Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta (47110 Views)

Gunmen Kill Soldier’s Wife, Mother-in-law During Omugo, Dump Newborn In Hospital / Gunmen Kill Soldier In Benin, Steal Bags Of Money / Rapist Dozed Off After Forced Sex In Sapele, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by joinpreneur(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
Heavily-armed gunmen late Sunday reportedly invaded an army checkpoint at Otonyasere community in Sapele Local Government Area of Delta State, allegedly killing a soldier and a policeman.

Reports say the assailants emerged from Otonyasere River in a speed boat and opened fire on the army officers who were manning the entrance of the community, near the river.

It was not clear what the assailants were after, but sources disclosed that they were on a kidnap mission, but needed to disarm the army at the checkpoint before they could execute their mission.

The checkpoint said to be manned by only two soldiers at the time, the sources said, was the only entry and exit point in the community through the river.

It was gathered that some security operatives attached to a hotel in the community, who got a distress call and rushed to the scene, forced the gunmen to beat a retreat through the riverside.

The ensuing crossfire between the two parties, it was further gathered, led to the killing of the policeman.

The development has, however, generated tension in the area as hordes of military personnel from 19 Battalion, Nigerian Army, Koko, have been reportedly deployed to the lumbering town to halt further criminality.

A security source not authorised to speak on the matter, however, confirmed the death of a soldier but gave no details.

It will be recalled that attacks on soldiers manning riverine waterways have been frequent in recent times across the state.

Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Delta Police Command, Onome Onovwakpoyeya, confirmed the killing of a soldier and a policeman on Monday, adding that investigations were ongoing to arrest the assailants.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/just-in-tension-as-gunmen-kill-soldier-policeman-in-sapele/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Never4getU: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
Crab! No pcitorial evidence

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Irijosa777(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
e don red oo

22 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2021
Its very unfortunate that whenever there is an ensuing crossfire between criminals and the police, the police suffer more casualties. Does it mean that the criminals are more trained in the use of firearm and defence than the police or a case of more sophisticated firearms

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by cpu2006(m): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
Rate of insecurity in this country is getting high on a daily basis. cry cry cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Olatunji1929: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2021
wetin concern me them too dey kill and flog innocent civilian if soldier has ever harassed you,you will never pity them if they get killed I no get any r.I p for any mofo next news

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by RedRay(f): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
Buhari please resign. Your political ambition is not more important than the lives of Nigerians.

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Fahdiga(m): 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
Buhari has really destroyed Nigeria beyond redemption

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by 4ckyou: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
Nigeria on fire
Deaths everywhere
We are already at war
Just that we don't know it yet
If you have the chance, leave nigeria
Things are about to get worse.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Icyexpressions: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2021
There's fire on the mountain and our leaders seems.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by chiemmanuel(m): 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
Nigeria is fast becoming Syria

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by ena5four(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omah Lay Said: Anything You Sell Is A Market O (title: Godly)
And Market Transactions Involves Exchanging Of Goods And Monetary Value
What i'm practically saying with the above line is that:
if u sabi shoot innocent citizens at lekki toll gate on 20/10/2020 then be ready, those bloods you shed go dey use una head dey count scores 1 by 1,
if u sabi shoot innocent citizens because them no gree make u extort them, no worry, nah score-counts era una dey,
wetin kukuma concern me, abeg nah SUNDAY ARE news i wan see jhare.

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
embarassed embarassed This is what happens when you don't allow the dead to rest in peace, when Yar'adua died they tried to hide it from people in a bid to clone him but were caught, it seems the masses ran out of luck this time around.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by tutudesz: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
Can't we just stay one hour without hearing of gunmen's killing Are we saying there are more animals living in Nigeria than human undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by faramade16062: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
Buhari please resign. Your political ambition is not more important than the lives of Nigerians.

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:55pm On Jan 25, 2021
Good one!

I won't waste a RIP on them
Evil people. Na to oppress civilians dem sabi

If you know say you be idiot, quote me to say rubbish!

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by PCG1: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
Iɨ'ʍ tɦɛ ɦaքքɨɛst քɛʀsօռ օռ ɛaʀtɦ ʀɨɢɦt ռօա
saʏ ռօ tօ 50..#50&#100 ʀօɢɛʀs tɦɛʏ աօռt ʟɨstɛռ
tɦɛ tʀʊtɦ ɨs tɦat tɦօsɛ sօʟɖɨɛʀs aʀɛ ɖɨstʊʀɮɨռɢ ʍօtօʀɨst աɨtɦ 50. #50 ʀօɢɛʀs, sօ tɦɛʏ ɢaռɢ ʊք aռɖ ʄɨʀɛ ɮaċҡgrin

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by DisLifeSha: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Boys dey vex o. No rest in peace to type

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by owobokiri(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Buhari! You see your life..?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by carbony4red(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
They av started ooo
Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
I don't feel sympathy of any kind for any security operative in Nigeria. I don't know why. No sympathy

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by ena5four(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
E Good
Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by cosmatika(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
This is a good news.
Soldiers have been aiding herdsmen in SW, killing ESN and civilians in SE.
Nothing will make me more happy now than seeing the dead bodies of soldiers riddled with bullets from bandits or boko boys or unknown armed men.
Thunder fire them and their commander in chief

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Omofloflo: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Wrong time to join any Nigeria security... I can't die for this modafucker country

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by SenecaTheYonger: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omo, all these gun men just suddenly appearing. Now I understand what that guy called Nimrod was saying about things being put into play because of 2023 election. Omo, every Nigerian is just a walking target practice/pun for politicians.

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Sunnycliff(m): 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tomorrow these gunmen will be termed fulanis
Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Lanretoye(m): 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2021
before na boko haram,later bandits,now gunmen. no matter how u package am,evil na evil e go still be.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2021
faramade16062:

Yes, I agree, he should resign

But does PDP have the solution? Does APC have anybody else with the solution

Are you ready to vote out Buhari, APC, and PDP and try some new guys who mught have the ideas?

Nope. You want your side to win, just like the APC people you don't like.

And the same goes for the APC people...you Nigerians don't want improve dsecurity...just your side wins, and then we can chop money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2021
Criminality everywhere
Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Dpharisee: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
For killing civilians at Orlu, ESN will take revenge on their behalf y anywhere on the Fulani Army, the score must be balanced

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Soldier, Policeman In Sapele, Delta by Starcrest1: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
Nawa o, gunmen wahala everywhere. This country ain't safe.

This ain't brilliant.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Hides Late Brother’s Skeleton In Wardrobe For Two Years In Anambra / Policeman Drops His Rifle On The Ground To Gamble (Photo) / Robbers Drop Apology Note After Robbing A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.