Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead (60614 Views)

Sunday Igboho's Supporters Storm The Court In Cotonou (Photos) / No More Herdsmen – Sunday Igboho Faces Soldiers, Policemen / Amotekun Officers Open Fire In Oyo, Two Killed, Scores Injured | (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Tochj(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2021
gambia:
I have said this numerous times, Nigeria needs to disintegrate to avert further bloodshed in nearest future. The marriage has failed, so no point forcing people with different ideologies and cultures to be together, its totally insane.
Foolishness of our people Na follow come.
It's so obvious that Nigeria can't work
Not today
Not tommorow
Not forever
End Nigeria and save lives
They said No
We are patriotic
I go clear our eyes soon.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Kayharry(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2021
Nothing like clash and no one died .
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by stickle(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2021
Agadinaagwuofe:

Very correct! In as much as I support his agitation but the security forces are going to clamp down heavily on him and I fear if care is not taken he may go "gana" way.
He must have considered all of that but I heard him told his supporters from the podium that there is no problem. I think the will be some kind of understanding between Fulani leaders and Yoruba leaders. The message is clear
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Lilyw: 10:23am On Jan 23, 2021
So your report is 100% based on rumours

Must you report to unnecessarily inflame the matter. Report facts and being sensational
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:24am On Jan 23, 2021
Mrbenny001:
I understand your point.. but no matter how powerful he is.. no single man can fight a whole fulani empire.. besides, Yoruba believe they are very diabolical and has unmatchable charms but Fulani are very primitive and diabolical as well with more stronger arms with federal might

When I come across comments like yours,I just laugh ! You stupidly assume Sunday Igboho is all Yoruba people have to fight, defend and defeat fulanis terrorists,right ?

Let me give a little hint. You see,during the Ife - Modakeke war in which Sunday Igboho actively participated, he was a fighter who was operating or fighting behind a warlord. He was not even a warlord then ! Yoruba warlords are the deadliest "demons" you can ever imagine and they are in hundreds in Yoruba land. That was the message Alaafin of Oyo was passing to Buhari in his letter. Google the word "Agbekoya" and come back here to tell me what you read about them.

Igboho himself said it in one of the numerous online videos that his job was to pave way for the these warlords to move in when the situation gets messier. Believe it or not,fulanis,foreign or local,are no match for the Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by lordatkinson07(m): 10:25am On Jan 23, 2021
Let the governor keeps ranting. This issue is beyond what he is assuming
When the number one king in Yoruba land is not against IGBOHO action
When the Are-ona Kankafo is not against his action

Whatever the AFENIFE (BI) RE is saying is immaterial

Meanwhile, patiently waiting for the Miyetti allah to come and issue press statement too.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Omoikarekimire(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2021
Mr President could have seize this opportunity and make himself as the true commander of army of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,put everyone into check and let them be peaceful with each other.This is an opportunity for u please seize it and restore peace as soon as possible.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by VirginSearcher(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2021
They should go to there land to do their business.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by BigCowH0rn: 10:29am On Jan 23, 2021
It happened in the east and you all kept silent

Now it's red in the west. I will keep silent. grin

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Omezif(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2021
Nothing like tribalism in southern part of nigeria the problem is killing our people like they are nothing.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by chubinwa(m): 10:33am On Jan 23, 2021
Fulani is one of Nigeria biggest security threat. they have to be ejected to forestall peace in the land.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by mutvy: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2021
Everybody is calling for war and it seems the war is about to start. Oh God, let the war begins.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by ChikaSunday(m): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2021
privaldo:
Olufemi Olaniyi and Wale Oyewale

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/two-feared-dead-as-herdsmen-sunday-igbohos-supporters-clash-in-oyo/%3famp=1]https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/two-feared-dead-as-herdsmen-sunday-igbohos-supporters-clash-in-oyo/[/url]

I have said this many times, this country should be divided into 5:

(1) AREWA REPUBLIC

(2) ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

(3) REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA

(4) NIGER-DELTA REPUBLIC

(5) CONFLUENCE REPUBLIC

It has long been overdue
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Temysteve(m): 10:38am On Jan 23, 2021
SmartPolician:

Fulani is too small to challenge Nigeria to a civil war.

We will clear them in a split second.

The war can only last long if the Hausas support them.

Most of the Fulanis we see today are not Nigerians.

I don't understand how they made their way into this country and became so powerful.
The Hausa will surely support them because they are from the same region.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Esanboy111(m): 10:38am On Jan 23, 2021
capatainrambo:
Addressing the youths, Igboho said, “They started deploying soldiers here since yesterday (Thursday). When our people were being kidnapped and killed, there was not soldier to be deployed to secure them.
this got my attention too
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by tamdun: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2021
Mikecold:
Islam bro, Islam made them penetrate made them Terrorists
Pls don't bring religion into this, most of herdsmen victims in North West are muslims, these people just want to grab our land and we will fight back, it has nothing to do with Religion

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Agadinaagwuofe: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2021
zikter:
Looking at the tribe he comes from, Yoruba being a major tribe and stakeholder in Nigeria, he may not go the Gana way. The security outfits and FG will be very cautious, anything drastic and the situation will escalate beyond easy control

This is very true...I just hope the leaders and top politician from the zone will back him otherwise with Makinde and afenifere distancing themselves don't be surprise he will be left out on the sun to be fried, I hope that won't happen cos I believe he is on a just cause.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Davasco: 10:44am On Jan 23, 2021
Well the truth is obvious: Yoruba people and "backstabbing". you can just imagine, their governor is backing d Fulani to unleash doom on his people just like his ancestor AFONJA.
Am not surprise at all #Its their work oh. But he shuld remember Ilorin, nd learn a lesson.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by hstar: 10:45am On Jan 23, 2021
pointblank247:
So Nnamdi kanu was right after all ?
Very right

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Eriokanmi: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2021
Princedapace:

Well, kanu did same until soldiers deployed python dance. Wait until fg deploy spacial military force to fight him, u will know if he will be seen on sight again.

Kanu has setup a unit that is fighting the fulanis in the forest. I actually think that there is no need to drag kanu into this. No one can fight govt alone. If we want progress, we must unite to fight. No need shame dragging.

If every region comes against Sunday now, and FG deploys special force against him, he will also disappear.
FYI, the federal force was already on ground since early this week. Sunday even made a statement, if you read the news post well. In spite of the presence of the security personnel made up of Nigerian army, Sunday still went ahead to evacuate the herders from their settlements...that's bravery. He wasn't running with his boys rather they did the needful in spite of the military presence.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Mrbenny001: 10:49am On Jan 23, 2021
Oga calm down.. he might be powerful but historically.. fulani has brought many mighty men and kingdoms to halt.. don't be quick to forget the Are Afonja.. fulani conquered sokoto..Kano.. Zaria..kebbi..most entire up
north.. don't be too primi
OROSUNBOLB:

When I come across comments like yours,I just laugh ! You stupidly assume Sunday Igboho is all Yoruba people have to fight, defend and defeat fulanis terrorists,right ?

Let me give a little hint. You see,during the Ife - Modakeke war in which Sunday Igboho actively participated, he was a fighter who was operating or fighting behind a warlord. He was not even a warlord then ! Yoruba warlords are the deadliest "demons" you can ever imagine and they are in hundreds in Yoruba land. That was the message Alaafin of Oyo was passing to Buhari in his letter. Google the word "Agbekoya" and come back here to tell me what you read about them.

Igboho himself said it in one of the numerous online videos that his job was to pave way for the these warlords to move in when the situation gets messier. Believe it or not,fulanis,foreign or local,are no match for the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Mrbenny001: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Oga calm down.. he might be powerful but historically.. fulani has brought many mighty men and kingdoms to halt.. don't be quick to forget the Are Afonja.. fulani conquered sokoto..Kano.. Zaria..kebbi..most entire up
north.. don't be too primitive
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Mac2016(m): 10:50am On Jan 23, 2021
SmartPolician:

I don't understand how they made their way into this country and became so powerful.
I can see you think only the Normadic ones are Fulanis. The real ones, that are inextricably connected with the Normadic ones, are in power places in Nigeria e.g Aso Rock!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Princedapace(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2021
Eriokanmi:
FYI, the federal force was already on ground since early this week. Sunday even made a statement, if you read the news post well. In spite of the presence of the security personnel made up of Nigerian army, Sunday still went ahead to evacuate the herders from their settlements...that's bravery. He wasn't running with his boys rather they did the needful in spite of the military presence.

Baba, they are two different things and pls do the needful, stop comparing. It is childish. I don't have such strength. Kanu was fighting to break away from Nigeria. Sunday is asking killer herds men to leave. He is not moving around asking yoruba to separate from Nigeria.

Sending military to curtail issue and drafting a spacial force to fight anyone trying to leave Nigeria are two different things.

If Sunday's protest is for yoruba to leave Nigeria, then it is a different ball game. And pls, stop the comparison. No need for that. Nigerians have suffered too much in the name of one Nigeria. Anyone who is working to end this or change the system has my support.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by hstar: 10:54am On Jan 23, 2021
Dpharisee:
Nnamdi Kanu warned about the current situation long before now and many Yorubas called him names. Today the chicken has come home to roost
He did o

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Eriokanmi: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2021
Princedapace:

Baba, they are two different things and pls do the needful, stop comparing. It is childish. I don't have such strength. Kanu was fighting to break away from Nigeria. Sunday is asking killer herds men to leave. He is not moving around asking yoruba to separate from Nigeria.

Sending military to curtail issue and drafting a spacial force to fight anyone trying to leave Nigeria are two different things.

If Sunday's protest is for yoruba to leave Nigeria, then it is a different ball game. And pls, stop the comparison. No need for that. Nigerians have suffered too much in the name of one Nigeria. Anyone who is working to end this or change the system has my support.
I understand you very well but you don't seem to Know Sunday Igboho very well. He's an agitator for the Republic of Odu'a. Read about him.
Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by PHijo(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2021
bonechamberlain:
OBJ and GEJ really messed up, they had the opportunity to put these uncivilized Fulani's in their rightful place but greed, self centeredness and weakness couldn't allow them do that.

Only in Nigeria you see Fulani being so powerful and rich. An ethnic group that can't compete fairly in everything, they have no innovative spirit, educationally they can't compete with anyone but they are the richest in the country, destroying all laws and due process to favour themselves. angry

They see nigeria as their safe heaven because southerners and the middle belt have been churnning out very stupid and myopic leaders. Outside Nigeria they are a plague, almost everyone wants to avoid.

Responsible Fulani's should start speaking up now.

I pity Fulani's after 2023. angry

The Yoruba elite undermined Jonathan. If the likes of Tinubu didn't give a known Fulani extremist and Islamic fundamentalist like Buhari the support they gave him in 2014 the Fulani would not have been emboldened.

They even went a step further by pairing him up with a RCCG pastor to make him look less like a bigot.

It was the same Yoruba elite led by Tinubu who robbed a Yoruba woman of the chance of becoming a speaker, instead they supported a Fulani from Sokoto who made governance difficult throughout Jonathan's final 4 years.

The Yoruba elite placed Jonathan in a precarious position.

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by olisaEze(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2021
SmartPolician:

Thru the Hausas and (so sad to use dis term) the Afonjas aka foolish Yorubas led by Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Princedapace(m): 11:04am On Jan 23, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I understand you very well but you don't seem to Know Sunday Igboho very well. He's an agitator for the Republic of Odu'a. Read about him.

I read that too. He is. We are talking about this current move. I dont shade anyone who is doing anything to put up a structure that pull down the current structure we have. The current structure that we have is a mess.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by Dansuqi: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

Sorry,how can Sunday fight in ife/modakeke war when he is not from osun state

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen & Sunday Igboho’s Supporters Clash In Oyo; Two Feared Dead by francisgoshen01: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2021
We need to fight for our land. Not just for us alone but for our generations yet unborn. That was how Ilorin was taken over by the Fulanis till today. They are alien on our land and they cannot be dictating to us or take over our land. Yoruba o! E je ka pe ajo to nironu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects / Accident: Natasha Akpoti In Abuja Hospital (Photos) / Ex-FRSC Boss Buys Off Govt’s 7-day Old N13m Jeep As Scrap, Paying N150,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.