Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack (355 Views)

Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause / Liverpool Battle Chelsea Over FC Porto’s Alex Telles / Former Napoli Coach Sarri Chooses Chelsea Over PSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by Extrim(m): 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has slammed Chelsea F.C for not been patient with former manager Frank Lampard.

The Englishman was fired as manager of Chelsea due to the poor performances delivered by the team.

The Liverpool legend has shown his displeasure for the fact that the club did not stick with their manager during a crisis.

"I'm gutted for Frank, he's an ex-friend of mine, someone I respect greatly. Knowing the guy he'll be back before no time.

"He'll dust himself down and he'll get ready to get back involved. I think he'll use this time to spend with his family, he's obviously got a young family and one on the way.

"I'm disappointed for him. I thought it was a very swift exit on the back of a positive result at the weekend.

"I don't know how it's been with him, the relationships that he's had inside the club. But I did think it was an opportunity for Chelsea to reach out and support him during this tough period of results, rather than do what they've done.

"But Chelsea has got a history for that, so it was no surprise."

[url]=https://the96illusion.com/2021/01/27/steven-gerrard-slams-chelsea-over-frank-lampard-sack/[/url]

Re: Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by Kingosytex(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Gerrard is just spewing trash.

Abrahamovich's investment is going down the drain and he is there talking about patience.

If Gerrard is so pained, let me buy his own football club, employ Lampard and watch him get relegated.

Being a great player is not a prerequisite for being a great coach.

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by tolufase: 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
Kingosytex:

Abrahamovich's investment is going down the drain and he is there talking about patience.

If Gerrard is so pained, let me buy his own football club, employ Lampard and watch him get relegated.

You're right about football been an investment - a huge investment for that matter. But you know patient sometimes give a better results than taking rash decision like the way Chelsea's owner always do. Manchester united would have sacked their manager at the on set of the season but they were able to excise patient, and that's the results they'll getting now.
Re: Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by dawnomike(m): 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
"...Chelsea has got a history for that; so no surprise..." sums it all up.
Re: Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by decatalyst(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
Kingosytex:

Shouting like person wey dog bite eim balls.

He forgot that it's someone's money and investment we are talking about here.

Does he think it's the British government or the Queen that is financing the club?

Quite funny and laughable.

Lampard wasn't ripe enough to manage Chelsea...he jumped and now he to back to the ground.

I hope he dust himself up, soon, and bite what he can chew.
Re: Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by paulolee(m): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2021
all these england ex-professionals cnt leave sentiments and face the fact, lamps was sacked bcoz he was losing it and wasn't even sure of himself taking Chelsea forward, u don't expect d owner to run his business with sentiments and also it seems gerrad forgot that lamps spent so much money last summer with nothing to show for it..
tuchel is on board and let's see how it goes..
Re: Steven Gerrard Slams Chelsea Over Frank Lampard Sack by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2021
Thats why I hate anything British. Lampard got sacked for underperforming and not getting the best out of his heavy signings. I ought to have sacked him a long time ago if I were abramovic. Go to Twitter and see the attack these English media is heaping on Chelsea and tuchel. The worst mistake a top club will make is employing an English manager. They're just bunch of empty vessels with beautiful queens English. When it comes to management, they're just bums

(1) (Reply)

Royal Rumble: Mcintyre Defeats Goldberg To Retain WWE Title / Jurgen Klopp's Mum Elisabeth Dies Aged 81 With Liverpool Boss To Miss Funeral / Sure Games ⚽⚽⚽

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.