Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable (2601 Views)

Near-Bankrupt States, Unviable Projects Await 18 New Governors / Dapo Abiodun: My Predecessor’s Housing Projects Are Now Miscreants’ Den / Julius Berger Adopts New Design For Lagos-Ibadan Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Aconomist: 2:06am On Jan 22, 2021
According to the Nigerian government, not a single piece of cargo has been transported on the new rails. Basically, this means the project is unviable. Clearly, an East to West rail would have been the better use of the FOREX.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/01/29/fg-bemoans-non-utilisation-of-railway-for-cargo-evacuation/

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Tomorrow one useless stats would be realesed how Kano import more containers than the whole south east

How ibadan has more industry than south east

Those in the logistics industry who which direction the goods move in this country

Only one inland port is active till date .....

Truth is Nigeria is where we are today because it's better we are like this than Igbos to hold certain position ....

In the quest to hold Igbos down ...Nigeria is held down

Last year the rest of Nigeria were crying economic downturn but trust me never have I seen Soo many new cars in south east n all over igbo land

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by shuvasishgraphy(m): 2:39am On Jan 22, 2021
JobsPivot empowers PMETs, non-executives, businesses by connecting the right talents with the right career opportunities during their job search. Find the career breakthrough with JobsPivot. With abundant jobs in Singapore looking for candidates just like you! We help connect you to your dream employers.

https://jobspivot.com

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Oxb90: 2:48am On Jan 22, 2021
That's how one day we will read on this forum how unviable Nigeria-Niger republic cross border rail line has become.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Salewa97: 2:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:
[s] Tomorrow one useless stats would be realesed how Kano import more containers than the whole south east

Those in the logistics industry who which direction the goods move in this country

Truth is Nigeria is where we are today because it's better we are like this than Igbos to hold certain position ....

Last year the rest of Nigeria were crying economic downturn but trust me never have I seen Soo many new cars in south east n all over igbo land[/s]

Stop saying nonsense online.

How have Igbo developed their tiny landlocked region before we can hand over Nigeria to them?

I thought everyone celebrated the container that landed in Port around Onitsha then where you were all shouting Lagos will cripple. Lagos has not yet cripple, Wetin Dey sup?

Ogun have more industries that any state in the SE, that is a fact!

Lagos-Ogun axis has more industries than the whole SE combined . That is also a fact!

What is even the purchasing power of the people in the SE when most of your well-to-do guys are domiciled in the SW and diaspora.

A person will be foolish to import goods and think the next destination to sell it is the SE when you have better purchasing power in the Lagos-Ogun axis so stop disturbing sane minds online about the SE or bla bla bla.

Everything don’t revolve around the SE. You guys like too much noise and you like disturbing the media space with rubbish statements!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 22, 2021
Salewa97:

Stop saying nonsense online.

How have Igbo developed their tiny landlocked region before we can hand over Nigeria to them?

I thought everyone celebrated the container that landed in Port around Onitsha then where you were all shouting Lagos will cripple. Lagos has not yet cripple, Wetin Dey sup?

Ogun have more industries that any state in the SE, that is a fact!

Lagos-Ogun axis has more industries than the whole SE combined . That is also a fact!

What is even the purchasing power of the people in the SE when most of your well-to-do guys are domiciled in the SW and diaspora.

A person will be foolish to import goods and think the next destination to sell it is the SE when you have better purchasing power in the Lagos-Ogun axis so stop disturbing sane minds online about the SE or bla bla bla.

Everything don’t revolve around the SE. You guys like too much noise and you like disturbing the media space with rubbish statements!

East is far more developed with the little resources it reserve and the anti igbo policy we have been facing ...

What's the purchasing power of igbo ? Have u ever been to south east ?

Ogun has industries because of its closeness to Lagos ...but aba can match it in terms of Industry any day any time

I wonder how your likes look down on a place u have never been to ....it's funny

Imo airport alone hard more passages than all south west airport put together outside lagos , even if u add kwara

South east has one of the highest number of admitted students

This are data u can't fake ...and it shows the standard of the people

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:13am On Jan 22, 2021
“We must start producing in this country. In Nigeria we produce nothing, but we blame government for everything,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

East is far more developed with the little resources it reserve and the anti igbo policy we have been facing ...

Ogun has industries because of its closeness to Lagos ...but aba can match it in terms of Industry any day any time

I wonder how your likes look down on a place u have never been to ....it's funny

Imo airport alone hard more passages than all south west airport put together outside lagos , even if u add kwara

I don't think it's fair to compare SE and SW.
Oyo state alone is almost the size of the whole South East while the old Oyo state is bigger than the whole of Southeast .

The issue in point is that we need to start producing as a nation. There is also need for government to hire business developers and marketers to market the service to those businesses that are better suited by this kind of service.
Government should not just sit there and by thinking most CEOs know about the benefit of the service.

9 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

Stop wasting your time arguing with an ediot whose kinsmen are protesting about fulani herdsmen and he is here dropping unverified statistics.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 3:19am On Jan 22, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I don't think it's fair to compare SE and SW.
Oyo state alone is almost the size of the whole South East.

The issue in point is that we need to start producing as a nation.
Lagos is the smallest state ...has more GDP that north east combined

Igbos have faced alot of oppression and suppression ..... policies have been passed to hold Igbos down more than any other tribe in Nigeria despite that igbos can say we have done well economically

Anyone who can't accept that is lying to himself

If given a level playing ground Igbos would be head and shoulders above every tribe in Nigeria that's a fact

Lagos to east is the most important economic route in this country ...but yet it's not even among the top 5 rail projects

9 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:27am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

Igbos have faced alot of oppression and suppression ..... policies have been passed to hold Igbos down more than any other tribe in Nigeria despite that igbos can say we have done well economically

If given a level playing ground Igbos would be head and shoulders above every tribe in Nigeria that's a fact

The north suffered and still continue to suffer most. They had their young 1st republic leaders, who should have led them through the early stage of competing with other regions,completely wiped out by Igbo military officers.

While the other regions had their leaders, that could not be said of northerners.

In life, leadership is key. Those Igbo officers who murdered the 1st republic northern leaders technically killed the North.

It is better left than imagined the colossal loss the west may have faced if the late sage , Pa Awolowo, had been murdered like the northern leaders. That Pa Awo lived long enough to die in his sleep at a ripe age after producing so much like him, is a testament that the Igbo military officers who killed northern leaders did not mean well for this country. That single action really hurt the North and Nigeria by extension.

The north is the main casualty of the Nigerian project after the evil cowardly murder of their first and perhaps best set of leaders sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Salewa97: 3:56am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

First of all, what little resources is the East getting? Two of your states are Niger Delta and receiving 13% allocation so what exactly are you taking about? There are many of your states getting more allocation than some SW states so I don’t understand what you mean by that statement. What do you mean by developer? How is East developed? Industries, IGR, GDP, infrastructure, socio-economic metrics? Best Universities? What exactly?

Yes I’ve been to the SE, can you compare the purchasing power of the SE region to the SW region?

How can Aba match Ogun in terms of industrial capacity? I don’t think I need to dwell too much on this because the data is there for all to see about industries. Closeness to Lagos? Should we move Ogun away from the map then so you can be happy?

Most SW indigenes prefer to travel by road to Lagos airport for international flight and people also prefer to travel across the SW in road transport which explained who the airports are not that generating traffic. Hope you know the SW states have more number of passports issuance than the SE? And this is not even about Lagos. Ogun and Oyo has more passport issuance than any state in the SE which shows you the Yorubas travel a lot overseas but we use the Lagos airport normally.

SE don’t have the highest number of admitted students, they wan steal an? Imo used to be on top few years ago, check the stats now, I think Oyo or Osun already topped Imo. If you are doing it on a gross scale the SW has more admitted students than the SE cumulatively.

SW also he the highest number of internet and voice subscribers in the whole country and I’m not even including Lagos into the metrics. Check NBS stats to see what I’m saying.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Salewa97: 4:03am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

Lagos to east is the most important economic route in this country ...but yet it's not even among the top 5 rail projects

Which policy is holding down the Igbos?

You guys have been with the ruling class since 1979 up till 2015 so I don’t know where this cries of marginalization or suppression is coming from. I mean vice to the North.

You guys are alarmists, never contented people who always cry blue murder everytime and using pity tactics to blackmail other ethnic groups.

You are the architect of your misfortune. Killed other tribes leaders and enacted the unitary system of government that killed Nigeria prospect.

As an Oyo state indigene, I will never forgive the Igbos for truncating the regional system of government.

Awolowo was buiding Dugbe as the regional Downtown of the Yorubas then and you can see high rise buildings and estates springing up around that axis then until the Igbo gust struck and the kunu sipping Ironsi gave that unification decree and that stalled the growth of Ibadan.

Ibadan used to be as good as Lagos then until the death of the regional government that made Ibadan now a shadow of itself with Lagos leaving it far behind.

If left to me, I want the government to give you your Biafra to save us of the constant noise and rubbish. You have benefited more from Nigeria than Nigeria benefited from you. That is a fact!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Salewa97: 4:10am On Jan 22, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

The north suffered and still continue to suffer most. They had their young 1st republic leaders, who should have led them through the early stage of competing with other regions,completely wiped out by Igbo military officers.

While the other regions had their leaders, that could not be said of northerners.

In life, leadership is key. Those Igbo officers who murdered the 1st republic northern leaders technically killed the North.

It is better left than imagined the colossal loss the west may have faced if the late sage , Pa Awolowo, had been murdered like the northern leaders. That Pa Awo lived long enough to die in his sleep at a ripe age after producing so much like him, is a testament that the Igbo military officers who killed northern leaders did not mean well for this country. That single action really hurt the North and Nigeria by extension.

The north is the main casualty of the Nigerian project after the evil cowardly murder of their first and perhaps best set of leaders sir.

God bless you.

At some point the Northern region generates more revenue than the Eastern region to the government purse then. That is a fact!

The greedy Igbos offset the balance of this nation and threw it into chaos at the infant stage only for them to turn around and now throwing the pity tactics on the media space.

Go to clubhouse and the social media in general, an average Igbo man always cry marginalization and demonize other ethnic group while absolving themselves of the blame.

It is nauseating and I think the government should just give them Biafran and let us rest. Not that Nigeria need their SE region, they are unproductive.

The SE is not the industrial hub of this nation. They are not the food producing region of this nation. They are not the resources producing region of this nation. They are not the entertainment capital of this nation. They are not the Fin-tech and IT hub of this nation so why the hell is the Nigerian government even holding onto them?

The main thing is the ND oil, the argument is that if Igbos are allowed to leave then the Niger Delta too might leave with their oil. That is the current wahala we are facing and not that we actually need the SE as a region.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by ipobarethieves: 4:26am On Jan 22, 2021
sad angry angry Nor consign me angry.Abeg angry angry ? Who get patami Number fbk, Twitter , address angry angry..Ivwan tell am sumtin angry
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by SW1st: 4:28am On Jan 22, 2021
grin
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Sirjamo: 4:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:
Tomorrow one useless stats would be realesed how Kano import more containers than the whole south east

Last year the rest of Nigeria were crying economic downturn but trust me never have I seen Soo many new cars in south east n all over igbo land
When Igbo where holding all the important positions during Jonathan era, what did they do for the south east? Name one big project commissioned by the PDP in SE for sixteen years, just one.

22 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by tsdarkside(m): 4:56am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

this is how the civil war started....

why are you south easterners like this....??
always boastin,always blamin others....

22 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Aconomist: 5:52am On Jan 22, 2021
Salewa97:

You guys have been with the ruling class since 1979 up till 2015 so I don’t know where this cries of marginalization or suppression is coming from. I mean vice to the North.

You guys are alarmists, never contented people who always cry blue murder everytime and using pity tactics to blackmail other ethnic groups.

You are the architect of your misfortune. Killed other tribes leaders and enacted the unitary system of government that killed Nigeria prospect.

As an Oyo state indigene, I will never forgive the Igbos for truncating the regional system of government.

Awolowo was buiding Dugbe as the regional Downtown of the Yorubas then and you can see high rise buildings and estates springing up around that axis then until the Igbo gust struck and the kunu sipping Ironsi gave that unification decree and that stalled the growth of Ibadan.

Ibadan used to be as good as Lagos then until the death of the regional government that made Ibadan now a shadow of itself with Lagos leaving it far behind.

If left to me, I want the government to give you your Biafra to save us of the constant noise and rubbish. You have benefited more from Nigeria than Nigeria benefited from you. That is a fact!
Interesting points
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by FlyoruB: 6:28am On Jan 22, 2021
The Op is a typical alarmist ibo. The article he dug up to make his point is from over year ago if you clicked that link (January 2020), long before the Lagos-Ibadan rail was even completed for its current skeletal service and operations. Amaechi was specifically talking about the Warri to Abuja and Abuja to Kaduna rail lines, which as at then were not witnessing cargo traffic. But trust the bitter Igbos to twist facts (as usual), and wail about marginalization while creating a false impression and narrative.

That was how they made it seem like they were being forced to use Lagos ports due to a deliberate policy by the FG to make the Eastern ports unviable, when in actual fact they were the ones that were refusing to fully utilize the Onne port in Rivers. They must always find reasons to scapegoat others for their problems in life.

Amaechi's comment in that article merely underscored the need for the rails to be linked directly to the Lagos and other ports, because until then, there would be no incentive for importers to move goods to other parts of the country by rail. As at today, thousands of cargoes are being transported by road to the North daily, so the lack of usage isn't due to lack of demand for the service but rather to accessibility of the service to that demographic for now.

Even if all the SE cities are linked by rail today (without being linked to the ports), that route would be no different from the Abuja-Kaduna route which is always overbooked and sold out but yet isn't attracting cargoes. Afterall, there are more ibos in the North than in Lagos and the SW, yet ibo traders that ply those routes aren't using the Warri-Abuja and Abuja-Kaduna rails to move goods to and from the North.

The line linking the Lagos ports to the new rails are currently under construction.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Jimi24: 6:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Aconomist:
According to the Nigerian government, not a single piece of cargo has been transported on the new rails. Basically, this means the project is unviable. Clearly, an East to West rail would have been the better use of the FOREX.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/01/29/fg-bemoans-non-utilisation-of-railway-for-cargo-evacuation/

You are a liar. Most of you are liars that is why you are not getting what you want politically. A rail project was launched a few months back and you are saying it has failed. LIAR.
The cargo element of rail is going to evolve with time with great impact to internal costs within the economy and GDP.
We are going to need the terminals and cargo handling aspects which will evolve through private sector participation.

If you expect the Nigerian economy to be a trailer and tanker driven one with go-slows, fire incidents and Dangote trucks parked all over busy highways then go back to your village, you are not ready for the new Nigeria.

Rail as come to stay. Get your brains working on how to derive cost efficiencies from it. Stop moaning. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because Nigeria is prigressing

20 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2021
tsdarkside:

this is how the civil war started....

why are you south easterners like this....??
always boastin,always blamin others....
What is wrong with boasting about our achievement ?
Of e pain u why not achieve yours
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 22, 2021
Sirjamo:
When Igbo where holding all the important positions during Jonathan era, what did they do for the south east? Name one big project commissioned by the PDP in SE for sixteen years, just one.
Name the important position we held during Jonathan adminstration

Only a full would take a loan to build railline because it's simple ...rail , refinery n aviation are the heavy capital n little or nonprofit ventures out there

Rail line is good but borrowing to build them is madness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 22, 2021
Sirjamo:
PDP lunched 3 sat into orbit without borrowing nothing apc has done to Match that but u have to be smart to know that

By the way I supported APC in 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by tsdarkside(m): 6:42am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

which achievement....??
since when is transportin stuffs in your anus to abroad achievement....

7 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Salewa97:

You asked what policy where against Igbos yet u say we are the architect of our misfortune ...lmao

Want to know the policy ?you really want to know ?
Infact who doesn't know Nigeria has marginalized Igbos ....imo power south west power plants yet have no single power plant ?

Nsukka gas well , ebonyi oil wells ,n many igbo oil well refused to be opened so Igbos won't have money

Exclusive from national rail line policy

Having by far the least police commissioners despite being most educated ?

Our airports even tho far more viable are closed for at least 3 times a year

Check points every one km ... costing Igbos 100s of billions in extortion

None functioning n linking if eastern ports by rail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 22, 2021
tsdarkside:

which achievement....??
since when is transportin stuffs in your anus to abroad achievement....
America was largely built with drug money ....maybe u need to research that ...

Name your tribe first let's start from there
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Gbagura: 6:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

Ogun is the most industrialized state. Ogun has the highest numbers of tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Lagos is the entertainment, IT, financial and commercial hub of Nigeria and I can go on and on. How on earth is SE so special in the grand scheme of things? Must you boast and wail for the world to know SE exist as a region in Nigeria?

Lagos and Abuja only matters to the international community not some Imo and Enugu state. If you were to be a foreign investor coming to Nigeria for the first time, would you have preferred an Enugu to Lagos or ogun? On what trajectory of development would you have move your investment to SE ahead of Lagos, ogun and Oyo?

If Biafra breaks away today, 60% of your fellow igbos would beg Yoruba to allow them stay behind and that's what we have been longing for. We shall dictate our terms to your flat skulls by then and let's see if you gonna have the guts to call Lagos 'no man's land' or any of our Yoruba land. We are waiting oo

15 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by tsdarkside(m): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

America was largely built with drug money ....maybe u need to research that ...

Name your tribe first let's start from there

now its drugs....
it was not with slaves anymore....

oohh,africans went their on vacations....

5 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2021
Gbagura:
Ogun is the most industrialized state. Ogun has the highest numbers of tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Lagos is the entertainment, IT, financial and commercial hub of Nigeria and I can go on and on. How on earth is SE so special in the grand scheme of things? Must you boast and wail for the world to know SE exist as a region in Nigeria?

Lagos and Abuja only matters to the international community not some Imo and Enugu state. If you were to be a foreign investor coming to Nigeria for the first time, would you have preferred an Enugu to Lagos or ogun? On what trajectory of development would you have move your investment to SE ahead of Lagos, ogun and Oyo?

If Biafra breaks away today, 60% of your fellow igbos would beg Yoruba to allow them stay behind and that's what we have been longing for. We shall dictate our terms to your flat skulls by then and let's see if you gonna have the guts to call Lagos 'no man's land' or any of our Yoruba land. We are waiting oo
LMAO ..... have u ever been to igbo land ? I doubt

If Nigeria breaks I wonder who would give u light first of all

One tap in imo and the whole south west is in darkness ......don't brag too much

Aba can match ogun with industry ...yet it's not close to Lagos ...yet doesn't have the gas layouts obj did for ota

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by tsdarkside(m): 6:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

LMAO ..... have u ever been to igbo land ? I doubt

If Nigeria breaks I wonder who would give u light first of all

One tap in imo and the whole south west is in darkness ......don't brag too much

Aba can match ogun with industry ...yet it's not close to Lagos ...yet doesn't have the gas layouts obj did for ota

abegi,stop yappin....if south east was eldorado,una would not bother to move around....

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"To Pee Or Not To Pee?" - Daily Trust, Northerners Mock Tinubu / Tinubu Has Problem In North / The Moment A Brave Man Captured A ‘witch’ Flying At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.