Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette (56874 Views)

DSS Deploys Operatives To Arrest Godwin Emefiele On Sight - Peoples Gazette / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette / Buhari Orders Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Gabkosh: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2021
Szkpytqgdcvx925:

dont kill us we only will die when our time is up.
Okay, stay back. Then we will speed up your time.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by madmohamed(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
tociano009:
An irate President Muhammadu Buhari has endorsed the use of lethal force against Sunday Igboho and his supporters if they continue to “disturb public peace” in Oyo State, two police sources familiar with the matter told Peoples Gazette on Saturday.

Sunday Igboho, whose real name is Sunday Adeyemo, has been at the forefront of a controversial and illegal attempt to drive Nigerians of Fulani origin from Oyo State. The Nigerian Constitution accords all citizens the fundamental rights to live in any parts of the country, but Sunday Igboho and others have been riding on the anger of Yoruba political leadership against rising herdsmen violence to issue confrontational directives of their own.

Sunday Igboho led an army of his followers to Oke-Ogun parts of Oyo State on Friday, leading to a bloodshed that involved the razing of the home and other assets of a famous Fulani chief.

“The president was briefed on the matter and he said Sunday’s action can disturb public peace and it should stop,” a police chief told the Gazette by telephone Saturday afternoon. “We were told from IG’s office that the president has asked for Sunday Igboho and his followers to be shot at sight if they continue pushing to drag Nigeria into a civil war.”

Another police source told the Gazette that police Inspector-General Mohammed Adamu was seeking an alternative approach.

“He does not want to flout presidential directive, but he has been talking to Yoruba leaders to find other means of preventing the matter from escalating,” the senior police officer said by telephone. “A possible trip to the South-west is also on the table.” Both senior officers sought anonymity to discuss internal police communication.

Presidential spokesman Femi Adesina did not did not immediately return a request seeking comments about the president’s order, which could escalate brewing ethnic tensions if carried out by the police.

But earlier on Saturday morning, another presidential media aide Garba Shehu told the BBC that Mr. Adamu had sent out a signal for the arrest of Sunday Igboho and his supporters, leaving out the controversial shoot-on-sight directive of the president.

Mr. Buhari has a history of supporting bloodshed in Nigeria. As an opposition, he provoked his supporters to lynch hundreds of citizens after losing the 2011 presidential poll to Goodluck Jonathan. In December 2015 and October 2020, Mr. Buhari respectively supported the military massacres of over 1,000 Shi’a adherents in Zaria and dozens of anti-police brutality agitators in Lekki, Lagos.

https://peoplesgazette.com/herdsmen-buhari-asks-police-to-shoot-sunday-igboho-followers-on-sight/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

if I have any opportunities to assassinate this useless president i will do it. Fork buhari Fork DSS fork police fork soja fork efcc and fork Fulani all the mother forker fork you too

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by KingAlayinde(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
Szkpytqgdcvx925:
Nice mr Buhari.

No man is above the law & no man is above fulani.

this black ugly Yoruba cannot disturb the peace of this country. Shoot them like their is no tomorrow bcs that is the language they understand.

let me watch how southerners will "RANTING" here

you be didirin walahi

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
Sirjamo:
This blog site is one of the most useless blogs in Nigeria. Buhari cannot be stupid enough to issue a shoot at sight order on people trying to protect themselves from killers.

I am not happy that Igboho issued a blanket order for all Fulani to leave, not all of them are criminals, but since the good ones cannot expose the bad ones, all of them should leave.

The only thing I have ever supported about Nnamdi Kanu is the ESN, everyone cannot fold their hands and be watching, while some stinking herdsmen rape and kill their people. Enough is Enough!

I AM DONE TALKING

My brother, the good Yorubas should expose the bad ones, otherwise all of them should leave the Earth...

#MakeTheWorldABetterPlace...

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Sirjamo: 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, the good Yorubas should expose the bad ones, otherwise all of them should leave the Earth...

#MakeTheWorldABetterPlace...

God bless Nigeria.
Rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
Sirjamo:
Rubbish

My brother, it's not a matter of rubbish... I don't know why you lot are just too self-centered and hypocritical... Let the good Yorubas expose the bad ones... Let the good ones expose the ritual killers, fraudsters, criminals or else they should all be put to death!

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Litmus: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
Social Media legislation required.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Litmus: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2021
Social Media legislation required. Not just Nigeria, the world needs a symposium on Social Media. Majority of people in the world are stupid. Internet (Social Media) unbound is like placing hair-trigger automatic rifle in the hands of mental patients in asylum and releasing them on the world.
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by oshonwambada: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Sirjamo:
This blog site is one of the most useless blogs in Nigeria. Buhari cannot be stupid enough to issue a shoot at sight order on people trying to protect themselves from killers.

I am not happy that Igboho issued a blanket order for all Fulani to leave, not all of them are criminals, but since the good ones cannot expose the bad ones, all of them should leave.

The only thing I have ever supported about Nnamdi Kanu is the ESN, everyone cannot fold their hands and be watching, while some stinking herdsmen rape and kill their people. Enough is Enough!

I AM DONE TALKING
u made a point.kudos

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by MsAllison(f): 6:05pm On Jan 23, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Fake news.

Please be careful not to raise people's tension
hunny pie kiss

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by yetunsbay(m): 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2021
Advice - if your relative is part of police/military men that will be sent to arrest Mr Igboho pls try caution them sha. They might not come back, the man no be cheap meat oooooo

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by criuze(m): 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
people lodged in your forest, killing you from their at will, from time to time

you tried defend your self they ordered to shoot you at sight

meanwhile the government cannot protect the people

meanwhile self defense is a natural right
and the best form of defense is to attack

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by 2mch(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2021
Very crazy lunatic, this president.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by flokii: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2021
criuze:
people lodged in your forest, killing you from their at will, from time to time

you tried defend your self they ordered to shoot you at sight

meanwhile the government cannot protect the people

meanwhile self defense is a natural right

and the best form of defense is to attack

Nigeria has practically turned to a failed state under this administration. With people like Garba Shehu and the likes making sentimental and unguarded statements everywhere. I don't see the country coming out from this.

At this point, we might need to call a roundtable and renegotiate our coexistence or let every tribe go their separate ways.

You don't expect me to fold my arms and allow Fulanis kill me and my relatives because a Fulani is in Aso rock. For why na??

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
When Baba is not Crazy reporters and sensational reporting.
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Iykoto86(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
The fulanis have failed to consolidate their hold on nigeria. They done fall hand lass lass . A failed tribe they have become,time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Paperwhite(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2021
While no security agents have been commanded to open fire on any of the Fulanis that have been killing people with upper impunity abi? The thing we Bubu dey find with Fulanis he go see am

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by jayjaycee0: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2021
Sirfrederick:
Follow the path Tompolo followed or make the mistake Kanu made. The choice is his.

Power pass power my friend.
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2021
Sirjamo:

ThatFairGuy1:
Fake news.

Please be careful not to raise people's tension

illicit:
This is fake news....
Shot at sight ko, shit in pant ni

Guestlander:
Fake news, won ti bere. This story will soon be muddled up with lies and fabrications.

And we have rules and regulations governing this forum.
What happen to Rule 8?

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Rumors are spread by fools and believe by idiots.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by chukwuibuipob: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
sad civil war brewing.Bubu angry angry
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Originakalokalo(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
News should be verified before shared.

I hope this news is not true.

Jesus saves from sin. Do you believe in him?

If yes, your sins are forgiven. If No, all your sins remain. Dying with these sins sends you away from a Holy God who cannot see sins.

That's eternal banishment.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Tumbulum: 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
Buhari cannot try it. He knows he will be shooting himself on the foot. The way Nigeria is now even military cannot take over the government without an uprising.
This is 2021 folks. People are wiser now
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by LegendHero(m): 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
This is fake news tho.

I don’t think Buhari will be that foolish to order shoot at sight.

On top wetin?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by blacknoir: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2021
What a president ,no wonder the doves refused to fly cox anything buhari touches becomes a failure

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by LikeAking: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2021
Naija!!
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by NewDelhi(m): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
warreng1:
OK.

That's if gun will penetrate him/them.
Lol don't allow those yeye charms deceive you, they don't work
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by specialmati(m): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
cool cool cool and the madness continues. What a country were government kills its citizens instead of solving problems

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Dyinze31: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
It's possible he said so.
Re: Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette by Grace001: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nigeria is a cursed country, so many innocent blood has been shed.

You can’t plant maize and except to harvest onions. A country built on lies and deceit can’t know peace.

Nigeria can never be one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / Female APC Agent Arrested For Vote-Buying In Ede / Police In Igando Used Drone To Track Movement Of Militants, Lagos. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.