Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto (31233 Views)

"Wike, Go Abuja": Protest Erupts In Rivers Over Impeachment Plot On Fubara / Gunshots As APC, PDP Clash In Rivers Over Inspection Of Electoral Materials / Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by GetMeRight: 7:57am On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Wike my real niggarrrr......wike the wicked...

Such kind gesture is a welcome one....this is to promote national brother hood and unity.....hope to see my state edo also donate

[s] All these pussy asss Apc moda fuckkers can go fuckkk themselves...
Apc don't know what is going to hit them in 2023 [/s]

Using the money of people of Rivers state to do father Christmas in far away Sokoto state is the highest form of madness. Do you know how many youth that 500 million naira can empower? I served in Rivers state and I knew the students were always absent from the schools for days doing menial jobs to raise all sorts of money being demanded by the schools' principals. In other words, a poverty ravaged state like Rivers state has no business donating 500 million naira to another state.

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by frankmoney(m): 7:57am On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Such kind gesture is a welcome one....this is to promote national brother hood and unity.....hope to see my state edo also donate

All these pussy asss Apc moda fuckkers can go fuckkk themselves...
Apc don't know what is going to hit them in 2023
there is something really wrong with you. Wike hasn't paid pensioners
He is not paying minimum wage
Even bursary he isn't paying
Law school student from Rivers State asked for grant to support them , he didn't do shit
Primary schools are in shambles
No new job since
Rivers State secretariat buys water from aboki because the water system in the building isn't functioning

And you are here talking rubbish, I can bet you don't live in Rivers State ...

3 Likes

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:58am On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

You are a real niggar

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 26, 2021
Wike doesnt have any legal right t use state funds the way he likes,this's proof of recklessnessin spending state funds
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by naijadrivablog: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2021
They are just waking up.

There was absolutely no need to give help to your oppressors.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by AMvanquish: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2021
chrisxxx:
The Donation Saga.
Amaechi in a bid to have unlimited access to Rivers State Fund hand twisted the Rivers State House of Assembly to pass a certain bill that empowered him to spend at will Rivers money. This was the source of the unlimited fund he used in 2015.
Wike inherited this law and has no plan of repealling it.
APC Rivers State is aware of this and that is why they have made no serious comment about Wikes spending.
The Deal
Tambuwal is a trusted ally of Wike. The #500m given to him is for share between them.
Sokoto State House of Assembly will not probe the money since it is not theirs but a gift.
Wike will not be probed since he has a legislative backing to spend Rivers fund at will.
Meanwhile, there was a time when Mile One Market in Port Harcourt got burnt. I could remember Muazu then governor donating #250m for its rebuilding.
Wike might be reciprocating that.

We are always quick to forget.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by MightySparrow: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2021
Why na, let us teach the northern people love. They have chosen the path of killings and tribalism, let woke lighten the up biko.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by wislika2020: 8:22am On Jan 26, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

What is it that really propelled Wike to pay homage to Sokoto?

That's one question that should hit the mind of every sensible Nigerian at this point in time...

Abi any market never burn recently for Rivers State wey need help?

These southern governors keep giving us enough reasons to comfortably call them Zombies without any remorse...

When mile one market got burnt sometime ago , a northern governor Muazu also donated 250million naira to build the market.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by pyrex23(m): 8:24am On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

All these pussy asss apc moda fuckkers can go fuckkk themselves...

If truly you're supporting apc/PDP come 2023 then you're just as dumb
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by gbishman: 8:28am On Jan 26, 2021
Wike acts like a dictator. I would like ask does the governor of a state have blank cheque which he issues huge somes of money? I was thinking that before any penny is spent of the state's money it must have been appropriated for in the budget.
Well I really dont think rivers state has an house of assembly or a Judiciary. What they have are rubber stamps.

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Godbless3(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2021
kambili999:
Still don't understand how Nigerian politicians think angry

You are donating money meant for public use

Why didn't he donate his personal money?

Nigerian politicians are just wicked.

They are brainless and funny enough, they still owe pension.
That is how Akpabio was busying donating state funds in a wedding, birthday, market, whenever he is traveling without building a single industry in the state. Now those that benefitted from these awoof money use it awoofly.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by IMASTEX: 8:42am On Jan 26, 2021
kambili999:
Still don't understand how Nigerian politicians think angry

You are donating money meant for public use

Why didn't he donate his personal money?

Nigerian politicians are just wicked.
They know what they are doing, the intent is to create a wider space for stealing. He might end up doing actual donation of #100m & pocket the rest.

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by amakadlite(f): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2021
Charity they say begins at home. pay old pensioners their money, victims of flood in ahuda and other communities are struggling to survive. roads at afam, etche and several places in river state are death traps and you are busy with political donations
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by stgift: 8:44am On Jan 26, 2021
So he can generously give sokoto state a whopping 500million, that is half a billion naira. A state that has a governor and still recieves money from the federal government but yet Gov. Wike can't pay gratuity and pension arrears to retires in his state that retired since 2014 till date. It's just stupidity. Our leaders are stupid and foolish.

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by iamdynamite(m): 8:48am On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

if this was done by an APC governor, what will you say?
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by stgift: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2021
MightySparrow:
Why na, let us teach the northern people love. They have chosen the path of killings and tribalism, let woke lighten the up biko.

I think you have no brains. So it's people like you that will watch your family starve to death and watch your children owing school fees instead to help them you will prefair dashing out money to strangers. Such foolishness. Gov. Wike has not paid pensioners there gratuity and pension arrears since 2014 till date, pensioneers has been protesting and crying up and down, many has even died some are in the hospital and can't pay bills Cus of there medical condition and Wike could blind his eyes and mind and prefer to give a northern state a whopping amount of 500million which is half a billion to a state that receives allocations like him. It's just a shame.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Franking: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2021
Wike must be out of his mind. Bribing the north to support his ambition when the poverty level in Rivers is overwhelming. This is stupidity.

So, Wike is just all air and no action.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by deeva2: 9:10am On Jan 26, 2021
all na permutation and 2023 presidency
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Goldenel: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2021
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by sameks08(m): 9:31am On Jan 26, 2021
Fulani ass licker let see where it will end Onye ara
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Awoo88: 9:32am On Jan 26, 2021
The stupid governor did not donate any shi shi to any Sokoto state. That news is for the books someone in Sokoto i9s helping Wike to hide money.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by phantom(m): 9:37am On Jan 26, 2021
We warned. They didn't listen.
Tiger no dey born goat. We remember his stint as local govt chairman of obio akpor under Peter Odili and saw first hand the toutish, criminal nature of this idiot called Wike. He introduced multiple taxation by area boys under the guise of a task force. Taskforce made up of failures,riff raffs,thieves, cultists and armed robbers. He stole the place blind!

For this reason and considering his antecedents, we advised he shouldn't be elected.
It was for this same reason Amaechi didn't want him as governor so Amaechi referred him for a ministerial post in Abuja just to be rid of him because he was so high handed as Amaechis chief of staff. He could stop amaechis convoy just for amaechi to sign documents. It was that bad.

Of course he didn't like the idea of a ministerial position and was unhappy with Amaechi for recommending him to Abuja when Amaechi knew fully well that he wanted to takeover as governor from Amaechi.

Wike is a beast! And I use that word freely. No apologies because he is actually a wicked beast!
Go and ask some top ikwerre men who know him and his family.

People like wike should not be within a thousand kilometers of an SS3 class monitor position.I mean it. I personally know a classmate of his in the law dept of Rivers state university who was shocked to her bones to see him elected governor.

She said that in school back then, he was one of the unintelligent, unserious students hanging out with cultists and people who cheat in exams. He was the worst of the worst according to her. So seeing him elected made her weep cos she knew Rivers state had entered serious one chance!

And this is the riff raff people are comparing to Amaechi. Seriously, are you kidding me?

Rivers people, NTOR!!!!!
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 26, 2021
Moferere:
I know it will come from The Nation newspaper.

The Federal Government under Buhari volunteered to rebuild the market, nobody talked.

What should ordinarily be the job of the local government is now being handled by the federal government.

Shame undecided

That is a good news to the Anambra State government. Whenever such incident happens in Nigeria, Federal government can be called upon to rebuild the market for them. In Yoruba land, there is an old adage which means the rebuilt market is always bigger and more modern than the old burnt market. The North is just using opportunities to use Nigeria resources to develop her region.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by igeoff: 11:12am On Jan 26, 2021
There's flooding problem in Rivers State e.g. in Rukpokwu, Eneka etc and when residents of these areas approach the government for assistance, Wike never responds to their plea for help. People that live in these flood prone areas have to evacuate from their houses during the flooding period. Property are destroyed as well during the flood.The flooding in Rukpokwu has been assessed by engineers and will cost less than 30 million naira to prevent from happening.
Letters have been written to the government and Wike is aware of this but has refused to help Rivers people but prefers to help people in Sokoto. I wonder what kind of governor is this? It's a pathetic situation. Charity should begin at home.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 11:26am On Jan 26, 2021
This news is a week old, Nairaland is now becoming lazy. We're lacking current news.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by ogbonti: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2021
Yukov:
How to spend the state revenue doesn't only depends on the governor but all the people in his state. You can't just go haywire with state funds. Wike didn't do well this time around.

WIKE is spending crazy because he has stolen billions and he wants every powerful Nigerian who can influence his prosecution after leaving office to eat from the loot while he is still governor - so that when EFCC arrest him on May 30, 2023 he can have some powerful elements come to his aid - He seems not to have learnt from how Goodluck was abandoned by the high and mighty people he gave to while in Office as non came close to him after he left office - and he hasn’t learnt too from Dasuki and Olisa Metuh

Hmmm Wike I pity you, just be ready to go to jail - you have milked Rivers State so badly and you will pay with doing time, these reckless gifts to the Rivers State judiciary of SUV’s and donations to Sokoto and everywhere dem no send you won’t save you. WIKE is James IBORI 2.0

1 Like

Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by ShootThemAll(m): 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
The 500million naira is part of the 2023 election money.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by muykem: 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wike is mad simple. Bad roads everywhere in rivers states, only Port Harcourt is developed in whole rivers state.
Re: Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto by IAMPEDRO: 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
Inasmuch as I like this man but, this is fully politically motivated, Mr Wike hope this is not because your political ambition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DJ Switch: We Can't Allow Operations To Begin At Lekki Tollgate Without Justice / Anambra Election: Andy Uba Told To Apologize To Primate Ayodele After Defeat / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.