Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

BREAKING: President Buhari Finally Sacks Buratai, Other Service Chiefs, Appoints - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: President Buhari Finally Sacks Buratai, Other Service Chiefs, Appoints (303 Views)

Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA / Buratai, Other Ex-Service Chiefs In Senate For Ambassadorial Screening / Why Buhari Sacked Buratai, Other Service Chiefs - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Finally Sacks Buratai, Other Service Chiefs, Appoints by Fastnewsnigeria: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria, President Buhari has finally sacked the service chiefs with immediate effect.

Femi Adesina, Special Adviser On Media and Publicity to President Buhari made this known in a tweet on Tuesday.

Femi Adesina wrote, “PMB appoints new Service Chiefs. Maj Gen LEO Irabor, CDS, Maj Gen I Attahiru, Army, Rear Adm AZ Gambo, Navy, AVM IO Alao, Air Force.

“He congratulates outgoing Service Chiefs on efforts to bring enduring peace to the country.”

Those affected are Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas; and
– Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

The new Service Chiefs are: Major-General Leo Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff; and Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao, Chief of Air Staff.

Buhari urged the new Service Chiefs to “be loyal and dedicated in the discharge of their responsibilities”.
Source: https://fastnewsng.com/president-buhari-sacks-buratai-attahiru-irabor/

Re: BREAKING: President Buhari Finally Sacks Buratai, Other Service Chiefs, Appoints by Nigeriadondie1: 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
undecided Why is the North always the Chief of Army Staff when we have a Northern head of state? It tells you that he who controls the army has power.

Secondly, I expect he should be a Lieutenant or be promoted to the rank soon.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Knows How To Tame A Dangerous Predator. / A Plea To A Kind Hearted Individual / Makinde Holds Overnight Consultative Meeting In Ibarapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.