Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,360 members, 7,957,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:01 AM

What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion (921 Views)

What A Northern Friend Told Me / Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers / See The Birthday Cake Presented To Emir Sanusi By His Yoruba Friend(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by tyup(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2021
The Real story is, Afonja the Generalismo of Yoruba Army was betrayed by a Fulani man called Alimi. Ilorin Afonja now called Ilorin GeriAlimi, an Emir in Ilorin instead of Oba. Note; Alimi came to Ilorin from Sokoto as an Herdsman Fulanization agenda still continues till today, if Yoruba people don't braze up we might be having Emirs installed in all Yoruba kingdoms. Violence doesn't solve everything, but sometimes action speaks rather than voice. It's time to take action rather than start preaching "one Nigeria". Nigeria was and will never be one, there are over 400 dialects with several tribes in Nigeria each with their own ideology. Fulani under the canopy of Miyetti Allah has committed so many attrocities, yet none of them has been ever brought to book, but anytime a tribe responds to the attack FG responds with strong actions.

And there's a Yoruba adage that says "Esinsin je egbo, ko si eni to soro, elegbo je esinsin ariwo gba ode" (housefly bites the wound no one gives a damn, the wound bearer starts to eat housefly it caught people's attention).

The day they came from Sokoto they beheaded one of the Yoruba soldiers in the General's presence as a sign of weakness on his soldiers But he was warned not to disband them in his dream by his dead father, he didn't listen. You know Fulani's impregnate people indiscriminately, so they were many as at the time they rebelled They start impregnating girls right from 12years or so It was a trick to increase their popularion
Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by VirginFinder: 11:41am On Jan 25, 2021
Stop taking panadol for another's headache. We are on top of the situation.

Face the Fulanis in the yeast first. The situation there is worse.
Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by Sammy07: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2021
tyup:
The Real story is, Afonja the Generalismo of Yoruba Army was betrayed by a Fulani man called Alimi. Ilorin Afonja now called Ilorin GeriAlimi, an Emir in Ilorin instead of Oba. Note; Alimi came to Ilorin from Sokoto as an Herdsman Fulanization agenda still continues till today, if Yoruba people don't braze up we might be having Emirs installed in all Yoruba kingdoms. Violence doesn't solve everything, but sometimes action speaks rather than voice. It's time to take action rather than start preaching "one Nigeria". Nigeria was and will never be one, there are over 400 dialects with several tribes in Nigeria each with their own ideology. Fulani under the canopy of Miyetti Allah has committed so many attrocities, yet none of them has been ever brought to book, but anytime a tribe responds to the attack FG responds with strong actions.

And there's a Yoruba adage that says "Esinsin je egbo, ko si eni to soro, elegbo je esinsin ariwo gba ode" (housefly bites the wound no one gives a damn, the wound bearer starts to eat housefly it caught people's attention).

The day they came from Sokoto they beheaded one of the Yoruba soldiers in the General's presence as a sign of weakness on his soldiers But he was warned not to disband them in his dream by his dead father, he didn't listen. You know Fulani's impregnate people indiscriminately, so they were many as at the time they rebelled They start impregnating girls right from 12years or so It was a trick to increase their popularion

There was never a time, Ilorin was called "Ilorin Geri alimi"

Its called Ilorin Afonja till date.

Well, it doesn't concerns you about what we do with Ilorin.
We can decided to leave it as an emir as a sign and remembrance of who the Fulanis are

3 Likes

Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by illicit(m): 11:43am On Jan 25, 2021
I am coming....

First of all, Alimi was not an herdsman, He was an Arabic scholar

Afonja allowed him to settle in Ilorin....

Afonja had issues with his king, the Alaafin and Alimi was his (Afonja) counsellor

Alimi actually bore a jihad flag from Sokoto unknown to Afonja.... So Alimi had a grand plan from day one

An Army was raised in Ilorin to fight the Oyo armies, Alimi and his Hausa fulani soldiers were instrumental to the defeat of the Oyo Army....

Ilorin gained independence from Oyo that way but they had no King.... Afonja was never a king, he was a field Marshal quite right....

Alimi was actually an imam, not an emir, he was never an emir.... it was after Afonja was betrayed and killed that Alimis son began to lead his janma and styled himself king/emir.... they were actually imams....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by BigSarah(f): 11:44am On Jan 25, 2021
Yawns, too much talk
Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by Draslo(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
VirginFinder:
Stop taking panadol for another's headache. We are on top of the situation.

Face the Fulanis in the yeast first. The situation there is worse.
What are you saying? It is worse here in the SW mostly because we share something in common and that is religion. For this reason alone, they are more comfortable and even feel more entitled here than the SE or SS

2 Likes

Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by VirginFinder: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
Draslo:

What are you saying? It is worse here in the SW mostly because we share something in common and that is religion. For this reason alone, they are more comfortable and even feel more entitled here than the SE or SS

You don't know what you are saying. The current situation in the SW which is alien to us is normal in the SE and SS.

In some part of the SS, indigenes pay Fulanis before they are allowed to enter their farms.

1 Like

Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by Draslo(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2021
VirginFinder:

You don't know what you are saying. The current situation in the SW which is alien to us is normal in the SE and SS.

In some part of the SS, indigenes pay Fulanis before they are allowed to enter their farms.
You know Jackshit!

What is alien to us ke? Are you aware that the Yoruba Muslim is as a result of Fulani nomadic conquests?
Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by VirginFinder: 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
Draslo:

You know Jackshit!

What is alien to us ke? Are you aware that the Yoruba Muslim is as a result of Fulani nomadic conquests?

Wow

Even a fool is assumed to be wise if he kept quiet.

1 Like

Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by tyup(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
illicit:
I am coming....

First of all, Alimi was not an herdsman, He was an Arabic scholar

Afonja allowed him to settle in Ilorin....

Afonja had issues with his king, the Alaafin and Alimi was his (Afonja) counsellor

Alimi actually bore a jihad flag from Sokoto unknown to Afonja.... So Alimi had a grand plan from day one

An Army was raised in Ilorin to fight the Oyo armies, Alimi and his Hausa fulani soldiers were instrumental to the defeat of the Oyo Army....

Ilorin gained independence from Oyo that way but they had no King.... Afonja was never a king, he was a field Marshal quite right....

Alimi was actually an imam, not an emir, he was never an emir.... it was after Afonja was betrayed and killed that Alimis son began to lead his janma and styled himself king/emir.... they were actually imams....

Thanks for the englightment.....twas worth the read hopefully such mistake wouldn't be repeated again

1 Like

Re: What My Yoruba Friend Told Me bout Ilorin invasion by forgiveness: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
Draslo:

You know Jackshit!

Who told you that? There had been a Muslim population in Yorubaland long before Fula ever surfaced. This was through trade with Mali during the Mali empire. Yoruba call Islam Esin Emale. Meaning Mali's religion. Stop saying what you don't know.

Besides, there were never Fulanis conquest in Yorubaland. Ilorin then was just a war camp to stop invaders from Oyo Empire and it was not taken by conquest.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

An Article By Biodun Omole About Igbos And Yorubas In Nigeria / Are Black Men The Weakest Group Of Men In The World ?? / What Will Be The Fate Of The Southwest And South South If Biafra Eventually Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.