Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It (3234 Views)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 24, 2021
A cult called Catholicism

A brief history of the Catholic Church:

> Roman Catholics (aka Mary worship)
> Founder is Nimrod, Semiramis, and the virgin born son Tammuz.
> It started after the flood over 2000 years BC. After the flood, men began to migrate from the east and found a plain in the land of Shinar, and dwelt there (Gen 11:2 kjv). It was here the city of Babylon was built. The land became Babylonia or later as Mesopotamia.
> Sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth (Gen 10).
> Son of Ham was Kush, and Kush means “black.”
> Kush begat Nimrod (Gen 10:8 ). Nimrod means “rebel.”
> Nimrod was 13th from Adam. (The number 13 is a number for rebellion). 13 is bad 85% of the time in the Bible. See John 13:13, Rev 13:13, Mark 13:13, Prov 13:13, Matt 13:13, Mark 13:13, Gen 13:13, Exo 13:13).
> Nimrod was the king of Babylon, and was the king of Gentile world power. He was a mighty hunter. He didn’t hunt animals, but men, and established slavery. The beginning of Nimrod’s kingdom was babel, the first kingdom on this Earth (Gen 10:10). Babel means “confusion.” The Babylonian religion developed around traditions concerning Nimrod, his wife Semiramis, and her child Tammuz.
> When Nimrod died, his body was cut into pieces, and burnt, and sent to various areas. After his death, his wife Semiramis claimed he (Nimrod) now was a sun god, and later gave birth to a son Tammuz, and claim he was Nimrod reborn. She claimed that Tammuz was supernaturally conceived, and was the saviour. Both mother and child that time was worshipped. Since Nimrod was deified as the sun god, fire was his earthly representation. This system of idolatry spread from Babylon to nations all over the earth. As they went from Babylon, they took their worship of mother and child, and symbols of the sun and images, etc. And idolatry originated in the area of Babylonia.
> When Rome became a world power, it adopted the gods and religions of various pagan countries that it ruled over. Rome’s religion was Babylonish worship of the great mother. Over the centuries, the worship that had been associated with a pagan mother was transferred to Mary.
> In the early part of the 4th century under Constantine, Mary became looked upon as goddess.

Their non Biblical source/authority:
1. The catholic bible “douay rheims bible.” They claimed to have preserved the Bible. That without the Catholic Church, there will be no bible. To refute this claim: (a). The Vaticanus which contains the apocryphal is the private property of the Vatican, and it was available at the time AV 1611 was being translated, but it was ignored. Erasmus ignored it. He said it was garbage. (b). The vaticanus was written originally by Origen, and translated by Jerome, and was smuggled into Rome in 1448. (c). The vaticanus omits (Gen 1:1 to Gen 46:28; Psalms 106 - 138; all Pauline epistles; Heb 9:15 - Heb 13:25; and finally the entire book of Revelation.

2. The catechism of the Catholic Church. (This will take a lot of time to debunk, I will try and do that in a separate topic).

Their doctrines / beliefs:
1. Baptismal regeneration (Acts 2:38, by sprinkle). To refute: In (Acts 16:28-32), the Philippian jailer was saved by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Also in (Acts 8:38-39) the Ethiopian eunuch water baptism was by immersion after believing.

2. They teach you can lose your salvation. They use (Matt 10:22) as proof text. To refute: (a) The context of (Matt 10:22) is the tribulation, not for Christians in this dispensation. (b). (Rom 8:38-39 kjv), nothing can separate us from the love of God. A Christian cannot lose his salvation (Eph 4:30 kjv).

3. Confession to a priest. Their proof text is (James 5:16). They claim the priest has the right/ability to forgive sins. To refute: (a). In James 5:16, faults is not sins. (b). (1 John 1:9 kjv) says confess our sins to Jesus Christ. (c). Heb 10:10-14 kjv) Christ died one time. Vs 11 is what the priest was doing before Christ died, which cannot take away sins. Vs 12 Christ is one sacrifice for sin for ever. Vss 13-14 one offering. Please go to Jesus Christ, not one black robe priest who can do nothing for you.

4. Purgatory. Their proof text is (Maccabees 12:43-46). Saints goes to heaven, sinners goes to purgatory for cleansing. That purgatory is an intermediate state. To refute: (a). This is not Biblical. (b). (2 Cor 5:8 kjv) - absent from the body, present with the Lord. (c). (Luke 16:22-31) Lazarus and the rich man.

5. Papal infallibility (the pope). Their proof text is (2 Tim 3:17). They claim that the pope is perfect, he is infallible. He is Jesus Christ on earth. They believe the “man of God” in vs 17 is the pope. To refute: (a). (2 Tim 3:17) is meant for any individual reading the Bible. The perfect in the verse means complete, fully informed, wanting nothing. (b). (Rom 3:10-12 kjv) None is righteous. Only the righteousness of God which is Jesus Christ can take anyone to heaven.

6. The Lord’s supper is the literal flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. They call it transubstantiation. They use (Luke 22:19-20). To refute: (a). The context is not literal, it’s a representation. Christ didn’t cut off any part of His body during the supper at the table, neither did He pour His blood in a cup. The bread represents His broken body, while the wine represents His precious blood. (b). (John 6:63 kjv) It is the spirit that quickeneth, the flesh profiteth nothing. (c). The Bible forbids to eat and drink blood before the law (Gen 9:3-4), during the law (Lev 17:11-12), and after the law (Acts 15:20,29).

7. They believe in saints (great people they pray to). To refute: (a). Saints are saved Christians. Jesus Christ is the intercessor. (b). (Eph 4:11-12 kjv) shows the saints needs to be perfected. The problem is that Catholics think a saint is a dead person.

8. Celibacy of the clergy (no marriage). They use (1 Cor 7:1). To refute: (a). Please simply read (1 Cor 7:1-2 kjv). (b). They believed that Peter was the first pope, but Peter was married (Matt 8:14 kjv).

9. Ritual prayer. They use (2 Thess 1:11) as prof text. To refute: (a). There is nothing wrong with praying about something over and over again, but the Bible warns us of vain repetitions / ritual prayer (Matt 6:7 kjv). E.g beads to pray Hail Mary, etc. (b) (2 Thess 1:11) is not ritual prayer. Its a good thing. I’ll be happy if someone is praying for me always.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by dumahi(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2021
You are clearly a very big coward and a shallow soul. Boko Haram and herdsmen kill you and rape you and you say nothing about it, only for you to turn against innocent Catholics. Try replacing 'Catholic' with 'Islam' in your title and see what will happen to you. Your stupidity clearly shows from the first line. For you to think that the word 'catholic' has anything to do with 'cat' shows you are everything devilish and dirty. Mind your business you homosexual.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by illicit(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2021
One Bible, many christians....

1 Like

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by dawnomike(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2021
I am not a catholic but I found this post unnecessary...

1 Like

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Eviana(f): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
MODIFIED (I missed the "cat" part).

DISCLAIMER:
I do believe that evil forces exist and folks get mixed up into witchcaft, the occult etc....has to exist since there is "good" and "evil".
However, I'm not gonna agree with the "break-down" of the word --especially the "cat" part. That is bordering on superstition...associating animals with evil...or human beings which I don't subscribe to.

While the word "cult" may be quite harsh or offensive, what the OP listed about the church is factual and accurate. There are characteristics that "cults" must have in order to be deemed one....and sometimes we label falsely...not saying that the OP is right or wrong in his use of the word.
What the OP should offer is hope and an alternative. Labeling something "false" or negative, yet not providing an alternative really doesn't accomplish much.

My particular denomination (imperfect as it is right now) has been labeled a "cult" since its inception... and made me somewhat nervous at first...and with a few doubts before I eventually knew that I was to get baptized into it as a young adult. But I also wasn't basing my feelings on biblical "facts", but rather "hear-say". So I understand the problems that come with trying to "de-program" a person's belief (whether sincere or in ignorance).

However, many of the doctrines of the Catholic church, do not line up with the Lord God's biblical instructions for living and worshiping Him. In fact, many of her doctrines are almost the exact opposite of the Bible.
The church's ruthless and dogmatic history is extremely problematic also. I say this with love and no harshness; but the truth has to be told. Perhaps (and I don't fully know because I am not in the head of the person who wrote this) the OP is listing these things as issues to look at for sincere Christians who sense the Holy Spirit gently speaking to them....showing them errors that may affect their spiritual lives.
Showing them a path that leads to all truth....and to a genuine relationship with Christ. Get to know Him.

The problem is the papal "institution" itself...not so much the sincere, Christians who are worshipping the Lord with all of their heart that identify with the denomination...and don't know anything different.
Tradition can be a "beast" sometimes.
A few people on this section need to see this thread...

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
dumahi:
You are clearly a very big coward and a shallow soul. Boko Haram and herdsmen kill you and rape you and you say nothing about it, only for you to turn against innocent Catholics. Try replacing 'Catholic' with 'Islam' in your title and see what will happen to you. Your stupidity clearly shows from the first line. For you to think that the word 'catholic' has anything to do with 'cat' shows you are everything devilish and dirty. Mind your business you homosexual.

Psalms 119:165 kjv - “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.”
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by freshboi88: 7:20am On Jan 25, 2021
Sense you don't have at all......What concerns Catholic with cat mumu
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06am On Jan 25, 2021
Instead of saying "this is wrong, that is cursed"
Why not present a performing group of people practicing what you know as Christianity?
That will save you the stress of having to argue and argue and argue with no fruitful end in sight!
If you present a group then everyone can look on to the group {Matthew 5:13-16} and ask questions on what Jesus taught and how your preferred group is applying Jesus' teachings in a practical sense! smiley
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2021
Eviana:
MODIFIED (I missed the "cat" part).

DISCLAIMER: What the OP should offer is hope and an alternative. Labeling something "false" or negative, yet not providing an alternative really doesn't accomplish much.

I have the alternative but providing an alternative will not make them to change their mind because they got a heart problem. They don’t love the Bible and God’s word cannot show light into a person’s heart unless they are willing to get rid of some idol in their heart according to the book of Ezekiel. Now that the Bible has pointed out everything wrong with Catholicism, will they believe it? If the Spirit of God can’t change a man, nothing I say here will matter. You can’t offer to the Lord that which cost you nothing (2 Sam 24:24 kjv). Whoever gets rid of that idol first, and ask God to show him the truth, the Lord will show him the truth. The question is "can he pay the high cost ?" I’m just a tool or a talking donkey God is using. Hope you understand.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Eviana(f): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2021
iyambz:

I have the alternative but providing an alternative will not make them to change their mind because they got a heart problem. They don’t love the Bible and God’s word cannot show light into a person’s heart unless they are willing to get rid of some idol in their heart according to the book of Ezekiel. Now that the Bible has pointed out everything wrong with Catholicism, will they believe it? If the Spirit of God can’t change a man, nothing I say here will matter. You can’t offer to the Lord that which cost you nothing (2 Sam 24:24 kjv). Whoever gets rid of that idol first, and ask God to show him the truth, the Lord will show him the truth. The question is "can he pay the high cost ?" I’m just a tool or a talking donkey God is using. Hope you understand.

Well, it's never "what" a person says, but "how" one says it.
You listed facts about the denomination, but I didn't see any alternative. It did not come across as a heartfelt longing for the people to see the real errors...rather moreso condemnatory.
Whether one accepts the truth or not, is "not" the issue.
Offer it anyway.....but do so as one who cares for these people's souls.
Gently continue to pray for them and stress the importance of a personal relationship with Christ and the reading of His Holy Word....led by the Holy Spirit for understanding.
There are other problem doctrines in some denominations within Christianity as well.
I am particularly concerned with the mixture of traditional indigenous religion and that of biblical Christianity there in Nigeria.
How about other religions also?
See the gamut is wide.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 30, 2021
Eviana:

You listed facts about the denomination, but I didn't see any alternative. It did not come across as a heartfelt longing for the people to see the real errors...rather moreso condemnatory.
Gently continue to pray for them and stress the importance of a personal relationship with Christ and the reading of His Holy Word....led by the Holy Spirit for understanding.
There are other problem doctrined in some denominations within Christianity as well.
I am particularly concerned with the mixture of traditional indigenous religion and that of biblical Christianity there in Nigeria.
See the gamut is wide.

The most important thing there is accepting the truth. I mean how can God give one repentance when he rejects the truth about himself? You can read about that in (2 Tim 2:24-26 kjv). I actually posted a topic about this also titled “Will the devil ever repent.” The heart is everything. Even a Muslim has no excuse. God is infallible. If any man ask God with a sincere heart to show him the truth, God will show him the truth. But the truth is expensive. Will he pay the high cost? Will he be willing to get rid of the idols in his heart? (The idols could be his family, friends, money, house, reputation, wrong religious practices, his job, his lifestyle, bitterness, envy, anger, strife, emulation, etc..). You might have to give up all these things and many more, and set your affections on the Lord Jesus. The heart is like a filter, no matter the amount of truth the Bible presents, if it doesn’t fit his or her agenda, the heart will throw it away. This was what was going on in the gospel between Christ and the scribes, Pharisees, etc. The best alternative is for them to study the Bible themselves to see who is right. Is it the Bible or the organization/denomination he belongs to? If a man’s heart is still dirty, he will only go to the Bible with a preconceived notion of what he wants the Bible to say. There is nothing wrong with the Bible, the problem is with us. Let God be true, but every man a liar.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:

The most important thing there is accepting the truth. I mean how can God give one repentance when he rejects the truth about himself? You can read about that in (2 Tim 2:24-26 kjv). I actually posted a topic about this also titled “Will the devil ever repent.” The heart is everything. Even a Muslim has no excuse. God is infallible. If any man ask God with a sincere heart to show him the truth, God will show him the truth. But the truth is expensive. Will he pay the high cost? Will he be willing to get rid of the idols in his heart? (The idols could be his family, friends, money, house, reputation, wrong religious practices, his job, his lifestyle, bitterness, envy, anger, strife, emulation, etc..). You might have to give up all these things and many more, and set your affections on the Lord Jesus. The heart is like a filter, no matter the amount of truth the Bible presents, if it doesn’t fit his or her agenda, the heart will throw it away. This was what was going on in the gospel between Christ and the scribes, Pharisees, etc. The best alternative is for them to study the Bible themselves to see who is right. Is it the Bible or the organization/denomination he belongs to? If a man’s heart is still dirty, he will only go to the Bible with a preconceived notion of what he wants the Bible to say. There is nothing wrong with the Bible, the problem is with us. Let God be true, but every man a liar.
You have been advised with wisdom to caution yourself, but it seem you don't want to. The lady gave you a decent response, but you don't want to stop. What has "muslim" got to do with this? Why Islam out of everything out there? You know Nigeria is a delicate place, you know the tension out there, yet single out Islam. Why would you single out Islam here? Would Jesus you follow do this? Yet, you want the audience listen to your own truth. Your own version of the truth. Go park well. Learn to communicate first before you pass your own truth across. Even your truth is the real truth, you have just disqualified yourself as the carrier of the truth.

Let me ask you. Could you prove here that your bible is the truth? The truth is 100% truth. And show me here that others are not good. Show facts. Show concised reasons. Show it clearly. Why must it be your bible that everyone must read? Look at the bolded words, could you tell me what is wrong with Quran? I mentioned Quran cos you specifically mentioned Islam here. I could have asked you many other books too. But let's stop here. You must prove here Quran is corruptible; otherwise, you are the one who is corruptible. Go on, I am reading.

Note: I am a christian. So, do not think I am strong Muslim who want to cause trouble here. But someone needs to put people like you in your place. Just causing troubles out of nothing. Go on. Show me here that Quran is corruptible and that ONLY the Bible is pure truth. Go on. Then, show me here that the Bible has not been tampered with also. And then, go to revelation and see the caution for tampering with it. Does that not show you that even your god/God knows the holiest books will be tampered with? Yet you are doing Macho man here. Please, focus on the local church you are teaching with your so called way of life, and stop bringing this nonsense here. If the Muslims start defending their religion, you will not say you attacked them first. Why this nonsense? What has Muslim got to do with this?

Preach Religious tolerance sir. You way is right in your eyes, fine. Let it be. Do not force it down the throat of others. Preach and leave them alone. No need to choke down the truth you believe on others.

I hope I have made myself clear. If not, you will get the second dose of what you deserve.

Stay blessed!

Note: I am not saying the Bible is not the truth. I read it, I believe in it. But you are the one saying the Bible is the truth and you have the gut to even mention Islam, then, you must have evidences beyond reasonable doubts Quran is a terrible book. So, start stating the facts here. Remember that muslims are reading.

Lessons:
1. Do not start what you cannot finish. Never!
2. Over zealous attitude kills the spirit
3. Following the lead of the inner man is vital
4. Controlling ones tongue in real life, and fingers online is maturity.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 30, 2021
Eviana:

There are other problem doctrined in some denominations within Christianity as well.

See the gamut is wide.
The gamut is actually a large high way where the highest speed per min is allowed. Not a discussion for this thread, but I can assure you there is a link to all of them like a chain. Nigeria is not said to be great ordinarily. I think the name should have been the United Regions of Nigeria just like the United States of America. Those things you are looking for are what made Nigeria strong. I pray you find the truth soonest.

Stay blessed.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:
A cult called Catholicism

Catholic - “Cat | Holics.” Do you know the animal “CAT” is so evil that it wasn’t even mentioned in the Bible?

A brief history of the Catholic Church:

> Roman Catholics (aka Mary worship)
> Founder is Nimrod, Semiramis, and the virgin born son Tammuz.
> It started after the flood over 2000 years BC. After the flood, men began to migrate from the east and found a plain in the land of Shinar, and dwelt there (Gen 11:2 kjv). It was here the city of Babylon was built. The land became Babylonia or later as Mesopotamia.
> Sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth (Gen 10).
> Son of Ham was Kush, and Kush means “black.”
> Kush begat Nimrod (Gen 10:8 ). Nimrod means “rebel.”
> Nimrod was 13th from Adam. (The number 13 is a number for rebellion). 13 is bad 85% of the time in the Bible. See John 13:13, Rev 13:13, Mark 13:13, Prov 13:13, Matt 13:13, Mark 13:13, Gen 13:13, Exo 13:13).
> Nimrod was the king of Babylon, and was the king of Gentile world power. He was a mighty hunter. He didn’t hunt animals, but men, and established slavery. The beginning of Nimrod’s kingdom was babel, the first kingdom on this Earth (Gen 10:10). Babel means “confusion.” The Babylonian religion developed around traditions concerning Nimrod, his wife Semiramis, and her child Tammuz.
> When Nimrod died, his body was cut into pieces, and burnt, and sent to various areas. After his death, his wife Semiramis claimed he (Nimrod) now was a sun god, and later gave birth to a son Tammuz, and claim he was Nimrod reborn. She claimed that Tammuz was supernaturally conceived, and was the saviour. Both mother and child that time was worshipped. Since Nimrod was deified as the sun god, fire was his earthly representation. This system of idolatry spread from Babylon to nations all over the earth. As they went from Babylon, they took their worship of mother and child, and symbols of the sun and images, etc. And idolatry originated in the area of Babylonia.
> When Rome became a world power, it adopted the gods and religions of various pagan countries that it ruled over. Rome’s religion was Babylonish worship of the great mother. Over the centuries, the worship that had been associated with a pagan mother was transferred to Mary.
> In the early part of the 4th century under Constantine, Mary became looked upon as goddess.

Their non Biblical source/authority:
1. The catholic bible “douay rheims bible.” They claimed to have preserved the Bible. That without the Catholic Church, there will be no bible. To refute this claim: (a). The Vaticanus which contains the apocryphal is the private property of the Vatican, and it was available at the time AV 1611 was being translated, but it was ignored. Erasmus ignored it. He said it was garbage. (b). The vaticanus was written originally by Origen, and translated by Jerome, and was smuggled into Rome in 1448. (c). The vaticanus omits (Gen 1:1 to Gen 46:28; Psalms 106 - 138; all Pauline epistles; Heb 9:15 - Heb 13:25; and finally the entire book of Revelation.

2. The catechism of the Catholic Church. (This will take a lot of time to debunk, I will try and do that in a separate topic).

Their doctrines / beliefs:
1. Baptismal regeneration (Acts 2:38, by sprinkle). To refute: In (Acts 16:28-32), the Philippian jailer was saved by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Also in (Acts 8:38-39) the Ethiopian eunuch water baptism was by immersion after believing.

2. They teach you can lose your salvation. They use (Matt 10:22) as proof text. To refute: (a) The context of (Matt 10:22) is the tribulation, not for Christians in this dispensation. (b). (Rom 8:38-39 kjv), nothing can separate us from the love of God. A Christian cannot lose his salvation (Eph 4:30 kjv).

3. Confession to a priest. Their proof text is (James 5:16). They claim the priest has the right/ability to forgive sins. To refute: (a). In James 5:16, faults is not sins. (b). (1 John 1:9 kjv) says confess our sins to Jesus Christ. (c). Heb 10:10-14 kjv) Christ died one time. Vs 11 is what the priest was doing before Christ died, which cannot take away sins. Vs 12 Christ is one sacrifice for sin for ever. Vss 13-14 one offering. Please go to Jesus Christ, not one black robe priest who can do nothing for you.

4. Purgatory. Their proof text is (Maccabees 12:43-46). Saints goes to heaven, sinners goes to purgatory for cleansing. That purgatory is an intermediate state. To refute: (a). This is not Biblical. (b). (2 Cor 5:8 kjv) - absent from the body, present with the Lord. (c). (Luke 16:22-31) Lazarus and the rich man.

5. Papal infallibility (the pope). Their proof text is (2 Tim 3:17). They claim that the pope is perfect, he is infallible. He is Jesus Christ on earth. They believe the “man of God” in vs 17 is the pope. To refute: (a). (2 Tim 3:17) is meant for any individual reading the Bible. The perfect in the verse means complete, fully informed, wanting nothing. (b). (Rom 3:10-12 kjv) None is righteous. Only the righteousness of God which is Jesus Christ can take anyone to heaven.

6. The Lord’s supper is the literal flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. They call it transubstantiation. They use (Luke 22:19-20). To refute: (a). The context is not literal, it’s a representation. Christ didn’t cut off any part of His body during the supper at the table, neither did He pour His blood in a cup. The bread represents His broken body, while the wine represents His precious blood. (b). (John 6:63 kjv) It is the spirit that quickeneth, the flesh profiteth nothing. (c). The Bible forbids to eat and drink blood before the law (Gen 9:3-4), during the law (Lev 17:11-12), and after the law (Acts 15:20,29).

7. They believe in saints (great people they pray to). To refute: (a). Saints are saved Christians. Jesus Christ is the intercessor. (b). (Eph 4:11-12 kjv) shows the saints needs to be perfected. The problem is that Catholics think a saint is a dead person.

8. Celibacy of the clergy (no marriage). They use (1 Cor 7:1). To refute: (a). Please simply read (1 Cor 7:1-2 kjv). (b). They believed that Peter was the first pope, but Peter was married (Matt 8:14 kjv).

9. Ritual prayer. They use (2 Thess 1:11) as prof text. To refute: (a). There is nothing wrong with praying about something over and over again, but the Bible warns us of vain repetitions / ritual prayer (Matt 6:7 kjv). E.g beads to pray Hail Mary, etc. (b) (2 Thess 1:11) is not ritual prayer. Its a good thing. I’ll be happy if someone is praying for me always.

You woke up the faithful day God gave you the grace, and you decided to write this garbage. If you were in 6 ft below, you wouldn't write this nonsense. Truly, life is a gift. But many abuse it. SMH.

And you related cat to the denomination. And even call cat evil. So, God created evil. Right? Who created cat?. Your head needs to be reformatted with a dirty slap. I do not understand why people look for trouble. So, do you want to cause trouble? In your own wisdom, a public forum like nairaland is where you should put this rubbish? SMH. When the real trouble start, I hope you will come out to say you started it.

My own bible did not tell me to be st.upid and not caution my mouth or hand. Even James advised me to put a guard over my tongue. Just spitting out rubbish, absolutely rubbish.

Note, I am not a catholic. But why one earth would you be bold to write this nonsense in a public forum. That your head....eh, something is definitely wrong with it. You better be careful because I see that common sense is far from you. God will look away when you are given the doses of what you really deserved. Nonsense! Just trying to cause wahala in Nigeria.

All you wrote up with your bible references are not acceptable before God. Please catholic members, just ignore this useless thread and OP. He is a "wahala" person. Leave him alone with his over zealous mentality.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 30, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

You have been advised with wisdom to caution yourself, but it seem you don't want to. The lady gave you a decent response, but you don't want to stop. What has "muslim" got to do with this? Why Islam out of everything out there? You know Nigeria is a delicate place, you know the tension out there, yet single out Islam. Why would you single out Islam here? Would Jesus you follow do this? Yet, you want the audience listen to your own truth. Your own version of the truth. Go park well. Learn to communicate first before you pass your own truth across. Even your truth is the real truth, you have just disqualified yourself as the carrier of the truth.

Let me ask you. Could you prove here that your bible is the truth? The truth is 100% truth. And show me here that others are not good. Show facts. Show concised reasons. Show it clearly. Why must it be your bible that everyone must read? Look at the bolded words, could you tell me what is wrong with Quran? I mentioned Quran cos you specifically mentioned Islam here. I could have asked you many other books too. But let's stop here. You must prove here Quran is corruptible; otherwise, you are the one who is corruptible. Go on, I am reading.

Note: I am a christian. So, do not think I am strong Muslim who want to cause trouble here. But someone needs to put people like you in your place. Just causing troubles out of nothing. Go on. Show me here that Quran is corruptible and that ONLY the Bible is pure truth. Go on. Then, show me here that the Bible has not been tampered with also. And then, go to revelation and see the caution for tampering with it. Does that not show you that even your god/God knows the holiest books will be tampered with? Yet you are doing Macho man here. Please, focus on the local church you are teaching with your so called way of life, and stop bringing this nonsense here. If the Muslims start defending their religion, you will not say you attacked them first. Why this nonsense? What has Muslim got to do with this?

Preach Religious tolerance sir. You way is right in your eyes, fine. Let it be. Do not force it down the throat of others. Preach and leave them alone. No need to choke down the truth you believe on others.

I hope I have made myself clear. If not, you will get the second dose of what you deserve.

Stay blessed!

Note: I am not saying the Bible is not the truth. I read it, I believe in it. But you are the one saying the Bible is the truth and you have the gut to even mention Islam, then, you must have evidences beyond reasonable doubts Quran is a terrible book. So, start stating the facts here. Remember that muslims are reading.

Lessons:
1. Do not start what you cannot finish. Never!
2. Over zealous attitude kills the spirit
3. Following the lead of the inner man is vital
4. Controlling ones tongue in real life, and fingers online is maturity.

Psalms 119:165 kjv - "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 30, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

You woke up the faithful day God gave you the grace, and you decided to write this garbage. If you were in 6 ft below, you wouldn't write this nonsense. Truly, life is a gift. But many abuse it. SMH.

And you related cat to the denomination. And even call cat evil. So, God created evil. Right? Who created cat?. Your head needs to be reformatted with a dirty slap. I do not understand why people look for trouble. So, do you want to cause trouble? In your own wisdom, a public forum like nairaland is where you should put this rubbish? SMH. When the real trouble start, I hope you will come out to say you started it.

My own bible did not tell me to be st.upid and not caution my mouth or hand. Even James advised me to put a guard over my tongue. Just spitting out rubbish, absolutely rubbish.

Note, I am not a catholic. But why one earth would you be bold to write this nonsense in a public forum. That your head....eh, something is definitely wrong with it. You better be careful because I see that common sense is far from you. God will look away when you are given the doses of what you really deserved. Nonsense! Just trying to cause wahala in Nigeria.

All you wrote up with your bible references are not acceptable before God. Please catholic members, just ignore this useless thread and OP. He is a "wahala" person. Leave him alone with his over zealous mentality.

It's obvious you created this account to attack the Bible, not me. I will never give my opinion. I let God's word stand independent.

Again....

Psalms 119:165 kjv - "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:

Prov 19:18: “Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.”

Prov 22:15: “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.”

Prov 23:13-14: “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die

I was not offended. Neither am I a Muslim nor a catholic, so why should I be offended. I am a promoter of peace, love and joy.

You needed to be scolded, and I have dished out what you deserved.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

Prov 19:18: “Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.”

Prov 22:15: “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.”

Prov 23:13-14: “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die

I was not offended. Neither am I a Muslim nor a catholic, so why should I be offended. I am a promoter of peace, love and joy.

You needed to be scolded, and I have dished out what you deserved.

Quoting from the Bible you don't even believe in. God is laughing at you. You have no idea.

Again....

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:

It's obvious you created this account to attack the Bible, not me. I will never give my opinion. I let God's word stand independent.

Again....

Trouble makers like you in the name of defending your religion must be stopped. You are not different from the extremist of other religions. Christian is peaceful way of life. A good christian doesnt write articles that will bring real troubles in public forums. You are a vessel in.the hand of the ev.il one. If you are used unknowingly, stop it. Deliver yourself now before it is too late.

I read the Bible, and I understand what is in it. I am not against the Bible. I am against you. If I check well, and I check your pastor, it may be these brainwashing "yo yo yo" prosperity and bla bla bla denomination you attend. Has anyone attacked your "yo yo yo" pastor and you? Nothing about the word in you. If you claim you are led by the Holy Spirit to put this out in a public forum, you are not led by God, but by a deceptive and over zealous spirit.

Preach the gospel in a decent way. Do not turn this world upside down. You defence is: anyone against you is against tge Bible. No. I am not against the Bible. I am against you. You are a man already being used by demon to cause wahala. You better stop it. You think you can write this nonsense and Catholics will keep quiet?

Where in your Bible is it written cat is evil? Fo.olishn.ess of the highest order.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:

Quoting from the Bible you don't even believe in. God is laughing at you. You have no idea.

Again....

I have your time.

I can see you are a demo.nic filled self claimed christian with the nonsense you wrote. You better go check your brain well. You are the one who knows what I believe in or not. So, you are God who can search hearts. You are too bold. That is your problem. So, it is you who can only quote from the Bible. Just imagine the boldness in you to write the nonsense up there.

You started with rubbish. Absolutley rubbish. If you can prove to me that cat is evil, and show me where it is written in the Bible that cat is evil, I will stop. If you can use science, let's go there.

Timothy 4. 4: For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

Gen 1.31: God saw all that he had made, and it was very good

So, get on board and let us clear this cat issue first. If you cannot prove this; then, everything else you wrote up there is absolutely rubbish. Why? CATholic. Now, start addressing it. Listen, you will show me how cat became evil also. Or you show me that the father of evil created it.

If not, hold your peace.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

I have your time.

I can see you are a demo.nic filled self claimed christian with the nonsense you wrote. You better go check your brain well. You are the one who knows what I believe in or not. So, you are God who can search hearts. You are too bold. That is your problem. So, it is you who can only quote from the Bible. Just imagine the boldness in you to write the nonsense up there.

You started with rubbish. Absolutley rubbish. If you can prove to me that cat is evil, and show me where it is written in the Bible that cat is evil, I will stop. If you can use science, let's go there.

Timothy 4. 4: For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

So, get on board and let us clear this cat issue first. If you cannot prove this; then, everything else you wrote up there is absolutely rubbish. Why? CATholic. Now, start addressing it. Listen, you will show me how cat became evil also. Or you show me that the father of evil created it.

If not, hold your peace.

You have no problem with what I said, you only have a problem with the Bible. You've an authority issue. I cannot help you. My Kjv Bible does not preach one world religion, it preaches separation. Whenever Christ spoke, people like you get offended throughout the gospel. The truth will always offend. To preach means to thrust or stab. Look at all my topics, none has anything to do with prosperity nor this pastor said this or that. I belong to no denomination. I'm a Bible believer.

Again...

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

I have your time.

If not, hold your peace.

Why does this cat offend you so much? You know another creature that is more evil than a cat; the answers is humans.

Again...

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 30, 2021
You should know what authority is. If you do, you will not write the nonsense up there. Learn the life of Jesus, and study discipleship to know about authority. For you to keep arguing when not only I have scolded you is a sign you are rebellious. First you spoke terrible nonsense about cat and catholic. Then, you got bold and dived into Islam. Did your Bible tell you to be attacking other religions? You started it, and when your coconut heat is knocked here and there, you start hiding behind "they hate the bible". You are a real de.mon using Bible as a cover. Who attacked who? You attacked catholic and Islam. Or am I the one? Now, prove to us you are right, you cannot. You started hiding behind " they hate your truth". To heck with your useless truth.

You are too bold but not smart, and you are heading to destruction. You keep hiding behind Bible. Tell us about CAT first. If you cannot, shut up.

Second, start showing how Jesus preached separation from the world? The separation my own Jesus taught me is by my action. I let my lifestyle show I am a Christian. I dont do what they do. When they see the fruits, they ask me how I can be like this. But you write nonsense. Your nonsense articles attracts insults and "jabs and yabs". Yet, your coconut head is still hot enough to understand you are to shut up. But your own separation is that you must rain your useless truths on anyone who doesnt agree with you. I have told you, you deserve a na.sty slap.

I have your time this morning. Keep showing your fo.olishn ess and stu.pidity. I will treat you very well and dish you what you deserve excellently. It is a promise I will fulfill.

iyambz:

You have no problem with what I said, you only have a problem with the Bible. You've an authority issue. I cannot help you. My Kjv Bible does not preach one world religion, it preaches separation. Whenever Christ spoke, people like you get offended throughout the gospel. The truth will always offend. To preach means to thrust or stab. Look at all my topics, none has anything to do with prosperity nor this pastor said this or that. I belong to no denomination. I'm a Bible believer.

Again...

Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:

Why does this cat offend you so much? You know another creature that is more evil than a cat; the answers is humans.

Again...

Exactly. Humans like you are dangerous deceiving people and making them kill beautiful creatures which dont offend them. You are ev.il. Pure one. Your kind of person is evi.l.

So, you cannot defend this cat issue, yet you put it there boldly. You do not understand the meaning of offence. Do not turn the table. You said cat is evil and it is related to catholic. You lied. You put a false doctrine and teaching there. I'm correcting you. You are a false prophet, a false teacher, and a false writer. Go and change your way. How can you call what God created evil. Even God scolded Peter. Have you not read about his vision in the Bible? E.vil man, tell me. Yea. Humans like you are indeed evil. Humans like you hide behind Bible. Ev.il man, change your way.

Your e.vil plan of causing trouble in Nigeria will not be successful. Return to those feeding you these nonsense teachings teachings to stop. Change. Find a living church and start attending. Obviously the one you presently attend forsnt have positive effect on you.

If you do not stop, I will blast you more.

All your threads are pieces of "sh...its". Your write up here has erased everything. You are a piece of s...hit too. I'm telling you the truth. I will spare you nothing but dish you what you deserved. Better i insult and even curse you than allow you burn down Nigeria. This useless thread can do burn Nigeria down. But thank God good people saw it on time. You are e.vil.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by DappaD: 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
The same Catholic Church that handed down the Trinity doctrine to all your various churches which you blindly follow? You’re also a cultist if you still adhere to their teachings of Trinity and hellfire.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
It will profit me nothing to hit a 2 year old toddler. Kindly ignore this toddler (peacelovejoy) that is so obsessed with my threads.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
iyambz:
It will profit me nothing to hit a 2 year old toddler. Kindly ignore this toddler (peacelovejoy) that is so obsessed with my threads.
The 2-years old toddler will continue knocking your idio.tic coconut head till you receive sense, Mr. hatred spreader. Just make sure you hide well cos I will make sure you are locked up in Yaba left till you start thinking like an adult a toddler doesnt have to knock his head.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Eviana(f): 2:44am On Jan 31, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

The gamut is actually a large high way where the highest speed per min is allowed. Not a discussion for this thread, but I can assure you there is a link to all of them like a chain. Nigeria is not said to be great ordinarily. I think the name should have been the United Regions of Nigeria just like the United States of America. Those things you are looking for are what made Nigeria strong. I pray you find the truth soonest.

Stay blessed.

I can't quench this spiritual passion for Nigeria.... which some folks may not quite understand.
However, thank you for your comment....oh and I plan to (by God's grace)continue staying blessed by Him and being a blessing to others.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Eviana(f): 2:51am On Jan 31, 2021
iyambz:

I understand what you are saying now.
I also want to sincerely apologize for what has transpired on this thread.
I had "0" intention of causing any battle between you and the other poster.
I appreciate his comment in defense of me, but I have not a clue as to what caused him to respond like that to you?
Only he knows why he did this....in this manner.
You seem very sincere about your love for the Lord...from what I've read and I am not questioning that.
I was just offering a suggestion about a way to do it in a more gentle way.
I appreciate you conversing with me in a civil manner.
Again, my apologies.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by StubbornGENIUS: 2:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Freedom of expression.It seems the Catholic doctrines are giving you guys nightmares hence the panadol you're taking on another's headache.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 31, 2021
Eviana:

I understand what you are saying now.
I also want to sincerely apologize for what has transpired on this thread.
I had "0" intention of causing any battle between you and the other poster.
[s]I appreciate his comment in defense of me, [/s] but I have not a clue as to what caused him to respond like that to you?
Only he knows why he did this....in this manner.
[s]You seem very sincere about your love for the Lord...from what I've read and I am not questioning that. [/s]
I was just offering a suggestion about a way to do it in a more gentle way.
I appreciate you conversing with me in a civil manner.
Again, my apologies.

I did not defend you as I have learned to mind my business. This is public forum anyone can contribute to. I do not have time to defend anyone cos I dont need the association or the favor of anyone. I stand for the truth. The truth here is that he is a time bomb who is ready to cause religious war. You have written many times you are American, and I ask you, if good people do not prevail on your ex President Trump and allowed him go at his pace, do you think you can still have a peaceful United States? Even most social media had to gag him. I was against it later cos even lesser ones did it to him, but it worked. They checked him fast. The man even has created "The office of the former president" lol. See, people like him will not stop. They may start with God's plan, but their over zealous attitude always kills them. They won't know when the spirit of God departs just like with Saul the King.

At times we need to ask ourselves. Has God sent us to write what we have decided to? Many just want to cause trouble. I am defending my nation Nigeria. The civil war of many years ago we experienced is enough. This war is why the hatred for Igbo is so much. I love everyone, even the fulanis, I love them so much. But something is wrong somewhere. The way Christians defend their faith is the way Moslim will too. Is it a moslim man causing trouble here? To heck with his truth. And to heck with defending you. I have no time for such. See, carry your hypocrites away. I will tell you straight here too. What you dont know, you ask. I dont defend anyone who is not worthy to be defended. You are not worthy to be defended. Far from it to defend you. I have read it many times where statements like this from you. And they dont bother me. It just shows who really you are.

But guess what, if I need to still write and maybe it may sound I defenx you, far away from it. I write only what I know is alright. There is something I want to learn and that is why I do what I do. So, relax. I dont know you, and i dont want to know you. Certainly, I will never defend you. So, let it sink into you that I am a free writer. And I'm telling you, I can write something which may look like I defend you tomorrow. No, I am just being neutral. I just read what people write and i try to understand them. That's all. Please, if you endorse his ma.dn.ess of going about attacking denominations and causing troubles, you will have me face you too. Tolerate others. If you think a denomination is fake, choke it down your members throat in your local church, and stop there. This is a global forum. Your truth can cause war if you agree with his method. Is it what you want? If not, stop supporting as.sholes like this OP.

Again, i dont know you, and I dont want yo know you. All I want to do is discuss and learn. Period. You arent too special for me to waste my energy to defend. There is no gentle way a ma.d man will go about his things. A ma.d man is always violent. He will never listen. The only language his ma.dne.ss understand is hitting him back hard. So, if you cannot check him, step aside and dont make him feel special. Why don't you mention your denomination and see if he will not write lies about you? Go on. Do it.
Re: Catholicism, Everything That Is Wrong With It by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 31, 2021
StubbornGENIUS:
Freedom of expression.It seems the Catholic doctrines are giving you guys nightmares hence the panadol you're taking on another's headache.
It is not about catholic sir. Read his other threads, he is attacking every denomination he doesnt agree with. Also, other religions, even moslims are not left out. This one can go to Moslim threads and cause serious trouble. People like him are the reason NL put Islmaic confession of faith before one can make comments on their section. And does this simple act not address violence btw Christians and moslims here? It means something is wrong with many Christians. Seriously, there are too many violent Christians these days. They attack moslims unjustly. Why must they choke their own truth down the throat of others. I dont have time for people like him, but this guy if not checked can burn down Nigeria. Go through his threads.

So, I end mine with freedom of religion without choking yours down the throat of others. Your truth will save you, so you have the free will to go ahead. No one is obliged to accept your truth. Say it in a polite and decent manner without inciting war. Your truth becomes useless if it is a mass destruction weapon. This is what I am against.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Satan Ministry: Ouija Board - Communicate With Spirits Of The Dead. / Don’t Go To Hell , Heaven Is Real By Reverend, Park, Yong Gyu / Muslim Paradise Vs Christian Paradise (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.