Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! (483 Views)

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / If You Don't Believe God Exists, This True Life Story Will Change Your Mind / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by TheNaijaGist(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
cry Damn!!!!
Am just totally confused, I was born in a Christian home and grew there but I have little knowledge on Christianity.
Although I know Bible alot!! But I need clear explanation on all those verses embarassed
Do Jesus exist?
If yes what's the prove? How do I know and totally believe in him.
Sometimes I Repent and after going through some Facebook post from some atheisit am following. I just totally Turn bad sharing some of their post that God does not exist. They gave very reasonable prove that God did not exist
Please if God do exist tell me how to become a strong believer.
If others ask me for prove what will I say,?
This are some of the posts I found below!

1 Share

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by TheNaijaGist(m): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
See the images below

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by incogni2o: 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
To the OP.

Firstly, I appreciate your trying to discuss your struggles openly, and also trying to discuss on how to serve God truely, COS EVERY SOUL YEARNS FOR THAT. It is very good.

I must tell you that it is one thing to be born into Christianity and it is another thing to be a true Christian.

There comes a time in every life of a child born into Christianity to actually question if all these we do makes sense holistically, especially when we find out that there is a FAITH part to this thing but the same education we were trained with makes us question and find evidence to TRUTH CLAIMS.

Definitely, one of the truth claims of the bible is that In the beginning, GOD........., While another is In the beginning was the WORD(referring to Jesus Christ). The Bible is a one Book which plenty of evidences to proof that GOD IS [/b]and [b]JESUS IS
. The issue is just that as humans, due to our curious instinct, Questions will ALWAYS come up after answered questions. Even in nature, but the fact still remains that there is overwhelming evidence that point to the fact that we are all made from something.

Some scientists may describe God as
Energy
Gravity
Time
Space
Light
The universe

But in actual fact, the bible already mentioned God is not Matter, He is all encompassing all these things listed above.

Just as science has not known what lies beyond the known universe, We can just keep knowing more but CANNOT Know it all

I want you to know that we all have these struggles, even to non christians and secular scientists themselves, especially people who try to be honest with themselves and refuse to follow sheepishly the religiousity of our procreators.

I also want you to know that NO AMOUNT OF SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE CAN FULLY EMPERICALLY PROOF IF THERE IS A GOD OR NOT TO YOU. All the proof we currently have still leads us back to Having FAITH

One of the verses in the Bible that helped me was in the Scripture that says... And without FAITH, It is impossible to Please God, HE THAT COMETH TO GOD MUST BELEIVE THAT HE IS(He exists) AND HE IS THE REWARDER OF THOSE THAT DELIGENTLY SEEK HIM.

Another is is that God is not just for the Smart or Intelligent or Knowledgeable or seemingly wise. In fact, prefers to use the not-knowledgeable people instead, what I mean is that being intelligent is never a factor of knowing God more. That's the way God did it in his infinite Wisdom.

In order not to digresss too much.

I will recommend that you read the scriptures more, or rather feed on spiritual things more than canal things, soul eats, and most of the popular things we see on social media are very unhealthy for the soul which tends to draw us away from our closeness to God and Godly, Holy and Spiritual things in the Spirit.

This the reason why bad knowledge or information you feed your Soul, the fainter your FAITH becomes.

So i will advice you to

Listen to more spiritual songs (not all these recent ones that have no substance though)
Do your quiet time everyday
Have a daily bible reading
Join Christian books online
Have christian internet radio stations you listen to
Have Genuine Christian Friends too

All these will help your Soul and build your Faith.

It is well with your soul Bro.

Will pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by HallaDaTruth: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2021
Who makes the Air you breathe.

1 Like

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by MMWandali: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2021
please look at the world around you, how do you think it came into existence if, there is no God to create it.
check out all living things and nature generally, these are all proof of a living God.

Nothing just happens,
Nothing comes into being without a creator.

JESUS IS LORD!!!
Through Him all things were made,
without Him nothing was made that has been made.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by helinues: 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
There is a supernatural being but not in the way of religion description
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by sonmvayina(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
God is the totality of the conciouseness of the universe. Not a man or a human being.
The stories in the bible are not to be taken litrrally. They are all allegories and metaphors.
Jesus is just a roman creation. Christianity is the product of the council of Nicea that emperior constantine convened . He wanted a single religion for his empire

It is an abomination and an insult on the God of the jews. God having a son in like manner. Yuuurrklkl
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Ihedinobi3: 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
TheNaijaGist:
cry Damn!!!!
Am just totally confused, I was born in a Christian home and grew there but I have little knowledge on Christianity.
Although I know Bible alot!! But I need clear explanation on all those verses embarassed
Do Jesus exist?
Sometimes I Repent and after going through some Facebook post from some atheisit am following. I just totally Turn bad sharing some of their post that God does not exist. They gave very reasonable prove that God did not exist

Hi there.

When we believe in Jesus Christ, that He is God Who became Man and died for our sins so that we can be reconciled to God, we are saved, and we become children of God. But that is not the end of the matter.

The Bible tells us that if we have tasted of the grace of God and become believers, we should also grow spiritually (see the link) (1 Peter 2:2-3). It is only by growing spiritually that we secure our Salvation. When we fail to grow spiritually, we remain vulnerable to the lies that can cause us to fall away from faith in the Lord.

That is to say that the only way that any of us can find peace and stability in our faith in God is by diligently learning everything that the Bible has to teach. If we don't, well, we will always be vulnerable to doubts.

So I encourage you to pursue that path.

However, it is important to keep in mind that life here on earth is all about what we choose to believe. The fact that something is true is not going to force us to believe it. We can see the truth and still refuse to accept it as true. That is because we all have free will. Of course, the atheists that you spoke of do argue that we don't, but there is no human being who has never changed their mind. That is more than conclusive proof that we have an inmate ability to choose things or to change our choice.

If this is true -- and I assure you that it is -- it is obvious why atheists can claim that there is no God. The evidence of God's existence is glaring. It is the very world around you and your own self. How does everything exist if God doesn't exist? Believe me, I have debated this question very many times in my life. There are all sorts of insane answers to it from atheists.

Some atheists pretend that nothing magically became something after a very long time. Others insist that this universe was created by an infinite line of universes. Yet others pretend that this universe has always existed. All of these things are easily false. If the universe has always existed, why does it experience change? If there is an infinite line of universes that gave rise to this one in the continuum, then what created the very first universe in that chain? Oh, it's infinite? If anyone can believe that magical concept, why is it hard to believe in an infinite God who has always existed? If nothing became something, then insanity is normal, and the atheist who believes it is no better than the Christian who believes in a God that has always existed.

It is obvious that God exists. Even atheists know this. Their problem is not whether God exists or not. As your memes prove, the problem is that they disapprove of His ways. For example, why wipe out humanity with a global flood when he could reveal Himself or magically make humanity good? That is what they would do. But God is not like them, and they can't stand that.

How can we solve the problem of atheism? As long as free will is functional, we can't. God has given every human being a right to choose whether to accept His testimony about Himself (that is, the Gospel) or to reject it. The atheist is only exercising his free will by rejecting it. That is alright. When God judges the world, the atheist will see the proofs that he is demanding for then. Of course, they won't do him any good at that time, but then he could have accepted the evidence offered prior.

In short, it is up to you to make a choice, sir. You have to decide whether you want to give God a fair hearing and whether you will accept His testimony or not. He won't force you. But if you choose not to either seek His testimony or listen to it or believe it, then you have to consider that you may have to eventually face the consequences of rejecting Him. He, not you, is the God, after all.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by kingxsamz(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
TheNaijaGist:
cry Damn!!!!
Do Jesus exist?
Lmao.
grin
I don't need to type too much.
Make I just show you another meme.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by kingxsamz(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
MMWandali:
please look at the world around you, how do you think it came into existence if, there is no God to create it.
check out all living things and nature generally, these are all proof of a living God.

Nothing just happens,
Nothing comes into being without a creator.

Going by that logic, who created your god? grin grin
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by kukoyi17226: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2021
Who makes the Air you breathe.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by TheNaijaGist(m): 8:57am On Jan 25, 2021
Thanks for the postive thaught above
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 25, 2021
TheNaijaGist:
cry Damn!!!!
Do Jesus exist?
If you want to know if God truly exist, I want you to do a dry fasting for 7 days(12am-6pm no food and water till 6pm) praying to God to reveal his power to you, also sing praises to him, read your bible, before you read the bible tell the holy spirit to baptise you with his fire, you have to be intentional about it and for each day, I want you to record your experience and your dream in a notebook. Then come back and give us your observation. During the fasting period, don't go through any atheist posts or share cause you are seeking God now to know him.

Try it and tell me your observation.

1 Like

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Image123(m): 9:43am On Jan 25, 2021
Nuttella:
If you want to know if God truly exist, I want you to do a dry fasting for 7 days(12am-6pm no food and water till 6pm) praying to God to reveal his power to you, also sing praises to him, read your bible, before you read the bible tell the holy spirit to baptise you with his fire, you have to be intentional about it and for each day, I want you to record your experience and your dream in a notebook. Then come back and give us your observation. During the fasting period, don't go through any atheist posts or share cause you are seeking God now to know him.

Try it and tell me your observation.

Good experiment if anyone can try. God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. Emphasis on diligently.

1 Like

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2021
Religion is like a robot telling another robot how to worship the manufacture. Men wrote the Bible and have added alot of their own foolishness into the Bible this is why the more a wise person reads the Bible the more confussing the Bible becomes.
Best way for a wise person to read the Bible is to ask God for wisdom to sift out all the nonsense men have added to the Bible. The wise should remain Blessed.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
Religion is like a robot telling another robot how to worship the manufacture. Men wrote the Bible and have added alot of their own foolishness into the Bible this is why the more a wise person reads the Bible the more confussing the Bible becomes.
Best way for a wise person to read the Bible is to ask God for wisdom to sift out all the nonsense men have added to the Bible. The wise should remain Blessed.
The bible was written by the inspiration of the holy spirit(2 Timothy 3:16). So technically its not only man that wrote the bible.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Casham: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2021
Trust me, the question of 'God' is one that only you can answer for yourself. We have one thing in common; we ask questions. Those who already have one thing they believe in without question are the lucky ones. I came from a mixed family of die-hard Christians and Muslims. I studied the Bible cover to cover more times than I can count. I read the entire Qur'an only once (that book na total rubbish, no offence intended). I joined a Christian/Muslim study group in Minna where we read all kinds of books and answer questions together. I still have questions. My biggest question is: how do I prove there is no God and there is, if he cares at all. He has never proven himself to me. I don't wanna believe simply because I was told. I will suggest you read this novel: Blasphemy by Douglas Preston.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 25, 2021
One thing I know for sure though: Your English does not exist. cool

Lol

Seriously dude, what happened to you?
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by jesusjnr1: 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
@TheNaijaGist, perhaps what you should first ask yourself is if those people posting those things were really atheists or satanists, because atheists shouldn't be so much preoccupied with castigating a being they really believe doesn't exist.

That alone should tell you that even those who post those things believe God exists, and are actually God-haters despite that they claim to be atheists.

Except you want to also be a God-hater like them, then suit yourself, but do not deceive yourself that you're an atheist, because you would only be lying to yourself.

God truly exists, and if you want to really know Him, you have to make sincere effort to seek to know Him, and He would reveal Himself to you, because those are the only people that God take seriously.

If not do not expect any response, because such knowledge is not meant for the insincere.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, if you're truthfully searching for God i can help you but if you've made up your mind then your heart will only be inclined towards one side "God does not exist" by then nobody can help you again.
First of all i want you to know that God exists and there is just one single group of people worshiping him today Jehovah's Witnesses so if you want to discuss with me you have to concentrate on you and i alone, let others flow in with their contribution but you don't need to ask me questions pertaining to the information someone else gives you about God.
My own God is unique, he has almost 9,000,000 worshipers globally, we are all like one family even though we don't know ourselves face to face the SPIRIT unite us as one throughout the earth. So whatever you hear from any other source about God doesn't have anything to do with our own God because nobody outside our Organization know our own God and he is the one and only true God.

So if you're ready to chat about him feel free to ask me any question and i'll give you answers from the Bible.

May you have PEACE! smiley

TheNaijaGist:
cry Damn!!!!
Do Jesus exist?
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
Nuttella:
The bible was written by the inspiration of the holy spirit(2 Timothy 3:16). So technically its not only man that wrote the bible.

Like 1% the inspiration by God but the rest is man's own inspiration.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, if you're truthfully searching for God i can help you but if you've made up your mind then your heart will only be inclined towards one side "God does not exist" by then nobody can help you again.
First of all i want you to know that God exists and there is just one single group of people worshiping him today Jehovah's Witnesses so if you want to discuss with me you have to concentrate on you and i alone, let others flow in with their contribution but you don't need to ask me questions pertaining to the information someone else gives you about God.
My own God is unique, he has almost 9,000,000 worshipers globally, we are all like one family even though we don't know ourselves face to face the SPIRIT unite us as one throughout the earth. So whatever you hear from any other source about God doesn't have anything to do with our own God because nobody outside our Organization know our own God and he is the one and only true God.

So if you're ready to chat about him feel free to ask me any question and i'll give you answers from the Bible.

You are so discriminatory and hateful. Why is your God different from our God, does that make you a Christian? So you are saying that we are not serving the same Yahweh/Jehovah?

Why do you say that Jesus is angel Michael?
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
The answer to all your questions is just one!

TRUTH doesn't have two versions but one, i never said you're not worshiping God, only that our own God differs from yours.
Ridiculers may come in to make fun of it but that doesn't move us, if anyone has heard any group of religionists say the same confidently like JWs let them present such a group. What you don't know is that Deeperlife and RCCG members may be deceived and also deceiving themselves but intelligent observers can sense that they're not worshiping the same SPIRIT, because if they do their mode of worship, code of conduct and ranking should be the same. If a pastor in RCCG can't go and minister in Deeperlife and vise versa then any sane individual will know that they're not worshiping the same SPIRIT.
It's you that hate to hear the truth! smiley

So talk about your own God after all you can see that our own Jesus is not the God we worship but the angel sent to come in flesh archangel Michael therefore if we disagree on that how come you think we're worshiping the same God with you? cheesy

Nuttella:
You are so discriminatory and hateful. Why is your God different from our God, does that make you a Christian? So you are saying that we are not serving the same Yahweh/Jehovah?
Why do you say that Jesus is angel Michael?
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jokes are not supposed to be allowed here. Anyway.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:43am On Jan 26, 2021
Why can't you present your own God without having to attach yourself to others?

Well you're just a pagan with no specific FAITH, since the OP has refused to ask questions it's evident that he's not interested in the TRUTH he has already made up his mind. So i'll leave you guys to continue spewing your gibberish! cheesy

Image123:

Jokes are not supposed to be allowed here. Anyway.
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by Image123(m): 9:54am On Jan 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Why can't you present your own God without having to attach yourself to others?

Well you're just a pagan with no specific FAITH, since the OP has refused to ask questions it's evident that he's not interested in the TRUTH he has already made up his mind. So i'll leave you guys to continue spewing your gibberish! cheesy

Liar and hypocrite, you are not leaving are you?
Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by sonmvayina(m): 10:05am On Jan 26, 2021
Hiw about this for a start..

Re: Do Christ Exist? Do God Exists? How Do I Know. Am Confused! by sonmvayina(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2021
Dropping knowlwdge..

(1) (Reply)

Prophetic Prayer Declarations For You / Gentleness / RIP: Primate’s Mum; Mrs. Selina Ndukuba Lies In State For Commendation (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.