Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video (40363 Views)

Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS / The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by wellsaid2: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
?
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by officialsaw01(m): 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Fashola started this project in 2008 since i was in JSS 1 and now i am getting old.... It's a pity.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Cantonese: 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
Minjim:

Let's forget about the military era. Those are wasted years

So since 1999 successive Lagos state government couldn't afford it?

Fantastic question.

This project commenced in 2008. It was started by the same party, with the same party still in power.

Can anyone here say that politicians government officials have not taken one undue advantage or the other financially in this project?

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by treasurenat(m): 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
Lagos don get all means of transportation. d only state that has that in Nigeria.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by psalmylee: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
Scream:
Which century will they complete the project?
I tell u bros,they have being building that bridge since I dey primary sch..now I dey final yr for unilag.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Panda7(m): 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
commendable

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by samwheel(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2021
post=98406125:

Shamelessness!
Something the criminals y'all support couldn't do for 16 years.
Y'all should hide your heads somewhere.....(trying to be polite) tongue

Oga shut up, fashola started d project wen he was a governor and it is finance by ecowas, not ur darling father.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Goodman247: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
I.hope the train will not fall and end in tears
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by texas1990(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Scream:
when will this ur mumu stop? this is my region south west, go to ur zoobiafraud republic and do something like this oponu.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by KosiGee(m): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
Never too late to start.

Visionary and very innovative way of tackling the transport problems of Lagos. I hope and pray it is completed in good time.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by texas1990(m): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
Vidsolution79:
Project that will be completed after Jesus comes
and na some body born u so? I doubt it mumu
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Scream(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
texas1990:

when will this ur mumu stop? this is my region south west, go to ur zoobiafraud republic and do something like this oponu.

You are unfit to contribute in the same thread with me.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by saajus: 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
I think they will need another 20 years to complete it.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Germi9: 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
since 2008
na! wa!!
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by KingRabota: 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2021
No vex 0
But why is it that anytime buhari enters office oil prices drop !?
Isn't that a sign that it isn't his destiny to rule this country

Because at the time Nigeria won't have been able to afford it.

When the project was originally conceived we had cash from the oil boom of 1973 to 1982.

In 1982 oil prices crashed

When Bubu took over he cancelled the project. Money was tight.

Infact money was tight from 1982 to 91 when we had a brief oil boom and again from 1991 to 2003 when oil price remained low till it went up again

The current project started around 2007 when oil prices were on an upward trend.And this time it is being executed by Lagos state , not the federal government

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Image123(m): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2021
grin grin planned to be completed in the year 2022. Jokes section please.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by ofiko123(m): 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nice one....Sanwo olu is working..
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by pquaver(m): 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Ogbeni, no be Okokomaiko wey I go which day

Nothing don happen there abeg.

Hold ups, and high cost of transportation as a result of the bad road (coupled with nfuel increase).

From Mile 2 to Okokomaiko is N1,000 bike (if you de in a hurry)

That project has been on from the time of Fashola.

, Lagos has never been a PDP State, so stop blabbing.

You dey stay for okokomiko isiukwuato lga in aba Abia state. Definitely not lagos..
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Benwallt(m): 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
Truth be told, this govt. should do something in the south east aside the second niger bridge. I ain't no easterner but westerner. The marginalisation is nauseating.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by vioment: 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
Railway wey dem dun dey build since I be small pikin; e never finish.

Like I keep saying, the intentions are good but the whole passenger train before cargo train is a highly mumuish plan based on our condition. How can you put passenger train before cargo train. The scale of preference is wrong here.

Lagos is the main entry port, and also close to a country's border, then on top of that, the most commercial state in Nigeria. Then the most populated but one of the smallest in size.

It would have made sense if this was a cargo train, that way you can reduce the traffic of big container trailers. Or should have done both (cargo and passenger trains) at the same time.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Ghost01(m): 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nothing to see. The project has been stagnating for years now.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Yebedervru: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
vioment:
Railway wey dem dun dey build since I be small pikin; e never finish.

Like I keep saying, the intentions are good but the whole passenger train before cargo train is a highly mumuish plan based on our condition. How can you put passenger train before cargo train. The scale of preference is wrong here.

Lagos is the main entry port, and also close to a country's border, then on top of that, the most commercial state in Nigeria. Then the most populated but one of the smallest in size.

It would have made sense if this was a cargo train, that way you can reduce the traffic of big container trailers. Or should have done both (cargo and passenger trains) at the same time.

How many times will they tell you that Lagos Ibadan is both cargo and railway to be linked to apapa
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by vioment: 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
Yebedervru:

How many times will they tell you that Lagos Ibadan is both cargo and railway to be linked to apapa

I no see or hear that part.

If true, then it is a visionary project.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Yebedervru: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
vioment:

I no see or hear that part.

If true, then it is a visionary project.
Its all over the media and they have even started linking the train to apapa already to be completed anytime from now
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by vioment: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Yebedervru:

Its all over the media and they have even started linking the train to apapa already to be completed anytime from now

If na like that, e make sense.

I been dun give up for the borrowing to put one brick, year after year. So I lost track of the improvement.

Nice 1 sha.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Yebedervru: 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
vioment:

If na like that, e make sense.

I been dun give up for the borrowing to put one brick, year after year. So I lost track of the improvement.

Nice 1 sha.
Yes and that’s why they are even building dry port in moniya beside the train station in Ibadan

So containers will offload from apapa port to olorisa oko dry port moniya Ibadan which is also beside moniya Ibadan station

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by LtCZAR: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Please forget this project. Any Nairalander from mile2 to okoko should be asked of first hand update.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by lozanni(m): 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
JumpByte:

Small small you Don dey near market o undecided

When bandits kidnap him from his bed, then he will know who the true children of hate are.

Misplaced priority.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by remele2(f): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
Scream:

Something that is over 11 years..... Abandoned project.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by BreconHills(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
JaffyJoe:

Bros please don't try to spin things unnecessarily.

"The initial Metroline project was scrapped in 1985 by Muhammadu Buhari at a loss of over $78 million to the Lagos tax payers. ... LAMATA initially concentrated on developing a Bus Rapid Transit system, running from Mile 12 to Lagos Island."

Imagine having to pay contractors off more than 30% of estimated project cost just because you said Nigeria was cash strapped. Mind you, the Naira was more valuable than the USD at this time.

Additionally, if you say Nigeria was broke, then how is it sensible now that we are borrowing from left to right to funds projects like Rail line to Niger with no economic benefits? Are we doing wonderfully well now? Has the Naira no been on the downward slope for a couple of years now? So where is that prudence you're trying to make me see?

Funding infrastructure is a necessity now because it is the only way we can fund growth. We have a youth bulge and we cannot save our way out of it, we have to spend our way out of it. Admittedly government hardly ever does a good job of this. There is still corruption, inefficiency and incompetence.

At the time buhari took over in 1985 right up to Babangida economic thinking - largely inspired by the world Bank and IMF was that a country must devalue its currency, cut costs and remove subsidies in order to kill off inefficient industries and replace them with viable ones. This was the thinking that destroyed Nigerias nascent industrial base - call it SAP.

Economic thinking has changed a lot since then. The thinking now is that demand must be stimulated through stimulus programs and investment in infrastructure. This is why you are saying debt increasing everywhere in the world. Nigerias debt to GDP ratio is just under 35% which is not flashing red lights yet especially now that human capital remittances has replaced commodities as the biggest inflow of fx - the boogie man of clean energy is being addressed albeit by chance.

So you are right, we lost a chance in 1985 but this must be placed against the prevailing economic theory of the time. At the same time, we now need to go full steam in the opposite direction to kick-start opportunity and demand.

You are also right not to trust the government to manage the process correctly. Where you are wrong is in suggesting that what happened in 1985 must have a corellation with 2021 strategy. The world has moved and so must we.
E.
E

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown / Man Dragged Off Flight For Saying Tinubu Won't Be President: Ibom Airlines react