Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 (6604 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Breaking News: INEC Postpones Elections In 11 Federal Constituencies In Jigawa / The Pictures That May Prompt Jonathan To Postpone The Elections Till Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Connoisseur(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
Honestly, I think this is the best decision Jega has made.
Monday the 6th was a feasible date for the elections, we would have still been stuck with the same problems of saturday.
I still believe Jega should be given another chance and encouraged for he seems to want to do the right thing.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Abali1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
Eedris' music is playing in my head right now (everything Jega Jega jaga jaga, poor man dey suffer suffer; gbosa gbosa)

Guys, PDP will use this one week postponement to seriously strategize. I was hoping that both NASS and presidential election would have taken place the same day. My reason being that those who will vote massively for BB will also vote massivel for those contesting under CPC in the NASS election. Likewise those who will vote massively for ACN and other parties likewise.
But with these seperate dates for diff levels, the seperationist theory still remains. Like someone pointed out in another thread, little is known about candidates (apart from PDP's) contesting the NASS election under other political platform.

The enlightened once among us must continue sensitizing the masses on the need to vote out PDP. Please let us not relent.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by dave07(m): 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
Arm chair critic plenty for nairaland. Somebody for once decided to stop when he discovered that  the electoral process was going the usual  abnormal way, you castigate him. He's had the opportunity to consider the complaint of all stake-holder, you call him mumu. Most of you who enjoy all this name calling sef, are yet to even achieve 10% of what the people you abuse have achieved.
BTW, how many of you realy went out to vote yesterday in the first instance? Or you think all your 'talk' on NL, FB and twitter will amount to anything
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by naijasing(f): 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
jga i hail ooooooooooooooooooooooo,
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by chidyke77(m): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2011
Abali1:

Eedris' music is playing in my head right now (everything [s[b]]Jega Jega[/b][/s] jaga jaga, poor man dey suffer suffer; gbosa gbosa)

Guys, PDP will use this one week postponement to seriously strategize. I was hoping that both NASS and presidential election would have taken place the same day. My reason being that those who will vote massively for BB will also vote massivel for those contesting under CPC in the NASS election. Likewise those who will vote massively for ACN and other parties likewise.
But with these seperate dates for diff levels, the seperationist theory still remains. Like someone pointed out in another thread, little is known about candidates (apart from PDP's) contesting the NASS election under other political platform.

The enlightened once among us must continue sensitizing the masses on the need to vote out PDP. Please let us not relent.
lol
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by roxell120(m): 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2011
politicians are involved in this delay in order to ve their way.remenber,sensitive materials are already in circulation.who is fooling who.they ve almost frustrated jegas effort to give us free and fair ellection. he is helpless now and he cant do it all alone.a lot of sabotouers are at work
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Joe50(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2011
THANK GOD they remove am from monday cheesy cheesy grin tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss
abi na every boby bi government worker wey depend on monthly salary angry angry angry
what of we wey we dey run business cool cool coolabi dey no want make we chop angry angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Abali1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
angry
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by dave07(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
I was at the polling booth where more than 900people registered and less than 200 showed up for accreditation b4 the polls cancellation. from my observation most of the people were elderlyand brought by party agent who believed they had succeded iin buying voters. At the end however it was very clear that most of the people only took money from the agents and voted otherwise.
If the election had been allowed to go on there would have been very rude shockers for some prominent parties.
My question still is this, where are all the energetic young men and women analysers on NL during the election? Now that we are starting afresh, are we going to continue passing insults online or we go out to vote?
I believe so much in RSVP, I dont care who your candidate is or the party your allegience lies. What I saw yesterday gave me hope for Nigeria. Jega must be commended, agreed he faltered now, but he will get it right by God's grace.
Stop ranting on NL, COME OUT TO VOTE.
God bless Nigeria
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fizokey(m): 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
GEJ 2011. We can't wait!!!
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by enyojo(f): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2011
fizokey:

GEJ 2011. We can't wait!!!

U CAN WAIT. AFTER ALL YOU ARE WORKING IN OLD WOMEN'S HOUSE IN UK

4GIVE ME IF I HURT YOUR EGO cry cry
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fizokey(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2011
@enyojo, nope u didn't hurt my ego sweetness. (*dancing* we cant wait* GEJ '11)
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by enyojo(f): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
fizokey:

@enyojo, nope u didn't hurt my ego sweetness. (*dancing* we cant wait* GEJ '11)

The guy is already packing his personal belongings and you r farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away saying we can't wait. Funny guy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by akinolasam: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
Maybe there is still hope for a free and fair elections after-all.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by BetaThings: 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
usbcable:

This is another sign of how GEJ does not interfere with judicial or election matters.
would buhari have allowed this?
mba.
Folks wont see anything but the negatives of GEJ. i dislike PDP but GEJ is a better option than a Buhari that ruled supreme without recourse to masses opinion in his 20 month stint @ presidency.
You did not think of the ramifications before posting. There are things that a C-in-C cannot just do. If all the opposition parties reject Monday, how can Jonathan insist on that day? And how will he carry out his interference? By insisting that Jega should hold an election that is likely to be boycotted
I don't think anybody contemplating interference will be emboldened by what is happening in Cote d'Ivoire or Libya

I am not sure if you have studied the history, Buhari's coup was welcomed by Nigerians. Ask Onyeka Owenu. BTW if Jonathan had been in the military, he would have ruled by decree. And how many extra-judicial activities (such as police killing) have been punished under Jonathan.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by lookmangiw(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2011
[quote auor=dave07 link=topic=637933.msg8044779#msg8044779 date=1301860351]
I was at the polling booth where more than 900people registered and less than 200 showed up for accreditation b4 the polls cancellation. from my observation most of the people were elderlyand brought by party agent who believed they had succeded iin buying voters. At the end however it was very clear that most of the people only took money from the agents and voted otherwise.
If the election had been allowed to go on there would have been very rude shockers for some prominent parties.
My question still is this, where are all the energetic young men and women analysers on NL during the election? Now that we are starting afresh, are we going to continue passing insults online or we go out to vote?
I believe so much in RSVP, I dont care who your candidate is or the party your allegience lies. What I saw yesterday gave me hope for Nigeria. Jega must be commended, agreed he faltered now, but he will get it right by God's grace.Stop ranting on NL, COME OUT TO VOTE.
God bless Nigeria
[quote][/quote]Infact i must commend you for your observation.i also made the same observation at the polling booth in my area where out the total registered voters of 578,only 207 came 4 accreditation and they were mostly elderly people too.the situation is so pathetic and must stop.we youth must have change of attitude.this is the time for change.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2011
JEGA+GEJ=FAILURE

JEGA(JONATHAN EBELE GOODLUCK AZIKWE)

WE MUST VOTE THESE EVIL PEOPLE OUT
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by wiseman2011(m): 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
Hello fellow Nigerians, let us give this gentleman another chance to proof himself that he is a man credibilities and intergity.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
wiseman2011:

Hello fellow Nigerians, let us give this gentleman another chance to proof himself that he is a man credibilities and intergity.

I concur, but a cat cannot give birth to a rat!
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by wiseman2011(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
Let us not use our mouths against ourselve because what we said is what we get, eldris abdullkareem know nothings about Nigeria before he said nigeria jaga jaga. Is his father and mother jaga jaga NOT NIGERIA.
chidyke77:

lol
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fizokey(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
@Enyojo dear, i'll be back home on the 8th (fri). A swthrt like u should be identified with the WINNING TEAM the GEJ '11 team not the loosing (abi lost) team, lol. can't wait* dancing*
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by enyojo(f): 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
wiseman2011:

It is like a student that has come to write exam. He has either passed or failed exam b4 the exam starts. It is all about preparations.
If Jega has failed, then he has failed by now, if he has passed, then he has passed.

if the logos of CPC and others are not there, let him use the new GEJ plane to hurry to produce new ones b4 9th april, if not the North will just seperate carrying the FCT with them. Then Fashola of lagos controlling the strongest state in the whole of South will become defacto President from April Ending.

God forbid!!
lipsrsealed
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by TheDoc: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
to PDP fans,may ALL what happened in 9ja for d past 12yrs happen to u for d next 4yrs, oya everybody say amen. AMEN
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by mrofficial(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^ Even PDP members won't say Amen to that.  cheesy cheesy
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by enyojo(f): 10:35pm On Apr 03, 2011
fizokey:

@Enyojo dear, i'll be back home on the 8th (fri). A swthrt like u should be identified with the WINNING TEAM the GEJ '11 team not the loosing (abi lost) team, lol. can't wait* dancing* 

But follow apapa port to see the level of disservive done by GEJ's celebrated Bode George. LOL
Life is harder under the Unbelerara
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by snthesis(m): 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2011
Men!!! Ar ΰ guys serious? Are dere really no elections 2moro? Chei!! I nefa wash my clothes Ơ̴̴͡‎ - shocked shocked
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by mrofficial(m): 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^ U go manage am like that.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by snthesis(m): 11:03pm On Apr 03, 2011
Jega can not even conduct a proper public holiday angry tongue
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by deevick246(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2011
fxtopedia:

JEGA+GEJ=FAILURE

JEGA(JONATHAN EBELE GOODLUCK AZIKWE)

WE MUST VOTE THESE EVIL PEOPLE OUT

I doubt if your brain is working.What concerns GEJ with JEGA's duty of conducting election
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2011
Shey ole fi jega shey wedding planner?, jor!
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by enyojo(f): 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2011
deevick246:

I doubt if your brain is working.What concerns GEJ with JEGA's duty of conducting election

You are still behind on this. GEJ recommended the rubbish Vendor. Atleast the news making rounds at INEC is dat 'it is from the presidency'
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by snthesis(m): 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2011
Btw hw do I explain a hangover on a monday morning angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Flood: Seriously, Is This Funny Or What (pix)? / Buhari's PA, Sabiu Yusuf Rocks With Wristwatch Worth $99,995 (36,248,187.50) / If Herdsman Had Known That Deltans Were Tough People They Wouldn't Have Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.