Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video (40365 Views)

Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS / The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Seyzcham91(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
grin until the next governor comes and demolish everything decide to set up Air Line within lagos cuz naija government is known for one thing "no continuity in government"
Vidsolution79:
Project that will be completed after Jesus comes
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by vioment: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
Yebedervru:

Yes and that’s why they are even building dry port in moniya beside the train station in Ibadan

So containers will offload from apapa port to olorisa oko dry port moniya Ibadan which is also beside moniya Ibadan station

Correct moves.

Dem use style get some vision for this Mata.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2021
Scream:

Who is my state governor? I pay more than your annual salary as tax to Lagos State Government!

Note that I know how much politicians pay their political alleluia boys!
Guy you don old for nairaland o. shocked
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Afamed: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
JaffyJoe:
This was a project that was supposed to have been completed since the 80s. Buhari stopped it.
Lie lie. This was not Jakande train.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by mikmash(m): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
BreconHills:

Funding infrastructure is a necessity now because it is the only way we can fund growth. We have a youth bulge and we cannot save our way out of it, we have to spend our way out of it. Admittedly government hardly ever does a good job of this. There is still corruption, inefficiency and incompetence.

At the time buhari took over in 1985 right up to Babangida economic thinking - largely inspired by the world Bank and IMF was that a country must devalue its currency, cut costs and remove subsidies in order to kill off inefficient industries and replace them with viable ones. This was the thinking that destroyed Nigerias nascent industrial base - call it SAP.

Economic thinking has changed a lot since then. The thinking now is that demand must be stimulated through stimulus programs and investment in infrastructure. This is why you are saying debt increasing everywhere in the world. Nigerias debt to GDP ratio is just under 35% which is not flashing red lights yet especially now that human capital remittances has replaced commodities as the biggest inflow of fx - the boogie man of clean energy is being addressed albeit by chance.

So you are right, we lost a chance in 1985 but this must be placed against the prevailing economic theory of the time. At the same time, we now need to go full steam in the opposite direction to kick-start opportunity and demand.

You are also right not to trust the government to manage the process correctly. Where you are wrong is in suggesting that what happened in 1985 must have a corellation with 2021 strategy. The world has moved and so must we.
E.
E

Highly Exceptional. Can I be your friend sir? will love to learn about a lot.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by jacoik(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
Scream:
Which century will they complete the project ?

lolxxxxx hahahaha I remember vividly that this road construction kicked off on 27 /8/2007 till this very moment our government is still using it for campaign

2 Likes

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by seguno2: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Jakande's Metro Line was underground train system. This is totally different.

PDP seized the money for this project that lagos secured from World Bank for many years. It was only released when Buhari came into office in 2015.

Was Buhari the president in 2014
Why do you tell lies so much? Are you related to Alhaji Lie Mohammed by chance?
dreamboytobi:
www.finabiz..com/2014/09/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank.html

Sep 11, 2014

The Lagos State Government yesterday justified the N160 billion it borrowed from the World Bank, noting that the fund was channelled to finance its light rail (blue line) project.
However, the state government expressed disappointment at the progress of the project, which it said, was not executed as smoothly as possible, but was optimistic of its completion.
The state Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said this shortly after inspecting the light rail terminus at the Orile-Iganmu part of the state alongside some members of the state executive council.

Speaking with journalists, Fashola said the project would have been completed in another 12 months despite that the project execution was not as smooth and speedy as he wanted it.
The governor raised questions on the
intention of the federal government for publishing the state debt profile in the recent time, wondering what could have informed the decision to make it public.

He said: “I think it was the Debt Management Office of the federal government that published the report that we have a debt of about N160billion. I do not know the intent of the publication.
“But if it was to inform the public, I think we have always kept the public informed anytime we borrow money. If there are other intentions behind that, only those who make the publication would know what the intentions are.

“But you see, when people talk about debt of a state like Lagos, they forget that after Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt and one other country, we have the fifth largest economy in Africa.
“When you are talking of about a billion naira debt to a population of over 21 million people; because if you are measuring the debt, you also have to measure the responsibility. Those are the things people keep in isolation.”

He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”
He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.
“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

“Our rating as a state is the same as that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, BB minus-stable with a positive outlook. We are the only state in Nigeria that has that rating. The first bond that was taken during my first tenure has been paid; the first tranche has been paid.
“I think the second tranche will be settled around 2016 or 2017. We are already making provisions. The provisions that will be there will be in excess of what is needed,” the governor said
Fashola expressed satisfaction on the progress of the light rail project, though decried the petty delay that was encountered as a result funding, saying the project would have should have been completed in another 12 months.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2021
Odua nation,we move !
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by harley88(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
post=98406125:

Shamelessness!
Something the criminals y'all support couldn't do for 16 years.
Y'all should hide your heads somewhere.....(trying to be polite) tongue

Nothing to counter our post with, just their chidish insults.
This is what all the criminals you support for 16 wasted years couldn't do, they rather looted them money amongst themselves.
But all you can type is 'go and sit down jare'.
Wailers usual tantrums, no sensible thing to counter with.
Gone are the days when you have mature political discussions on Nairaland, now politics section have been overtaken by kids, uncultured kids.

What a Shame....a COLOSSAL shame!
PDP: Shameless party of looters and supporters.
You should bury your head where no one will see you tongue

You no get kobo head, the smoke grill don confuse you finish. Is lagos metro line a FG project or state givt project?? Everything is political to you, still wondering how much you sold your soul for though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by BreconHills(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
mikmash:

Highly Exceptional. Can I be your friend sir? will love to learn about a lot.

Hahaha why not?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by seguno2: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
post=98406125:

Shamelessness!
Something the criminals y'all support couldn't do for 16 years.
Y'all should hide your heads somewhere.....(trying to be polite) tongue

PDP: Shameless party of looters and supporters.
You should bury your head where no one will see you tongue

Did someone steal your drugs or a bolt is loose somewhere?
Who built the Abuja-Kaduna railways? And the Abuja light rail? And revived the old railways with new engines and coaches for passengers and freight? And contracted the Lagos-Ibadan railways?

Who did all that?
What else do you grill apart from Fulani cows? Stop staying close to your grill. It fries the brain also.

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Farki: 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
Project has remained the same since 2017 sadly, I had high hopes for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2021
Scream:
Which century will they complete the project ?

most important thing is that the complete it.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by seguno2: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
JaffyJoe:

Bros please don't try to spin things unnecessarily.

"The initial Metroline project was scrapped in 1985 by Muhammadu Buhari at a loss of over $78 million to the Lagos tax payers. ... LAMATA initially concentrated on developing a Bus Rapid Transit system, running from Mile 12 to Lagos Island."

Imagine having to pay contractors off more than 30% of estimated project cost just because you said Nigeria was cash strapped. Mind you, the Naira was more valuable than the USD at this time.

Additionally, if you say Nigeria was broke, then how is it sensible now that we are borrowing from left to right to funds projects like Rail line to Niger with no economic benefits? Are we doing wonderfully well now? Has the Naira no been on the downward slope for a couple of years now? So where is that prudence you're trying to make me see?

If Jonathan was called clueless, please what should we call Buhari for cancelling the metro in 1984? What should we call Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo-Olu for doing this endless light rail of billions of dollars with the country owing so much and still borrowing?
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Yebedervru: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
vioment:

Correct moves.

Dem use style get some vision for this Mata.

Thanks for the info.
You’re welcome

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by CaptainFM1: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2021

Because at the time Nigeria won't have been able to afford it.

When the project was originally conceived we had cash from the oil boom of 1973 to 1982.

In 1982 oil prices crashed

When Bubu took over he cancelled the project. Money was tight.

Infact money was tight from 1982 to 91 when we had a brief oil boom and again from 1991 to 2003 when oil price remained low till it went up again

The current project started around 2007 when oil prices were on an upward trend.And this time it is being executed by Lagos state , not the federal government

But why is money always tight in his time? Or am I the only one that notice this? Even as we speak, he has driven us into two recessions in the space of 3years. Why always him?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by seguno2: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
CaptainFM1:
But why is money always tight in his time? Or am I the only one that notice this? Even as we speak, he has driven us into two recessions in the space of 3years. Why always him?

Because he is a bosom friend of the greatest thief of all time, Abacha.
Esprit de loot comrade tinz embarassed
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by jacoik(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Ogbeni, no be Okokomaiko wey I go which day

Nothing don happen there abeg.

Hold ups, and high cost of transportation as a result of the bad road (coupled with nfuel increase).

From Mile 2 to Okokomaiko is N1,000 bike (if you de in a hurry)

That project has been on from the time of Fashola.

, Lagos has never been a PDP State, so stop blabbing.
that mannabb is just a stupid thing I swear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by just2endowed: 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
onuman:

Lol. Jakande said his greatest regret in Nigeria’s political process is cancellation of the Lagos Metro underground rail system by Gen Buhari.

Lagos Metro Rail should have been functioning since the mid 1980s.

Kwontinue.

Sadly Nigerians don't read history. 2015, they were yelling at me to vote for that thing.

Buhari was citing corruption as the reason he canceled the project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Franktom247(m): 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
As far as it is not yet complete we are not interested

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Dollanaira: 10:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by brandsoncharlie: 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
More of a CGI pictures.
Nairaland sha they will believe anything you tell them.

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Scream(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2021
Chii59:

Is tax a function of age?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Scream(m): 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
eduj:

most important thing is that the complete it.

Yeah... is that how you reason?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
@topic
We are getting closer and closer to the launch of these trains.

Chii59:

Scream:

Is tax a function of age?
Chai cheesy,
Boy Chii59 the troll right now......
Ileya.... tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Ellasure: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
Lagos Rail project to be commissioned on the first day of Tinubu presidency. Mark my words.
So, vote for him to realise this project.. immediately we give you Nigeria Rail system to be completed under four years of Tinubu presidency.
Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by helinues: 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
310ten:
[s][/s]

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
OAMJ4

Rule 1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video by Powersurge: 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
I have learnt never to give any Nigerian project accolades until it is completed. Lagos Metro that should have been completed since 1980, over 40 years later, we are still here.

Tge world is jostling for hyperloop, we are jet to have a functional locomotive.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown / Man Dragged Off Flight For Saying Tinubu Won't Be President: Ibom Airlines react

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.