Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center (1232 Views)

Buhari Thanks Social Media For Victory At Poll.... / APC Members And Traditional Ruler Killed As Gunmen Invade Rivers / Tambuwal: Akpabio, Ihedioha Exchange Words On Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by dapachez: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
The District Head of Agii in Ushongo Local Government Area of Benue State, Chief Stephen Nduul and his eldest son, George exchanged hot words during the aborted National Assembly polls of April 2, 2011.
It was learnt that the exchange of words was caused by the fact that while George Nduul, a staff of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing is of the Action Congress of Nigeria, his father is a supporter of the PDP. A witness told our correspondent that George took two cows to his father’s residence at Ushongo to host ACN members, and the father, who felt embarrassed by that action decided to untie the cows, telling his son to go and build his house so that he can host opposing party members there. It was further gathered that on the election day, Chief Nduul allegedly took electoral officials into a classroom at Igbauke Primary School, Ushongo, for the exercise instead of under the mango tree, where the voters’ registration exercise was held. Angered by the father’s behaviour, George was said to have taken a detachment of armed policemen to the venue, but sensing trouble, the INEC officials relocated under the mango tree, where the accreditation took place before the election was later cancelled.

Chief Nduul, who retired as a Divisional Police Officer (DPO) was said to have rained curses on his son, saying, “If I was the one who knelt down to beg my colleague, former Minister of Works Chief Tony Anenih to employ you, you will never succeed in life”.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
george is in trouble, make ur papa no cause you ooo, no be good thing.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2011
dapachez:

The District Head of Agii in Ushongo Local Government Area of Benue State, Chief Stephen Nduul and his eldest son, George exchanged hot words during the aborted National Assembly polls of April 2, 2011.
It was learnt that the exchange of words was caused by the fact that while George Nduul, a staff of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing is of the Action Congress of Nigeria, his father is a supporter of the PDP. A witness told our correspondent that George took two cows to his father’s residence at Ushongo to host ACN members, and the father, who felt embarrassed by that action decided to untie the cows, telling his son to go and build his house so that he can host opposing party members there. It was further gathered that on the election day, Chief Nduul allegedly took electoral officials into a classroom at Igbauke Primary School, Ushongo, for the exercise instead of under the mango tree, where the voters’ registration exercise was held. Angered by the father’s behaviour, George was said to have taken a detachment of armed policemen to the venue, but sensing trouble, the INEC officials relocated under the mango tree, where the accreditation took place before the election was later cancelled.

Chief Nduul, who retired as a Divisional Police Officer (DPO) was said to have rained curses on his son, saying, “If I was the one who knelt down to beg my colleague, former Minister of Works Chief Tony Anenih to employ you, you will never succeed in life”.

Lol, i can imagine the old man kneeling down begging, seriously is this what our country has been reduced too? Is this the only way young graduates can get jobs not by thier ability but by their old fathers and mothers going to kneel down and beg
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:

Lol, i can imagine the old man kneeling down begging, seriously is this what our country has been reduced too? Is this the only way young graduates can get jobs not by thier ability but by their old fathers and mothers going to kneel down and beg

That is the way it is for most people. If you decide to make your own way, you will have to battle several demons and it is only with help of God that you can overcome them.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
na wa for politics.

but why was the son hosting AC members at his father's residence when he knew his father was in a different party?
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^^^^^always read before you post, no be by force
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by seanet02: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
Knew it can only happen in IGBOLAND!!!!!!!!
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by Cotton(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2011

embarassed
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by 9ja4eva: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
seanet02:

Is Benue an Igbo State?
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by 9ijaMan: 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
dapachez:

Another pointer to the fact that PDP is blackmailing traditional rulers with threats of getting deposed. A father's curse on his child can only be effective if and only if the Son engages in sacrilegious acts. In this instance, the son has decided to chose the future while his father wants to duel on the rotten past of PDP's 12 years of misrule. I doff my hat for the son. I am in a simlar position too, but my father has never for once and will never curse me or my other sibblings for opposing his political party.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by presido1: 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
9ja4eva:

Is Benue an Igbo State?
Hahahaha don't mind him, if its not Musa or Adebayo any other name in Nigeria is Igbo and don't blame him its either illiteracy (Free education was b4 him if illiteracy is the case) or foolishness.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by francisj(m): 8:03am On Apr 05, 2011
maclatunji:

That is the way it is for most people. If you decide to make your own way, you will have to battle several demons and it is only with help of God that you can overcome them.

what is the faith of those graduates that don't have someone to go and beg for them ?
The father is right ,the son is an ungrateful son who benefited from PDP,forcing the old man to kneel
down and beg(an indication that the son cannot get a job on merit), now he gat a job ,making some dough,
and want to challenge the hand that feed him.
If the son had gotten his job on merit,he might have gotten some respect from the father, i know a the
about the tradition of these people(NYSC in Benue state).
this son is indeed curse unless he go back and apologies to his father,infact, there will even b small sacrifice of goat or chicken depending
on the level of provocation of the old man
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by saintneo(m): 8:26am On Apr 05, 2011
maclatunji:

aisha2:

good points peeps.
it has become very disappointing that young men and women from nigeria tend to rely on this "Ima mmadu system = to know big person system" to excel. nevertheless, i thank God that there are some of us that are fighting had to get it done the true way.
seanet02:

just came back from vacation and everything remains Igbo! Igbo too much o!
francisj:

what is the faith of those graduates that don't have someone to go and beg for them ?
The father is right ,the son is an ungrateful son who benefited from PDP,forcing the old man to kneel
down and beg(an indication that the son cannot get a job on merit),  now he gat a job ,making some dough,
and want to challenge the hand that feed him.
If the son had gotten his job on merit,he might have gotten some respect from the father, i know a the
about the tradition of these people(NYSC in Benue state).
this son is indeed curse unless he go back and apologies to his father,infact, there will even b small sacrifice of goat or chicken depending
on the level of provocation of the old man
Akuko Mbe na Agu = Cock and Bull Stories
apologies for what? that a son has no right to choose where he wishes to be. my only advice to the son is to stand up and be a man and stop relying on his father's connections.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by redsun(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2011
I thought traditional rulers are suppose to stay neutral in nigerian dirty politics.Even the revered nigerian traditional institutions seems to have been bastardized these days like nigerian democrazy.
Re: Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center by dayokanu(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2011
Everything is Igbo to you. even Adams Oshiomole is Igbo LOL

(1) (Reply)

A Note Of Warning To Dr Gudluck Jonathan: / Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom / In Pursuit Of The Caine Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.