iphone 11 to pick pockets,then fueling gen on a daily. Nigeria is gone
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by stanisbaratheon: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2021
And security
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Angelfrost(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2021
The most interesting thing about such threads is how moronic sycophants and so called "Patriots" avoid them like the plague...

Bring forth a thread showing the less than mediocre "achievements" of this backward regime, and they will be all over it like the poorly paid court jesters that they are.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by edoairways: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2021
DonFreshmoney:
Yes most Nigerians are complaining
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Phred1717: 8:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Di one we dey pain me pass na television n radio license bill for shops
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by BananaPeel(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2021
People of his caliber should be President.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by blaise26abj(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2021
donbachi:

He was tactical . Got the job and carried microphone to tell the world that our past and present government are incompetent .
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Princedapace(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2021
bayelsaowei:
And we keep on with the muteness and still wait to vote for the same system..Nigeria is in a vicious loop that surely is heading for self annihilation. I have never seen a country and its citizens like Nigeria and Nigerians before. My Father once told me that the government should be paying us (citizens) taxes as we provide every single basic amenities for ourselves.

Static country with brain dead leaders.

Not just brain dead leaders but brain dead citizens.
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by romenna: 8:58am On Jan 22, 2021
lexy2014:

It's not just d system. D system in Sudan, Egypt, Tunisia all suppressed freedom of speech. D difference between those people and nigerians is that we aren't ready to take our destinies in our hands. We mutter, complain in our closets due to d pains we go thru as nigerians but we aren't ready to come together in unity as a people to force on d nation d change we want
This is not true.
We came out for EndSARS.
Personally, I was at lekki toll gate.
We got shot, people died and still nothing happened.
Maybe they'll listen when we take up arms like boko haram, ESN and MEND
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by blaise26abj(m): 9:00am On Jan 22, 2021
romenna:

This is not true.
We came out for EndSARS.
Personally, I was at lekki toll gate.
We got shot, people died and still nothing happened.
Maybe they'll listen when we take up arms like boko haram, ESN and MEND

When the youths eventually take up arms , there won’t be any “ listening “ again .

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by ceaser: 9:03am On Jan 22, 2021
donbachi:

He played politics.

A Yoruba adage says: Until he has possession of a war matchete, a wise man does not inquire the death that took his father.

The analyses up there give a damning poor rating to the Buhari administration and in line with realities on ground, Adeshina has refused to sugarcoat things. There is however a possibility of respite and leeway for the government in 2021/22, as opined by Adeshina and that is dependent on if government is ready to do those necessary reforms.

Of course I won't be too optimistic cos General Buhari is known to be a poor listener and a nepotistic individual who would put Kith and kin and clan over merit when making key appointments to chair the needed reforms. This is a far cry from what played out with OBJ or to a lesser extend GEJ who were both known to have capable hands based on merit to man parts of their government.

On the flip side and on a lighter note, if we are to go conspiratorial, I'd wager that the swearing in of Boden yesterday gave Adeshina the courage and impetus to speak truth to Buhari government cos the latter isn't likely to be a favourite of Biden's government.
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by SmartPolician: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2021
DonFreshmoney:

You are sick and need help!
Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Baawaa(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2021
This man should contest for president

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:16am On Jan 22, 2021
After paying taxes. Your pay for vigilant group to keep watch over your shop.and neighborhood,

After paying taxes you still borehole for your self and tenant.

After paying taxes you still buy generator, fuel or install solar system.

Useless government sector all they know is babe calling billions up-and-down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu's Okada Ban: 16 Points To Know / Buhari’s Bodyguards And Police Set To Clash In Abuja / Lagos Government Begins Clean-up Of Waterways (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.