Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? (615 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / 16-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter/Will Before Her Death In The North. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by merxi55(f): 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2021
Dear fellow Nairalanders,

Good day all,

I intend to relocate my family from the North, precisely Kaduna state to the East (state not yet known), I lost my dad in Dec and I can't afford to leave my mum and siblings in the North as the distance coming to the East is way too far, one of the reasons they don't come to the village often than they should. We're from Imo state.
I stay in Lagos and Lagos would be very stressful for them.

Please help me,

-What does it entail to relocate to the East?
-What Eastern part is better in terms of standard of living, eg accommodation, feeding, business, transportation etc.
-Starting a small business for my mum, what kind of business can I start for her, and where in the East would be easier?
-What else do I need to consider before relocating?

Please I need your advice.
Thank you.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by Nbotee(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
First things first, relocating from a state to anoda state where dey do not know anyone or would b starting afresh may b too much for dem especially as U will b relocating the whole family. It means new home, skool and a new life.

what business do U plan on going into?
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by merxi55(f): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nbotee:
First things first, what business do U plan on going into?
for my mum I meant. Don't know yet. At least business that isn't capital intensive.
Hence my questions.

Thank you.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by Mgbadike80: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
merxi55:
for my mum I meant. Don't know yet. At least business that isn't capital intensive.
Hence my questions.

Thank you.
if she have trusted hands in the North, they can be waybilling foodstuffs to her in the east to sell.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by Nbotee(m): 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
merxi55:
Hence my questions.

Thank you.

Enugu looks the most likely destination in my opinion. I'm from Imo state as well but Owerri is a very expensive town to live.. Onitsha wouldn't b too nice on a newbie and Ebonyi isn't too exposed compared to other Eastern states. Like the person above stated, food business is a business dat u can't go wrong with. She can begin to make contacts about getting things like Onions, tomatoes and egusi for resale
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by CanadianNaija: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
merxi55:
Dear fellow Nairalanders,

Good day all,

I intend to relocate my family from the North, precisely Kaduna state to the East (state not yet known), I lost my dad in Dec and I can't afford to leave my mum and siblings in the North as the distance coming to the East is way too far, one of the reasons they don't come to the village often than they should. We're from Imo state.
I stay in Lagos and Lagos would be very stressful for them.

Please help me,

-What does it entail to relocate to the East?
-What Eastern part is better in terms of standard of living, eg accommodation, feeding, business, transportation etc.
-Starting a small business for my mum, what kind of business can I start for her, and where in the East would be easier?
-What else do I need to consider before relocating?

Please I need your advice.
Thank you.

Nnewi. It’s a small city, close to Imo state but also a place where business will thrive.

As for what kind of business to start, isn’t your mum an adult? If you have to help her decide what business to start how will she take it serious after you have invested the money in the business?
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by etrouble: 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
So we still have Southerners living with heartless blood sucking vampires in the North. You are on your own. We are sacking every single Northerner from the South.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by Caaz: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
Mgbadike80:
if she have trusted hands in the North, they can be waybilling foodstuffs to her in the east to sell.
Seconded
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by merxi55(f): 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2021
Mgbadike80:
hmmm, she may have to start looking out for that. Thank you so much.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by merxi55(f): 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
CanadianNaija:

Nnewi. It’s a small city, close to Imo state but also a place where business will thrive.

As for what kind of business to start, isn’t your mum an adult? If you have to help her decide what business to start how will she take it serious after you have invested the money in the business?
okay dear. Thanks for your thoughts... Much appreciated.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by merxi55(f): 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nbotee:

Enugu is looks the most likely destination in my opinion. I'm from Imo state as well but Owerri is a very expensive town to live. Like the person above stated, food business is a business dat u can't go wrong with. She can begin to make contacts about getting things like Onions, tomatoes and egusi for resale
thank you dear. Good thought... I'll let her know this.
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by olapeju39759: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2021
: if she have trusted hands in the North, they can be waybilling foodstuffs to her in the east to sell.Seconded
Re: Relocating From The North To The East, What Does It Entail? by Nbotee(m): 11:31pm On Jan 23, 2021
etrouble:
So we still have Southerners living with heartless blood sucking vampires in the North. You are on your own. We are sacking every single Northerner from the South.

Most of the Southerners living with the "heartless blood sucking vampires in the North" are the ones sustaining and developing the East from their Endeavors in the region. How many of U ppl in the East have actually done built houses, and brought home development to the villages like those ppl in those areas U despised??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make One's Wife A "Side Chick"... / Too Much Talk / Nigerian Man Replies Critics With A Prove That He Didn't Marry Oyibo For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.