Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 (6600 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Breaking News: INEC Postpones Elections In 11 Federal Constituencies In Jigawa / The Pictures That May Prompt Jonathan To Postpone The Elections Till Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Natasha2(f): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^^^^^ by explaining the hangover duh, dumbass
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2011
deevick246:

I doubt if your brain is working.What concerns GEJ with JEGA's duty of conducting election

You have just confirmed how STUPID YOUR BRAIN is by not allowing it to think STRAIGHT. tongue
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 12:04am On Apr 04, 2011
enyojo:

You are still behind on this. GEJ recommended the rubbish Vendor. Atleast the news making rounds at INEC is dat 'it is from the presidency'

Thank you jare mate. BRIBE and CORRUPTION is the reason for his nasty comment.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by emolala(m): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2011
Lo!
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Physicist(m): 1:02am On Apr 04, 2011
Nigeria Jega Jega, poor man suffer suffer, gbosa gbosa
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 04, 2011
smiley jega is a failure, this has never happan b4, Inec under jega has being over pamper.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 04, 2011
smiley jega is a failure, this has never happan b4, Inec under jega has being over pamper.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by arabambi: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2011
Can u make JEGA your Wedding Planner?
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by ufumes(m): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2011
The postponement came late. i feel today should be declared as public holiday cos it would really distrupt people's schedules
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Kanny1796: 10:27am On Apr 04, 2011
I am afraid to say that this a big threat to democracy in deed, it look as if we are heading to an intrim GOVT soon with the way PDP is going about things. It look as if they are nt sure of winning and this is a trick. Let me warn PDPD JEGA is a mistake in terms of riggining election he will definatley cancel the election if he smells rigging any where i bet you. Just be on the watch out and let see. One Nigeria and Peace to all.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by atiku07(m): 10:41am On Apr 04, 2011
arabambi:

Can u make JEGA your Wedding Planner?
wedding planner bawo
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by kaffy2002(f): 11:26am On Apr 04, 2011
God day. they are all thief. they knw wat der doing. God will save us Nigerian.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
kaffy2002:

God day. they are all thief. they knw wat der doing. God will save us Nigerian.

Amen.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by 1025: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
one thing is clear here. jonathan ebere goodluck azikiwe in short form means JEGA and the one he choose for inec chairman is JEGA. so what nigeria is suffering from now is JEGAmania.
the two jegas are not telling us the truth.
there discussions on ground on how best to rig the election but jega1(inec chairman) is only concerned about the consequences especially the ways nigerians are reacting angrily over the things he has been doing.
i must say it here that they(pdp and the jegas) are still discussing terms and conditions and i will not be surprised if jega1 will wake up tomorrow to read out his resignation letter and tell us that he is resigning because of family preasure.
no matter what they do, we are carefully watching them and may 29th is the date. nigerians will be on the streets until jonathan hands over this poer because 12 yrs of pdp is a total waste.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Olaolufred(m): 2:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
In fairness, I want to commend JEGA as the most sincere of all the INEC Chairmen we've got since 1999.

Iwu was in this same strait in 2007, but decieved Nigerians to cover up lapses. Poll Result sheets were not available,
So, PDP CANDIDATES offers their exercise book pages for recording elections that are supposed to be a national document.
When, you got to tribunal, you saw how people who new nothing about a polling centre signs for what they know not.
The reason is simple, when those document came. Inec could not go to ward level to sign with party agents or relevant rep.
So, they give it to just someone to sign fictitious records and figures.

I do respect JEGA before, but his decision to postpone Saturday election makes me respect him more.
JEGA is going to write his name on gold. But Nigerians are too judgemental.
let us be patient. We should be more interested in credible election than just insisting on continuity when there's clear indication of an imminent fraud.

I wish JEGA the best of luck on his side.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by gametalk: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
JEGA and his crew had poor planning on this electoral processing. They need to be well oriented instead of spitting excuses on the national tv.

[size=8pt][size=8pt]Failure to Plan, Planning to Fail.[/size][/size]
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by seanet02: 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
PDP have you started your burial plans?
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by dave07(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2011
I tire o! Jega don apologise, wetin dey again now? how many of una go vote sef?
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by seanet02: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
dave07:

I tire o! Jega don apologise, wetin dey again now? how many of una go vote sef?
70 out of 100 of Nl will vote!!
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by dave07(m): 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
70 out of 100 of Nl will vote!!
Amen!
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Asobank: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
dave07:

Amen!

And the people shall vote GEJ for progress and prosperity.
gametalk:

JEGA and his crew had poor planning on this electoral processing. They need to be well oriented instead of spitting excuses on the national tv.

Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Asobank: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
dave07:

Amen!

And the people shall vote GEJ for progress and prosperity.
gametalk:

Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Asobank: 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
1025:

one thing is clear here. jonathan ebere goodluck azikiwe in short form means JEGA and the one he choose for inec chairman is JEGA. so what nigeria is suffering from now is JEGAmania.
there discussions on ground on how best to rig the election but jega1(inec chairman) is only concerned about the consequences especially the ways nigerians are reacting angrily over the things he has been doing.
i must say it here that they(pdp and the jegas) are still discussing terms and conditions and i will not be surprised if jega1 will wake up tomorrow to read out his resignation letter and tell us that he is resigning because of family preasure.no matter what they do, we are carefully watching them and may 29th is the date. nigerians will be on the streets until jonathan hands over this poer because 12 yrs of pdp is a total waste.
/quote]
a
1025 link=topic=637933.msg8048948#msg8048948 date=1301919256:

i must say it here that they(pdp and the jegas) are still discussing terms and conditions and i will not be surprised if jega1 will wake up tomorrow to read out his resignation letter and tell us that he is resigning because of family preasure.
no matter what they do, we are carefully watching them and may 29th is the date. nigerians will be on the streets until jonathan hands over this poer because 12 yrs of pdp is a total waste.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by MaiSuya(m): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
He said: "We have laid our hands on the plough to define a new Nigeria, we cannot look back now. Nothing good comes without some sacrifice. If this is the sacrifice needed from Nigerians to get it right and make history this time, we all must be ready to offer it."

Okogie praised Jega for taking responsibility for the inadequacy.

The truth is, unfettered criticisms won't get us anywhere. The man has already apologized and taken absolute responsibility for the lapse. Why don't we give him a chance?
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by xterra2(m): 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
Olaolufred:

In fairness, I want to commend JEGA as the most sincere of all the INEC Chairmen we've got since 1999.

Iwu was in this same strait in 2007, but decieved Nigerians to cover up lapses. Poll Result sheets were not available,
So, PDP CANDIDATES offers their exercise book pages for recording elections that are supposed to be a national document.
When, you got to tribunal, you saw how people who new nothing about a polling centre signs for what they know not.
The reason is simple, when those document came. Inec could not go to ward level to sign with party agents or relevant rep.
So, they give it to just someone to sign fictitious records and figures.

I do respect JEGA before, but his decision to postpone Saturday election makes me respect him more.
JEGA is going to write his name on gold. But Nigerians are too judgemental.
let us be patient. We should be more interested in credible election than just insisting on continuity when there's clear indication of an imminent fraud.

I wish JEGA the best of luck on his side.

[size=13pt]+1 very sensible Post [/size]
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 12:41am On Apr 05, 2011
Jega has to conduct credible elections on that day.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by eleshin(m): 10:17am On Apr 05, 2011
My problem is d excuse jega gave us,its totally untenable.he was keen on credibility by payin less attention to logistics.i was d first person 2 vote in ma pollin unit nd i was dere til d stupid anouncement.i dnt know abt oda units bt frm ilupeju 2 onipanu down 2 yaba d turnout was massive,all votin ACN.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
Fingers crossed. . .
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2011
Fingers crossed. . .
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
Nigeria must get it right,this time.we cant afford to be the laughing stock of the world.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
Nigeria must get it right,this time.we cant afford to be the laughing stock of the world.
Re: INEC Postpones Parliamentary Elections Till Saturday April 9 2011 by Olami099(m): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2011
jega and its crew,we are relying on u to deliver credible free fair electn dis time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Trailer Carrying Jonathans Bag Of Rice Has An Accident / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / Even Tinubu Or Anybody Cannot Stop This Man From Becoming President!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.