Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen (17967 Views)

Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor / Salihu Lukman: How Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC Was Stalled / Salihu Lukman: Buhari Has Finally Rescued Himself From Party Godfathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Racoon(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
OPC threatens to mobilise militant groups in support of Akeredolu

Director-General of the Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), Dr. Salihu Lukman, has supported Governor Rotimi Akeredolu for asking herdsmen to vacate Ondo State forest reserves within seven days.He argued that the objective was to ensure that the forest reserves were not used as hideouts for kidnappers, bandits and other criminal elements.

In a statement titled: Caution on Divisive Campaigns And National Security Challenges, he maintained that no rational Nigerian, could oppose the measure generating serious debate, which is at variance with Akeredolu’s intended objective.

Lukman, however, argued that the debate on the issue was a complete departure from Garba Shehu’s call for restraint, which urged the state government and Fulani communities to continue their dialogue for better understanding that would end the security challenges in the state.

He added that the situation required courage on the part of those entrusted with the country’s leadership to be able to initiate any effective reform on the security situation in the country.

“As things are, every Nigerian should recognise that we are in an emergency situation. The false divisive notion of any group initiative independent of others in resolving our security challenges can only worsen the situation.

“The ‘We and Them’ public debate, which appears to dominate national conversation, especially regarding the security challenges is unfortunate.

“We must caution ourselves rise beyond sentiments and emotions. Above all, we must appeal to our leaders to be more circumspect in engaging the issues. Rather than making public statements, which can activate our fault lines, our leaders should develop stronger strategies of engaging all Nigerians to contract and mobilise implementation of agreements.”

BESIDES, traditional rulers in Ondo State yesterday declared that the Fulani were free to live and conduct their legitimate businesses anywhere in the country including Ondo

They backed Governor Akeredolu’s order on criminal herdsmen to vacate forest reserves within seven days, insisting that the Fulani must respect the private property rights of Ondo people.

Olukare of Ikare, Oba Akadiri Momoh, who stated this in a communiqué issued after their emergency meeting, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to show to the world that he was indeed a father of all Nigerians irrespective of ethnic affiliations.

Meanwhile, the O’dua Peoples Congress (OPC) New Era, yesterday, urged the Federal Government to allow Governor Akeredolu to fix the security challenges in Ondo State.The group threatened that it was ready to mobilise all militant groups in the Southwest to support the governor.

National Public Relations Officer (PRO) of OPC New Era, Adesina Akinpelu, in a statement in Ibadan expressed worry over Federal Government’s attack on Akeredolu for his decision to regulate movement of Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.It cautioned the Federal Government against forcing OPC members to mobilise their members in the South- South and Southeast regions in support of Akeredolu.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/pgf-ondo-monarchs-back-quit-notice-to-herdsmen/

6 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Fahdiga(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
We the Yorubas prefers to live with peaceful Fulani herdsmen than terrorists IPOB

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Racoon(m): 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
“You must rise to protect yourselves from these people, if you depend on the Arm Forces to protect you, you will all die.These killers have been protected by the military, they cover them and you must be watchful to guide and protect yourselves because you have no any other place to go”

The ethnic cleansing must stop now otherwise Somalia will be a child play.I ask all of you to be on your alert and defend your country, defend your state....."
Defend yourselves or you will all die, TY Danjuma tells Nigerians
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/defend-will-die-ty-danjuma-tells-nigerians/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
LOL, mobilize militants? grin grin grin grin

The SW should NOT provoke those Herdsmen sha cos IF THEM RETALIATE, even Federal Government no go fit quell the raging inferno!

Therefore, I use Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala beg una to STOP heating up the polity if una no want wahala! Cos when these herdsmen retaliate, even the US government no go fit quell the raging inferno!

I dun talk my own... If you are a Christian, remember... That the souls that sinneth should repent and seek the face OF El Shaddai, OR ELSE shall die... And then, be resurrected in the raging inferno!

Shikena!

Those who have ears, let them hear... For I, the servant of God Almighty, have spoken...

God bless Nigeria...
Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by BigSarah(f): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
This talk is getting too much already...

2 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Racoon(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Ok
Meaning you will rather prefer "It would be better for those that were oppose to cattle ranching to provide lands than to die in the herdsmen’s attacks.What would the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day...."?
http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/23/deacon-femi-adesina-shameless-sanballat-bayo-oluwasanmi

11 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by forgiveness: 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
Never again.
Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Sammy07: 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
[s]
SilverNorGold:

The SW should not provoke those Herdsmen sha cos IF THEM RETALIATE, even Federal Government no go fit quell the raging inferno!
[/s]

I won't curse you bro.
But may posterity judge you for not defending your land and want to act as a sabotage to those who are ready to defend it.

By the way.
Buhari is acting deaf now.
If history repeats itself we will definitely not let it happen on Yoruba soil
Rather Kaduna, sokoto and other Fulani states

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Sammy07: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
We the Yorubas prefers to live with peaceful Fulani herdsmen than terrorists IPOB
[/s]

University of Ibadan cures all kinds of ailments.
Maybe you thought you're in the mist of your fellow ma.d men.

This is cyber space.

57 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
Good to go
Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Yujin(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:

The SW should NOT provoke those Herdsmen sha cos IF THEM RETALIATE, even Federal Government no go fit quell the raging inferno!

Therefore, I use Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala beg una to STOP heating up the polity if una no want wahala! Cos when these herdsmen retaliate, even the US government no go fit quell the raging inferno!

I dun talk my own... If you are a Christian, remember... That the souls that sinneth should repent and seek the face OF El Shaddai, OR ELSE shall die... And thereafter, they'll be resurrected in the raging inferno!

Shikena!

Those who have ears, let them hear... For I, the servant of God Almighty, have spoken...

God bless Nigeria...
See devil quoting Bible... Lol chai... Na so your fear reach? Don't worry, there's no need for the US government to quench anything. All those blood terrorist fulani militia spilled all the way from the middlebelt down to southern Nigeria shall be avenged in multiple folds. We don keep Bible for one side to face the terrorism head on. Death has lost its sting already. Those who think they're invincible will bleed too. Watch as the days unfold.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Fahdiga(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

University of Ibadan cures all kinds of ailments.
Maybe you thought you're in the mist of your fellow ma.d men.

This is cyber space.
So says a Mallam that beheads people for fun

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Olatunji1929: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:

I dun talk my own... If you are a Christian, remember... That the souls that sinneth should repent and seek the face OF El Shaddai, OR ELSE shall die... And thereafter, be resurrected in the raging inferno!

Shikena!

God bless Nigeria...
ogun lakeye loma pa e tiran tiran omo eru

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Tranquillity360: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Igbos should leave our land for us.
Fulanis are our brothers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Sammy07: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
Olatunji1929:
ogun lakeye loma pa e tiran tiran omo eru

Ase
Amen in Jesus name
Ami na ya Allah

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Fahdiga(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Igbos should leave our land for us.
Fulanis are our brothers.
This picture depicts what we the Yorubas are fighting for

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by christistruth01: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
Fahdiga:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/ohanaeze-ndigbo-condemns-Igbos-call-to-destroy-yoruba-assets-in-lagos/

7 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Fahdiga(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
christistruth01:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/ohanaeze-ndigbo-condemns-Igbos-call-to-destroy-yoruba-assets-in-lagos/
We the Yorubas have rejected the Igbos and accepted Fulani herdsmen. Our culture is similar to that of the Fulanis

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Charmingrascal(m): 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
It's only a bastard that will not back whatever will give his/her people peace of mind.

Since it is clear that Buhari's Presidency is sympathetic and emotionally attached to the terrorists herdsmen it is important for every sane person in the South to back any quit notice given to herders.

None of them is peaceful, the pretentiously peaceful ones are shielding the terrorists and killers among them.

Fulani must leave our forests, they should go and rent apartment in the town and stop living in the forests like baboons that they are.

9 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by olympianares: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:

I dun talk my own... If you are a Christian, remember... That the souls that sinneth should repent and seek the face OF El Shaddai, OR ELSE shall die... And then, be resurrected in the raging inferno!

Shikena!

God bless Nigeria...
Realisation has dawned on me that some humans consciously choose to walk around without brains..But I don't still understand how this guy made his possible.

21 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

I won't curse you bro.
But may posterity judge you for not defending your land and want to act as a sabotage to those who are ready to defend it.

By the way.
Buhari is acting deaf now.
If history repeats itself we will definitely not let it happen on Yoruba soil
Rather Kaduna, sokoto and other Fulani states

My brother, there's insecurity everywhere, even in the so-called saner climes. Similarly, there are criminal elements in every tribe.. So why single out the Fulani for crucifixion? What happened to the so-called Amotekun? Thought they were created to tackle this same Herdsmen ish? Oh, they are busy maiming, raping, and committing all manner of atrocities, right?

Okay o, I no go talk much sha... We dey watch... If una like, make una EXPEL all Northerners from una region just as una ban Arrewa and other Northerners from una Forum, na una wahala.. As for us, na God Almighty we dey depend on to help fight our battle. He go protect us. He go defend us... So go ahead, kill innocent Fulani and Northerners cos of the activities of a few bad eggs... We go gladly turn the other cheek.. If you kill our fathers, we go give una our mothers make una kill.. If una cut our right hand, we go give una our left hand.. Anything una like, make una do. Na una get Nigeria.. The rest of us go just dey watch una..

So carry on.. Expel us from Yoruba land and ban us from nairaland, God go help us..

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Completeguy(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Shikena!

God bless Nigeria...
Get well soon.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Sammy07: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
[s]
SilverNorGold:

My brother, there's insecurity everywhere, even in the so-called saner climes. Similarly, there are criminal elements in every tribe.. So why single out the Fulani for crucifixion? What happened to the so-called Amotekun? Thought they were created to tackle this same Herdsmen ish? Oh, they are busy maiming, raping, and committing all manner of atrocities, right?

Okay o, I no go talk much sha... We dey watch... If una like, make una EXPEL all Northerners from una region just as una ban Arrewa and other Northerners from una Forum, na una wahala.. As for us, na God Almighty we dey depend on to help fight our battle. He go protect us. He go defend us... So go ahead, kill innocent Fulani and Northerners cos of the activities of a few bad eggs... We go gladly turn the other cheek.. If you kill our fathers, we go give una our mothers make una kill.. If una cut our right hand, we go give una our left hand.. Anything una like, make una do. Na una get Nigeria.. The rest of us go just dey watch una..

So carry on.. Expel us from Yoruba land and ban us from nairaland, God go help us..

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

See reasoning abeq.
So amotekun should be everywhere? In every street

Lols, get away from my mention

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

See reasoning abeq.
So amotekun should be everywhere? In every street

Lols, get away from my mention

Lol, my brother.. I will "get away" but make una tread carefully sha.. That's my advice..

God bless us all.
Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Sammy07: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Lol, my brother.. I will "get away" but make una tread carefully sha.. That's my advice..

God bless us all.

Oga truth is you can't win war with an average Yoruba.
That's it.

You've done that before you've been defeated.
Nothing we happen we are a major tribe not a riff riff tribe

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Enugupikin: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Getting interesting, no backing out

3 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Mouhstorph5(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeria is sitting on a ticking time bomb

2 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Oga truth is you can't win war with an average Yoruba.
That's it.

You've done that before you've been defeated.
Nothing we happen we are a major tribe not a riff riff tribe

Been defeated? Defeat the North? My brother, mind citing instances?

God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Gida-Gida Emerges NNPP Governorship Candidate In Kano / EndSARS: Nigerian Youths Do Not Begin, End In Lagos - Keyamo / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Three Roads Network In Alimosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.