Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto (31343 Views)

"Wike, Go Abuja": Protest Erupts In Rivers Over Impeachment Plot On Fubara / Gunshots As APC, PDP Clash In Rivers Over Inspection Of Electoral Materials / Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by liprises(m): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2021
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Princedapace(m): 7:04am On Jan 26, 2021
mzBEAM:
Southern politicians are selfish.

They are worse than anything u can think of.

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Reference(m): 7:06am On Jan 26, 2021
Exactly what probably he and a good number of Nigerians including myself accused Rotimi Amaechi of doing in the run up to the 2015 elections. The personalisation of government.

Where the people do not matter and government resources are at the pleasure of the Chief Executive.

Rivers people. That is where your taxes and hard earned liabilities to the state are going....without your permission of course but in your docility, with your consent certainly.

PS. I will add this.
The people have to realise that when power is given accountability must follow in an instant and a memo from the people stating without delay what they expect of government and the conduct of elected officials.

You simply donot give your servant money without instructions and expect accountability. No one does that. Your demeanour will send signals to your servant on what he can and cannot get away with. That is the way democracy works. It is a vehicle. It needs a driver. The people are the drivers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Sonnobax15(m): 7:06am On Jan 26, 2021
tnerro1:
Wike didn’t donate anything, he gave that money to them to hold for him wink
He dey play collector for their hand small small..
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by platido(m): 7:06am On Jan 26, 2021
If is say God punish Wike now. Some cripple will come after me
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by TrueChristians: 7:10am On Jan 26, 2021
I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by mamaafrik(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2021
The foolish Southerner Governor,i just wonder if the table can ever turn and the North do the same,all these people should be stoned
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by NwaliE01: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2021
You can never hear that northern Governor donate shi shi to the south but we being so stupid and foolish will gladly impovish our people with poverty and push the money to the North. Yet the Northerners CAN NEVER like you so as long as you remain a Christain.
Go and ask GEJ.
Our mumu never do?

4 Likes

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by NwaliE01: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2021
You can never hear that northern Governor donate shi shi to the south but we being so stupid and foolish will gladly impovish our people with poverty and push the money to the North. Yet the Northerners CAN NEVER like you so as long as you remain a Christain.
Go and ask GEJ and Rochas.
Our mumu never do?
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by odaniel1(m): 7:13am On Jan 26, 2021
N500 million is a lot to be 'benevolent' with. especially with corrupt leaders who will only see it as another opportunity to loot public funds and indirectly cause more economic hardship. it could have been used to cushion public project costs across the current administration's economic plan. But no, we must be thieves and greedy people! smh
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by mamaafrik(m): 7:15am On Jan 26, 2021
The money he could have partnered with a private public partnership and used in doing massive breeding of native cows and goat in other to cut off the Fulanis,idiot,i know they don't born any Sw Governor well to do this,i stand to be corrected
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by joseph1832(m): 7:17am On Jan 26, 2021
Well knowing Wike and his penchant for not doing anything without a motive, I'll say that money is meant for something else.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by brexit: 7:17am On Jan 26, 2021
This is sheer recklessness and foolishness, that's how our governors spend public funds without approval and authorisation

He is not behaving like a lawyer not knowing the implications of his negative actions

He needs to be cautioned severely to discourage others from doing same, it is not his personal money although we know he has more than that
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by etrouble: 7:18am On Jan 26, 2021
Useless Fulani ass licking bastard. Traitors like him, Kayode Fayemi and the likes die miserably just like their father Judas Iscariot
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Grace001: 7:20am On Jan 26, 2021
Act like this makes it justifiable when the north says south are gullible and ass lickers to them northerners

When you think southerner are having sense, their betrayer leaders will just on the contrary
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by crazycrypto710: 7:24am On Jan 26, 2021
Make una de here de fight amongst una selves while the rich politicians keep playing ball with no strings attached grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Cutehector(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2021
yinkus6750:
State governor's run their states as if it's a private personal investment.
Which executive council or house sat to approve such donations?
500m is no small money, it can be judiciously used within Rivers State.
Wike was just playing to the gallery.
His romance with Tambuwal will come to an end after 2023, when both finish their second term.
when they have all been bought with money..
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by barcaboi(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2021
Moferere:
I know it will come from The Nation newspaper.

The Federal Government under Buhari volunteered to rebuild the market, nobody talked.

What should ordinarily be the job of the local government is now being handled by the federal government.

Shame undecided
You said FG; they are the lords and have oversight duties and the power to do that. This doesn’t translate to Wike donating 500m. You’d leave the topic and be chasing shadows.

4 Likes

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by PHijo(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Wike my real niggarrrr......wike the wicked...

Such kind gesture is a welcome one....this is to promote national brother hood and unity.....hope to see my state edo also donate

All these pussy asss Apc moda fuckkers can go fuckkk themselves...
Apc don't know what is going to hit them in 2023

With my state's allocation? When pensioners have not been paid for over 6 years?

Are you okay?
You probably need psychiatric evaluation.

4 Likes

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2021
Like the stupid man wike cares the masses in rivers state are suffering instead of wike to create more jobs he didn't, he just wasted the money on those heartless terrorist
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by DenreleDave(m): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2021
platido:
If is say God punish Wike now. Some cripple will come after me

Igbos right??
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Goalnaldo(m): 7:31am On Jan 26, 2021
This is the proverbial saying of a man chasing rats while his house is on fire. Smh.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Goalnaldo(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2021
NwaliE01:
Go and ask GEJ.
Our mumu never do?
They are the original pioneers of the stingy men association. Original akagum grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by adeoba2008(m): 7:38am On Jan 26, 2021
Moferere:
I know it will come from The Nation newspaper.

The Federal Government under Buhari volunteered to rebuild the market, nobody talked.

What should ordinarily be the job of the local government is now being handled by the federal government.

Shame undecided
How does that concern Rivers State ?
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by BREYZ: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2021
Kingscee:
By Frank Ikpefan, Abuja

https://thenationonlineng.net/uproar-in-rivers-over-wikes-n500m-donation-to-sokoto/

WIKE NEVER PAY GRATUITY
WIKE NEVER PAY STUDENTS BURSARY
WIKE MADE A PROMISE IN 2016 TO FACULTY OF LAW RSU YET TILL TODAY HIM NEVER REDEEM AM
WIKE WAS HANDED A LIST OF ALL RIVERS STUDENTS IN LAW SCHOOL 2017/2018 FOR LAW SCHOOL GRANT, WIKE SQUEEZED IT AND THREW IT INTO THE TRASH CAN.
THERE ARE TRUNK B ROADS IN RIVERS STATE THAT REQUIRES WIKES ATTENTION YET WIKE TURNED A DEAF EAR AND A BLIND EYE
TO PAY SALARIES DEY HARD WIKE
TO PAY PENSION DEY HARD WIKE
YET WIKE DEY BUILD FLYOVERS UPANDAN IN RIVERS STATE.

SAME WIKE WENT TO RIVERS STATE TREASURY TO REMOVE 500 MILLION AND DASH SOKOTO STATE.

WIKE, CONTINUE, ITS YOUR TIME.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2021
Finebone... smiley

Lol
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by 8stargeneral: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2021
Useless wike...u must account for those public money u spend anyhw.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by hotseat: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2021
Trust any Nigerian politician at your own peril.

They don't do anything without it having a political undertone.

Forget about all these embellished talk of Sokoto being a "sister state"!

A typical Nigerian politician wouldn't dole out huge sums just because of empathy.

Fa fa fa fowl!

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by GreatrAnalyst: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2021
kambili999:
Still don't understand how Nigerian politicians think angry

You are donating money meant for public use

Why didn't he donate his personal money?

Nigerian politicians are just wicked.

Thank you for this. Welcome to a country where state money is treated like personal money. Accountability to the winds.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Nackzy: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2021
Hypocrites
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:56am On Jan 26, 2021
By 2023 we will know if what Gov Umahi said about gov Wike and the PDP is true or not......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe On 2023 Presidency: 'Igbo Candidate Can’t Be Trusted / Presidential Visit: Parked Trailers Disappear Again From Expressways In Lagos / UK To Grant Asylum To ‘persecuted’ IPOB, MASSOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.