Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Holy Spirit And Your Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit And Your Destiny (608 Views)

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How To Lose Your Destiny In Few Seconds / 5 Signs Your Destiny (ori) Has Been Stolen Or Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit And Your Destiny by judedwriter(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2021
Destiny fulfillment on earth is possible through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Through the help of the Holy Spirit, we can fully fulfill all of God's plans, purposes and objectives for our lives.

If we commit ourselves more to praying in the Holy Spirit, we can achieve so much in a relatively short time which will take others years to accomplish.

Why is this so? The Holy Spirit is the executor of God's will on earth.

Genesis 1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

² And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

³ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

It was the Holy Spirit who brought about light after God powerfully spoke it to being. So the Holy Spirit has the major responsibility of carrying out God's will on earth and in our lives:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed (or empowered) me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
— Luke 4:18

Here Jesus was using the prophecy of Isaiah to refer to His earthly ministry. It was the Holy Spirit who empowered Jesus to do all that the father wanted Him to do in His three and half year ministry:

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
— Acts 10:38

Jesus' salvation, healing and deliverance ministry would have been impossible had He ignored the Holy Spirit. Symbolically, the Holy Ghost came on Him like a dove, to prepare Him effectively to do all the Father's purposes on earth as He began His ministry.

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him.
— Matthew 3:16

In a nutshell, the Holy Spirit empowers us to do God's will:

But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.
— Micah 3:8

The power of the Holy Spirit comes mainly through Bible study, fasting and praying in tongues.

A simple reason why many believers struggle with regression and stagnation, is because they lack the power of God's Spirit. The Holy Spirit empowers us to progress and accelerate in God's will:

Acts 13
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
² As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

³ And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.

⁴ So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

The Holy Spirit reveals and sends us forth into God's plan and destiny for our lives. He knows all of God's plan and purposes for our lives and He can help us achieve them provided we allow Him lead us.

Are you confused about your purpose in life? You don't know what God's will is for you? You don't know your divine destiny?

You need to spend aside quality time with the Holy Spirit, praying in tongues and seeking His directions and revelations.

Many times, the Holy Spirit shows us God's will through dreams and visions:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.
— Acts 2:17

I have received divine revelations from the Holy Spirit concerning what God wants me to accomplish; this didn't come through muttering a few minutes prayers, but a prolonged period of praying in tongues:

Romans 8
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁶ Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

²⁷ And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit knows the mind of the father for us; He knows the deepest things of God concerning our lives and destinies:

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
— 1 Corinthians 2:10

I strongly believe that at the judgment seat of Christ where believers will be judged for their works, those who prayed or spoke more in tongues will have greater rewards like the apostle Paul who spoke a lot in tongues :

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all.
— 1 Corinthians 14:18

The destiny of a man comprises of three things:

1. What God wants us to accomplish.

2. What God wants us to become.

3. What God wants us to possess.

Many times we talk about destiny, we focus more on what God wants us to possess in terms of financial and material blessings, but we forget that God created us specifically to become what He had in mind before we were conceived:

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
— Jeremiah 1:5

No matter how rich and wealthy we are, if we are not what God created us to become, we have failed woefully. So wealth and riches, though very important, are not the true yardstick to determine destiny fulfillment.

Destiny fulfillment is possible through the Holy Spirit. By the power of the Holy Spirit, we can possess all God wants us to possess, achieve all God wants us to achieve and become all God wants us to become.

However, like I said before, this doesn't come through lukewarm prayers, but fervent praying in tongues for a prolonged time.

If there was a time when we need to fully fulfill God's destinies for our lives, it's now. We are practically living at the end of the church age; the antichrist through President Joe Biden's administration is about to be unleashed.

At the rapture, the Holy Spirit will catch away the church and exit the earth paving way for intense demonic activities as never seen before by mankind.

Now we have the Holy Spirit still with us, isn't it wisdom to allow Him full control of our lives?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Beatification Of Suleiman Johnson By Deji Yesufu / Prophet Odumeje Shows Satan Where True Power Lies As He Destroys Idols (video) / Man Calls Adeboye A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.