Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria (3449 Views)

Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House / Burnt Police Post In Oregun, Lagos After Mob Attack (Video) / Buhari To Sack Top Security Aides Over Threat To His Cabal - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Rugaria: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2021
Badorey6:

Is that also why there is only ONE Yoruba Chief of Army staff since 1966?

Did we die?

I told you to stop wailing and disturbing sane minds online!!
That you lack ambitions shouldn't be my headache! It's the same way you handed the country over to some wild cultures and today you are forming Amotekun to guard against your creations!
Even at that,
How many Yoruba C-in-Cs since 1966?
How many Yoruba GOCs?
And why should the north dominate perenially?
Is the military, customs and police some properties of some sections of the country?
If you're culturally prepared for subservience to your desert gods, some other people are not! So instead of fouling the air with your convoluted logic, you should rather scurry back to which ever hole you wriggled out from when any other group feel the need to demand for equality..

1 Like

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Commotfornigeri: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
RuddyFusion:
New security chiefs yet no one single of them is Igbo no one and you wonder

Why won't they have IPOB?

Why won't they support ESN?

Why won't they keep agitating for Biafra?

All the so called none entitilized Igbo leaders like Kalu and umahi are all over the place fighting for their pockets...they can't influence anything meaningful for the SE.....

No single meaningful project for the SE

...One Nigeria indeed

Dey your lane.

We are not interested in becoming security chiefs or igbo presidency.

We want our own country.

1 Like

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Badorey6: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
Rugaria:

[s]That you lack ambitions shouldn't be my headache! It's the same way you handed the country over to some wild cultures and today you are forming Amotekun to guard against your creations!
Even at that,
How many Yoruba C-in-Cs since 1966?
How many Yoruba GOCs?
And why should the north dominate perenially?
Is the military, customs and police some properties of some sections of the country?
If you're culturally prepared for subservience to your desert gods, some other people are not! So instead of fouling the air with your convoluted logic, you should rather scurry back to which ever hole you wriggled out from when any other group feel the need to demand for equality.[/s].

Then that means the Igbo lack ambition too which explained why they are not picked for those position in their entirety and the reason why the OP is wailing and crying all over the media that they are not given the post.

Stop disturbing online with your wailing. We don’t give a bleep about 5%ers.

7 Likes

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by flokii: 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
Igbos don't need anything in Nigeria, as you can see they are not complaining..

They already have Ipob supreme leader, ESN commander and the likes so they are okay.

1 Like

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by cheruv: 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Badorey6:
Below is the list of the Chief of Army staffs since 1999:

— Lieutenant general Victor Malu (1999-2001)

— Lieutenant general Alexander Ogomudia (2001-2003)

— Lieutenant general Martin Luther Agwai (2003-2006)

— Lieutenant general Owoye Andrew Azazi (2006 - 2007)

— Lieutenant general Luka Yusuf (2007-2008)

— Lieutenant general Bello Dambazau (2008-2010)

— Lieutenant general Azubuike Ihejirika (2010-2014)

— Lieutenant general Kenneth Minimah (2014-2015)

— Lieutenant general Tukur Yusuf Buratai (2015-2021)

— Major general Attahiru Ibrahim (2021-Present)

There is no Yoruba on the list at any time. Did we die?

You guys just like wailing for hobby!!
Mischief is your surname... Why not start from Gowon who was the first chief of army staff?
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by IDENNAA(m): 6:19am On Jan 27, 2021
EdoDefence:

Lol I will tell you when you tell me the meaning of Irabor and as for those other names we are aware and Ezikeoba land will be coming home soon lol. You lots are still learning cheesy Land-grabber

I think we have different views on this. Irabor should be out of the norm in Ika because they are overwhelmingly Igbotic. Same applies to the Omozele and Obaze who are also settlers in Anambra.
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Gbagura: 6:56am On Jan 27, 2021
You said buhari is a terrosirt and you still want serious appointments from him? Where did you drop your brains?

4 Likes

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 7:46am On Jan 27, 2021
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by EdoDefence: 9:58am On Jan 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

I think we have different views on this. Irabor should be out of the norm in Ika because they are overwhelmingly Igbotic. Same applies to the Omozele and Obaze who are also settlers in Anambra.

So what are you implying?
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by IDENNAA(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
EdoDefence:

So what are you implying?

Do you actually believe Ika is Edoid ?
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by EdoDefence: 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

Do you actually believe Ika is Edoid ?

I believe it, but at the same time I believe in people making their choices and not others making it for them.

I will never force Ẹdo on any Ẹdo tribe
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
Rugaria:

And because those are elective positions, that's why there has been only ONE igbo Army Chief since 1966!? Oyah, go ahead and defend the indefensible as usual....
What of those appointed by GEJ and nobody accused him of lopsided appointments.

Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu.

2 Likes

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2021
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2021
Commotfornigeri:

Dey your lane.

We are not interested in becoming security chiefs or igbo presidency.

We want our own country.
that's your lane ..stay there
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by pointblank247(m): 7:20am On Feb 11, 2021
Disi kwantili don finish ooooooo walahi
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by President99: 7:31am On Feb 11, 2021
RuddyFusion:

All the so called none entitilized Igbo leaders like Kalu and umahi are all over the place fighting for their pockets...they can't influence anything meaningful for the SE.....

...One Nigeria indeed
Ode! Must every tribe be appointed as service chiefs? They are just 4 service chiefs and we have more than 10 major languages in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2021
Badorey6:
Below is the list of the Chief of Army staffs since 1999:

— Lieutenant general Victor Malu (1999-2001)

— Lieutenant general Alexander Ogomudia (2001-2003)

— Lieutenant general Martin Luther Agwai (2003-2006)

— Lieutenant general Owoye Andrew Azazi (2006 - 2007)

— Lieutenant general Luka Yusuf (2007-2008)

— Lieutenant general Bello Dambazau (2008-2010)

— Lieutenant general Azubuike Ihejirika (2010-2014)

— Lieutenant general Kenneth Minimah (2014-2015)

— Lieutenant general Tukur Yusuf Buratai (2015-2021)

— Major general Attahiru Ibrahim (2021-Present)

There is no Yoruba on the list at any time. Did we die?

You guys just like wailing for hobby!!

How would you die when you guys were service chiefs of other arms of the military?

The issue here is Buhari not appointing any Igbo service chief in his 8 year tenure
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:41am On Feb 11, 2021
IDENNAA:

Ika has an Edoid minority and Irabor comes from the Edo minority

1 Like

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
gidgiddy:

Ika has an Edoid minority and Irabor comes from the Edo minority
the bottom line is he's not Igbo by Igbo I mean he's not from the five core eastern states
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Heffalump(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
OP, are you seriously?

But a fanatical fulani man is worthy to occupy the top echelon of military institution in Nigeria? Even with the open empathy and biasness they display towards BH and bandits causing mayhem around the country.

You see why some people will continue to be blind forever. It's because they lack common sense.
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
RuddyFusion:
the bottom line is he's not Igbo by Igbo I mean he's not from the five core eastern states

Being Igbo is about the ancestral language you speak and the ancestral surname you bear, not about if you are from the South East zone. Lucky Irabor comes from Agbor, an Igbo speaking area, but he has an Edo surname. He is an Edo man, no Igbo man on earth is called "Irabor"

However, in the same Delta state is Asaba, the capital city. The people of Asaba and their king, Obi Chike Edozien, all speak Igbo as their ancestral language and have Igbo surnames. They are Igbos

Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by Emyogalanya: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
RuddyFusion:
there are igala people iñ Anambra. That does not make them Igbo. They don't claim Igbo and we do not claim them as Igbo. So why should we claim an edo man as one
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
Emyogalanya:
there are igala people iñ Anambra. That does not make them Igbo. They don't claim Igbo and we do not claim them as Igbo. So why should we claim an edo man as one
The bottom line is he's not igbo
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by kettykin: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
RuddyFusion:

...One Nigeria indeed
Me thinks it was far advantageous for igbos to excel in US military than to hold glorified posts and positions in the joke and comedy called Nigerian military where illiterate bandits sack military command and ambush military convoys and innocent, gullible villagers are slaughtered in revenge by the military
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
kettykin:

Me thinks it was far advantageous for igbos to excel in US military than to hold glorified posts and positions in the joke and comedy called Nigerian military where illiterate bandits sack military command and ambush military convoys and innocent, gullible villagers are slaughtered in revenge by the military

I understand...but we are at the moment part of Nigeria..

And a very large part of it and we deserved to be at the core structure of things
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by orisa37: 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
IGBOS WILL TIE THE HEADS OF RAMS AND HE-GOATS TOGETHER.
Re: No Igbo Man Worthy Of Top Security Post In Nigeria by RuddyFusion(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2021
orisa37:
IGBOS WILL TIE THE HEADS OF RAMS AND HE-GOATS TOGETHER.
Meaning?

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Discovered 3 Bags Full Of Juju, $1 Million Cash In Diya's House- Major Adamu / Millions Of Northern Youths Hit The Street Of Kano, Block Major Roads For Obi / Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.